2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='wildcpac']In my opinion, if he wanted to stay in Cleveland so badly, he would have reupped his contract a long long long time ago.[/QUOTE]

I share the same point of view, but I can see why he would wait for free agency. I mean, the grass is always greener on the other side, even when its not. There isn't anything wrong with hearing anybody else's offers. He still make care a lot for Cleveland, but it shouldn't stop him from pursuing the best possible options for himself.

I see him sticking around myself, but I can imagine that he'd want to at least entertain some offers.

actually its smart by lebron to not have signed an extension by now. it forces the cavs to keep improving the team, and think of all the attention he is getting by holding out right now. but i do expect him to sign a three year deal soon with cleveland.

[quote name='wildcpac']In my opinion, if he wanted to stay in Cleveland so badly, he would have reupped his contract a long long long time ago.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It's also understandable that a guy with an ego that huge would want to draw so much attention to himself, regardless of his ultimate plans. Sign with the Cavs right away? And take the spotlight off him? And not have attention lavished upon him? He can build up the anticipation and then stay, thus making himself look like the real hero. It's not any more or less unlikely than any other scenario being thrown out.

The fact is, we throw out all this speculation, but we really know jack shit.

Regarding the James and Bosh to Chicago rumor, there is also a strong rumor that Bosh to the Heat is all but done and just has to wait til the 1st to be signed.

Bosh's agent denied the rumor but it seems like James will still go to Chicago. Also could bring Joe Johnson with him because not only do the Bulls need a SG after the trade with Hinrich but Johnson already has expressed the desire to go to the Bulls and even said that he is ready to sign with them.

[quote name='JJSP']Lebron grew up about 30 miles from Cleveland and has taken the entire city upon his back. His friends, family, and local fucking gas station all depend on Cleveland's economy, and Cleveland's economy depends upon Lebron James. You can argue money or cap room or whether or not the Hamburglar is going to be playing point for the Knicks, but Lebron likely doesn't care about money. He cares about letting the entire northeast Ohio community that has dubbed him King James down. Don't think for a second that there's not a decent chance he stays on Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

But at this point in his career he has to think about himself. He wants a championship and he got none in Cleveland. Right now the Cavs dont have a head coach and not enough $$ to bring in help for Lebron from one of the top free agents. If he goes to Chicago or even Miami, he'll be playing with Wade or Rose/Noah as suppose to the same or close to same team in Cleveland.

James should just go to the Thunder. Throw a curveball to the whole where is he going? James and Durant would win a Championship every year for the next 10 years.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']A starting 5 of Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, LeBron, and Jeff Green would be the most athletic anything ever witnessed.[/QUOTE]

Great young head Coach, majority of the team is under the age of 26 and the 5 best are under the age of 23. Put a 26 year old James on that team and just forget about it. Team would be the favorites every year for the next 10 years plus.

[quote name='wildcpac']Great young head Coach, majority of the team is under the age of 26 and the 5 best are under the age of 23. Put a 26 year old James on that team and just forget about it. Team would be the favorites every year for the next 10 years plus.[/QUOTE]

That would be insane. The NBA would implode from its awesomeness. I love me some OKC Thunder. Such a kick ass name. ;)

[quote name='advanced']That would be insane. The NBA would implode from its awesomeness. I love me some OKC Thunder. Such a kick ass name. ;)[/QUOTE]

Except they still wouldn't have anyone to stop the Dwight/Dirk/Timmys of the NBA. Tallest guy on the list is 6'9 and he isn't that great of a defender (Jeff Green). Do we need to remember the last series... Gasol average 29pts/13boards and Bynum (on an injured knee) average 13pts/10boards. Until the Thunder fix that issue (Krstic and Ibaka are not going to get it done), they will continue to get knocked out early in the playoff, even with Lebron.

Celtics are eyeing Brad Miller during free agency.

Knicks also interested in Amare (go figure :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord, you do understand that a very green as grass but great Thunder team played the championship Lakers just as well as anybody? Are you trying to say that James added onto that team wouldn't have beat the Lakers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You do know that the Thunder lost game 6 by 1 point and game 2 by 3 points? Yeah the Thunder do not have size. I'll just throw another 2 more stats out at you. Thunder and Lakers were even for rebounds for the series. They both averaged 43.3 for the series. They also were even with blocks at 6.17 for the series.

