2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigtymer']Who are these turd burglars and what did they do with my Cavs?[/QUOTE]

LOL. I hope you are enjoying James lost home game ever. God does his supporting cast suck.

Celtic Fans are going to be out for blood in game 6. I am shocked that Cavs fans were leaving early. 99.9999999 percent it was their last chance to see James wearing that ugly jersey.

It's for the best.

Bron's best teammate in seven years has been Varejo.

Go to Chicago LeBron.

D-Rose/Bron/Noah = Championship.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Cavs are done. The Indians aren't going to win. LOL @ the Browns. It looks like another year without a championship for Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Days like this make me glad I'm not a Browns fan. At least the Packers are competitive. I'm not sure I could handle being a Browns fan.

I'm surprisingly not angry or upset at all about this. Just disappointed. At least when the Indians choked in the ALCS it was a considerably better team, and the Cavs were just plain outmatched by the Magic last year. This year? Two Words. Choke. Job.

Chicago is pretty good possibility. I just do not know if James wants to play in Jordan's shadow for the rest of his career. Especially if they do not win like now in Cleveland. Plus Jordan won 6 times. James is most likely not going to be able to top that. 1 or 2 championships in Chicago would be considered a failure compared to the Jordan era.

James goes to the Knicks or Nets and wins just 1 and he will own NY more so than the Yankees.

LeBron isn't going anywhere. I honestly find it laughable that anyone buys any of that.

Of course days like today remind me that having the number one seed doesn't change that fact that the team is from Cleveland. *sigh*

[quote name='Filbert']LeBron isn't going anywhere. I honestly find it laughable that anyone buys any of that.[/QUOTE]

I definitely buy that he's not going to the Finals.\\:D/

[quote name='Filbert']LeBron isn't going anywhere. I honestly find it laughable that anyone buys any of that.

Of course days like today remind me that having the number one seed doesn't change that fact that the team is from Cleveland. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I can give a couple of reasons why he is leaving.

1. He isn't winning in Cleveland.
2. The supporting cast on the Cavs make the Nets look like the Lakers.
3. If he really wanted to stay, he would have re upped already.

[quote name='wildcpac']I can give a couple of reasons why he is leaving.

3. If he really wanted to stay, he would have re upped already.[/QUOTE]

If he leaves, I'm swearing off basketball. I would lose complete interest in the NBA.

[quote name='Xevious']If he leaves, I'm swearing off basketball.[/QUOTE]

I dont blame you. West, Williams and Sideshow Bob are some of the most overrated players in the league. They only get hype/notice since they have a top 5 player on their team. Shaq is broken down and Jamison has done nothing in his whole career. If James really wanted to stay in his hometown who can offer the biggest deal, he would have re upped already.

He cant win with that cast of misfits and he is never going to. Why would he want to stay with a core of players who are getting their asses handed to them by 3 senior citizens and Rondo? Same core couldn't beat the Magic in 09 or the Celtics in 08 or the Spurs in 07.

Bulls, Knicks, Nets and Heat can all be vastly improved this off season. Magic is going to be more of the same as the past 2 years and there is no reason to think why the Celtics cant be a threat next year. Western Conference has plenty of teams that are serious threats.

EDIT: this response was directly to wildcpac's post.

The Celtics didn't have Garnett in 09 playoffs... the Celtics won it all in 08... nobody likes to give the Celtics any respect it seems. A cast of great players will usually always beat a superstar and good players. Now if we could just get Rasheed to pretend to play like he actually cares. Celtics had injury problems for most of the season and had to change their team dynamics to fit the new role of Rondo and the big three. Doc Rivers did a great job getting them to top form at just the right time. I hope they finish off the Cavs, but it will be very tough to handle Orlando who has had sweeps and rest and time to review the tapes. Rondo is better than you think he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wildcpac']I can give a couple of reasons why he is leaving.

3. If he really wanted to stay, he would have re upped already.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure any team with the cap space to sign him can offer much of a supporting cast.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm not sure any team with the cap space to sign him can offer much of a supporting cast.[/QUOTE]

Nets. Have the cap space to sign 2 max free agents. Nets are also going to have a top 3 pick. Could be John Wall. Nets have a great young center in Brook Lopez who is 22 years old and coming off of 19 ppg and 9 rbg average last year. Nets also have a decent pg in Devin Harris who can put up 17 ppg and 7 apg. Those 2 alone are much more attractive to play with than anybody on the Cavs. Especially Lopez who is 22, 7 foot and can score. Imagine the kind of #'s he could put up with junk points being thrown in when LJ dishes it off after being double teamed.

