2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Actually, the comparisons I made in regards to Oden v Dwight Howard, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Marcus Camby, and Dikembe Mutombo were all independent of playing time - I used rate stats, meaning the rate at which a player does ___ as a percentage of plays that player is on the floor. This helps create a neutral environment in which to compare players, as some players' per game stats may be depressed or inflated by relative lack of playing time, pace, or both. As an example, a guy grabbing 21% of all rebound opportunities playing for the Golden State Warriors (fastest paced team in the NBA) for 40 MPG would have a per game average much higher than a guy grabbing an equal percentage of rebounds while playing for the Spurs for 30 MPG, and if you looked at simply RPG, the hypothetical player on the Spurs (one of the slowest paced teams in the NBA) would look much more inferior than he actually is.

The only per minute comparison I made was with Dwight Howard, and that was to illustrate to those who may not understand rate stats that Oden produces at a level that is comparable to what Dwight Howard puts up. Even then, I adjusted Oden's numbers upward slightly to create a pace-neutral per minute comparison, as Portland and Orlando play at significantly different paces.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with your stats at all, I think Oden could be a really good player, I just think injuries will more then likely hinder him his entire career. It's too bad really, he is a good player except for the crazy injuries.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I remember them also saying the Raptors and/or Wizards would be a top 4 seed, and that the NBA title contenders were the Lakers, Cavaliers, Magic, and Spurs.[/QUOTE]

Timmy knowing this or next year may be his last hurrah, is a very dangerous thing.

Who knows anything other than the Lakers in the west? It's going to be a crazy couple rounds and have we seen the Spurs completely healthy all season? They now have Tony Parker getting close to 100% and Ginobili on fire.

Lakers beat the Kings by six.

Magic still up 1, they play Philly tonight, Lakers play the Clippers. No idea who has the tie breaker for home court in a potential finals matchup if the Lakers win and Magic lose since they split the season series.

So who do y'all think is going to win the championship this year?

I'm a die-hard Lakers fan, but with the way they've been playing recently, I can see the Cavs winning it all.

[quote name='dmaul1114']In order of chances I see:

Cavs
Magic
Lakers
Mavs

I'd be very surprised if one of those 4 didn't win it.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm biased but you have to add the Celts in there. The lower quantity of games and no back-to-backs will only help. They have been able to play dominate this year and i think they could turn it on for the playoffs. Heck they went far last year even without KG

[quote name='docvinh']I don't disagree with your stats at all, I think Oden could be a really good player, I just think injuries will more then likely hinder him his entire career. It's too bad really, he is a good player except for the crazy injuries.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I think you may be correct.

Even though I'm not a Blazers fan, I don't want to see an awesome talent crumble due to injury.

[quote name='lordopus99']LOL... you still think the bulls are in the running for an All-Star free agent... it ain't happening. Besides the atrocious management and coaching, you can add in the outspokeness of your players such as Noah trashing Lebron, who the Bulls also thought they would try for in the offseason :)lol:)...why would they want to play for this... just because the bulls were dominate in the 90s. It has been a decade since MJ won a title for them. They have been mediocre to bad since MJ left.[/QUOTE]

What the hell do thr 90s have to do with anything? Are you a bitter Jazz fan? You probably have a Kobe #8 jersey and a flat billed Washington Nationals hat with a big gold sticker still on it. Seriously, I hate when people try to talk about stuff when they don't know anything about the subject.

[quote name='lordopus99']LOL... you still think the bulls are in the running for an All-Star free agent... it ain't happening.[/QUOTE]
O RLY? Because I wasn't aware you were the agent of many NBA players. But thanks for backing this with valid points and a strong argument.

[quote name='lordopus99']Besides the atrocious management and coaching[/QUOTE]
Vinny (while he isn't as bad as he's made out to be) isn't coming back next year. They're hiring a new coach.

[quote name='lordopus99']you can add in the outspokeness of your players such as Noah trashing Lebron, who the Bulls also thought they would try for in the offseason :)lol:)...[/QUOTE]
Noah trashing LeBitch? Sorry buddy, but if you know anything about the Bulls of the past 6 or so seasons, you know that they don't showboat and they sure as fuck don't take showboating. If they lose, that's one thing. But when Noah was "trashing" LeBitch, it was because he was doing a riverdance on the bench because one of his teammates hit a three. The Bulls time and time again let opponents hear about it if they attempt to showboat (last year Kirk Hinrich had words for Kevin Garnett about his chest pounding and lip puckering). And when the flying fuck did you ever hear that the Bulls were targeting LeBron? I think I know a little more about the Bulls and their situation than you, and most fans of the team know that LeBron has never been the Bulls target. They'll be going hard for Bosh or Stoudemire. And only one of them can go play with Wade and enjoy bikinis in Miami, and i'm sorry but New York (even though ESPN's atttitude is "NEW YORK IS TEH AWESUMZ AND SO IS NEW JERSEY BECUZ JAY-Z!! NOW LETS GO PUT OUR HEAD IN JOHN WALL'S LAP!", I really don't understand why anybody would want to go there.

