2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']They are the team that Miami should be afraid of. They have a great coach and a great cast![/QUOTE]
They're the only team that stands in their way.

There are only 4 real contenders in the NBA. LA, Miami, Orlando, and Boston. Miami's at their most vulnerable point this season and Boston will decline rapidly after this season (and hopefully not sooner). Orlando should be around for a while but I don't put them on quite the same level as the others.

[quote name='wwe101']im still in shock. i mean its gonna be sweet watching a super team in miami but where the hell the my cavs go from here, the basically just went from being title contenders to a lottery team:cold:

sure we have about 13 million in cap now, but who the hell do we sign?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they can get Mello if he doesn't resign with Denver? If not him then a lucky draft pick? People are burning his jersey in Cleveland, the eleven O' clock news should be interesting.

[quote name='wwe101']im still in shock....where the hell the my cavs go from here, the basically just went from being title contenders to a lottery team:cold:
[/QUOTE]

Enjoying it. A lot.

And evildeadjedi, I hope they can improve. But only for you. :)

[quote name='wwe101']im still in shock. i mean its gonna be sweet watching a super team in miami but where the hell the my cavs go from here, the basically just went from being title contenders to a lottery team:cold:

sure we have about 13 million in cap now, but who the hell do we sign?[/QUOTE]

nobody. All of the top tier free agents have been signed. And Bosh and lebitch just proved that nobody wants to play in Cleveland.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Maybe they can get Mello if he doesn't resign with Denver?[/QUOTE]
I think if Melo is going, it will be to the Knicks.

[quote name='advanced']Enjoying it. A lot.

And evildeadjedi, I hope they can improve. But only for you. :)[/QUOTE]

hey i hope your enjoying it alot becuase this means the celtics arent going anywhere near the finals with that team in the east you little bitch

[quote name='yukine']I think if Melo is going, it will be to the Knicks.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that has a much better chance of happening along with Tony Parker.

[quote name='dafoomie']They're the only team that stands in their way.

There are only 4 real contenders in the NBA. LA, Miami, Orlando, and Boston. Miami's at their most vulnerable point this season and Boston will decline rapidly after this season. Orlando should be around for a while but I don't put them on the same level as the others.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's not gonna be easy for any of those teams. I love My Lakers but it's gonna be a battle for us.

[quote name='yukine']I think if Melo is going, it will be to the Knicks.[/QUOTE]

Very true, in fact that was kinda why I was thinking James was leaning towards the Knicks, but that was not the case.

[quote name='wwe101']hey i hope your enjoying it alot becuase this means the celtics arent going anywhere near the finals with that team in the east you little bitch[/QUOTE]

A lot closer than your Cavs will get is all I need. Have fun in the lottery. :)

Loving the hate speech too. Keep it coming.

You guys are leaving off the Thunder.

I take solace and find happiness that Lepussy will never ever ever for the rest of his life be compared to Jordan, Bird, Kobe, Magic. Lepussy just pissed on his legacy and has become the most hated person in his hometown. What a fucking fool.

[quote name='dafoomie']They're the only team that stands in their way.

There are only 4 real contenders in the NBA. LA, Miami, Orlando, and Boston. Miami's at their most vulnerable point this season and Boston will decline rapidly after this season (and hopefully not sooner). Orlando should be around for a while but I don't put them on quite the same level as the others.[/QUOTE]
I would add the Bulls to that list.

[quote name='yukine']I would add the Bulls to that list.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to add the Thunder too. They had the Lakers on the ropes for a bit in the first round, something completely surprising for such a young team that will only get better with more experience.

i think this sig is what i will be rocking for a couple of years :cold:, and actually i would rather be in the cavs position then the celtics position right now advanced. why? becuase your team will be mediocre for the next 4 years making either the 4-5 seed in the east and getting ousted in the first round while the cavs will suck for the next 4 years and pile up high draft picks and rebuild OKC style.

[quote name='advanced']I'd like to add the Thunder too. They had the Lakers on the ropes for a bit in the first round, something completely surprising for such a young team that will only get better with more experience.[/QUOTE]

The Thunder truly do have no where to go but up!

LA, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, OKC and Boston it seems. I agree with that, the pickup of Booser definitely helps Chicago.

Yeah, the NBA is not coming to the end as people want you to think. There are still many good teams out there and it will still be good games.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']The Thunder truly do have no where to go but up![/QUOTE]

I thank them for waking my team up this year!

lee to the thunder would make them contenders

westbrook
harden
durant
green
lee

i think that team could beat the heat

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']I thank them for waking my team up this year![/QUOTE]

Seriously, the Lake show were looking like they were sleepwalking at the beginning of the series.

