2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='Chitown021']Still back and forth on my defense. I guess I have until 3:00 to decide as both are afternoon games. Detroit has the better match up but I think Seattle is the better defense overall. Seattle is on the road and they don't typically play as well as they do at home. I just have this gut feeling that Detroit will screw me somehow if I start them.[/QUOTE]

I'd put Detroit at 3-18 points this week, most likely around 8-9. Barring an implosion, I can't see Seattle scoring less than 8 with potential for much more, so I'd go with the better defense over the better matchup.

[quote name='SpitFire158']R. Bush (vs Jac) or Moreno (@ Bal) Standard Yahoo league

I'm thinking of going with Bush as he's playing a worse defense.[/QUOTE]

I like Moreno as the running back on a better team with a better QB. I haven't really been paying attention to Bush, but from what I remember, he's cooled off quite a bit since the start of the season and a lot of people are disappointed with his starts, so unless he's turned it around in the past two weeks, I wouldn't start him over Moreno.

[quote name='JStryke']Another last minute question. Up until last night was pretty set on Alfred Morris, but with RGIII out, do you think Morris could actually run more or the Brown's defense will try to gang up on Morris?[/QUOTE]

I'd still start Morris. I feel that Cousins should do enough to keep the pass defense honest that I'm still starting Pierre Garcon, although I have tempered expectations from him.

Morris and all three two one of my three receivers (Wayne, Hilton Julio Jones) shitting the bed this week. Only saving grace so far has been Richardson, Brees, and Denver. At least Ryan and White haven't helped my opponent, and with them in the lead, hoping Atlanta just runs the ball from here on out.

Edit: And how about that. Hilton just had a nice TD.

Edit 2: And now Jones with a TD. Sure my opponent has Ryan, but it didn't go to White or Gonzalez. The fantasy gods have heard my plea.

Edit 3: Time to complain about Lawrence Tynes. Points are bound to start incoming now, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I start Greg Olsen or Tony Scheffler?

Pettigrew is likely out. My QB is Stafford and opponent has Cam Newton. Right now I have Olsen starting. But Lafell is active today.

Down 17 at the moment and we both pretty much have everyone playing right now. Of course Roddy White and Cruz are doing nothing and Cruz just got hammered but worst of all I have Cobb and Jones on the bench and they have over 30 points already between them. Looks like my season is going down.

Up by 74 and he has Gore, Jason Hanson, and Denario Alexander left and I only have Aaron Hernandez. Feeling pretty good about it. Wayne sucked, but he had White, Bryce Brown, and the St Louis Defense.

Looks like I'm getting at worse $100 with the chance to make it $150. I just need our pharmacist to win his matchup against our AP guy (although it doesn't look good). Really don't want to face Brandon Marshall and AP twice in three weeks.

All I need is Mikel Leshoure to have 113 yds and 3 TDs or 173 yds and 2 TDs. UGH!

If Matt Ryan could have just got White into the mix instead of Jones, we would have been very close there was a 20 point difference right there for me.

A 1.96 from Freeman against the Saints? REALLY? This is what is going to ruin my season??? I'm still in it but if he had put up even 10 points I'd feel much better.

I have Brady, Ridley, Wallace and CJ2K left and my opponent has Romo, Gore, Hernandez and Bailey left. I'm up by 20 points right now. I really want this one.

I'm dumbfounded as to how Tampa Bay got shut out by New Orleans. I can see losing 21-41 or something like that, but for both Freeman and Martin to get shut out against a defense that just got destroyed by Eli and Wilson last week was unexpected.

Although, the Giants also got nothing this week, so I guess it's just the rule of any given Sunday wrecking havoc, like always.

Doug Martin and Connor Barth killed me. My 11-3 team had won 10 straight. I need Crabtree to score 25. Oh well. 2 other leagues still in play.

Someone just punch me in the face for starting Dwyer over DeAngelo Williams again please? fuck Shittsburgh and the entire team.

