2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeKnick.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']He would've had a quadruple-double if he had one more turnover.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to defend him at all but that elbow was fucked up.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Watching Sportscenter LOL at the Cleveland Fans[/QUOTE]

Why are these Boston fans singing and dancing and making toasts?

Zdeno Chara, kid!

[quote name='dafoomie']He shot 8 for 21 with 9 turnovers.[/QUOTE]

Celtics played great, but when has LeBron ever done that? (Hint: ELBOW)

Watching the game the game plan by Boston was simple.....Double LeBron let the scrubs beat you.

Shaq helped the Cavaliers greatly against the Lakers and Magic. He was largely mediocre to bad against anyone else, changing the way the team plays defense.

Antawn Jamison hasn't shown any spark since arriving.

Good defensive teams let stops fuel fast-breaks and easy points. Tonight the Celtics did that. The Cavaliers went cold whenever Boston did.

Too many turnovers and missed jumpshots.

I still don't understand how the team with the second best 3-point shooting percentage in the regular season was so bad against both Chicago and Boston.

This series made my sister cry and my dad swore off Cleveland sports like he does every year. I'm an even-tempered guy, but I still feel like just going to bed and forgetting about all of this. *sigh*

Let me get this straight. Lebron ripped off his Jersey and high fived Celtics fans on the way to the locker room? He is going to stay in Cleveland.

This is beyond sad.

To be honest, the best shot that Cleveland had in winning a championship was the World Series against Atlanta many years ago. For me that was the most painful experience as a Cleveland Sports fan.

I remember the others real well too.

It was disappointing to see the Cavs quit with around a minute and thirty left in the game. Tough to say if James stays Cleveland (since they have yet to get him the help he needs) since he typically does what most analysts don't see coming. Everyone is saying the Knicks so I wouldn't surprised if goes to the Nets with his buddy Jay-Z and their extremely wealthy Russian owner.

I don't know about Chicago because he will be compared to Jordan more than he already is today (which is rather stupid because he is more like Magic than Jordan).

The one thing that will infuriate me though is if the Lakers somehow got him then I would never watch the NBA again. I think it will probably depend on who gets John Wall and where the other free agents land.

If the Orlando Magic got him LOOK OUT! James, Lewis and Howard on the same team just give them the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

Mike Brown just said the Cavs "fought until the end." I guess that doesn't include the last 1:30 18:00 of the game in his mind.[/QUOTE]

You missed a quarter or so, fixed it for you

[quote name='Xevious']This is beyond sad.

To be honest, the best shot that Cleveland had in winning a championship was the World Series against Atlanta many years ago. For me that was the most painful experience as a Cleveland Sports fan.

I remember the others real well too.[/QUOTE]

Cleveland lost in 6 games that 95 World Series. They had an even better shot in 1997 until Jose Mesa blew the lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 against the Marlins in the World Series. Indians ended up losing in the 11th inning.

[quote name='wildcpac']Cleveland lost in 6 games that 95 World Series. They had an even better shot in 1997 until Jose Mesa blew the lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 against the Marlins in the World Series. Indians ended up losing in the 11th inning.[/QUOTE]

2007 was one game away from steamrolling a Rockies team that had time to cool off and lose all of their momentum. That was the point where I just stopped caring nearly as much about the Indians. Was too young to really take in '97.

This year's Cavs team just might be the 2007 Indians for me.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']2007 was one game away from steamrolling a Rockies team that had time to cool off and lose all of their momentum. [/QUOTE]

Red Sox not Rockies. The Rockies are in the National League not even close.

[quote name='bigtymer']Red Sox not Rockies. The Rockies are in the National League not even close.[/QUOTE]

No, dummy. The Rockies had over a week off before the World Series began because they swept Arizona in the NLCS and the ALCS went the distance between Boston and the Indians.

Yeah I was at that last home game the Indians won to bring them to the brink of the World Series. At that point I thought they'd take the series and I still believe they would have beat the Rockies had they made it past Boston.

People can make all the excuses they want, the Celtics played a great series and were responsible for most of what happened throughout the series. Great coaching by Doc Rivers. Superb defense. Key team play.

I don't think he'd go to Chicago. He isn't a guy that likes to be in someone's shadow. If he went to Chicago, he'd be Jordan's shadow FOREVER, and to a guy with a huge ego like him, it'd be something he could never overcome, and it'd be damaging to him. So he's either going to stay in Cleveland or go to New York. Given his fondness with overrated New York sports teams, I'd say he's going there.

Oh, and Brown is going to be fired. We all know he's a terrible coach. With James gone, they're a 25 win team.

[quote name='Tony208']Plz go to Heat or Magic LBJ![/QUOTE]

Please don't come to the Magic. The reason we have done so well up to this point is the lack of egos. James is/has one of the biggest egos. Anyways, we don't have the cap room for a Lebron James type player.

As for the Heat, my guess is they will be going after the Wade/Bosh combo.

