2013 Thrift Store Thread

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']whoa...this thing IS worth a lot...why? is it rare or something? a used copy is going for over 100 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

It's the last NASCAR game made by Sierra for pc. It is customizable more than the newer versions. There is still a large online community.

If you buy it to flip make sure it has a cd key.

[quote name='yourlefthand']It's the last NASCAR game made by Sierra for pc. It is customizable more than the newer versions. There is still a large online community.

If you buy it to flip make sure it has a cd key.[/QUOTE]

yeah it includes the key and i am looking to flip it.. disc and inserts are in great shape too

Not a video game pickup, but found The Darkness - Permission To Land for $1.59 today. It was worth it. :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU

[quote name='blindinglights']Not a video game pickup, but found The Darkness - Permission To Land for $1.59 today. It was worth it. :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I remember them lol.

Visited 1 Goodwill today.

Pickings were slim. Barely any Videogames, other than some PS1 Games with no prices.

But I did see some Consoles. 1 Boxed Xbox with barely any of the wires tagged for 49.99. 1 Xbox with no Wires for 14.99. 1 Playstation 1 for 14.99. And a beat up Nintendo 64 with no wires with an opened Expansion Slot (probably had the Expansion Pack but someone stole it.) for 14.99. Saw another sticker that was probably from a Garage Sale ($100! WHAT. :lol:)

[quote name='blindinglights']I broke the thrift store thread.

Sorry guys :whistle2:(

Seriously, why are embedded youtube videos making the forums all crazy lately?[/QUOTE]

Eh, they always did. It's not new =P

[quote name='Sivarticus']I don't even know what I did lol.[/QUOTE]
Edit the post and remove the youtube url.

[quote name='N_S_Sherlock']Good job, You broke CAG.[/QUOTE]

No, this is just the new CAG CheapyD has been raving about :D

Nice little bundle of games, how much did they run you? DKC has to be one of the most common snes games, I swear I've had about 8 of them this month alone because everyone I buy from has 2 copies for some reason lol.

I got a purple gamecube with controller, cables, and original box for $15 the other day. all in great condition, looks barely used.

[quote name='yourlefthand']$3 each.

I left about 5 crappy ones.[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't beat that good deal.

Good deal for you too wheels, not bad at all.

My thrifts have been pretty much crap lately, been doing a lot of craigslist deals instead.

Left a silver Gamecube with power adapter that was $9, a fat PS2 with cables and the hdd network adapter for $15, and a Genesis controller and a Gamecube controller that were marked $6 for some reason (they are usually $3). I did bite on the taped up Madcatz pack that contained "Gameboy Advance with 9 games" for $25. It had a Glacier GBA with batterys and suprisingly the battery cover, 2 original Tetris's, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Advance, San Francisco Rush 2049 GBC, Toy Story, Nigel Mansells World Championship Racing, Spongebob Squarepants SuperSponge, and Mario Kart Super Circuit. Not great, not terrible. Was hoping for any Pokemon game!

[quote name='yourlefthand']Found some snes games yesterday:

Contra 3
Dkc x2
Dkc2
Dkc3
Super Mario kart
One other I can't remember[/QUOTE]

Nice. Don't find much Retro stuff around my areas.

EDIT: Yay for a new page!

Found this, first time something good there in a while:

20130503_212228-1.jpg

Nice Basilisk find.

DS games were empty unfortunately so I grabbed the cases for a quarter. I also brought this to the attention of the manager in hopes that he starts putting them in the glass case instead of with the dvds. Megaman Legends 2 is in perfect condition! I was so excited to find it. Also so the case for MML1 but no game.

I was really surprised to find these gameboy games out on the floor of Goodwill. They usually end up in pockets pretty quickly. Replaced both batteries in Pokemons and they work fine.

Yep, Luigis Mansion for $10!

Not much game-related today, but I did find a nice complete DDR: Mario Mix set for $10. I know the price has plummeted, but I've always wanted to have a copy of that.

Been to busy to post, but here's what I've gotten in past few weeks:
$25 at a GW for this N64 lot
5oiohs.jpg

Call of Duty Prestige Edition (PS3) -- $20 at the same GW, different day. Only things missing is the game and steelbook, everything else was never used
2zpi3xv.jpg

And if anybody has any freaking clue on these old PC games.. I would gladly appreciate it. I know some of them are somewhat valuable, but some others i have no idea such as modem wars and holiday lemmings. These were all $1 so I couldn't pass them up since they were CIB
xlcfo9.jpg

Panzer General is brand new, sealed.
6hmaf7.jpg

And just an idea of what they pretty much all look like..
5nqee1.jpg

:drool:

OMG at those pc games. The only time I find old boxed PC games they are $3-5 a piece. I'd kill to find a lot like that at a thrift for that price.