Knicks. Next season they will have 4 promising players all under the age of 24. Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas and Bill Walker. Earl Barron came in and in a limited amount of games showed that he can put up a double double each night. Knicks have the cap space to sign 2 Max Free Agents and they have the one of the biggest trading chips int he NBA in Fat Albert (Eddy Curry) expiring 2011 contract. That trading chip is around 11.2 million.

Bulls. Have enough cap to sign 1 max free agent and a little left over I believe for another non max free agent. Derrick Rose who put up 20-6 in ppg and apg last season and is only 22. Deng is only 24 and put up 18ppg. Noah is 24 and put up 11 ppg and 11 rpg last year. Team is 1 big star away from going over the top and being a contender every single year. James would win alot more with Rose/Noah as his cast.

James isn't going to win with West or Mo Williams. He isn't going to win with a 50 year old broken down Shaq who can only score cheap garbage points. He isn't going to win with Jamison who is going to be 34 next season.

If I am James, I am out the door and signing with a pretty good young team that can offer me talent all over the court that is under the age of 25. Thats a team he can win with for the next several season and put them over the top. Cavs are a win now team with Shaq about to retire and Jamison about to hit his mid 30's. James can stay in Cleveland and keep the team a contender because he is a top 5 player and can make the scrubs on his team look better. But that is going to fade in the playoffs like usual.

[quote name='wildcpac']Nets. Have the cap space to sign 2 max free agents. Nets are also going to have a top 3 pick. Could be John Wall. Nets have a great young center in Brook Lopez who is 22 years old and coming off of 19 ppg and 9 rbg average last year. Nets also have a decent pg in Devin Harris who can put up 17 ppg and 7 apg. Those 2 alone are much more attractive to play with than anybody on the Cavs. Especially Lopez who is 22, 7 foot and can score. Imagine the kind of #'s he could put up with junk points being thrown in when LJ dishes it off after being double teamed.

Knicks. Next season they will have 4 promising players all under the age of 24. Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas and Bill Walker. Earl Barron came in and in a limited amount of games showed that he can put up a double double each night. Knicks have the cap space to sign 2 Max Free Agents and they have the one of the biggest trading chips int he NBA in Fat Albert (Eddy Curry) expiring 2011 contract. That trading chip is around 11.2 million.

Bulls. Have enough cap to sign 1 max free agent and a little left over I believe for another non max free agent. Derrick Rose who put up 20-6 in ppg and apg last season and is only 22. Deng is only 24 and put up 18ppg. Noah is 24 and put up 11 ppg and 11 rpg last year. Team is 1 big star away from going over the top and being a contender every single year. James would win alot more with Rose/Noah as his cast.

James isn't going to win with West or Mo Williams. He isn't going to win with a 50 year old broken down Shaq who can only score cheap garbage points. He isn't going to win with Jamison who is going to be 34 next season.

If I am James, I am out the door and signing with a pretty good young team that can offer me talent all over the court that is under the age of 25. Thats a team he can win with for the next several season and put them over the top. Cavs are a win now team with Shaq about to retire and Jamison about to hit his mid 30's. James can stay in Cleveland and keep the team a contender because he is a top 5 player and can make the scrubs on his team look better. But that is going to fade in the playoffs like usual.[/QUOTE]

The Nets. Are you serious? Jamison posts similiar numbers (18.7 pts and 8.4 boards) to Lopez (18.8 pts and 8.7 boards). The rest of the nets are the biggest scrubs.

The Knicks. They can only wish. They might have 2 max contracts but you know they will have to give David Lee max in order to stay. If he goes, so does all of the defense the team has. It would be worse for James to move where at least he currently has guys that can get boards and provide decent defense (Hickson, Jamison, Varejo, West) to a place that has only a bunch of guards and shooters and no defense.

The Bulls. Why would I want to go to a place that has players on the team calling me out (i.e. Noah) plus a new coaching change?? Proven fact: the bulls are looking at either Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire with their big contract.

