2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

Wildpac you are delusional.

New York most likely will be getting a Joe Johnson type player this offseason. There is no way in hell Lebron, CP3, etc show up there. The sad thing is they will most likely lose David Lee this offseason i.e. their best player.

The Nets have just as much money to spend this offseason and have a better nucleus in Lopez and Harris. If I was going North, I would rather go there especially since I would also be seen worldwide vs just stateside.

The Heat. These guys I guarantee clean house this offseason. Chris Bosh is at this point a given for Miami. Wade has already made a plea of taking a pay cut if he can get Bosh and Lebron to show up in Miami. The three of them would definitely win a championship.

[quote name='lordopus99']
The Heat. These guys I guarantee clean house this offseason. Chris Bosh is at this point a given for Miami. Wade has already made a plea of taking a pay cut if he can get Bosh and Lebron to show up in Miami. The three of them would definitely win a championship.[/QUOTE]

As a Magic fan, I'd hate to see that happen.

As a sports fan, I'd love it. It would be very refreshing to see three super stars--who are set for life financially anyway--take lower pay to build a team that can dominate rather than just opting for max deals.

Athletes, NBA athletes in particular, are after the glitz and glamor, the celeb status and lifestyle. New York is the place to go. If they're after winning, the Knicks (like any other team) are only 2-3 great players away from being a championship-caliber team.

And I find it hard to believe that top free agents would'nt want to play with Knicks but would want to play with Bulls, Heat, Nets, Clippers, etc.

And good for the heat if they can pull it off. The Heat were embaressing. Wade is doing his part because he has stated many times he will dont whatever it takes to get some FA next to him.

There is also some decent 2 tier guys they can get. Guys like Boozer, Ming, Rudy Gay, Lee.

If a team plays its card right they can build a great team out of this FA but they habe to know what they are doing. Wade can take a puy guy and sign another max level as well as a 2nd tier player and maybe....a mid level guy.

[quote name='madbst']Athletes, NBA athletes in particular, are after the glitz and glamor, the celeb status and lifestyle. New York is the place to go. If they're after winning, the Knicks (like any other team) are only 2-3 great players away from being a championship-caliber team.

And I find it hard to believe that top free agents would'nt want to play with Knicks but would want to play with Bulls, Heat, Nets, Clippers, etc.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Do you even follow sports?

EDIT: Oh...your location is New York.... no wonder what you said made no sense what so ever.

And me being from New York means I'm stupid and don't know anything about sports? Stop hating New York and see that the Knicks have a good chance of landing Lebron.

Yeah, I am trolling because I stated that Lebron another Max Free Agent, Knicks Young players and whoever the Knicks get for Curry could win an NBA Title.

I am a troll because I stated that Pierce, KG and Allen won NOTHING before being put together.

I am a troll because I stated that Lewis and Vince Carter are overpaid losers.

I am a troll because I stated that the Nets turned a crappy franchise into a contender by drafting Jefferson and trading for Kidd.

I am a troll because I stated the Knicks are 3 players away from being a contender. Clearly I am delusional because the Knicks do not have cap space and do not have an expiring contract in Curry.

End sarcasm.

No, making gross generalizations about athelets based on zero facts or prove of any kind while discrediting the very people who actually have the best chance for many reasons that have been stated before just so that you can dream that your city has is better than it really is what proves that you are too wrapped up in fandom to discuss sports.

No one is hating on New York and what is this best chance? Honestly can one of you Knicks fans actually explain why you have the best chance? You have a chance yes...but its far from the best.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No, making gross generalizations about athelets based on zero facts or prove of any kind while discrediting the very people who actually have the best chance for many reasons that have been stated before just so that you can dream that your city has is better than it really is what proves that you are too wrapped up in fandom to discuss sports.

No one is hating on New York and what is this best chance? Honestly can one of you Knicks fans actually explain why you have the best chance? You have a chance yes...but its far from the best.[/QUOTE]

So it's ok for Chris Broussard to do the same thing and you make yourself look right based on the same bs. Ok now.

I never once in any thread have stated the Knicks have the best chance. Not once.

I have stated numerous times that the Knicks, Bulls, Nets and Heat are all in the running and should improve dramatically.

I said good chance, not best chance. You completely disregard the fact that Lebron and others have celeb friends, that they do care about their name brand and sponsorships, and that they would like the luxury that NY offers.

No one is hating on New York and yet if a Clippers or Bulls fan posted on here, you wouldn't be bashing their team as much as you have with Knicks. And what have they won in recent years?