SAS is SCREAMING that Lebron and Bosh are going to the Heat to play with Wade.

You can never say that a team is guaranteed to win a championship no matter what players were on the team. Let's look back at Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq on the Lakers. No Championship. You can't buy a championship or else the Mavs would already have one with all the money Mark Cuban throws around. Team Chemistry wins Championships. Simple Fact.

[quote name='wildcpac']Lord, you do understand that a very green as grass but great Thunder team played the championship Lakers just as well as anybody? Are you trying to say that James added onto that team wouldn't have beat the Lakers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You do know that the Thunder lost game 6 by 1 point and game 2 by 3 points? Yeah the Thunder do not have size. I'll just throw another 2 more stats out at you. Thunder and Lakers were even for rebounds for the series. They both averaged 43.3 for the series. They also were even with blocks at 6.17 for the series.
[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter. This is why. All you do by adding Lebron is taking away shots from Durant and Westbrook. Defensively Lebron is better than Durant but not enough to make a huge difference in the outcome. Add into the fact that the refs played a part in most games in the playoffs. The few games of that series I watched, I saw Durant run over defenders (charging) only to have it called as a defensive foul. Just saying. This is of course all theoretically since the Thunder have absolutely no chance at Lebron.

The Thunder, if they want to get better, need to get a good big man on their squad, which they failed to do in the draft. We will see if they make a move for one this offseason.

You are so right! It wouldn't have mattered. The Thunder played great basketball against the Lakers, lost in 6 games and 2 out of the 4 loses came down to 3 points or less. James and Durant would have been nightmares for the Lakers. You couldn't double team either one of them. Do you seriously understand how basketball works? Are you going to sit here and saw that having two of the top 3 players on the same team wouldn't have mattered? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lebron would definitely help the Thunder for sure. but lordopus is right that they do need a big man.

Big Z is a free agent, maybe they could sign him along with Lebron. :D

That said, I think Lebron either stays in Cleveland, or goes to Chicago. I just don't see him ending up anywhere else, other than heat as outside chance.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Lebron would definitely help the Thunder for sure. but lordopus is right that they do need a big man.

Big Z is a free agent, maybe they could sign him along with Lebron. :D

That said, I think Lebron either stays in Cleveland, or goes to Chicago. I just don't see him ending up anywhere else, other than heat as outside chance.[/QUOTE]

Thunder didn't lose to the Lakers because the lack of a big man. Rebounds and blocks were even for the series. Thunder Lost because they do not have the experience of the Lakers. Every guy on the Thunder is under the age of 23.

Bulls had Jordan and Pippen. Horace Grant for the first three and Rodman for the last three. Their centers include Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwight, Luc Longley and Will Perdue.

Thunder have Serge and Kristic. Serge as a rookie 6'10 put up 6 points 5 rebounds in 18 minutes a game. Thats a double double if he gets 30 plus a night. He is only 20 years old.

Thunder have Kristic who is 27 , 7 feet tall and has a pretty good career so far.

Green, Durant and Collison are all 6'9 and decent rebounders.

Durant and Kobe would be the second coming of Jordan/Pippen. Neither of them are as a great as Jordan but they are both better than Pippen.

I'm not talking just the one series against the Lakers.. Just if they want to win a title they need a big man on the roster. Doesn't have to be a star, just someone who can man up other teams bigs and get boards etc. Basically, yeah a Longley or Cartwright.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm not talking just the one series against the Lakers.. Just if they want to win a title they need a big man on the roster. Doesn't have to be a star, just someone who can man up other teams bigs and get boards etc. Basically, yeah a Longley or Cartwright.[/QUOTE]

Kristic is decent and Serge shows a ton of promise.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Maybe, always better if they can get a proven commodity of course.[/QUOTE]

If you are the Thunder, who would you rather have (James, Boozer or Amare)? All 3 want to play for the Thunder but you can only sign 1.