[quote name='wildcpac']Cleveland lost in 6 games that 95 World Series. They had an even better shot in 1997 until Jose Mesa blew the lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 against the Marlins in the World Series. Indians ended up losing in the 11th inning.[/QUOTE]

Your point is a good one however the Atlanta-Indians world series was a much more bitter affair for me personally. That paticular team was supposed to be destined to win it all (just like like this paticular Cavs team) and they were killed by a lone David Justice home run.

And David Justice complained to the media that the Atlanta fans were not as loud as the Cleveland fans too.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong...the 97 world series was just as brutal too.

[quote name='Xevious']Your point is a good one however the Atlanta-Indians world series was a much more bitter affair for me personally. That paticular team was supposed to be destined to win it all (just like like this paticular Cavs team) and they were killed by a lone David Justice home run.

And David Justice complained to the media that the Atlanta fans were not as loud as the Cleveland fans too.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong...the 97 world series was just as brutal too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the 95 Indians won 100 games in 144 game season. That is at least 112 Wins in a full 162. But the Indians were 2 outs away in 97 from winning it all until Jose Mesa wet the bed.

Wow, there is way to much superstar hate going on in here. LBJ is no different than the various other superstars around the league.

One of the few things I hate about sports talk is the off the wall reason people seemingly just make up to hate a player.

If he leaves the Cavs it will be the Cavs own fault for never finding a way to bring a superstar role player to the team. One of the problems when talking about Jordan is people forget about Pippen, Rodman, Kukcoach(sp??) Steve Kerr etc etc. Jordan was a superstar but he had some of the best role players you can get.

What I want to see is Wade and James on the same team....although I think they will clash at first but wade honestly seems like a guy who would share the rock to win more titles.

[quote name='J7.']People can make all the excuses they want, the Celtics played a great series and were responsible for most of what happened throughout the series. Great coaching by Doc Rivers. Superb defense. Key team play.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it but Doc Rivers was GREAT - really for the entire year. It's like the Celtics were resting up for the past 50 games to get ready for the playoffs. That said, I hope they get crushed by the Magic.

Now let's get LeBron to NY.

I made a 20 dollar bet on the Suns beating the lakers. My friend was pushing for a 100, but I was a little afraid of the suns screwing it up. Did I lose 20 bucks?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I made a 20 dollar bet on the Suns beating the lakers. My friend was pushing for a 100, but I was a little afraid of the suns screwing it up. Did I lose 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Probably.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I made a 20 dollar bet on the Suns beating the lakers. My friend was pushing for a 100, but I was a little afraid of the suns screwing it up. Did I lose 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say - the Suns probably don't match up well against the Lakers but I still think this series could go either way. Nash is possessed.

[quote name='javeryh']Hard to say - the Suns probably don't match up well against the Lakers but I still think this series could go either way. Nash is possessed.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that dude deserves a ring. And the Suns deserve to see a championship, at least. Don't ask me why, but I feel the Suns winning this series.

It always sucks when a coaches success is shadowed by outside occurrences. On the surface he is a good coach but his career is linked to LBJ. Kinda reminds me of Avery Johnson who was also a great coach and got fired.

Meh...what can you do though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It always sucks when a coaches success is shadowed by outside occurrences. On the surface he is a good coach but his career is linked to LBJ. Kinda reminds me of Avery Johnson who was also a great coach and got fired.

Meh...what can you do though.[/QUOTE]

It has a lot more to do with expectations than with the link between a superstar player and a coach.

I agree, both guys were good coaches, but if you don't bring results, you get canned. It's how the league rolls. Mike Woodson and Mike Brown didn't meet expectations, so they got fired.

Being a Blazer fan, I fully expect Nate McMillan to not get a new contract after next season if the Blazers fail to get out of the first round again because he works on a year to year basis, not 3-4 year contracts like other coaches do, that's just how he rolls. That again, is less on the coach, I think coaches get way too much blame in pro sports, but still, management wants results.

God enough about the Elbow. I freaking hate Kobe but i respect the hell out of him. His body is probably in a condition similar to most people following a serious traffic accident. Dude is taping fingers together on his shooting hand and still dropping shots. Lebron just doesn't have the heart.

Lakers Suns is going to be interesting. I'd like to see the Suns advance but i don't think they can do it

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']What, Mike Woodson and Mike Brown, good coaches?

Are you guys watching the same games I do? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

Woodson isn't a bad coach. The Hawks just can't beat the Magic.

[quote name='Tony208']yeah...good coaches get good teams to rings[/QUOTE]

"Good" coaches also have teams full of talent. Jackson had Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Horace Grant and a ton of other great role players in Chicago. In LA he had Kobe and Shaq and then Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Artest.

Rivers has Pierce, KG, Rondo and Allen.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Woodson isn't a bad coach. The Hawks just can't beat the Magic.[/QUOTE]

This.

Mike Brown on the other hand isn't a good coach at all. He didn't make any changes during the Celts series (i.e. watching Rondo go off constantly on the weak defense of Mo Williams). Also, he didn't inspire the players to actually win... hence watching them give up in Game 5 and the last couple minutes in Game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back