2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Thanks to the Seattle defense I survived and advanced past the wild card round.
Here's my lineup for round #2 of the playoffs:
QB: FREEMAN, Romo
RB: FOSTER, BJGE, Sproles, Wilson, Tate
WR: D.THOMAS, WELKER, D.Alexander, Shorts, Fitz
FLEX: D.ALEXANDER
TE: WITTEN
K: BRYANT
D: SEA, Detroit, (could also play Cincy if I wanted)

[quote name='kube00']Yea Brown isn't doing much and I don't think I want to start Wilson over Forte...[/QUOTE]

Brown needs to get me about 12 for me to feel ok with starting him.

I told a buddy to keep me updated while I was at work, he is dead to me now

[quote name='GamerDude316']Time to decide between BJGE, Sproles, and David Wilson for this week at RB....I'm leaning BJGE and Sproles[/QUOTE]

Those are the exact same running backs I have to decide between, and I'm going BJGE and Sproles. If this were the regular season and BJGE was continuing to underperform I might have taken a chance on Wilson, but it's the playoffs, BJGE is on a streak of good games, and Sproles is coming off of a monster game into a good matchup (for receivers, which is what Sproles basically is). While Wilson's matchup is amazing and he has the talent to put up a huge game, he could also fumble on his second carry of the night and Coughlin could bench him like he did in the first game of the season. I'd only risk starting Wilson if my other options were sketchy at best (like Bryce Brown, who still has a half to redeem himself).

I do play in a .5 PPR though, so I value Sproles a bit higher than I would in a standard league. I think I'd still start Sproles in a standard league, but I'd at least be considering Wilson.

[quote name='G33']Those are the exact same running backs I have to decide between, and I'm going BJGE and Sproles. If this were the regular season and BJGE was continuing to underperform I might have taken a chance on Wilson, but it's the playoffs, BJGE is on a streak of good games, and Sproles is coming off of a monster game into a good matchup (for receivers, which is what Sproles basically is). While Wilson's matchup is amazing and he has the talent to put up a huge game, he could also fumble on his second carry of the night and Coughlin could bench him like he did in the first game of the season. I'd only risk starting Wilson if my other options were sketchy at best (like Bryce Brown, who still has a half to redeem himself).

I do play in a .5 PPR though, so I value Sproles a bit higher than I would in a standard league. I think I'd still start Sproles in a standard league, but I'd at least be considering Wilson.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went with BJGE and Sproles. I think Wilson is a case of the hype machine and I like both BJGE and Sproles matchups this week.

Chances Peterson makes up for Browns awful game? In my league, scoring about 120 is a pretty definite win.

Currently at 4 after tonight (holding back sadness)

I'll take 16 out of the Law Firm. That's a pretty solid week for him. Wish I would have started Cincy D. I had the choice between them, Seattle, and DET. I went with SEA.

[quote name='Chitown021']I'll take 16 out of the Law Firm. That's a pretty solid week for him. Wish I would have started Cincy D. I had the choice between them, Seattle, and DET. I went with SEA.[/QUOTE]

Are you locked in with Seattle? Cause Detroit has the better match up.

[quote name='DestroVega']Are you locked in with Seattle? Cause Detroit has the better match up.[/QUOTE]

Nope, players don't lock until the start of their games so I can change it all the way up to Sunday. You're probably right I should play them but for some reason I just don't trust Detroit. I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling that they're gonna screw me over. Seattle is on the road and their D doesn't play nearly as well as they do at home.

Andre Brown? He has a broken fibula and is on IR... Bryce Brown already played. Ronnie Brown sucks and probably won't play this week anyway. Antonio Brown is a WR - is that who you mean? Am I forgetting someone?

[quote name='merchie89']Bradshaw is out, I really hate ESPN for how little they cover stuff sometimes[/QUOTE]

Yahoo has the same problem. Many times in the past, I've monitored probable and questionable players who Yahoo says are hurt, but good to go. Five minutes after kickoff, Yahoo updates to say they're inactive or out. Now if I'm questioning a player's status, I check Rotoworld directly. It isn't perfect, but it posts news updates much quicker than Yahoo does.

[quote name='Javery']Andre Brown? He has a broken fibula and is on IR... Bryce Brown already played. Ronnie Brown sucks and probably won't play this week anyway. Antonio Brown is a WR - is that who you mean? Am I forgetting someone?[/QUOTE]

:) Bryce Brown

Roddy White being questionable and a GTD scares me. If he starts, I start him, but I have to hope that he's healthy enough or makes the most of his limited opportunities to carry my team. Two weeks ago, I made a real dumb move and dropped Josh Gordon (after his four game streak of mediocrity, which he followed up with a two game hot streak and immediately got picked up off waivers after the first game), so if White is out, I have to pick between Roberts (with Plindsey), Bess (most likely out), or Avery (not a top option). I'm not pleased that any of those guys are even in consideration.

