2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

If Julio Jones sits, should I start Mebdenhall which is a maybe or Santana Moss which is a maybe or just pickup someone off the waivers and hope for the best? Thx.

[quote name='kube00']Should I use Cincinnati D or Baltimore Defense? Cin is playing KC and Bal is playing the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with Cincy myself.

[quote name='kube00']Should I use Cincinnati D or Baltimore Defense? Cin is playing KC and Bal is playing the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

I'd go Cincy, Ravens D has been a mess without Lewis.

[quote name='sying']Another defense question. Bears defense vs 49ers or 49ers defense vs da Bears?[/QUOTE]

Goo! That's a tough one. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I might give the slight edge to San Fran. Bears will be starting Campbell, have a bad offensive line, and are on the road.

PPR league, deciding on my last receiver. James Jones or Julio Jones (if active). Julio is testing out his ankle, but is currently still ruled as Questionable. It's more a matter of how effective he could possibly be if he plays with the injury.

Currently have James in the lineup, if only because I'm afraid the yahoo servers shit the bed again this week.

[quote name='perdition(troy']start two:

eric decker
wes welker
jordy nelson[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jordy Nelson is the one definite. For Welker and Decker, it depends. If it's PPR, I'd stick with Welker, otherwise I'd probably take the chance on Decker.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Who do I start at RB:

D. Woodhead vs Ind, V. Ballard vs NE, M. Ingraham or C. Ivory vs Oak?[/QUOTE]

I think Ivory is your best bet now that Sproles is out.

Should I go with Donald Brown or Darrius Heyward-Bey (apparently active today) for my flex?

[quote name='Stevesbored']I think Ivory is your best bet now that Sproles is out.

Should I go with Donald Brown or Darrius Heyward-Bey (apparently active today) for my flex?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Sproles is not playing this week, that's good news for me!

Tough one I think Brown will find the end zone at least once today so I would play him. Plus, he has the best opportunity to put up numbers. Bey is risky due the injury but NOLA has a horrible D.

So how about that Dez Bryant fellow? He alone may have salvaged me this week. At least he offset Andre Johnson for my opponent.

And I see benching Julio didn't hurt me in the slightest. Didn't help starting James James, but didn't hurt.

Of all the games to go to overtime, it's the Texans game. Still very much in the air, but did they have to throw it to Andre Johnson for the game winner? Down by 8 and we each have four players left, but damn, this makes it all the more interesting.

Edit: And looking right now, we have the top two scores in the league this week. Figures.

Damn. I had HOU D and Greg Zuerlain as my kicker...they combined to get me 1 point. 1 POINT.
Fortunately I benched Julio for Cobb and Megatron had a great game. I just need Brees, Reece and Gates to go nuts. Two of them are...what's going on Gates??

I've got Brees, Antonio Gates and Reece going and my opponent has Brady. I'm only up about 4 points and he still has Akers and 49ers D. I think I'm losing this week.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Reece is putting up great numbers, but I wish he'd get in the end zone.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Thank goodness Tampa Bay went to OT today. Freeman doubled his points for me in that last minute of regulation and play in OT.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Matt Ryan got me less than two points. :wall:[/QUOTE]
I got him and RG3, figured Ryan would be a better play this week.
RG3=32 pts
Ryan = 2 pts
Matt Ryan is on the bench, for good.

Good thing Gronk and Cobb scored high for me.

Looks like Reese saved the day for me. I thought I was screwed when my mainstay (Foster) and Fitz combined for 7 but the rest of my team picked me up.

Pulled off a 106-85 win

My kicker Bryant is also an unsung hero for my team. He seems to give me around 15 pts week in and week out.

Here's hoping Akers gives me 11 points tomorrow. At least if I lose, it's not the end of the world. Only need two wins in four weeks to guarantee myself a playoff spot.

I started Owen Daniels as my TE as my other one Bennett with Giants is on a bye week hen I hear Daniels might be a scratch so I pick up his back up Graham and a friend and I are sharing the team so I told him to watch out for Owen and Julio Jones as possible non-starters so Owen starts and gets 11 points but Graham gets 28 points....WTH. FF will drive you to drink, that's for sure.

