2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tony208']Damn playoffs are so fucking slow. Each round should take 10 days max.[/QUOTE]

No. There should be a day off between each game; the quality of play would suffer otherwise.

Three days off between games is too much, though.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']No. There should be a day off between each game; the quality of play would suffer otherwise.

Three days off between games is too much, though.[/QUOTE]

As a celtics fan I'm not complaining our old geezers need it

[quote name='DT778']I'm hoping for Lakers vs Celtics in the finals.[/QUOTE]

This. It would be a pretty epic finals series. Lakers in 6-7 though. :bouncy:

[quote name='yukine']Dragic heeeeating up![/QUOTE]

This is unbelievable. There's just NOTHING that you can do when somebody gets hot like this, short of fouling him so hard he gets knocked out of the game.

[quote name='yukine']Dragic heeeeating up![/QUOTE]

Two of the best single quarter performances in playoff history tonight. One from a usual suspect the other off the wall but even more spectacular.

On a funnier note, only 2 of espns "experts" choose the Suns in that series and both of those had them winning in 7. Does anyone know what the odds were on a Suns sweep last week? I hope somebody made some money on this.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hooray for another blowout. For a league that advertises drama so much, these playoffs have been pretty light on it, on-court at least.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Lakers and Jazz delivered a good one tonight.

Is this going to go down as the worst 2nd round in the history of the playoffs? 3 Potential sweeps and a 5 game series?

David Stern must be pissed that these series are ending so quickly. Especially when the NBA lost 400 million this year and 200 million every other year since 2005.

[quote name='wildcpac']Is this going to go down as the worst 2nd round in the history of the playoffs? 3 Potential sweeps and a 5 game series?

David Stern must be pissed that these series are ending so quickly. Especially when the NBA lost 400 million this year and 200 million every other year since 2005.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the Conference finals look like they could be slugfests. David Stern could end up with his dream match (CLE vs LA) or his nightmare (ORL vs PHO).

Well when you have a couple stacked teams, you kind of expect this... the Magic bench players could easily be starting for other teams.

Loved last night watching all the Hawk fans booing their own players at halftime, mid third, end of third, and finally gave up and left. :applause:

One last note... Joe Johnson is really hurting his next year contract. Who wants to give a guy max who goes ice cold in the playoffs and misses easy layups (like the one last night).

Even if Joe Johnson set the world on fire in the playoffs, paying him more than $10 million a year would be a colossal mistake. I personally wouldn't want him for anything more than $8 million per.

He just might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

Didn't Joe Johnson also say that he doesn't care what the fans think? I am sure the Knicks would have settled on him as a Plan D. He has totally killed his stock though. None of the crappy rebuilding teams are going to give him any kind of serious dough.

Especially when the Bobcats played 10000 times better against the Magic.

I hate the Celtics but it's awesome to see a little pg outrebound the other teams whole entire front court. Rondo has more rebounds than Shaq, Jamison and Side Show Bob combined.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Even if Joe Johnson set the world on fire in the playoffs, paying him more than $10 million a year would be a colossal mistake. I personally wouldn't want him for anything more than $8 million per.

He just might be the most overrated player in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, he's not a true #1 guy,s o why would anyone pay him to be? He's a good player, but I don't think he has it in him to carry a team.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Rondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I still don't like him all that much (his old "roll the ball up court every possession" thing bothered me), but he's developed into a very good pg.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The thing is, he's not a true #1 guy,s o why would anyone pay him to be? He's a good player, but I don't think he has it in him to carry a team.[/QUOTE]

I would pay Josh Smith and Al Horford #1 money before I would Joe Johnson.

[quote name='wildcpac']So great to see the downfall of the Spurs.[/QUOTE]

Why?

4 Championships in 10 years, Timmy has always been a class act, and Ginobili and Parker are always fun to watch.

The Spurs will be back

Last edited by a moderator:
The Spurs got shitted on by the Suns. A clean sweep.

Anywho, I really hope the Celtics can pull off the upset and knock out the Cavs. As much as I dislike the Celtics, I hate the Cavs even more. :cool:

Enjoy it Suns fans. They just played better in the series. A lot of deserving players on your roster to get to the conf finals, especially Grant Hill.

Should be a great western conf matchup to watch!

Tim Duncan postgame: "If they continue playing like that, shooting the ball like that, they have a chance against anyone."

Bring on the Lakers!

Go Celtics! Series tied 2-2. Rondo with a triple double. 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists.

"Yesterday he looked like Magic Johnson and played like Oscar Robertson. He scored like LeBron James and rebounded like Wilt Chamberlain. He passed like Bob Cousy and ran the team like Gen. Patton."

"By the time he was finished, Rondo had done something accomplished by only Robertson and Chamberlain - scoring at least 29 points, hauling down at least 18 boards and having 13 assists in a playoff game. The last time it was done was 43 years ago, which may help you understand what really went on yesterday."

“The rebounding, the energy he’s playing with. But the stat that doesn’t show was his ball pressure."

“When a guy has a game like that, you have to tip your hat to him,” said Cleveland point guard Mo Williams. “It was major.”

Rondo recently made the NBA's All Defensive Team, 2nd in voting to only Dwight Howard.

[quote name='thamaster24']Why?

4 Championships in 10 years, Timmy has always been a class act, and Ginobili and Parker are always fun to watch.

The Spurs will be back[/QUOTE]

No they wont. Duncan is done being a top 5 player. Lakers are going to be the top team in the west next year. Thunder is going to move up the rankings as well.

[quote name='wildcpac']No they wont. Duncan is done being a top 5 player. Lakers are going to be the top team in the west next year. Thunder is going to move up the rankings as well.[/QUOTE]

We'll see, it's too early to talk about next season, especially with the crazy summer the NBA is about to experience.

Many injuries messed with the Spurs. Some may equate that to old age with Ginobili and Parker, but I just don't think that's why. Yes, Tim Duncan is getting older but you can prepare for that. Pop should do what he did this season and let Timmy sit out some games or at the end of games. As long as he gets some rest for the playoffs he'll be fine.

I didn't really feel like Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess were the best pickups for the Spurs before the season. They do need to make a move, but believe me they are still going to be dangerous in the west for at least 2 years. Goes without saying the entire western conf is nasty as well. Everyone knows the west is tough.

Edit: Also bench points

[quote name='J7.']Go Celtics! Series tied 2-2. Rondo with a triple double. 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely incredible. Once Rondo develops a consistent outside shot and ups his free throw percentage, he's going to be unstoppable. Makes you wonder why guys who are a foot taller or so can't rebound like him.

What the hell is going on?

500x_custom_1273491935132_nash.jpg
gollum.jpg

How many tens of millions did Joe Johnson cost himself? 12 PPG on .286 shooting against the Magic. Donnie Walsh, Just Say NO!

:lol: @ pic.

Nash showed some serious heart still being out there, Spurs still couldn't guard him in that state, he hit a 3 pointer like that for fuck sake.

I still fear the Spurs, I just don't think you should rely on Jefferson to win games for you. Spurs tried too hard to play Suns ball and not Spurs basketball.

[quote name='yukine']West Conference Finals are set... Monday, May 17th. Let's go! Go Suns![/QUOTE]

Indeed. Go Lakers! :cool:

Decent first half for the Celtics so far. James is only scoring from free throws. Could be the last home game in Cleveland for King James.

Celtics with a 67-52 lead in the 3rd quarter as James is 1-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back