So quit being bitter because MJ and Scottie kept your team from winning a title and talk like you know something about anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jlarlee']I know I'm biased but you have to add the Celts in there. The lower quantity of games and no back-to-backs will only help. They have been able to play dominate this year and i think they could turn it on for the playoffs. Heck they went far last year even without KG[/QUOTE]

They have a shot, but I can't see them beating Cleveland or Orlando in a 7 game series with those teams having home court advantage.

Honestly, I hope one of these out of nowhere teams wins the title this year. I want the Thunder to win it all.

But in all seriousness, I can only assume if VC really gets going that the Magic will win. They have a crazy amount of weapons on that team and I really dont think many teams have the talent to match up with them...granted this depends if they can raise their game up to play off level.

Carter, Howard, Lewis, Nelson, Piterus (sp) Matt Barnes (meh) are really hard to stop when they get going.

Its not about the super stars its about the role players and how they can match up and other than Denver (who they wont play unless they are in the finals) I dont really see another team that can stand up over 7 games.

No I am saying this as a unbiased fan of the NBA (I have no favorite team..I just really love basketball)

[quote name='Matt Young']I can't believe I forgot to mention this yesterday, but it was the funniest thing I've seen in nearly 2 decades of watching basketball
[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was hilarious... here's the diehard Celtics fan, Bill Simmons take on Sheed: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100407&sportCat=nba

[quote name='Soodmeg']Honestly, I hope one of these out of nowhere teams wins the title this year. I want the Thunder to win it all.
[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. If the Thunder score a big name in the offseason, watchout league.

Edit: My Grizz aren't going to hit the .500 mark this season. Oh well, better than projected season none the less.

[quote name='Drclaw411']My Bulls are in for the 5th time in 6 seasons! Now, win or lose against the Cavaliers, let's make this hell for LeBron James![/QUOTE]

Combined margin of victory from the Bulls in their 2 wins of the split season series...2 points. One of those wins in early November and the other in a game without LBJ or Delonte. Hell is not how I would describe this matchup.

I don't mean to fan the fire but Joakim Noah is the ugliest human on the planet and I will particularly enjoy his protests when the Cavs dance their way to a SWEEP!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad the Bulls made it to the post season. I really don't care if they get swept or not. It's good to see Rose, Gibson and Noah get some more playoff experience. What I'm really excited for is the off-season, Bulls got the cap room to land a all-star. Come on Bosh or D-Wade!!!!

[quote name='bigtymer']Combined margin of victory from the Bulls in their 2 wins of the split season series...2 points. One of those wins in early November and the other in a game without LBJ or Delonte. Hell is not how I would describe this matchup.

I don't mean to fan the fire but Joakim Noah is the ugliest human on the planet and I will particularly enjoy his protests when the Cavs dance their way to a SWEEP!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I assume you're one of those who said the Bulls would be swept by Boston last year too then? Listen to me, you Shaq-worshipping tool (who certainly did intendo to "fuel the fire", and guess what you're getting your wish), the dancing is exactly why the Bulls wont be swept. I've watched the Bulls for a long time, and one thing they absolutely wont tolorate is showboating and cockiness. When (I say "when" and not "if") LeBron riverdances because somebody else hit a 3, the Bulls will, rather than get demoralized, turn it up a notch and use LeBitch's arrogance as a motivator. If he get's rediculous, they will not hesitate to put him on his ass, just as Rajon Rondo. Am I picking the Bulls to win this series? No. But I highly doubt they get swept, and they will certainly be competitive. This isn't that pride-less Detroit team that Cleveland vaporized in 4 last year. Again, I'm still picking the Cavaliers to win, but don't you dare mistake the Bulls for a team that will feel intimidate by Cleveland, LeBron's showboating, random acts of Cavalier classlessness, or the Cleveland crowd. Derrick Rose and his Bulls showed last season in Boston, as well as many times over the last 2 regular seasons, that when they lose on the road, it certainly isn't because they're intimidated or not competitive.

And as long as we're stating reasons on why the teams won the games they did in the regular season, the Cavs won the first game they did when the Bulls were missing Joakim Noah and Kirk Hinrich. The second game that Cleveland won? Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah (yes, the team's 4 best players) were all out. And the Bulls were down by only 5 in the 4th quarter until LeBron checked in to bail out their asses. So there were 2 games in which the Bulls were missing key players and the Cavs won both. There was 1 game the Cavs were missing key players and the Bulls won that game. The final game in which everybody was healthy and available went to the Bulls.

That's right: the only time both teams were at full strength, the Bulls won. But I guess you don't think that counts since it was early in the season and the Cavaliers were still getting used to their new Big Mac in the middle.