The Cavs. The problem with the current Cavs is that the teams in the East were built better this year. The Celts are all healthy this year vs previous years in playoffs. The Magic added role players that were willing to throw their egos out the door for a chance to win a title. The Cavs currently have a bunch of egos... Shaq, Mo, etc. The positive for the Cavs though is they could shave out Shaq this year (21 mil, which open the room for free agent) and Mo/West both are free agents in 2011.

As for John Wall... whatever team gets the #1 pick, they will draft him. We will find out May 18 on who will get John Wall (when the draft lottery is). Even then, we dont know if his draft rights gets traded to another team who wants that number 1 pick.

[quote name='lordopus99']The Nets. Are you serious? Jamison posts similiar numbers (18.7 pts and 8.4 boards) to Lopez (18.8 pts and 8.7 boards). The rest of the nets are the biggest scrubs.

The Knicks. They can only wish. They might have 2 max contracts but you know they will have to give David Lee max in order to stay. If he goes, so does all of the defense the team has. It would be worse for James to move where at least he currently has guys that can get boards and provide decent defense (Hickson, Jamison, Varejo, West) to a place that has only a bunch of guards and shooters and no defense.

The Bulls. Why would I want to go to a place that has players on the team calling me out (i.e. Noah) plus a new coaching change?? Proven fact: the bulls are looking at either Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire with their big contract.

The Cavs. The problem with the current Cavs is that the teams in the East were built better this year. The Celts are all healthy this year vs previous years in playoffs. The Magic added role players that were willing to throw their egos out the door for a chance to win a title. The Cavs currently have a bunch of egos... Shaq, Mo, etc. The positive for the Cavs though is they could shave out Shaq this year (21 mil, which open the room for free agent) and Mo/West both are free agents in 2011.

As for John Wall... whatever team gets the #1 pick, they will draft him. We will find out May 18 on who will get John Wall (when the draft lottery is). Even then, we dont know if his draft rights gets traded to another team who wants that number 1 pick.[/QUOTE]

1. Lopez is going to be 22 next year and Jamison is going to be 34. BIG DIFFERENCE. Lopez is still improving his game while Jamison is going to go on a downward slope. Lopez is also 7 feet ball. I rather play with the 22 year old 7 footer who is going to improve and be great the next decade instead of the has been 34 year old. Devin Harris is a 17 ppg and 7 apg point guard. Far from being a scrub. Nets are a lock for a top 3 pick and have a 25 Percent? chance at #1. They have the ability to sign two max free agents in the off season.

Knicks. Why would they have to resign David Lee? They could get Chris Bosh who is a better shot blocker, defender and rebounds just as much. Lee is pretty good but he is far from great on defense. Watch a Knicks game. Nobody says Lee even plays good defense. Knicks have a better supporting cast than that of the Cavs. 2 max free agents and a huge trading chip in fatso Curry with his 11 million expiring contract.

Bulls? Who cares if they have a coaching change. Lebron could pick his own coach and that coach would still be better than Mike Brown. Who cares if Noah talked trash. It's apart of the game. Rose, Deng and Noah make the cast of scrubs on the Cavs look like a junior varsity team.

The way the Cavs are playing, they would have got their asses handed to them by the Suns, Lakers and Magic as well. You can make an argument that the Nuggets with a healthy George Karl would beat up on the Cavs as well.

Well he's not going to win in the near future with the Nets or Knicks either. They have some good young talent, but even with Lebron those teams aren't getting by the Magic in the next few years, maybe not the Celtics either.

Add in that the Cavs can pay him more than any other team (Larry Bird exception) and I think he stays in Cleveland. Especially if they can make some moves and land a big free agent. Probably can't get a Bosh or Wade, but maybe a Boozer or Joe Johnson level player.

At the same time, this series isn't over. The Cavs have one blowout win in Boston in the series. If they win game 6, my money is on them in game 7.

I think LeBron is going to the Knicks or Nets next season. There is little incentive to stay in Cleveland other than the bullshit "loyalty" reason. I actually think the Knicks are in the best position with their young players and their ability to sign 2 max contracts. I don't think both LeBron and Wade will work in the same place but I could see LeBron and Bosh coming to the Knicks. They could get rid of Curry for another young, close to top tier player and they will be set up to win next year and for many years after that. Plus, the Knicks haven't won since 1973, it's New York and it's MSG. LeBron would be a god for the next 10 years if he won a few championships in NYC. I'm also biased.