I think in this day and age, the idea of better marketing and sponsorships based on city location is ridiculous. Lebron could form a new team in some dusty ghost town in New Mexico and TNT would have them on every other week. Nike would still pay him in large cartoon bags of money. The internet and cable/satellite tv have made it possible to follow any player you want at any time. Cleveland was absolutely irrelevant until Lebron came; now the Cavs are on national TV all the time. Location doesn't matter for player popularity, marketing, and sponsorships (except for Toronto. You're fucked there). Everybody already knows Lebron. Are they suddenly going to know him double if he goes to New York? It's not an advantage.

The only real advantage you could conceivably give them is the fact that the Knicks are a historic franchise. They haven't won as much, but there's a certain aura to the old teams like the Celtics and the Knicks that could be appealing, but I wouldn't put much weight into it.

[quote name='madbst']I said good chance, not best chance. You completely disregard the fact that Lebron and others have celeb friends, that they do care about their name brand and sponsorships, and that they would like the luxury that NY offers.

No one is hating on New York and yet if a Clippers or Bulls fan posted on here, you wouldn't be bashing their team as much as you have with Knicks. And what have they won in recent years?[/QUOTE]

Celb friends? Luxury that NY offers? Are you serious with this? If this is what you Knicks fans are banking on to sign Lebron you lost a long time ago.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I think in this day and age, the idea of better marketing and sponsorships based on city location is ridiculous. Lebron could form a new team in some dusty ghost town in New Mexico and TNT would have them on every other week. Nike would still pay him in large cartoon bags of money. The internet and cable/satellite tv have made it possible to follow any player you want at any time. Cleveland was absolutely irrelevant until Lebron came; now the Cavs are on national TV all the time. Location doesn't matter for player popularity, marketing, and sponsorships (except for Toronto. You're fucked there). Everybody already knows Lebron. Are they suddenly going to know him double if he goes to New York? It's not an advantage.

The only real advantage you could conceivably give them is the fact that the Knicks are a historic franchise. They haven't won as much, but there's a certain aura to the old teams like the Celtics and the Knicks that could be appealing, but I wouldn't put much weight into it.[/QUOTE]

But but.....Lebrons friends are not allowed in New Mexico so he has to be in New York if he wants to see them. Also New York has a monoply on Luxury the only thing he could buy with his gabillion dollars is a old shack out back.

I think Dwayne Wade will be the biggest X-factor in this offseason. The chic "inside report" from everybody on ESPN was Chicago until Wade began calling their front office loyalty to the players into question. He's recruiting for Miami, and they should be doing all they can to clean house for DWade +1 at least.

New York has been taking all those bad contracts so they would have the expiring contracts and huge money right now. They've been plotting for LeBron the entire time. But I don't know, can they find a home for Curry's contract? Everybody has been saving their pennies for this years free agent market. West leaves, and the core of the team comes into question...they'd have to get minimum two stars. LeBron and Bosh at least. They can offer the glitz and glamor. He'd be the biggest fish in a massive media market. He's already a star, but now he'd have the biggest stage he can get plus the chance to make himself legendary. In Chicago, it's MJ's shadow over him without a doubt.

But in Chicago, he'd have a star PG who can create with his slashing skills. Rose doesn't need the ball that much, his number increased in the playoffs and largely out of necessity. In that great series against Boston the year before, it was Ben Gordon taking the big shots. That could be LeBron, letting Rose work defenses, LeBron gets the shot, and Noah is providing the energy play and rebounding. Too bad Deng doesn't have the same trade value anymore for a sign and trade.

[quote name='wwe101']am i the only one that takes turner over wall at #1?[/QUOTE]

I doubt you're the only one, but it's not going to happen.

It wouldn't be indefensible, but there would be a revolt in DC. People here are frothing at the mouth for Wall, it's almost a little overboard.

also i have a strong feeling that miami is closing in on amare. and that cleveland is closing in on a blockbuster that will bring either cp3 or bosh to team up with lebron in cleveland. im calling it in now.

[quote name='wwe101']also i have a strong feeling that miami is closing in on amare. and that cleveland is closing in on a blockbuster that will bring either cp3 or bosh to team up with lebron in cleveland. im calling it in now.[/QUOTE]

WFan out of NY was reporting rumors that the Nets have the inside track on Amare. Take that for what it's worth.

So you are calling the Hornets or Raptors putting themselves further in cap hell to get rid of Bosh or CP3 to take on a combo of Mo Williams, Delonte West and or Sideshow bob. Or trade CP3/Bosh for Jamison. Right, is Chris Wallace the GM's of the Hornets or Raptors?