[quote name='wwe101']i think this sig is what i will be rocking for a couple of years :cold:, and actually i would rather be in the cavs position then the celtics position right now advanced. why? becuase your team will be mediocre for the next 4 years making either the 4-5 seed in the east and getting ousted in the first round while the cavs will suck for the next 4 years and pile up high draft picks and rebuild OKC style.[/QUOTE]

When all the money comes off the books in 2 years (Pierce will be around, but KG and Allen's money is leaving), rebuilding around Rondo is going to be easier than you think. They'll maintain their contention in the playoffs, and rebuild when its all said and done.

And OKC style is a hard thing to pull off. Trusting draft picks like they've done isn't going to be easy and for a team to get SO close without even a win in the Finals to be proud of? Yeah, I bet the Cavs are gonna be happy to do that.

Oh, wait. I forgot, enjoy the signature, I know I will.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Seriously, the Lake show were looking like they were sleepwalking at the beginning of the series.[/QUOTE]

We phoned in a couple games. I had to turn my tv off to keep from putting my fist through it

[quote name='wildcpac']You guys are leaving off the Thunder. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='yukine']I would add the Bulls to that list.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put either team in that category, at least not yet. They've got to prove it. I think they're a season or two away still. Lots of respect for Hijack City but I don't think they're good enough to get through the Lakers, and I don't think the Bulls are better than any of the contenders in the East.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']We phoned in a couple games. I had to turn my tv off to keep from putting my fist through it[/QUOTE]

Yes, you did and I don't doubt that for second man, sports can get very emotional! :lol:

man i can imagine the joy heat fans are feeling right now. yesterday they resigned top 2 SG in the league, and signed a top 2 PF in the league and tonight the find out the also signed the best player in the nba. what i would give to be a heat fan right now........

on a side note, i cant wait to rape people with that team in 2k11

[quote name='wwe101']on a side note, i cant wait to rape people with that team in 2k11[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you haven't lost sight of anything. Thats whats important. Supporting a team that you don't call "my" like you do the Cavs. Yup.

And actually, 2K11 is going to be sick. So sick.

[quote name='advanced']When all the money comes off the books in 2 years (Pierce will be around, but KG and Allen's money is leaving), rebuilding around Rondo is going to be easier than you think. They'll maintain their contention in the playoffs, and rebuild when its all said and done.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I keep saying but people like Felger on the radio don't get it. They're committed to the current group for a maximum of 2 seasons, and if they want to blow it up next season, those expiring contracts are assets that they can trade away.

Pierce will be the bridge between the current group and the future with Rondo at the center, it doesn't hurt them at all to have him for 4 years. He's the youngest of the three.

[quote name='advanced']Glad to see you haven't lost sight of anything. Thats whats important. Supporting a team that you don't call "my" like you do the Cavs. Yup.

And actually, 2K11 is going to be sick. So sick.[/QUOTE]

i never said i stopped supporting the cavs. sorry, i didnt realize using anyone other than the cavs in a basketball videogame meant i was betraying my team:roll:

The West just got weaker, over all.

Technically, the Rockets improved, just from having Yao Ming return from injury. Houston Chronicle is reporting a multi team trade in the works that would bring Tyson Chandler to Houston for Jared Jeffries (to back up Yao), with other pieces moving from Toronto and Miami.

[quote name='wwe101']i never said i stopped supporting the cavs. sorry, i didnt realize using anyone other than the cavs in a basketball videogame meant i was betraying my team:roll:[/QUOTE]

No, but apparently winning means more to you than loyalty. I'd rather lose with my team than win with another. And trust me, I've lost A TON of 2K basketball games.

[quote name='wwe101']pdcavsinsider
Multiple police cars are protecting the witness billboard in downtown CLE. 10 minutes ago via web

thats how we feel right about now :lol:[/QUOTE]

You feel like protecting it, or destroying it? If its the latter, go do it.

[quote name='dafoomie']Thats what I keep saying but people like Felger on the radio don't get it. They're committed to the current group for a maximum of 2 seasons, and if they want to blow it up next season, those expiring contracts are assets that they can trade away.

Pierce will be the bridge between the current group and the future with Rondo at the center, it doesn't hurt them at all to have him for 4 years. He's the youngest of the three.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='wwe101']i never said i stopped supporting the cavs. sorry, i didnt realize using anyone other than the cavs in a basketball videogame meant i was betraying my team:roll:[/QUOTE]

No it doesnt but seeing has most of us here are gamers.....that does make you a complete and utter bitch.

You are the reason why online sports games are a pointless. Cant wait to play 700 Heats in a row......:roll: Let me guess you also picked the Pats when playing football games..Yankees on the show?

Lame.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No it doesnt but seeing has most of us here are gamers.....that does make you a complete and utter bitch.

You are the reason why online sports games are a pointless. Cant wait to play 700 Heats in a row......:roll: Let me guess you also picked the Pats when playing football games..Yankees on the show?

Lame.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Heat now need shooters and a good defensive-minded center. And who knows if they can afford that under the cap or who these people will be. Without shooters, if I was playing this team I would run a zone that was 5 feet back from the three and dare them to take long-range shots.

