2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not smart A.O. not smart at all.

On Ballard. Do you think he didn't notice what he did or do you really think he just skated away not caring? I'm going to give him the benefit and say he didn't know he hit Vokoun.

In other news the Wings get a win over Dallas. Turco just has no chance against the Wings. His lifetime numbers are horrid versus Detroit.

Ovie has had a bad run of hits lately.

I don't want him to become known as a dirty player, because he isn't...but dang...two game misconducts in the same week? Jeez.

Ovie will be lucky if the only time he misses is due to suspension. He should get suspended. Same crap in the playoffs last year when he hit Gonchar . I'm a fan of Ovie, but he needs to be taught a lesson. We shall see what the NHL and its Wheel of Discipline come up with.

Hmm... that first hit was pretty bad, the second one I have a little less feeling about. If I were doing that hit in NHL10 it would be "checking from behind" not boarding or whatever. :/

Edit: just saw the new one they are talking about. (thanks NHL on the fly) I think part of the problem is ovie skates with his legs out and at least lately it's been getting him in trouble.

Looks like the wheel stopped on 2 games for A.O.
wheelofjustice.jpg

The Kings lost a tight one to St. Louis in the shootout, ending the Kings' 3 game winning streak. LA tied it up after pulling the goalie with just over 30 seconds in the 3rd, but they couldn't get it done in overtime and they lost the shootout 2-0.

The Boston-Toronto game was pretty much the same, but it was 7-2, not 8-2. But there were 2 goals for Boston like 10 seconds apart which was pretty cool.

I take what little hockey I can get. Darn you DirecTV and Comcast.
I blame Comcast

I fucking HATE Comcast... it's been either, Blackedout, named wrong, or on a completely different station. I hope they fucking die SOON. Also, I blame the fucking NHL. They could be serving to help the fan but no... instead they wanna fuck over them. Thanks.

:gasp: Again never would this happen in football... :roll:

[quote name='KingBroly']The Boston-Toronto game was pretty much the same, but it was 7-2, not 8-2. But there were 2 goals for Boston like 10 seconds apart which was pretty cool.

I take what little hockey I can get. Darn you DirecTV and Comcast.
I blame Comcast
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was at that game. Thornton and Orr had a nice fight too, Kessel was getting it from the crowd all night, Savard scored a hat trick, it was a nice game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFuwH2A8bZQ

Wings have some problems with scoring. We got shut out a gain. This time by the Blues. I'd love to trade Bertuzzi for someone who can either score (OK Bert isn't that bad when it comes to points I suppose) or a big player that isn't afraid to run over guys cause of an awful incident that still hangs over him.

The Kings blew a 4-2 lead but won in overtime when Dustin Brown broke his 15 game scoring slump. Anze Kopitar also ended his 13 game scoring skid.

The Kings are now tied for 2nd in the Western Conference and are 3 points behind San Jose for both the division lead as well as the conference lead.

Going to the Bruins-Leafs game again tonight, should be good again. Bruins haven't played since playing the Leafs at home 5 days ago and Toronto has played twice.

In other news, Montreal will receive a significant fine for using an ineligible player Tuesday night.

[quote name='redshadow']Cleary has a shoulder injury :( Red Wings get no love this year.[/QUOTE]

No kidding man. Its been rough

Cleary
Franzen
Kronwall
Williams
Filppula

[quote name='VipFREAK']Nice, Phx sounds like they made it a game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they lost but it was a good game.

I'm going to the Coyotes/Sharks game Saturday. Should be good, the games between those two clubs tend to be entertaining I think.

Those Bertooti goals were pretty good actually. Way to go D-twats.

Zebras here watching another game... Ott being ur typical little bitch.

Edit: Sharts trying to lose again. What's their MO in the 3rd? lose the lead then lose in OT. Check.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Well what do you know? Bertuzzi gets 2 goals and won the game in OT.[/QUOTE]

His second, the game winner was sick! Nice comeback win. They needed it.

Hm. The kings win vs the Stars today was pretty suspect. There was no kicking motion, and it wasn't really a second-shot due to the rebound.

I would have ruled that a goal on the ice. It looked like the goalie hit the puck, and it bounced off the shooter back into the net. Awkward turn of events, but it definitely wasn't a second shot, or a kick.