[quote name='sying']Second week in a row lack of TE screwed me. Should I trade Ryan and\or one of the NO WR for Gronk or Graham?[/QUOTE]

Not Gronk he is going to be out about 4 to 6 weeks. There is a report he broke his foreman in the game today.

My whole team crapped out this week. Total points: 39. Fortunately, this was only my third lost of the season. I have a feeling I won't make it out of the first week of playoffs.

What a shitty week for me, Stafford sucked, Julio Jones barely played, James Jones was a bum, and Mike Williams sucked. As bad as this week was I only trail 279.40-280.90. I have Vernon Davis tonight and he has Justin Smith(2 points per tackle, 3 sack). I have a chance, but I have zero confidence in Davis at all.

[quote name='Miami_13']What a shitty week for me, Stafford sucked, Julio Jones barely played, James Jones was a bum, and Mike Williams sucked. As bad as this week was I only trail 279.40-280.90. I have Vernon Davis tonight and he has Justin Smith(2 points per tackle, 3 sack). I have a chance, but I have zero confidence in Davis at all.[/QUOTE]

And no Alex Smith so you should basically accept defeat already.

Gronk owners have one guy to blame, the coach. For the starters to still be in the game that late in a total rout is just unfathomable.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Not Gronk he is going to be out about 4 to 6 weeks. There is a report he broke his foreman in the game today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, immediately canceled that trade. Traded Colston and Lance Moore for Jimmy Graham.

on the radio in milwaukee the local sports fantasy show they said their sleeper of the week was TY Hilton from Indy. i had mike williams who's been OK... i said fuck it im 2 games back of the playoffs i got nothing to lose. TY Hilton -- 22 points this week 100 yards and 2 TDs. best decision i made all season.

Should we be jumping on the J. Blackmon wagon? He is still on waiver in my league. I know it's just one game but it was monster of a game. Supposedly, this was the J. Blackmon everyone was expecting when he was drafted.

[quote name='winterice']Should we be jumping on the J. Blackmon wagon? He is still on waiver in my league. I know it's just one game but it was monster of a game. Supposedly, this was the J. Blackmon everyone was expecting when he was drafted.[/QUOTE]Yes. It's already been announced that Chad Henne, not the garbage that is Blaine Gabbert, is starting the next game and it was pretty obvious last game that Blackmon is his main target.

I just posted this in the NFL thread but I figured it was applicable to this thread as well. Willis McGahee is pretty much done for the rest of the season.

I will be putting a claim for Blackmon but don't be fooled, Henne is a bum and will come crashing back down to Earth.

Great game from Vernon got me a win in my main league. In my other league I entered tonight up 17 with Forte and my opponent had Marshall and 49ers defense. They were in 1st place and I survived!

35lhuys.jpg

I wouldn't celebrate until the stat corrections have posted.

Earlier in the year I was up by .4 points and ended up losing due to a stat correction by .3 points.

I was offered this trade in one of my leagues:

I get:

Vernon Davis
Danny Amendola

He gets:

Aaron Hernandez

Thoughts? I know with Gronk out Hernandez becomes a big weapon if he can get back on the field, but that injury has been nagging him all year. I'm leaning towards saying no since Amendola doenst help me at WR at all (I have Roddy White, Demaryius Thomas, and Randall Cobb).

[quote name='GamerDude316']I was offered this trade in one of my leagues:

I get:

Vernon Davis
Danny Amendola

He gets:

Aaron Hernandez

Thoughts? I know with Gronk out Hernandez becomes a big weapon if he can get back on the field, but that injury has been nagging him all year. I'm leaning towards saying no since Amendola doenst help me at WR at all (I have Roddy White, Demaryius Thomas, and Randall Cobb).[/QUOTE]
What other tight ends do you have?
Davis has been inconsistent all year. Only reason I know this is that I have him on one of my teams and he's been unreliable. If Hernandez gets healthy and back on the field, he will more than likely become a big part of the Patriots' offense.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Should I start Carson Palmer vs. Cincy or Tony Romo vs. the Redskins?[/QUOTE]

Palmer. He's at a 73% consistency rating this year and Romo is south of 50%.

I can't help but feel this is a stupid question, but I noticed somebody dropped Lawrence Tynes in a league a few days ago with his bye. Having David Akers, should I make the switch. I'm admittedly partial to Akers as he can can have his big days, but Tynes has had more double digit games thus far this year.

bread's done
Back