[quote name='wildcpac']You guys are leaving off the Thunder.

I take solace and find happiness that Lepussy will never ever ever for the rest of his life be compared to Jordan, Bird, Kobe, Magic. Lepussy just pissed on his legacy and has become the most hated person in his hometown. What a fucking fool.[/QUOTE]

wait so none of those greatest players you just named...all won chips by themselves? You got to be fucking kidding me. I shouldn't even have to list the names you left off that those players played with. Oh and wait how the hell does Kareem get left off that list. He is by far the best laker next to Jerry West. dont give me that legacy BS, because all teams have multiple HoF or multiple great players.

[quote name='integralsmatic']wait so none of those greatest players you just named...all won chips by themselves? You got to be fucking kidding me. I shouldn't even have to list the names you left off that those players played with. Oh and wait how the hell does Kareem get left off that list. He is by far the best laker next to Jerry West. dont give me that legacy BS, because all teams have multiple HoF or multiple great players.[/QUOTE]

What he means is that they didn't leave to a super team to win it. They won it by sticking around and putting in the effort, not joining Batman and Green Lantern (I'd use Superman, but Shaq isn't in Miami, nor is Howard) as Zatanna.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']The funniest thing of this free agency is that it looks like Joe Johnson will get the most money.[/QUOTE]

Funniest thing is DARKO FREAKIN MILLICIC GETTING YET ANOTHER CONTRACT...

[quote name='advanced']What he means is that they didn't leave to a super team to win it. They won it by sticking around and putting in the effort, not joining Batman and Green Lantern (I'd use Superman, but Shaq isn't in Miami, nor is Howard) as Zatanna.[/QUOTE]

What effort? your telling me 7 hard years is not effort? please dont give me that. The Cavs finished with the best record in the East and stayed contenders nearly every year he was there. The Cavs failed to put a a good coach and good players around him. Dont tell me Antawn Jamison was the answer because he wasn't. Technically he is going to build and put the effort in because the heat have no one else after Chalmers and Beasley is all but gone. I think he wants a dynasty and not just 1 championship...plus people fail to forget he has a 3rd year opt out agreement. So if he doenst like it..he can move on to another team.

Also He left 30 mill and 1 year on the table and put his numbers at risk. Why does a player who exemplifies non-selfishness starts getting all the hate. I thought fans hated max contract players...just think about it...Joe Johnson is making more money than LeBron James ,Dwade,and Chris Bosch. You cant tell me thats not making the effort to build a championship team.

This is not a super team. They still have tons of holes and have to figure out the dynamic of the team. They have 3 uber talented athletes but does not make them a super team. I think people fail to forget that the Lakers are still the best in the league and Kobe Bryant is stil the best pure bball player in the league(IMHO)..and they have the best coach in league....so as far as i know..the heat are still a WIP.

fuck you LeBron.

A few favorite quotes of the night

"His next tattoo - The Queen or D Wade's Bitch?" - Cleveland.com poster
"Now LeBron I don't want to end on this note, but my producers are forcing me to ask this. What do you think about the fans in Cleveland burning your jersey?" - Micheal Wilbon. Best part about that dumb ass hour special :lol:

damn cavs owner Dan Gilbert is bitter as hell

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"
Dan Gilbert

[quote name='integralsmatic']What effort? your telling me 7 hard years is not effort? please dont give me that. The Cavs finished with the best record in the East and stayed contenders nearly every year he was there. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, and when push came to shove, he ran. Thats what I meant. Like, he didn't stick around with Cleveland after having two great years. They needed one piece and had he committed to Cleveland a long time ago, Bosh probably would have joined him. I couldn't really care less about the guy. I'm just saying I can see what Wildc is saying as those players stuck through less than stellar periods and tried to make the teams a winner, not bounce after a horrible playoff exit.

I was in a bar during the special and I was actually looking forward to coming home to see what bitter title wildcpac would choose for the thread. He did not disappoint.

yea booo the thread title.. is that really necessary?

Even though I am a heat fan.. i can admire them taking a cut to try to reach their goals.. let see what happs

LOS ANGELES LAKERS

VS

MIAMI HEAT

2011 FINALS CONFIRMED!!!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Nah, seriously. I cannot wait for the season to start, its gona be really really interesting.

The Lakers now have one goal, one simple goal, and probably bigger than anything else: SECURE FINALS HOMECOURT ONCE AGAIN.

[quote name='Viol8tor']LOS ANGELES LAKERS

VS

MIAMI HEAT

2011 FINALS CONFIRMED!!!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Nah, seriously. I cannot wait for the season to start, its gona be really really interesting.

The Lakers now have one goal, one simple goal, and probably bigger than anything else: SECURE FINALS HOMECOURT ONCE AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

everytime they play.. its a good game.. that would be an amazing finals

bread's done
Back