Plus I realize that players can be greedy but sign and trades are just stupid to do. It weakens the team you are going to.

[quote name='wildcpac']WFan out of NY was reporting rumors that the Nets have the inside track on Amare. Take that for what it's worth.

So you are calling the Hornets or Raptors putting themselves further in cap hell to get rid of Bosh or CP3 to take on a combo of Mo Williams, Delonte West and or Sideshow bob. Or trade CP3/Bosh for Jamison. Right, is Chris Wallace the GM's of the Hornets or Raptors?

Plus I realize that players can be greedy but sign and trades are just stupid to do. It weakens the team you are going to.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking more along the lines of hickson/jamison+expirings for bosh/plus hedo. raptors do these becuase they get a nice young pf in hickson plus a 20/8 guy in jamison, while getting rid of their worst contract in hedo. also if you throw in a 3rd team, the options are limittless

of course with the bosh scenario, bosh would have to come out and tell toronto he wants a S&T to cleveland before anything else happens. a little unlikely but if amare goes to miami, i think bosh would rather go to cleveland and become apart of a power house instead of going to the nets or knicks, winning 40 games a year on his own becuase he wants to be "the man"

[quote name='wwe101']i was thinking more along the lines of hickson/jamison+expirings for bosh/plus hedo. raptors do these becuase they get a nice young pf in hickson plus a 20/8 guy in jamison, while getting rid of their worst contract in hedo. also if you throw in a 3rd team, the options are limittless[/QUOTE]

Doable but it's a 3 team clusterfuck. Bosh would be better off signing with the Heat with Wade than doing a sign and trade to the Cavs. Sign and trades kill the team you are going to. If you are all about winning, you do not want your new team depleting their roster.

[quote name='wildcpac']Doable but it's a 3 team clusterfuck. Bosh would be better off signing with the Heat with Wade than doing a sign and trade to the Cavs. Sign and trades kill the team you are going to. If you are all about winning, you do not want your new team depleting their roster.[/QUOTE]

yea i get what your saying. if i was bosh i would go to the heat if i could. but i really think the heat will sign amare. then there will be no room for bosh, leaving him with the options of either going to NYK, the bulls, the nets or a S&T to the cavs if he wants. all bias aside, i would pick cleveland out of all those teams but chicago is also a close runner up. also i hope that lee ends up in okc, a perfect fit.

^^^yea but why would they sign 2 stars to max deals that play the same positioin? good luck trying to sell one of them the sixth man role. and then the idea of possibly starting one of them at center would never work, they would get bullied all night on the post by real centers. if they are able to free up enough room to sign another max player, they should go for a pg or a center.:)

[quote name='wwe101']am i the only one that takes turner over wall at #1?[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that earlier. Evan Turner as a player is all around better than John Wall. Yes, you heard it. Turner didn't play with 4 potential first round picks (Cousins, Patterson, Orton, and Bledsoe).

I can't believe in mock drafts they have my team grabbing a SG. We don't need that. Come on Magic grab a PG with your first round pick such as Greivis Vazquez. I guess later tonight I find out if we waste our pick or not.

[quote name='wwe101']also i have a strong feeling that miami is closing in on amare. and that cleveland is closing in on a blockbuster that will bring either cp3 or bosh to team up with lebron in cleveland. im calling it in now. [/QUOTE]

Again, Bosh is a shoe-in in Miami. I don't see him anywhere but there. There have been no talks at all of Amare there. The only other big guy in question there was Boozer.

I don't see Chris Paul moving anywhere this offseason. Lebron is a huge question mark this offseason. I personally have a feeling he will stay put in Cleveland since it's close to home (Akron).

[quote name='madbst']I said good chance, not best chance. You completely disregard the fact that Lebron and others have celeb friends, that they do care about their name brand and sponsorships, and that they would like the luxury that NY offers.

No one is hating on New York and yet if a Clippers or Bulls fan posted on here, you wouldn't be bashing their team as much as you have with Knicks. And what have they won in recent years? [/QUOTE]

Oh and Lebron wouldn't have those same friends if he played somewhere else. :roll: Name brand and sponsorships... Nike, Powerade, and the many other sponsorships Lebron has will be there no matter where he ends up. Please describe the luxury NY offers... crime? cold weather? old stadium?