So next time you're wacking off to a picture of LeBron James dunking with one hand behind his ear, try to not be posting in a thread at the same time.

[quote name='Drclaw411']What the hell do thr 90s have to do with anything? Are you a bitter Jazz fan? You probably have a Kobe #8 jersey and a flat billed Washington Nationals hat with a big gold sticker still on it. Seriously, I hate when people try to talk about stuff when they don't know anything about the subject.

Noah trashing LeBitch? Sorry buddy, but if you know anything about the Bulls of the past 6 or so seasons, you know that they don't showboat and they sure as fuck don't take showboating. If they lose, that's one thing. But when Noah was "trashing" LeBitch, it was because he was doing a riverdance on the bench because one of his teammates hit a three. The Bulls time and time again let opponents hear about it if they attempt to showboat (last year Kirk Hinrich had words for Kevin Garnett about his chest pounding and lip puckering). And when the flying fuck did you ever hear that the Bulls were targeting LeBron? I think I know a little more about the Bulls and their situation than you, and most fans of the team know that LeBron has never been the Bulls target. They'll be going hard for Bosh or Stoudemire. And only one of them can go play with Wade and enjoy bikinis in Miami, and i'm sorry but New York (even though ESPN's atttitude is "NEW YORK IS TEH AWESUMZ AND SO IS NEW JERSEY BECUZ JAY-Z!! NOW LETS GO PUT OUR HEAD IN JOHN WALL'S LAP!", I really don't understand why anybody would want to go there.

So quit being bitter because MJ and Scottie kept your team from winning a title and talk like you know something about anything.[/QUOTE]

My team kept itself from winning a title since we were a brand new team around that point. If you would read anywhere in this thread, you would know I am a Magic fan (been that way since Scott Skiles and Terry Catlidge). Boy the times have change since our team is up and yours is way down. You sound pretty bitter and bias. I am a realist. This is why I mentioned what I did. In our history, my town had the hope that TIMMY would show up and play with us... but the realist in me said "there is no way he is moving to play in Orlando"... and you know what happened... he resigned with the Spurs.

As for your statements, I personally can't stand Kobe and I think the Jazz are by far the boring-est team in the NBA. I don't watch Baseball so no Nationals hat here... :roll:

The reason I brought the 90s into this is... personally why do you think Chris Bosh would come to Chicago? What reason would he have to want to come there? The atrocious management? the subpar players? the "new" coach you say you are getting? the cold weathers? Wow... sounds so inviting...:roll: Let's look at facts... Bosh grew up in Dallas, TX (so no ties there), is super good friends with Dwayne Wade and Lebron James, and has a home in South Florida... to me being the realist, I would assume one of three things... 1) staying put in Toronto with a new fat contract, 2) Go play with Wade in Miami (my guess is Wade re-signs with them), or 3) go play with Lebron (most likely in Cleveland).

As for the Lebron comment, I actually heard that statement during one of your televised games a couple weeks back. Maybe it was their opinion that you were trying for them... Remember the same analysts pick and say things all the time based on speculation.

You could have a shot at Stoudamire as who knows where he will end up. Boy don't you wish you still had Tyrus Thomas... Another talent you threw away.

Good job sneaking into the playoffs with almost a losing record. Hope you like your chalk claps... Why bring last year into this... it was a different team. The bulls had reserves. Different starters. Just looking at Game 1 from last year...
Starters - John Salmons (Gone), Tyrus Thomas (Gone), Ben Gordon (Gone) - accounted for 48 of the 105 points
Reserve - Tim Thomas (Gone)
That leaves you 4 guys that played in last years series still with the team. I predict a Cavs Sweep. Jamison + West + Varejo > Miller + Flip + Warrick

Playoffs wise... I think the winner of the Cavs/Magic Eastern Championship game wins the title. I think in the West it is anyones game to get to the Finals.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
So next time you're wacking off to a picture of LeBron James dunking with one hand behind his ear, try to not be posting in a thread at the same time.[/QUOTE]

In general I beat off to consecutive MVPs and consecutive 60 win seasons.
I never thought that shit bag of a Celts team would sweep last year because they are a worse team then the Cavs and the Bulls were a better team last year. As for your assertion that LeBron's swagger will get him put on his ass, it could happen but the flagrants will fly and the Stern hammer will drop. And I don't care nor will I refute that he gets special treatment and get fouls and calls no one else would because guess what I had to watch a decade of the same shit from a man in a Bulls uni what goes around comes around. And speaking of cockiness they only can't tolerate it because they aren't on top... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvQbQUv9qBw he is one ugly motherfucker.
If you honestly believe that either team was a "full strength" in game 5 of the season you are as dumb as Vinnie Del Negro's coaching strategy is stupid. Please can your front office avoid the infighting for a week so they can unite and take pictures of the best #23 to step on the United Center floor. (maybe not best but at least he's not a degenerate gambler)

[quote name='bobo2k4']I'm glad the Bulls made it to the post season. I really don't care if they get swept or not. It's good to see Rose, Gibson and Noah get some more playoff experience. What I'm really excited for is the off-season, Bulls got the cap room to land a all-star. Come on Bosh or D-Wade!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm glad we made it again too, but I don't think we're going to beat the Cavs. We shouldn't be swept though either. Hopefully someone decent will come this offseason, last time we cleared cap room we got Ben Wallace.