I didn't watch the game but the Queens should've easily been able to win over the SARS. In other news. Now the Sharts have resorted to losing in regulation. Nice. Did the Caps really get spanked by the Leafs? lol

[quote name='redshadow']Hm. The kings win vs the Stars today was pretty suspect. There was no kicking motion, and it wasn't really a second-shot due to the rebound.

I would have ruled that a goal on the ice. It looked like the goalie hit the puck, and it bounced off the shooter back into the net. Awkward turn of events, but it definitely wasn't a second shot, or a kick.[/QUOTE]

The way that they explained the last penalty shot on the post game wrap-up was that once the goalie poke checks the puck, the play is dead. It would've definitely been a goal in regulation, though.

Rule 25 - Penalty Shot
25.1 Penalty Shot – A penalty shot is designed to restore a scoring opportunity which was lost as a result of a foul being committed by the offending team, based on the parameters set out in these rules.
25.2 Procedure - The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee (by blowing his whistle), play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26308

That seems like an incredibly loose translation, even for the NHL. They have a history of turning their rules into a Wikipedia Entry in the past. I can understand calling it dead if it's a second shot, but if the goalie poke checks it into the shooter(while he's still progressing toward the net, mind you), and it happens to go into the goal after bouncing off his feet...eh.

[quote name='TC']I bought my girl and I tickets to a Red Wings charity wine tasting and meet & greet. Should be a fun.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']You should shake Bertuzzi's hand. It's freakin massive.[/QUOTE]

Well we went tonight and had a fantastic time. Met a ton of guys and all of them were genuinely nice. Some more comfortable chatting than others. Just a great night!

And Bertuzzi is a large human!

Here is a quick pic of my lady and I with Valteri Filppula.
2009toht002b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TC']Well we went tonight and had a fantastic time. Met a ton of guys and all of them were genuinely nice. Some more comfortable chatting than others. Just a great night!

And Betuzzi is a large human!

Here is a quick pic of my lady and I with Valteri Filppula.
2009toht002b.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's funny. I was right by Filppula when I took my sister to see a Justin Timberlake concert a few years back :lol:.Was Ericsson around? Any crutches or something. Perhaps an insider told you something ;)

Didn't realize there was this many hockey fans on CAG. Good to see. Anyhow I root for the Flyers. Sadly, their play has been complete garbage lately...

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']That's funny. I was right by Filppula when I took my sister to see a Justin Timberlake concert a few years back :lol:.Was Ericsson around? Any crutches or something. Perhaps an insider told you something ;)[/QUOTE]

You ever see Valteri again don't hesitate to say hello. He is a truly super nice guy. His cast was gone and said he should be back right after Christmas.

Didn't heard anything about Ericsson the entire evening. Johan Franzen was there and looked good. Said he had just started light skating that morning but was still far out from returning. Speaking of Franzen I'd always heard that he wasn't friendly at all. This couldn't have been further from the truth. He actually joked around with us for a few minutes after I told him he wasn't allowed to play against the Hawks early season anymore! Jason Williams told us he was happy to get that cast off and can't wait to get back in the lineup. Jason is like talking to one of your buddies. Just easy going.

[quote name='jaydepps']Didn't realize there was this many hockey fans on CAG. Good to see. Anyhow I root for the Flyers. Sadly, their play has been complete garbage lately...[/QUOTE]

I'd like to thank the Flyers for getting Pronger out of the Western conference. :D

[quote name='jaydepps']Didn't realize there was this many hockey fans on CAG. Good to see. Anyhow I root for the Flyers. Sadly, their play has been complete garbage lately...[/QUOTE]
There are going to be some major changes coming for the Flyers. Jeff Carter is banging Scott Hartnell's wife and the whole team is divided over it.

[quote name='dafoomie']There are going to be some major changes coming for the Flyers. Jeff Carter is banging Scott Hartnell's wife and the whole team is divided over it.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap!!!! I'd assume Hartnell would be the one getting moved?

There is no proof to that though. It's all rumors. But, I do agree something is gonna give. Tonight's game gives them something to build on though even with the SO loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back