I am a Knicks fan, but I think the Nets and Bulls have a better shot at getting LeBron. Nets have the cap room, Jay Z is part owner, they are moving to NY, have some good young talent, have a top pick, and a owner with a ton of money.

[quote name='ananag112']I am a Knicks fan, but I think the Nets and Bulls have a better shot at getting LeBron. Nets have the cap room, Jay Z is part owner, they are moving to NY, have some good young talent, have a top pick, and a owner with a ton of money.[/QUOTE]

I do not know if Lebron want's to play in Jordans shadow for his whole career. Especially if the Bulls had seasons like the past years Cavs. Guy is going to be considered the ARod pre 2009 of the NBA. Plus he would have to win 6 or more Championships to ever be compared to Jordan.

Nets is a good stop for him but it would be going to the second rate team of NY. It's comparable to going to the Clippers or if it were baseball, going to the Mets instead of the Yankees.

[quote name='wildcpac']I do not know if Lebron want's to play in Jordans shadow for his whole career. Especially if the Bulls had seasons like the past years Cavs. Guy is going to be considered the ARod pre 2009 of the NBA. Plus he would have to win 6 or more Championships to ever be compared to Jordan.

Nets is a good stop for him but it would be going to the second rate team of NY. It's comparable to going to the Clippers or if it were baseball, going to the Mets instead of the Yankees.[/QUOTE]

For most of this past decade though, the Nets have been the better team. The Knicks have only won two championships as well. When Jason Kidd was on the Nets, a lot of Knicks fans became Nets fans. If LeBron goes to the Nets and wins a championship, the Knicks will become the second rate team. The only reason why the Lakers and Yankees are seen as being better is because they win a hell of a lot more.

I honestly don't know if he will leave and this game didn't make it more or less certain either way.
But all this talk about it is WAY out of line. There is still a lot of basketball to be played in this round and we are still in the conference semis.
The Cavs can bounce back, they already did it once this series and Mike Brown needs to control this team's emotions because once they were off the rails they couldn't get anything back. And he and LBJ need to preach defense when things get tough. They are a strong defensive club and need to play from that strength if things slow down.

Here's Cleveland's problem:

Up until the midway point of this season, their calling card was defense. Ben Wallace/Varejao, LeBron, and Delonte West were all varying degrees of above average to insanely good defensively; Z was a competent rim protector, while Mo Williams has always sucked. Now, four of their five starters are, at best, below average defensively (seriously, why is Anthony Parker starting over West); also, they have ZERO offensive rebounding with Shaq and Jamison, something they grabbed in bunches with Wallace/Varejao/Z in the starting lineup.

Still, LeBron has completely mailed in two playoff games in a row. Unacceptable.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Here's Cleveland's problem:

Up until the midway point of this season, their calling card was defense. Ben Wallace/Varejao, LeBron, and Delonte West were all varying degrees of above average to insanely good defensively; Z was a competent rim protector, while Mo Williams has always sucked. Now, four of their five starters are, at best, below average defensively (seriously, why is Anthony Parker starting over West); also, they have ZERO offensive rebounding with Shaq and Jamison, something they grabbed in bunches with Wallace/Varejao/Z in the starting lineup.

Still, LeBron has completely mailed in two playoff games in a row. Unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

I agree in theory but Ben Wallace wasn't on the Cavs this year, neither Z nor Andy started more than maybe 5 games this year and Parker and Delonte share minutes pretty equally.

But other than those gross oversights I agree they are a defensive minded club that can build from that. They are a vastly more athletic club than the Celtics but need to play small to exploit it. Williams, Parker/West, LBJ, Jamison and Andy is a fast lineup that could match up the big three well and while Williams on Rondo is a liability, its better than letting the other three get into the game. Anyway, I think the coaching staff needs to reevaluate their goals from game 5: all defensive focus on Rondo, giving the ball to Shaq when things were falling apart to get that 3rd foul on Perkins - was it that important to have Kendrick fucking Perkins out of the game when we are clogging the lane with Shaq for 30 mins a game? Then find a lineup with some momentum in the first half and play 4 solid quarters.