[quote name='wildcpac']If you are the Thunder, who would you rather have (James, Boozer or Amare)? All 3 want to play for the Thunder but you can only sign 1.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have Boozer if I was the Thunder in that situation. They would have the best upside.

James and Durant would have been nightmares for the Lakers. You couldn't double team either one of them.

Actually you could single guard them. The Lakers have Kobe (one of the best defenders in the league) and Artest (another of the best defenders in the league). Who would still guard Gasol? The undersized Green or the 7'1 waste of space Krstic?

Thunder have Kristic who is 27 , 7 feet tall and has a pretty good career so far.

You are joking, right? 8.4pts, 5reb. 0.6blk as a center.
Comparisons with similar minute guys...
Greg Oden 11.1pts, 8.5reb, 2.3blk
Anthony Randolph 11.6pts, 6.5reb, 1.6blk
Spencer Hawes 10pts, 6.1reb, 1.2blk
Emeka Okafor 10.4pts, 9.1reb, 1.6blk
Andray Blatche 14.1pts, 6.3reb, 0.9blk
Tyrus Thomas 10.1pts, 6.1reb, 1.5blk
Roy Hibbert 11.7pts, 5.7reb, 1.6blk
Samuel Dalemburt 8.1pts, 9.6reb, 1.8blk

I'd probably go Boozer as well. There's always the chance that James and Durant don't play well together (like how Jamison didn't work out as well as hoped).

So I'd take the Thunder's young talent which looks great already and add a big to it and see what happens. Especially if they could get Boozer and a lower level big like Ilgauskus etc. and have size at both PF and Center.

[quote name='lordopus99']I would rather have Boozer if I was the Thunder in that situation. They would have the best upside.

Actually you could single guard them. The Lakers have Kobe (one of the best defenders in the league) and Artest (another of the best defenders in the league). Who would still guard Gasol? The undersized Green or the 7'1 waste of space Krstic?

You are joking, right? 8.4pts, 5reb. 0.6blk as a center.
Comparisons with similar minute guys...
Greg Oden 11.1pts, 8.5reb, 2.3blk
Anthony Randolph 11.6pts, 6.5reb, 1.6blk
Spencer Hawes 10pts, 6.1reb, 1.2blk
Emeka Okafor 10.4pts, 9.1reb, 1.6blk
Andray Blatche 14.1pts, 6.3reb, 0.9blk
Tyrus Thomas 10.1pts, 6.1reb, 1.5blk
Roy Hibbert 11.7pts, 5.7reb, 1.6blk
Samuel Dalemburt 8.1pts, 9.6reb, 1.8blk
[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny analysis coming from the same person who thinks that the Max money that James, Wade and Bosh can get is 14 million. Same person who thinks that they all have 6 years of service time even though they came up in 2003.

I stated that Krstic was pretty good. I never said he was great.

Gasol Averaged 18 points a game against the Thunder in the Playoffs and 12 rebounds a game. His regular season numbers were 18 points a game and 11 rebounds a game. He didn't really elevate his game against the Thunder. God damn those midgets on the Thunder for not stopping him! Serge Ibaka as a rookie averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds a night, all 6'10 of him. Last 2 games of the playoffs against the Lakers he put up 12 and 9 and 10 and 8.

Thanks for mentioning all of the centers around the league. Just off the top of my head, OK4 and Dalembert have two of the worst contracts in the NBA. Cap crippling to be exact. Rest are pretty good and young. Krstic only makes 5 million and is the 7th option on the Thunder. Of course his totals are going to be low for rebounds and points. He plays with better talent.

Thunder didn't lose because of size against the Lakers. Thunder lost because of experience. OKC is a bunch of young guys under the age of 23 playing against a playoff tested and heavy favorite repeating Champion. Lakers had the scare of their lifes against the Thunder and were a hair away from being knocked off in the first round.

Nets trade Yi to the the Wizards and get more cap room. They are around 29 million now and can afford two 14 million max deals. I bet the Wizards trade for Michael Beasley and help out the Heat get even more cap room. Seems like Ernie Grunfield is still butt hurt over leaving the Knicks over a decade ago.

They were fine without him. These recent deals with Yi and Hinrich make me wonder if they want John Wall to find a way off the team before the season starts. WTF is Ernie doing. If they find a way to get rid of Arenas, then maybe.