[quote name='Javery']A 1.96 from Freeman against the Saints? REALLY? This is what is going to ruin my season??? I'm still in it but if he had put up even 10 points I'd feel much better.

I have Brady, Ridley, Wallace and CJ2K left and my opponent has Romo, Gore, Hernandez and Bailey left. I'm up by 20 points right now. I really want this one.[/QUOTE]

...aaaaaand I'm losing by 10 points now. Romo is going off and even Bailey is above projections already. Of course Mike Wallace isn't doing shit. I'm never drafting a WR above the 10th round again. Even Julio Jones has been wildly inconsistent this season.

Can't believe S. Janikowski is putting 19 points for my opponent. I've scored 121 with R. Wilson and M. Lynch left playing and they already sat M. Lynch. Right now my opponent has 99 points with C. Spiller and the 49er D left. What sucks is I'm a Niners fan, so I'm rooting hard for the Niners to shut down the Pats.

This is making me crazy:
Me (121.30) Opponent (100.34)
R. Wilson - 39.40 A. Rogers - 24.94
D. Martin - 3.50 A. Bradshaw - IA
M. Lynch - 18.70 C. Spiller - 16.10
J. Jones - 21.20 R. White - 1.60
J. Jordon - 2.70 M. Colston - 6.00
D. Clark - 4.20 M. Bennett - 1.50
D. Wilson - 6.60 A. Peterson - 31.20
P. Dawson - 3.0 S. Janikowski - 19.00
Bengals D - 22.00 49ers D - haven't played yet

I need Gore to get me 13 points tonight to make it into the championship. A donut from Danario Alexander and 3.5 from Doug Martin was offset some by today's last-minute pick-up Dennis Pitta getting me 24.5 points.

In another league, I'm playing the top seed and he left in RGIII and he's up 48.7-46 with only the Titans D left to play. I still have Brady and Woodhead going, so hopefully I can pull that out.

Well despite a whopping 1 point from Freeman and Denario Alexander combined I have a chance. I'm down 5 so I need 6 points from Welker. Please Welker give me just one TD or at least 60 yards!:pray:

Looks like my game is riding on Frank Gore. Need him to score less than 600 yards. :razz:

In all seriousness, I'm in. Spiller and Dez on my bench, making me question my lineup for next week already. Tempted to bench Trent Richardson and plug in Spiller / Morris depending on matchups.

All that said, I'm walking away with $100 at worse. Feels good. :cool:

Unofficially, I knew my season was done when Harvin and MJD went down. Officailly, I am now done in second round of our playoffs. Shucks...
Tynes - only had 1 kicking attempt. :roll:
Alexander - had 3 targets against one of the leagues worst defense and was shutout :roll:

[quote name='Doomtime']Need Brady to wake up. 1 point through two quarters.... :fridge:[/QUOTE]
As a die hard fan of a rival team in the AFC East, I'm really enjoying watching the Patriots getting spanked!

Un fucking believable. I have a huge lead and my opponent had Lloyd and Hernandez. And that's gone. There is nothing, NOTHING I loathe more on this planet than the New England Patriots. Nothing even comes close.

Looks like that field goal decided who I get to play in the Championship game. Unfortunately it's the highest scorer in our league (aka the owner of Adrian Peterson). At least worst case scenario, I win $100.

You've got to be fucking kidding me! I lose by one measly point! I needed Welker to get 6 points and he comes up with 56 yards. I actually tied my opponent 77-77 but will lose on the first tie breaker (bench points).

Wow....thanks to Ridley's effort last night I beat the #1 seed in our CAG league in the semifinals by 4 points. Bittersweet, as the fantasy win comes at the expense of Ridley's awful turnovers last night...brutal to watch as a Pats fan. Glad they came back and made a game of it at least.

I need 9.5 points out of CJ2K tonight as predicted. I can't believe it all comes down to this - I'm not feeling good about it...