Personally, the Clipper fans aren't delusional. As for Chicago, they have more of a right to be since they have more from a personnel standpoint to offer. Derrick Rose is a hot and upcoming PG. Joakim Noah is a great defender. The whole cast is fairly young and have been playing well with each other. They are one person away from being a good team. New York on the other hand has a long way to go. They have one good/average player in Gallanari. They will most likely be losing their best player (Lee) this offseason. So they are left with bench players and a lot of positions to fill.

As for the Bulls, they won their last one in 1998 (12 years ago) and have 6 championships. As for the Knicks, they won their last one in 1973 (27 years ago) and only won 2 championships. That's pretty sad when you think they have been in the NBA 20 years prior to Chicago being in the NBA; back when the league only had a few teams.

So the Knicks are pretty sad because they didn't have Michael Jordan? What? Are we really going to start talking about Championships in basketball. You do understand that there is no such thing as parity in the NBA? Lakers and Celtics have 35 out of 64 championships. Throw in the Bulls 6, Spurs 4 and four teams have won 45 out of 64 Titles. Knicks are sad because the Celtics had a dynasty for the longest time? Especially during the 60's/70's when the Knicks were a great franchise.

Rooster is just an average player? I would love to see your player evaluation.

[quote name='dafoomie']I was listening to WEEI at the time, and when the story came up they basically laughed it off. Danny might consider going over there for family reasons but his family lives here now. Plus there are the issues with Phoenix being an extremely cheap organization at all levels, and that Ainge has 2 years left on his deal.[/QUOTE]
That is because Sarver needs to fuck off and sell the team to an owner willing to put the money back into the organization and not his own personal bank account. No GM worth his salt is going to come to Phoenix to later be asked to take a pay cut from Sarver when they do their jobs well; we will probably see someone within the organization promoted to GM and he will be paid peanuts like Alvin Gentry.

Amare is certainly gone, and for nothing.

Oh and Lebron wouldn't have those same friends if he played somewhere else. :roll: Name brand and sponsorships... Nike, Powerade, and the many other sponsorships Lebron has will be there no matter where he ends up. Please describe the luxury NY offers... crime? cold weather? old stadium?

Personally, the Clipper fans aren't delusional. As for Chicago, they have more of a right to be since they have more from a personnel standpoint to offer. Derrick Rose is a hot and upcoming PG. Joakim Noah is a great defender. The whole cast is fairly young and have been playing well with each other. They are one person away from being a good team. New York on the other hand has a long way to go. They have one good/average player in Gallanari. They will most likely be losing their best player (Lee) this offseason. So they are left with bench players and a lot of positions to fill.

As for the Bulls, they won their last one in 1998 (12 years ago) and have 6 championships. As for the Knicks, they won their last one in 1973 (27 years ago) and only won 2 championships. That's pretty sad when you think they have been in the NBA 20 years prior to Chicago being in the NBA; back when the league only had a few teams.

Another New York hater. So, other cities don't have crime? Old stadium? MSG has the aura and history. Only haters call it old.

Because the Knicks haven't won a championship in a long time, that means it's impossible to win one in the near future? Lebron should just go the Heat, they won the most recent championship amongst the teams wanting him. Yeah, he'll base his decision off of who won the most recent championship.

If anything, it would be a challenge for him to try to bring the Knicks back to being a great team, as in the Ewing era.

Oooo, I didn't even see the old stadium part. MSG is the most famous arena in the world and it's undergoing a major renovation.

I love how all of the basketball experts, coaches, writers, players couldn't tell you where anybody is going. But a couple of dorks on here have the inside track on every single player destination.

for everyone that doesnt think bosh is willing to go to cleveland, he was on mike and mike this morning

chris broussard: "if lebron asks you to come to cleveland in a sign&trade would you consider it"?

bosh: "of course i would consider it because with lebron we would become a championship contender right away"

Yeah, he would consider it. That doesn't mean Toronto is going to do it. That doesn't mean him and James wont go somewhere else together.

^^they have to if bosh tells them he is walking for nothing unless they do a S&T to cleveland. i already stated why they would do it too, getting rid of hedo and getting young talent back. and the question specifically asks if he woud go to CLEVELAND. you have to be a knicks fan

Bosh would be a total idiot to do a sign and trade to Cleveland when the Heat are out there with Wade and the room for another top player via contract.

[quote name='wwe101']again wtf is the logic behind signing BOTH bosh and amare? they are basically the same player.[/QUOTE]

Whoever said they were going to sign both? There are a ton of free agents that they can sign. WTF is the logic of Bosh doing a sign and trade to the Cavs when his only decent teammate is going to be James?