[quote name='thamaster24']They were fine without him. These recent deals with Yi and Hinrich make me wonder if they want John Wall to find a way off the team before the season starts. WTF is Ernie doing. If they find a way to get rid of Arenas, then maybe.[/QUOTE]

Ernie is just trying to fuck with the Knicks. Poor guy still hasn't gotten over 1998/1999. So now he is just taking on crap from all of the Knicks competitors to get them under the cap.

Paul Pierce opted out of his contract and is looking to sign a 3-4 extension with the Celtics. That is going to be big money if it does happen. 80-90 million for 4 years.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Pierce won't be worth half that over the course of four years. Boston should let him walk if he wants max money.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Bad timing for him to do this since they still have to re-sign Ray Allen. :applause:

Rumor going around the league is that Pierce would be worth 4 years 40-50 million on the open market. Which is why Paul opted out of a 22 million dollar deal for next season.

I hope Bron and Bosh join Wade in MIA just to piss off everyone who base their careers off random hot top statements.

Tired of hearing how Brons owes the Cavs...he has only given them the closest chance they have ever had to getting a ring all the while doing it with some of the worst team mates around. Pfft is the only reason why anyone gives a shit about Akron Ohio.

Lastest reports still have MIA has the front runner to win the top FAs but now Dallas wants in the on action as Dirk opts out....I am sure thats just so they can work on a new deal because it doesnt seem like Dirk would leave Dallas but I dont think anyone wants to go to Dallas.

It seems the biggest reason for Bron not going to MIA is a bullshit "his ego wont let him," theroy.

Melo is on the trading block if he doesnt sign a 3 year deal worth 65 mill.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I hope Bron and Bosh join Wade in MIA just to piss off everyone who base their careers off random hot top statements.

Tired of hearing how Brons owes the Cavs...he has only given them the closest chance they have ever had to getting a ring all the while doing it with some of the worst team mates around. Pfft is the only reason why anyone gives a shit about Akron Ohio.

Lastest reports still have MIA has the front runner to win the top FAs but now Dallas wants in the on action as Dirk opts out....I am sure thats just so they can work on a new deal because it doesnt seem like Dirk would leave Dallas but I dont think anyone wants to go to Dallas.

It seems the biggest reason for Bron not going to MIA is a bullshit "his ego wont let him," theroy.

Melo is on the trading block if he doesnt sign a 3 year deal worth 65 mill.[/QUOTE]

As much as I harp on Kobe for being overrated, Melo is six times more overrated than Kobe.

Denver should deal him now if they don't want to re-sign him. He'll never have better trade value.

Less than 1 hour away from July 1st, 2010. The date that numerous teams had marked on their calender for years. The date when the majority of the class of 2003 including Bosh, Wade and King James would become free agents. The date that could change the course of the Heat, Nets, Knicks and Bulls and swing the power back to the Eastern Conference.

Players, Agents and Owners/GM's have already began to tamper with eachother for weeks now if not months. Now it is all official. We will find out the results during leaks of news over the next week until the teams are allowed to by the NBA to state who they signed on July 8th.

[quote name='wwe101']only a matter of time before lebron does the inevitable, and resigns with cleveland. ill give him 2 weeks tops:cool:[/QUOTE]

So Lebron is definitely leaving since you put resign. If you put re-sign it would be a different story.

[quote name='wwe101']you know what i mean. and i gurantee he comes back to cleveland.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you didn't guarantee a return to Cleveland, because I'm hoping he comes to Chicago!

I hope Miami does the D-Wade, Bron-Bron, and Bosh thing with no supporting cast. Because the Celtics taking them down in their final shot at the prize would be unbelievable.

Its easy to say that you're going to get veterans to come in at minimum salary to get a ring, but it doesn't happen that often in the NBA. Is Super Nintendo Chalmers really the right guy to play at the 1 with those guys?

[quote name='DomLando']Hawks are going to offer Joe Johnson a max contract....not sure he is a max contract guy.[/QUOTE]

I read and understand the logic behind the move. Hawks keep him, maintain that 50 wins a year or so, win a playoff series and get knocked out in the second round. It's good for business but not good for winning. Hawks pretty much do not have a chance at really improving their team into the next tier this summer anyways.