Anyone think Gronkowski will be back for week 16? Someone in my league just dropped him, and he would be a nice pickup option if he plays. I'd be dropping Brandon Myers, who is my TE3.

Start 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB

WR- Roddy White
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Danario Alexander
WR- Mike Williams

RB- Doug Martin
RB- Matt Forte
RB- David Wilson

[quote name='G33']Roddy White being questionable and a GTD scares me. If he starts, I start him, but I have to hope that he's healthy enough or makes the most of his limited opportunities to carry my team. Two weeks ago, I made a real dumb move and dropped Josh Gordon (after his four game streak of mediocrity, which he followed up with a two game hot streak and immediately got picked up off waivers after the first game), so if White is out, I have to pick between Roberts (with Plindsey), Bess (most likely out), or Avery (not a top option). I'm not pleased that any of those guys are even in consideration.

Anyone think Gronkowski will be back for week 16? Someone in my league just dropped him, and he would be a nice pickup option if he plays. I'd be dropping Brandon Myers, who is my TE3.[/QUOTE]

Ummm who are your TE 1 & 2?

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB

WR- Roddy White
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Danario Alexander
WR- Mike Williams

RB- Doug Martin
RB- Matt Forte
RB- David Wilson[/QUOTE]

Thomas Alexander Martin Wilson Williams

Pick two:

CJ Spiller (no Fred Jackson but playing against SEA run Def)
Ryan Mathews (been a bust all year long... but playing against Carolina)
David Wilson (had 29 points last week against the Saints and no Bradshaw)

Would any of you guys start Wilson over Mathews now that Bradshaw has been ruled out?

[quote name='DestroVega']Ummm who are your TE 1 & 2?[/QUOTE]

I have Hernandez and Rudolph (Myers might be better than Rudolph, but I'd just rather keep Rudolph because I have draft day attachment to him).

If you're wondering why I'm rostering 3 TEs, there was one week where Minnesota played on Thursday and Hernandez was ruled out on Friday, so I had to find another TE to start and someone just happened to have dropped Myers that week. I still have all three TEs because two playoff teams are starting Jermichael Finley and Marcedes Lewis (and the best waiver TE is Dallas Clark) and I feel that either Rudolph and Myers would be a strong upgrade for either team.

The news earlier today after my post ruled Gronkowski out for week 15 and has him targeting a week 17 return, so I canceled my waiver. Even if he does make an early return, I'd still start Hernandez over him, and should I make it to the fantasy championship, my two possible opponents have Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='G33']I have Hernandez and Rudolph (Myers might be better than Rudolph, but I'd just rather keep Rudolph because I have draft day attachment to him).

If you're wondering why I'm rostering 3 TEs, there was one week where Minnesota played on Thursday and Hernandez was ruled out on Friday, so I had to find another TE to start and someone just happened to have dropped Myers that week. I still have all three TEs because two playoff teams are starting Jermichael Finley and Marcedes Lewis (and the best waiver TE is Dallas Clark) and I feel that either Rudolph and Myers would be a strong upgrade for either team.

The news earlier today after my post ruled Gronkowski out for week 15 and has him targeting a week 17 return, so I canceled my waiver. Even if he does make an early return, I'd still start Hernandez over him, and should I make it to the fantasy championship, my two possible opponents have Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels.[/QUOTE]

No I was just curious who you had who is better. Right now, Myers is better than Rudolph but I drafted Rudolph ok almost every team I have so I understand. The problem is he has been either really great for you, or scores zero points.

In your situation I would stand pat with what I have A) not knowing if Gronk will even come back and B) what he will give you that one first game he does, and your title game. Not worth the risk. One of those three will be a better start than Gronk

[quote name='kube00']So do I risk benching Forte hoping that Wilson will go nuts against ATL?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i'd def. start Wilson over Forte. Forte usually has his worst games when he plays GB and ATL D is very overrated...

Here's my matchup for the week...pretty concerned about Doug Martin vs. the Saints and Detroit (or anyone else's) Defense against Arizona as Seattle put up in the 40's against them last week.