I'm really disappointed that the Bucks will be without Bogut in the playoffs. That team could've scared the crap out of anyone in the East.

Even though I still think the Lakers will win, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Magic, Cavs, or basically anyone from the West win it all.

[quote name='lordopus99']My team kept itself from winning a title since we were a brand new team around that point. If you would read anywhere in this thread, you would know I am a Magic fan (been that way since Scott Skiles and Terry Catlidge). Boy the times have change since our team is up and yours is way down. You sound pretty bitter and bias. I am a realist. This is why I mentioned what I did. In our history, my town had the hope that TIMMY would show up and play with us... but the realist in me said "there is no way he is moving to play in Orlando"... and you know what happened... he resigned with the Spurs.

As for your statements, I personally can't stand Kobe and I think the Jazz are by far the boring-est team in the NBA. I don't watch Baseball so no Nationals hat here... :roll:

The reason I brought the 90s into this is... personally why do you think Chris Bosh would come to Chicago? What reason would he have to want to come there? The atrocious management? the subpar players? the "new" coach you say you are getting? the cold weathers? Wow... sounds so inviting...:roll: Let's look at facts... Bosh grew up in Dallas, TX (so no ties there), is super good friends with Dwayne Wade and Lebron James, and has a home in South Florida... to me being the realist, I would assume one of three things... 1) staying put in Toronto with a new fat contract, 2) Go play with Wade in Miami (my guess is Wade re-signs with them), or 3) go play with Lebron (most likely in Cleveland).

As for the Lebron comment, I actually heard that statement during one of your televised games a couple weeks back. Maybe it was their opinion that you were trying for them... Remember the same analysts pick and say things all the time based on speculation.

You could have a shot at Stoudamire as who knows where he will end up. Boy don't you wish you still had Tyrus Thomas... Another talent you threw away.

Good job sneaking into the playoffs with almost a losing record. Hope you like your chalk claps... Why bring last year into this... it was a different team. The bulls had reserves. Different starters. Just looking at Game 1 from last year...
Starters - John Salmons (Gone), Tyrus Thomas (Gone), Ben Gordon (Gone) - accounted for 48 of the 105 points
Reserve - Tim Thomas (Gone)
That leaves you 4 guys that played in last years series still with the team. I predict a Cavs Sweep. Jamison + West + Varejo > Miller + Flip + Warrick

Playoffs wise... I think the winner of the Cavs/Magic Eastern Championship game wins the title. I think in the West it is anyones game to get to the Finals.[/QUOTE]

Why would Bosh come to Chicago? I never said there was a guarentee the Bulls were signing Bosh. I said they are going to try to sign him. Why would he consider it? #3 biggest market in sports. The "sub-par" players you talk about include Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah (say what you want about the way he looks, doesn't change his game), Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, and Taj Gibson are far and away a better option as far as teammates than any other option, with the exception of Miami if you consider Wade+nothing > Rose+Bulls, which is up for discussion. He isn't going to follow LeBron anywhere, because after Cleveland resigns him they wont have any capspace, nor do they have impact, possible all-star young players that Toronto would demand in a sign and trade. The 90's have nothing to do with it, so stop your Michael Jordan envy. Listen, I fully understand why opponents wouldn't like to play the Bulls in the 90's. But while, yes, Jordan and Pippen did demoralize their opponents, they did it with their play. You didn't see a river dance or a chest pound in the face of opponents.

As far as our telecast mentioning the Bulls going for LeBron? Preaching to the choir. Stacy King and Niel Funk are average at best. They like to make rediculous comments like that, and each game they pick 1 flaw of the other team or 1 player from the other team and spend the entire telecast derailing it/him regardless of the score. Having the privilage of watching one of the all time greats (Johnny "Red" Kerr) call the games until last season (thus giving an imidiate comparison to him), makes it seem even worse.