Plus the major force behind the move? Is that ownership feels that they will not be around in a couple of years so they could care less if Joe is making 25 million a year in 2014.

Here is one reason why I do not see Lebron staying in Cleveland. He just cost himself about 2 million for next year by letting his option expire just so he can "flirt" with other teams. That doesn't make sense and to let 2 million go down the toilet so he can talk to other teams for an hour or two. That is a pretty expensive 24 hours.

dafoomie.

When do you think the C's will blow up that roster...or...how many more titles chances does this group have in your opinion?

What people fail to realize is the real question for Bron is, "Why should I leave the Cavs." Lets not forget that the Cavs had the best record in the East. Bron also requested a no nonsense coach that can bring the best out of everyone on the team and stop allowing him to run everything, one that has played and coached themselves to a ring. (This is one of the many reasons why Bron is much smarter than what people give him credit for) They just signed Scott.

In all honesty I truly think this FA sweepstakes is going to be a bust for everyone. Although its fun to dream up all types of new teams like trading basketball cards Bron will most likely stay with the Cavs, Wade with the Heat, Joe Johnson with the Hawks(who I still cant understand why he is even in the sweepstakes...talk about right place right time) Dirk with Dallas.

The only one I see actually moving is Chris Bosh and MAYBE...just MAYBE Amare. But they have been trying to get rid of him for the past couple of years he has already had reason enough to demand a trade and he hasnt. He is most likely not going anywhere.

I hope for the sake of how boring the NBA is that Bron goes with Bosh to MIA because it would just be awsome.

[quote name='wwe101']you know what i mean. and i gurantee he comes back to cleveland.[/QUOTE]

You should know the English police would come. They hit me up about the same thing.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its easy to say that you're going to get veterans to come in at minimum salary to get a ring, but it doesn't happen that often in the NBA. Is Super Nintendo Chalmers really the right guy to play at the 1 with those guys? [/QUOTE]

The rumor is that Beasley, Chalmers, and Anthony would be dealt in a sign and trade for Bosh.

[quote name='dafoomie']Because the Celtics taking them down in their final shot at the prize would be unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

That's IF the Celts re-sign Ray Ray and Pierce. You have the possibility of losing both which would kill the team. Even with both, the East most likely would be a force next year, which means the Celtics might not have the same luck.

[quote name='DomLando']Hawks are going to offer Joe Johnson a max contract....not sure he is a max contract guy.[/QUOTE]

I think they fear he will leave since there have been rumors that the Knicks were looking to offer him max. The Bulls were also looking to offer him a good salary. Granted, he has already stated that he would like to stay with the Hawks so I don't know if it really is necessary for them to offer him max to stay.

[quote name='soodmeg']What people fail to realize is the real question for Bron is, "Why should I leave the Cavs." Lets not forget that the Cavs had the best record in the East. Bron also requested a no nonsense coach that can bring the best out of everyone on the team and stop allowing him to run everything, one that has played and coached themselves to a ring. (This is one of the many reasons why Bron is much smarter than what people give him credit for) They just signed Scott.

In all honesty I truly think this FA sweepstakes is going to be a bust for everyone. Although its fun to dream up all types of new teams like trading basketball cards Bron will most likely stay with the Cavs, Wade with the Heat, Joe Johnson with the Hawks(who I still cant understand why he is even in the sweepstakes...talk about right place right time) Dirk with Dallas.

The only one I see actually moving is Chris Bosh and MAYBE...just MAYBE Amare. But they have been trying to get rid of him for the past couple of years he has already had reason enough to demand a trade and he hasnt. He is most likely not going anywhere.

I hope for the sake of how boring the NBA is that Bron goes with Bosh to MIA because it would just be awsome.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I see Lebron staying is if he wants to still be close to his family and friends. Besides that, there is no reason to stay. Most players/analyst around the NBA think the Miami deal is pretty much done, when Wade held the "summit" on South Beach with Lebron and Bosh.

First Free Agent to sign is Drew Gooden. He just moved to the Bucks.

bread's done
Back