[quote name='wildcpac']Whoever said they were going to sign both? There are a ton of free agents that they can sign. WTF is the logic of Bosh doing a sign and trade to the Cavs when his only decent teammate is going to be James?[/QUOTE]

wtf is the logic of bosh signing with the heat when his only decent teammate is going to be wade?;)

[quote name='wwe101']wtf is the logic of bosh signing with the heat when his only decent teammate is going to be wade?;)[/QUOTE]

Because the Heat can sign another player close to a Max deal. Pat Riley will most likely take over as the Head Coach again. Wade, Bosh, whomever is 10000 times better than James, Bosh and Sideshow Bob. Plus Miami is 100000000 times better than Ohio.

Have the Cavs even found a gm or head coach yet? Nope.

ohh yea? too bad they DONT HAVE ROOM FOR 3 MAX CONTRACTS. and will not have any use or cap to sign bosh after they sign amare. bosh already stated that he wants to play with lebron also:)

Sideshow Bob is one of the best defenders in basketball. Plus he's a solid offensive rebounder, and has enough offensive ability to be at least monitored by his opponent. That's pretty valuable.

[quote name='wwe101']ohh yea? too bad they DONT HAVE ROOM FOR 3 MAX CONTRACTS. and will not have any use or cap to sign bosh after they sign amare. bosh already stated that he wants to play with lebron also:)[/QUOTE]

Understand this. Miami will NOT be taking Amare this offseason. He isn't even in talks with them. Miami so far has only gone after two big men (Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer). I still stand firm that Bosh ends up in Miami. Wade has already been vocal that he will take a pay cut if he can get a championship level team built. If that happens, Miami easily has 3 max contracts to give.

Another New York hater. So, other cities don't have crime? Old stadium? MSG has the aura and history. Only haters call it old.

Because the Knicks haven't won a championship in a long time, that means it's impossible to win one in the near future? Lebron should just go the Heat, they won the most recent championship amongst the teams wanting him. Yeah, he'll base his decision off of who won the most recent championship.

If anything, it would be a challenge for him to try to bring the Knicks back to being a great team, as in the Ewing era

I'm a realist, not a NY Hater. To answer your question, yes other cities have crime (granted not as much as NYC). If something has HISTORY, it is OLD. Other cities built newer stadium (Miami, Charlotte, New Jersey, etc)... it's time New York does the same... When I lived in Miami, the Orange Bowl had tradition and history. The difference between Miami and New York is that Miami realized it was a shithole and destroyed it in favor a creating the new highend Dolphin Stadium.

The championship talk was because of the original stadium asking if the Clippers or Bulls won anything. I answered it. End of story. MJ or not... the Knicks had the pieces but couldn't get it done. Hakeem got it done during MJ era. Heck Bill Laimbeer got one during MJ Era. Still no excuses.

As for Lebron and NY, there are two many question marks. There is no way he shows up there. If it was all about friends, Jay Z is part owner of the Nets. Wouldn't he go there first if that was the case? I leave it like this... Lebron, if he stays north, will resign with the Cavs (remember he grew up only a hour away from Cleveland).

My prediction tonight is this... the New York fans will love this... I guarantee we hear some booing during their pick like every year. :lol:

My Mock:

Wiz- John Wall

76ers- Evan Turner

Nets- Derrick Favors

T'Wolves-Wesley Johnson

Kings- Greg Monroe

Warriors- JaMarcus Cousins

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated is tweeting that Rasheed Wallace of the Boston Celtics has retired.

4. Wesley Johnson to the Wolves.
5. Cousins to the Kings.
6. Udoh to the Warriors.

Kevin Pritchard, GM of the Blazers was fired an hour before the draft began.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wizards taking Hinrich would give them a solid back-up point who is a decent defender. He can provide quality minutes and be an insurance policy in the guard rotation with Arenas. He played the floor in a 2 PG set with Rose at times, so it's not unheard of...not sure how well he matches a 2 defensively.

The Bulls get enough cap space to go after 2 major guys. I still have to believe that Wade gets at least Bosh if not LeBron in Miami. This will be interesting.

Bulls are still around 4-5 million short of being able to sign 2 max free agents. Max Contract is 16.8. Bulls need to get to 34 million

WojYahooNBA
After pre-draft deals, here's one team's projection of summer cap space: Knicks, $34.2 million; Bulls, $29.1 mil.; NJ, $27.2; Miami, $26.2.

7. Monroe to the Pistons
8. Aminu to the Clippers
9. Hayward tot he Jazz
10. Paul George to the Pacers
11. Aldrich to the Hornets

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back