As far as throwing away Tyrus Thomas, most Bulls fans agree that the Bulls organization mishandled him from day 1 and we all wish he could have excelled here, but we also knew that wasn't going to happen. The reason Thomas, as well as John Salmons, were traded for players who play the same positions but not as well was for the sole reason of creating extra cap space for the summer. As a Bulls fan I look at it like this. Keeping those guys and extending them would have tied us up long term, even more so in two years when Rose and Noah need to get paid. Now, that would have also gaurenteed us to be a 48-54ish win team for about 10 years. However, I feel that if there is even a microcosm of Bosh (or LeBron, Amare, Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade, Al Jefferson, etc.) considering coming to Chicago, it would have been foolish not to put ourselves in that position. If we don't get one of those guys, we're still the same team and still have cap felxibility. With another star next to Rose, on paper we have a team on par with the best of the west and have an underdog's chance to beat the Cavs to get into the finals. If one of those guys doesn't sign? Is the next 5 years being filled with 1st or 2nd round exits all that much different than it being filled with 2nd or 3rd round exists?

And you're right. Last year's Bulls team was better than this year's (by design. Again, since day one, this year's goal has been clear cap space while still reaching the playoffs, and do it without losing Rose or Noah), but, and I know you don't get to see the Bulls, imparticularly Rose, as often as I do, but I simply don't think this team will allow themselves to be swept. I don't think they will beat the Cavs. I'm all for that epic upset as much as the next guy, but i'm also realistic and I believe the Cavaliers will win the series. However, I do give Derrick Rose and the Bulls enough credit to believe they will not completely roll over. Could I be wrong? Maybe they don't roll over, but Cleveland is just that much better? Sure, it could happen, but I still think the Bulls will get at least 1 game, and the series will most likely go to 6.

Now, I don't want bad blood between myself and another NBA fan (or CAG, for that matter), so just to show you I'm not trying to be an ass, I would like to say a few things about your Orlando Magic. I really, really, really like Dwight Howard. I'm also one of the few people from Chicago that don't think the two Rose injuries were intentional. And I really think the Magic could make the finals again. I'll be rooting for them should they play Cleveland, mainly because I hate the egos of LeBron and Shaq, and I think they deserve much more credit than ESPN gives them credit for. When the Bulls played Orlando this year, Orlando took 2 of 3, both of the losses sans-Rose. I happen to be at the game the Bulls won, and (as i'm sure you know) the Magic live and die by the 3 point shot. I couldn't believe that in overtime against the Bulls on the road (and this was pre-flurry-of-Bulls-injuries so at the time the teams had similar reccords), rather than shoveling it inside when a rookie (Gibson) was on Howard, they tried to win by having JJ Reddick jack up 3s. I know they've made 3s all year, but this could really be the death of them in the finals should the play the Lakers. Bryant and Artest are very good perimiter defenders, and Howard will absolutley need to be option 1 instead of option 1.5 to the 3's. That being said, I if they are able to grab a true "slasher" style SF next year (VC just doesn't seem to do that kind of thing anymore), then look out LeBron, because in my opinion, Orlando is now better.

[quote name='bigtymer']In general I beat off to consecutive MVPs and consecutive 60 win seasons.
I never thought that shit bag of a Celts team would sweep last year because they are a worse team then the Cavs and the Bulls were a better team last year. As for your assertion that LeBron's swagger will get him put on his ass, it could happen but the flagrants will fly and the Stern hammer will drop. And I don't care nor will I refute that he gets special treatment and get fouls and calls no one else would because guess what I had to watch a decade of the same shit from a man in a Bulls uni what goes around comes around. And speaking of cockiness they only can't tolerate it because they aren't on top...

If you honestly believe that either team was a "full strength" in game 5 of the season you are as dumb as Vinnie Del Negro's coaching strategy is stupid. Please can your front office avoid the infighting for a week so they can unite and take pictures of the best #23 to step on the United Center floor. (maybe not best but at least he's not a degenerate gambler)[/QUOTE]

I've seen LeBron put on his ass before. Flagrants didn't happen. And seriously, you just posted insult after insult after fuck you after insult. Who is your favorite team? I'm sorry if Jordan and Pippen stopped you from having a title in the 90s. If they didn't, and you just have some other kind of anti-Jordan/Pippen/Bulls fetish, that's fine (every sport's best players always have a strong hate-base), but seriously don't try to use your opinion as an argument. "What goes around, comes around". What the almighty fuck? Did the Bulls do something they weren't supposed to here? Should Jordan not have hit the shot over Ehlo because it would be mean? Don't say stupid things.

And how the fuck is both teams having all their players not full strength. I'm sorry, but the fact that your team needed about 2 weeks longer than the preseason and training camp to get used to their new obese center is not my problem and nobody's going to feel sorry for you in the NBA because you havn't "gelled as a team" the point of the season in no way determines if it was "full strength" or not. If I remember right, those games still count. Based on your logic, the Bulls should be 5th seed because the 10 game losing streak they had when their 4 best players were all out shouldn't have counted because it wasn't their fault and teams should have gone easy on them. Think before you post.

[quote name='thamaster24']I'm really disappointed that the Bucks will be without Bogut in the playoffs. That team could've scared the crap out of anyone in the East.

