2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

Oh well we tried!, I could not believe the Red Sox could not win 5 out of 10. I knew I should of used my "bye"
Well, Thanks for the Chance to win my kids an Xbox system. It was truly a fun and nerve- racking game. Thanks Brian!!

You know whats actually quite funny about the way I was eliminated. If you remember Brian, I always would choose Troy Glaus because he was my boy in your home run derby. Then he goes and stabs me in the back :(

and then there were 14.......woohoo stayed alive, and i'll stick with my earlier pick of the Cubs, please and thanks. :D

Week 5 Cubs
week 4 Angels
week 3 Bye
week 2 Phillies
week 1 Cardinals

and then there were 14.......woohoo stayed alive, and i'll change my earlier pick of the Cubs to the Tampa Bay "dont call me devil" Rays, please and thanks. :D

Week 5 Rays
week 4 Angels
week 3 Bye
week 2 Phillies
week 1 Cardinals

taking the white sox, i pmed my pick too, but with so few left, i figured posting wont clog the thread up as bad, and you never really know if a pm is received.

Since I'm not seeing any picks for 4 of the players and it looks like they each used their bye already, I guess we're down to the final 10.

Congratulations to everyone who made it this far. I bet it's going to be a slugfest to the finish.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Damn , I forgot all about the All-Star break schedule change. Oh well , can't blame anyone but myself. Good luck to everyone else.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the contest!

I can't believe I missed the bolded red warnings. :bomb:

Yep...kinda sucks, I was going to pick Milwaukee too since there more than likely a lock to win at least 5 games the sub-par teams they play at home.

womp womp womp :D just joking

And then there were 10.....

Looks like things are gonna heat up as 7 of the 10s teams already have 2 of their wins and the rest have at least 1...

EDIT: Just looked back and all of us are out of byes as well so no freebies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i can tell milwaukee's got 5, everyone else has 4 except the rays who have 3. 3 days left though, maybe nobody gets eliminated this week?

It looks like everyone, except those that had Tampa Bay, advance. Unfortunately I had the the Rays. Boo!

But thanks for the contest. It was really fun to play. I haven't really paid attention to baseball in awhile until this contest.

And good luck to everyone still in it!

[quote name='whitedeath']brewers have to win today or they are out

whitesox and angels move on[/quote]

Uh, No.. Brewers were the first to clinch their 5 wins for the 10 game period.

When would you like our next pick to be in by Brian? Next Sunday as usual?

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Uh, No.. Brewers were the first to clinch their 5 wins for the 10 game period.

When would you like our next pick to be in by Brian? Next Sunday as usual?[/QUOTE]

my bad your right. i thought yall had 4 wins

[quote name='RenoTurk11']
When would you like our next pick to be in by Brian? Next Sunday as usual?[/quote]

We'll start up again on the 21st, so please have your pick in by 8 AM on that day. Good luck to those still alive!

Wow i just checked on this since ive been gone and my pick never loaded from the post i made last week. Im gonna go sulk in the corner that i was that close and went pickless.

HAHAHA darn Rays dropped 7 in a row after winning the first 3 games in the time period......

Oh well good luck to those still standing and thanks Brian for all the great contests. :D

I love Detroit a lot (my husband and I got to see their AAA club last weekend!), and I wish I wish I could trust those boys to come through for me, but I'm going to have to go with the Rays this week.

so we've got 2 with detroit, 2 with the rays, and 1 each for the mets and twins. good luck everybody, should be interesting. hell, as far as we know, someone could win a xbox 360 by the end of this week.

Just wanted to clarify one point since we're down to only a handful of players: In the unlikely scenario that nobody moves on this week, all six players will return for next week.

looks like almost all of us are in the same boat, the rays need 1 of 2 against toronto to go on, detroit needs 1 of 2 against the indians, the mets need 1 of 2 against florida, and all 3 of them are on the road. and as mentioned, minnesota needs 2 more against the sox.

Hey Brian,

Rays did it!!! Yay!

I'm going to be away all week (Leaving tomorrow morning at 4 AM-I'll be back Monday) but I want to get my pick in for next week now this way I don't miss it by accident.

I'll take the New York Mets for Week 7.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back