Hrm...never noticed before but Yahoo only counts points directly scored against the defense in the point totals, so the Cardinals scored 38 but the Lions defense only had 21-27PA b/c two of the Cardinals TD's were on interceptions.

Javery - I need 11.8 points out of Shonn Greene..think you at least have a better shot than I do :D

Aaron Hernandez pulls my foot out of the grave with a 16 point performance. Now it's up to David Harris of the Jets to at least keep me 4 points ahead of Jason McCourty to bring me to the championship game.

I'm in the championship round. Now I need a QB help.

R. Wilson or B. Rothlisberger or J. Flacco?

I'm leaning towards B. Rothlisberger because R. Wilson has the Niners and J. Flacco is in the dumpster.

Also, Cardinals D or Panthers D or Bucs D?

I lost by five points in the semis.
Wayne, Alexander and Dawson really hurt me.
If I would have started Matt Bryant I would have won.

Oh well, it was a good run.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I lost by five points in the semis.
Wayne, Alexander and Dawson really hurt me.
If I would have started Matt Bryant I would have won.

Oh well, it was a good run.[/QUOTE]

My receivers and Josh Freeman killed me. I got 7 points COMBINED from Freeman, Alexander, D.Thomas, and Welker.

Had I started Shorts or Romo I would have won no problem.

Yeah I lost by 12 in one of my semis 99-87 and Eli, Cruz, Doug Martin, and Connor Barth gave me 7.5 points COMBINED. My other 5 players did fine.

Lost by 3....the Jets RB's were doing fairly well so Sanchez thought he should throw another pick just to keep the team on track.

[quote name='HydroX']Aaron Hernandez pulls my foot out of the grave with a 16 point performance. Now it's up to David Harris of the Jets to at least keep me 4 points ahead of Jason McCourty to bring me to the championship game.[/QUOTE]

Due to Mark Sanchez sucking tons of ass, Jason McCourty caught two balls and pushed my opponent past me for a 3 point victory. (pending any adjustments)

Wow - I got my 9.4 points on one run! On to the finals for the second year in a row (trying to repeat) and my 4th finals in a row overall if you count baseball (same guys in both leagues). Quite a nice run!

After last week, Bryant has me believing he can be effective, even with his finger. Granted, one wrong hit, and his season can end in a heartbeat.

That said, trying to figure out WR this week. Who should I bench between these three? Reggie Wayne, Ty Hilton, or Dez Bryant. Bryant has been solid the past couple weeks and since his finger appears to be a non-issue, I'm planning on keeping him in. For me, it's more between Wayne / Hilton. Crazy, but Hilton's been better 3 of the last 5 weeks (and one of the other two they scored 23/22 respectively).

[quote name='JStryke']After last week, Bryant has me believing he can be effective, even with his finger. Granted, one wrong hit, and his season can end in a heartbeat.

That said, trying to figure out WR this week. Who should I bench between these three? Reggie Wayne, Ty Hilton, or Dez Bryant. Bryant has been solid the past couple weeks and since his finger appears to be a non-issue, I'm planning on keeping him in. For me, it's more between Wayne / Hilton. Crazy, but Hilton's been better 3 of the last 5 weeks (and one of the other two they scored 23/22 respectively).[/QUOTE]

Dez is an easy pick, then it's a tough one between Wayne and Hilton. Wayne is the more proven commodity, but Hilton has been hotter over the last few weeks. Wayne should be covered by Brandon Flowers, who, if I remember correctly, is a pretty good shutdown corner. Arenas is decent, but not Brandon Flowers. In a vacuum, I'd be 55/45 Wayne to Hilton, simply because I'd feel more confident starting the guy who got me to the playoffs than the guy who's hot now. Last week, the targets were there for Wayne, even if the receptions and yardage weren't.

If you need safe points, I'd favor Wayne, but if you need big points, I'd go with Hilton.

bread's done
Back