Even though I still think the Lakers will win, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Magic, Cavs, or basically anyone from the West win it all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure the Bucks can't win a series. With or without Bogut, they're better than Miami as long as their young players arent intimidated by Wade, or the Miami fans all wearing white shirts, but I really don't think that will be a problem under Scott Skiles.

When Skiles coached the Bulls, I had the privilage of watching the series in which the Bulls swept the then defending Champion heat after they (especially Shaq) ran their mouths in the week leading up to the series. For what it's worth, Skiles has to know something about how to coach against Wade to sweep him. I know that Bulls team was better than this Bucks team, but that Heat team was also better than this Heat team (despite Antoine Walker), so it evens out.

[quote name='thamaster24']I'm really disappointed that the Bucks will be without Bogut in the playoffs. That team could've scared the crap out of anyone in the East.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Bucks fan and his injury destroyed all my excitement for the playoffs. The Bucks would have had a decent shot at knocking off Atlanta (or especially Boston if they had drawn them in the first round) with Bogut. Without him, I'm now hoping they can just win a game to avoid the sweep.

[quote name='guyver2077']Its black shirts this year :)[/QUOTE]

I would have stuck with white. It was really intimidating. The year we sweapt the Heat though, it also kind of backfired on them lol. At the United Center, we were chanting "white hot heat" as Antonie Walker continued to brick them out of the series.

Wow, Suns dodged a bullet... Brandon Roy will have surgery tomorrow and miss the playoffs.

Portland has been a tough team for the Suns to beat this year.

I think the biggest problem for Chicago landing free agent is the weather. Nobody wants to play there. Boston has its history and New York has it's huge market to offset the weather problems

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Now, I don't want bad blood between myself and another NBA fan (or CAG, for that matter), so just to show you I'm not trying to be an ass, I would like to say a few things about your Orlando Magic............ That being said, I if they are able to grab a true "slasher" style SF next year (VC just doesn't seem to do that kind of thing anymore), then look out LeBron, because in my opinion, Orlando is now better.
[/QUOTE]

There is no bad blood; just discussion. Everyone will defend their team, no matter the circumstances. We will just agree to disagree about Bulls offseason. We will see what happens this June/July/August.

As for my Magic, we have plenty of true slashers (vince, pietrus, lewis, nelson)... we just don't use them as slashers. Like you mentioned, we live and die by the three (think Phoenix system). All these players turned into "sit at the three point line" type players once they came to Orlando. It is how the players are coached to do.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Based on your logic, the Bulls should be 5th seed because the 10 game losing streak they had when their 4 best players were all out shouldn't have counted because it wasn't their fault and teams should have gone easy on them. .[/QUOTE]

How does my logic eliminate games in which teams aren't "gelled" or at "full strength"? Even with a shitty couple weeks at the beginning of the season the Cavs collected the best record in the NBA. I am saying that no team even your precious Bulls were playing their best basketball in November.
Preseason or not every team has guys who aren't in shape and additions who aren't integrated into all the schemes. But don't take that to mean I am a Shaq apologist, honestly I thought when he signed it was a bad move because he has left 3 teams on bad terms but I do understand the need to clog the lane and free up a would be double team man to cover the perimeter aka Lewis and Pietrus.

As for what goes around comes around I was trying to preemptively quash any talk of favorable calls because all superstars get them and when your team doesn't have one you just have to sit there and take it a la I have watched it for 2 decades now you can enjoy the unending frustration. And I said nothing anti-Jordan/90s Bulls (at least not about his playing career) and I take no offense to beating the Cavs of yesteryear.

First round predictions, anyone?

East:
Cavaliers defeat Bulls 4-2
Magic defeat Bobcats 4-1
Hawks defeat Bucks 4-2
Heat defeat Celtics 4-3

West:
Lakers defeat Thunder 4-1
Mavericks defeat Spurs 4-3
Suns defeat Blazers 4-2
Jazz defeat Nuggets 4-3

[quote name='Matt Young']First round predictions, anyone?

East:
Magic defeat Bobcats 4-1
Hawks defeat Bucks 4-2
Heat defeat Celtics 4-3

West:
Suns defeat Blazers 4-2
Jazz defeat Nuggets 4-3[/QUOTE]

I'll play

East:
Cavaliers over Bulls 4-2
Magic over Bobcats 4-2
Hawks over Bucks 4-3
Heat over Celtics 4-2

West:
Lakers over Thunder 4-3
Mavericks over Spurs 4-2
Blazers over Suns 4-3
Nuggets over Jazz 4-2

[quote name='Matt Young']First round predictions, anyone?

East:
Magic defeat Bobcats 4-1
Hawks defeat Bucks 4-2
Heat defeat Celtics 4-3

West:
Suns defeat Blazers 4-2
Jazz defeat Nuggets 4-3[/QUOTE]

East:
Cavaliers defeat Bulls 4-1
Magic defeat Bobcats 4-1
Hawks defeat Bucks 4-2
Celtics defeat Heat 4-2

West:
Lakers defeat Thunder 4-2
Spurs defeat Mavs 4-3
Suns defeat Blazers 4-2
Jazz defeat Nuggets 4-2

Phil Jackson complaining about the fouls Kevin Durant getting fouls?