QB - Peyton Manning vs. BAL
WR -Demaryius Thomas vs. BAL
WR - Torrey Smith vs. DEN
WR - Santana Moss vs. CLE
RB - Jamaal Charles vs. OAK
RB - BJGE vs. PHI - 16.5 points
TE - Heath Miller vs. DAL
RB/WR/TE - Shonn Greene vs. TEN
K - Phil Dawson vs. WAS
DEF - Miami vs. JAX

Didn't want to start Moss but Jordy Nelson is still out.

My opponent

QB - Andrew Luck vs. HOU
WR - Dez Bryant vs. PIT
WR - Marques Colston vs. TB
WR - Justin Blackmon vs. MIA
RB - Ryan Mathews vs. CAR
RB - Doug Martin vs. NO
TE - Greg Olsen vs. SD
RB/WR/TE Bryce Brown vs. CIN - 5 points
K - Garret Hartley vs. TB
DEF - Detroit vs. ARI

No idea how its going to shake out...Bryant's finger might even end up having to be the difference maker.

[quote name='diddy310']Here's my matchup for the week...pretty concerned about Doug Martin vs. the Saints and Detroit (or anyone else's) Defense against Arizona as Seattle put up in the 40's against them last week.

QB - Peyton Manning vs. BAL
WR -Demaryius Thomas vs. BAL
WR - Torrey Smith vs. DEN
WR - Santana Moss vs. CLE
RB - Jamaal Charles vs. OAK
RB - BJGE vs. PHI - 16.5 points
TE - Heath Miller vs. DAL
RB/WR/TE - Shonn Greene vs. TEN
K - Phil Dawson vs. WAS
DEF - Miami vs. JAX

Didn't want to start Moss but Jordy Nelson is still out.

My opponent

QB - Andrew Luck vs. HOU
WR - Dez Bryant vs. PIT
WR - Marques Colston vs. TB
WR - Justin Blackmon vs. MIA
RB - Ryan Mathews vs. CAR
RB - Doug Martin vs. NO
TE - Greg Olsen vs. SD
RB/WR/TE Bryce Brown vs. CIN - 5 points
K - Garret Hartley vs. TB
DEF - Detroit vs. ARI

No idea how its going to shake out...Bryant's finger might even end up having to be the difference maker.[/QUOTE]

Looks bleak for you bud.

Obviously it's a situation I'll have to keep an eye on, but since Dez Bryant is intending to play (last I heard anyways), should I put him in as my WR3 or play it safe and keep Ty Hilton (Hou) in there?

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']OK, which defense and QB should i play tomorrow!?

- QB: Matt Schaub, Eli Manning, or Russel Wilson
- Def: STL Rams D, 49ers D, or pick up Chargers D?[/QUOTE]

Eli and the Rams. I like Eli much better than Schaub or Wilson, and I pick the Rams through process of elimination. I would not start any defense against NE, and I'd be hesitant to start any defense against a hot Cam Newton, so Rams it is. Keep expectations low because Peterson should shred them, but maybe they can take advantage of Ponder's poor play.

[quote name='JStryke']Obviously it's a situation I'll have to keep an eye on, but since Dez Bryant is intending to play (last I heard anyways), should I put him in as my WR3 or play it safe and keep Ty Hilton (Hou) in there?[/QUOTE]

I'd honestly just start Hilton. Dez is the better fantasy receiver by a large margin, but Hilton has been doing pretty well (albeit inconsistent) and Romo could easily just favor Witten and Austin with Dez being limited.

[quote name='antlp89']Josh Freeman (vs NO) or Matt Ryan (vs NYG)?[/QUOTE]

If you subscribe to the idea of start your studs, go with Ryan, but I don't think you can go wrong with either. I think Freeman will have the better day, but Ryan is the safer play.

Still back and forth on my defense. I guess I have until 3:00 to decide as both are afternoon games. Detroit has the better match up but I think Seattle is the better defense overall. Seattle is on the road and they don't typically play as well as they do at home. I just have this gut feeling that Detroit will screw me somehow if I start them.

My match up this week for the right to go to the Superbowl:

My team:
Freeman
A. Foster
BJGE-16
D.Thomas
Welker
D. Alexander
Witten
Bryant
SEA (or DET)

HIM:
E. Manning
R. Rice
C.J. Spiller
M. Turner
A. Johnson
E. Decker
Pettigrew (he's showing out so I assume he'll change to Pitta)
Dawson
Ravens

Another last minute question. Up until last night was pretty set on Alfred Morris, but with RGIII out, do you think Morris could actually run more or the Brown's defense will try to gang up on Morris?

bread's done
Back