[quote name='bigtymer']I agree in theory but Ben Wallace wasn't on the Cavs this year, neither Z nor Andy started more than maybe 5 games this year and Parker and Delonte share minutes pretty equally.

But other than those gross oversights I agree they are a defensive minded club that can build from that. They are a vastly more athletic club than the Celtics but need to play small to exploit it. Williams, Parker/West, LBJ, Jamison and Andy is a fast lineup that could match up the big three well and while Williams on Rondo is a liability, its better than letting the other three get into the game. Anyway, I think the coaching staff needs to reevaluate their goals from game 5: all defensive focus on Rondo, giving the ball to Shaq when things were falling apart to get that 3rd foul on Perkins - was it that important to have Kendrick fucking Perkins out of the game when we are clogging the lane with Shaq for 30 mins a game? Then find a lineup with some momentum in the first half and play 4 solid quarters.[/QUOTE]

The Cavs' defense has been their hallmark for years; not exactly an oversight to mention Z, Wallace, and Andy as I wasn't only talking about this season.

I'd say a lineup of West, Parker, Moon, James, and Varejao would work more to the Cavs' advantage; bringing Jamison, Williams, Hickson, and Shaq off the bench would give them a leg up on just about any other team's second unit.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']The Cavs' defense has been their hallmark for years; not exactly an oversight to mention Z, Wallace, and Andy as I wasn't only talking about this season.

I'd say a lineup of West, Parker, Moon, James, and Varejao would work more to the Cavs' advantage; bringing Jamison, Williams, Hickson, and Shaq off the bench would give them a leg up on just about any other team's second unit.[/QUOTE]

Lets look at the overall picture... what has changed between regular season and playoffs... JJ Hickson. He was the starter until playoffs. Now he averages about 5 minutes a game. Personally, he is one of their better defenders (not named James). He is always around the basket for offensive boards and easy screens/dunks. Example... last regular series game against the Celts (Apr 4). He posted 14 points, 11 boards, and 1 block. Sounds like someone that should be benched in the playoffs.

Personally everything went to crap for the Cavs because of playing Shaq. Hickson and Varejo should be the players playing the minutes at C/PF.

Nah, Hickson is actually really bad defensively - his DRtg is lower than Jamison and Shaq's. He's great on the offensive glass, though, and he runs the fast break; he's certainly a viable option, and he should be on the floor more frequently than Shaq.

Cavs getting punched in the face halfway to go in the first quarter.

Celtics with a 33-23 lead. I believe James has 2 fouls so far with 11 minutes to go in the first half.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm all for Cleveland losing, but they've had some questionable calls against them so far.[/QUOTE]
So have the Celtics, NBA officials are the worst in sports.

[quote name='dafoomie']So have the Celtics, NBA officials are the worst in sports.[/QUOTE]

The bad calls started going both ways after I posted that.

I also saw the NBA's version of Bigfoot: a traveling call on James.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I also saw the NBA's version of Bigfoot: a traveling call on James.[/QUOTE]

Those happen? Damn, I was looking the other way when it was called, then...

Cavs get within 4 and LJ turns the ball over off his foot. Celtics go on another run to make it a 9 point lead.

Make it a 14 point lead with 6 minutes to go for the Celtics.

WELCOME TO NY LEBRON JAMES. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT HERE.

Mo Williams is so bad. Almost airballed his last two 15 footers. I've disliked LeBron since he turned into a baby after losing to the Magic last year, but I'm starting to feel bad for him. He has no help whatsoever.

Dear Cleveland fans,
I'm sorry your teams can't seem to break their terrible records. Cavs were the best regular season team and were picked by many analyst to go all the way this year. Now (like the Nike commercial) I am a witness to near blowout in the fourth quarter by the Celts and to a NY Knicks chant. Welcome Lebron to New York!
Sincerely,
Spike Lee

Lebron,

trip-2003-05-31-IL-Border-Welcome-to-Illinois-200.jpg

:pray:

Wow, not fouling and not even trying in that last minute. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'd be fucking furious right now.

That was pathetic. Disgusting, even. All 5 cavs gave up with 1:30 left. Not as in timid, they flat out stopped playing. Their coach was yelling at them to foul, and they just stood there flat footed. WTF.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Dude dropped a Triple-fucking-Double.

Can't blame him at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can. He was one of the retards just standing there in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back