Hmmmm, were you complaining when Jordan was getting his superstar calls? Or how about when Shaq was elbowing people in the face has he traveled his way for in for a dunk? Or the hundreds of calls that Kobe has got over the years.

I have never really ripped Phil Jackson in my hatred of the lakers but this was what we called a bitch move. He has profited from superstar calls the most of ANYONE in the history of the NBA and now he wants to rip Durant.

As for predictions, I like to make them bold.

East:
Cavs over Bulls 4-0 (sorry bulls fans but the cavs are to motivated)
Magic over Bobcats 4 - 2 (will be tough for the magic but they will pull it out)
Hawks over Bucks 4 - 0 (Without AB they are toast against the Hawks)
Heat over Celtics 4 - 2 ( The C's look horrid at the times, I hope they lose0

West:
Lakers over Thunder 4 - 2
Mavs over Spurs in the best series of the opening round 4-3
Suns over Blazers without Roy they are toast. 4-2
Nuggets over Jazz in a sweep 4-0 Nuggets simply have too much firepower.

You were all correct. Bulls will get blown out in 4. I hate this. I hate that the cavs fans consider this jordan revenge. I hate that they WANT 4 blowouts, not a sweep. I hate that LeBitch will showboat the fuck out of the series. I hate shaq's sense of entitlement. I hate their fans high pitched screams. And I hate that the Bulls are intimidated and playing like trash. Im done watching this game. fuck LeBron, fuck Shaq, and fuck showboating.

[quote name='Drclaw411']You were all correct. Bulls will get blown out in 4. I hate this. I hate that the cavs fans consider this jordan revenge. I hate that they WANT 4 blowouts, not a sweep. I hate that LeBitch will showboat the fuck out of the series. I hate shaq's sense of entitlement. I hate their fans high pitched screams. And I hate that the Bulls are intimidated and playing like trash. Im done watching this game. fuck LeBron, fuck Shaq, and fuck showboating.[/QUOTE]
That was quick, way to have faith in your team.

[quote name='yukine']That was quick, way to have faith in your team.[/QUOTE]

Faith for my team is clouded by the fact that I hate Shaquille ONeal with the white hot passion of a trillion suns.

On a side note:

"I know the refs have to protect the league's best player and his team you cant let them lose in round 1, but to completley take Rose out of the game, it's a wonder the Bulls didn't lose by 50. It's one thing to try and gently edge the best player to round 2, it's another to be the Cavs sixth man." -ESPN

fuck the refs, I hope the get shot in the foot.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
On a side note:

"I know the refs have to protect the league's best player and his team you cant let them lose in round 1, but to completley take Rose out of the game, it's a wonder the Bulls didn't lose by 50. It's one thing to try and gently edge the best player to round 2, it's another to be the Cavs sixth man." -ESPN[/QUOTE]

is that a user comment? Or was it a writer or analyst for ESPN? Was it Phil Jackson?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Faith for my team is clouded by the fact that I hate Shaquille ONeal with the white hot passion of a trillion suns.

On a side note:

"I know the refs have to protect the league's best player and his team you cant let them lose in round 1, but to completley take Rose out of the game, it's a wonder the Bulls didn't lose by 50. It's one thing to try and gently edge the best player to round 2, it's another to be the Cavs sixth man." -ESPN

fuck the refs, I hope the get shot in the foot.[/QUOTE]

I'm not one of the crazy Cavs fans... but it seemed like every time Rose got grazed, he was flailing his arms and legs everywhere to try and draw a foul. Not saying all of them weren't fouls, but it got annoying to watch. But I understand the bit about giving LeBron calls, it happens in every game around the league though.

The Bulls/Cavs game was horrible. Really garbage basketball on the Bulls end. They didn't have that intensity, that hunger--they actually looked quite scared, like deer caught in headlights.

The Cavs were having their way with the Bulls, and I believe they'll continue to do so unless the Bulls man the SHAQ up. The Bulls should at least fight and give the Cavs a challenge and not bend over and take it up the butt.

I'm probably going to miss like two thirds of the playoff games because I only get ABC with my shitty antenna.. really looking forward to the Lakers/Thunder game tomorrow. Gotta see if my team has what it takes to repeat (sadly, I doubt they can).

[quote name='tgk2044']I'm not one of the crazy Cavs fans... but it seemed like every time Rose got grazed, he was flailing his arms and legs everywhere to try and draw a foul. Not saying all of them weren't fouls, but it got annoying to watch. But I understand the bit about giving LeBron calls, it happens in every game around the league though.[/QUOTE]

I can see that Rose may have done a little selling. Earlier this year, he mentioned that he was sick of not getting calls, and he felt he had to start barking at the refs and selling it to get a call. I wish he didn't feel like he had to do it, but I do understand where the guy is coming from. He spends every game under the rim, he's an NBA all-star, and yet he still never goes to the line for some reason.

[quote name='mis0']The Bulls/Cavs game was horrible. Really garbage basketball on the Bulls end. They didn't have that intensity, that hunger--they actually looked quite scared, like deer caught in headlights.

The Cavs were having their way with the Bulls, and I believe they'll continue to do so unless the Bulls man the SHAQ up. The Bulls should at least fight and give the Cavs a challenge and not bend over and take it up the butt.

I'm probably going to miss like two thirds of the playoff games because I only get ABC with my shitty antenna.. really looking forward to the Lakers/Thunder game tomorrow. Gotta see if my team has what it takes to repeat (sadly, I doubt they can).[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Tale of two halves for the Bulls today. A trademark of the Chicago Bulls for that last 5 or 6 years, as well as when Jordan played there, was no fear. Even against Boston last year, and again this year in all of their must win games. This was the first time i've ever actually see them play like they were intimidated. I don't think it was LeBron, especially since (from what i've heard) he and Rose are very good freinds off the court. I think it was 1 vs 8 playoff jitters + Cleveland's great crowd (something about high pitched screaming, in my opinion, is just a huge momentum thing for the home team) + Shaq walking around with a sense of entitlement...it all added up to the Bulls just not being mentally prepared like the usually are for a playoff game. They certainly got it together in the second half, but you can't go down double figures early and expect to win a playoff game, playing only one good half. Hopefully this was a learning experience for Rose and his guys, and they'll get back in the series in game 2 or (more realistically) game 3.

I would have such a massive orgasmic errection if that useles pussy mother fucking bitch cunt asswipe cunt pussy bitch fucker Kevin Garnett is suspended for any amount of time. I hate him with the white hot passion of a trillion burning suns. I loathe Kevin Garnett so much. I hate him. Shaq, Rondo, LBJ yeah I don't like those guys either. But my pure and epic hatred for Kevin Garnett.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I would have such a massive orgasmic errection if that useles pussy mother fucking bitch cunt asswipe cunt pussy bitch fucker Kevin Garnett is suspended for any amount of time. I hate him with the white hot passion of a trillion burning suns.[/QUOTE]

jeez who do you not hate. Dave Chapelle skit comes to mind. Dude was just clearing space for his teammate

[quote name='Drclaw411']I would have such a massive orgasmic errection if that useles pussy mother fucking bitch cunt asswipe cunt pussy bitch fucker Kevin Garnett is suspended for any amount of time. I hate him with the white hot passion of a trillion burning suns. I loathe Kevin Garnett so much. I hate him. Shaq, Rondo, LBJ yeah I don't like those guys either. But my pure and epic hatred for Kevin Garnett.[/QUOTE]

Geez man, I'm the biggest Bulls fan, but I have no hate for Garnett. I can see hating Rondo, but what's wrong with Garnett?

[quote name='jlarlee']jeez who do you not hate. Dave Chapelle skit comes to mind. Dude was just clearing space for his teammate[/QUOTE]

Easier to list who I do hate (it's basically douchebags with attitudes who think highly of themself and act as if something is owed to them).

-Kevin Garnett
-Rajon Rondo
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Vince Carter
-Brian Scalabrine
-LeBron James
-James Posey
-Anybody with short man syndrome* (Nate Robinson, Early Boykins, etc)
-Bandwagon fans

*I don't really "hate" these guys like I do the rest on this list. I just don't like that they play with this "I can do it, too!" chip on their shoulder because they are in a lifelong battle of getting respect despite their height.

[quote name='docvinh']Geez man, I'm the biggest Bulls fan, but I have no hate for Garnett. I can see hating Rondo, but what's wrong with Garnett?[/QUOTE]

My Garnett hate isn't a Bulls fan thing. I just cannot stand showboaters, guys who rub it in, anything like that. Garnett thinks something is owed to him, he's always been a hothead. Back when he was a Timberwolf, he decked an injured Wally Scerzybayk (sp) while he was getting worked on by the trainer, simply because he didn't like the guy. Kevin Garnett thinks he is above most of the rest of the league, and this simply is not true. I love when he gets put in his place by the refs.

Alright, Claw that is enough dude.

You havent really added anything to the conversation except jamming as many f bombs into your post as possible.

How about some actual basketball discussion and no a pointless list of all the people you hate in the league.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Alright, Claw that is enough dude.

You havent really added anything to the conversation except jamming as many f bombs into your post as possible.

How about some actual basketball discussion and no a pointless list of all the people you hate in the league.[/QUOTE]

touche. dont know why ive been so hot headed today. im done with my ranting though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back