You want advice, you've got 11 games there at $1 a piece, you paid what, $13 after tax? Sell them to me and I'll double your money. :cool:

[quote name='evuong']Been to busy to post, but here's what I've gotten in past few weeks:
$25 at a GW for this N64 lot
5oiohs.jpg

Call of Duty Prestige Edition (PS3) -- $20 at the same GW, different day. Only things missing is the game and steelbook, everything else was never used
2zpi3xv.jpg

And if anybody has any freaking clue on these old PC games.. I would gladly appreciate it. I know some of them are somewhat valuable, but some others i have no idea such as modem wars and holiday lemmings. These were all $1 so I couldn't pass them up since they were CIB
xlcfo9.jpg

Panzer General is brand new, sealed.
6hmaf7.jpg

And just an idea of what they pretty much all look like..
5nqee1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

for future reference just go there for prices. I'm bored so I'll look some up anyways.

Megatraveller 2 $8
Ultima 7 $29
Lemmings 2 $15
The Adventures of Willy Beamish $40
The Lost Vikings $22
Captain Comic 2 ?
Space Quest V $14
The Black Cauldron $35
Modem Wars ?
Panzer General $40 New $13 used
Holiday Lemmings ?

Hope that helps somewhat. Nice Find.

@mguiddy Haha I don't collect for the PC, but I am definitely looking to trade them

@lord darias Thanks, I had no idea that site had prices for PC games

I decided to drop by *my* Goodwill (not yours, mguiddy ;)) and my timing paid of yet again.

They just started putting a cart of stuff on the shelves, and I ended up with:

SNES with The Lion King, two controllers and all cables. This is the first SNES I've found in the wild with NO yellowing whatsoever.

NES with Defender 2, two controllers, zapper and all cables. It was dirty , but overall good condition.

And a bag full of NES and SNES games. The highlights of the bag are a yellow label metroid, Zelda and Zelda 2 gold carts, super Mario 3, Battletoads, Killer Instinct and a bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

The SNES and NES were tagged $30, and the cashier rang them up together for $30. The bag of games was $20.

I'm on my phone, at my in laws and the bag is in the car, so I'll update later.

[quote name='evuong']@mguiddy Haha I don't collect for the PC, but I am definitely looking to trade them

@lord darias Thanks, I had no idea that site had prices for PC games[/QUOTE]
Boxed PC is the only thing I collect.

It's not entirely accurate though. $30 for a complete copy of Ultima VII is a steal IMO. EDIT: Maybe not... I swear a complete copy went for more... maybe prices dropped a bit since the last time I checked.

Also, there can be a price difference between different versions of computer games which that site doesn't track. For instance, Amiga versions might be priced higher than DOS versions or Apple II versions or Apple Mac versions or...
That site lumps everything into "PC Games" even though there are a handful of different computer platforms.
Search for "King's Quest I", there's one listing for it on that site, but it was released on about seven different computer platforms that could each have different values.
Some people could even put different values on different media (5 1/4 floppy, 3 1/2 floppy, or CD) releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Half off Media today at both GWs.......DIDNT FIND SH!T!!!! I miss these days, this was everything from a few months of GW like 2 or 3 years ago. I love old Photobucket photos!

[quote name='mguiddy']Boxed PC is the only thing I collect.

It's not entirely accurate though. $30 for a complete copy of Ultima VII is a steal IMO. EDIT: Maybe not... I swear a complete copy went for more... maybe prices dropped a bit since the last time I checked.

Also, there can be a price difference between different versions of computer games which that site doesn't track. For instance, Amiga versions might be priced higher than DOS versions or Apple II versions or Apple Mac versions or...
That site lumps everything into "PC Games" even though there are a handful of different computer platforms.
Search for "King's Quest I", there's one listing for it on that site, but it was released on about seven different computer platforms that could each have different values.
Some people could even put different values on different media (5 1/4 floppy, 3 1/2 floppy, or CD) releases.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they only separate by pc, mac and commodore 64...I wish they had an Amiga section as I put my Amiga collection (Mostly SSI AD&D games) on craigslist for $50 and got a bunch of responses so I looked on ebay and there aren't any collections even close to mine that went for a bunch more. A few Clue books I have went for $25 apiece. Anyways I decided to hunt this summer for a few titles I am missing and Ebay the whole lot...

At the "thrift shop" the one from macklamore and ryan lewis thrift shop video.
I found Legend of Legia for .10 cents

at another goodwill
warioland for virtual boy for .99,
donkey kong 64 1.99

finally a non rrod 360 for 7.99

nothing

Had the first decent day in a long time. Paid $45 for everything. Would have left the games but they were bundled with the system. I'll probably just use the nice cases to replace a few of mine and toss the rest at the flea market.

Can anybody tell me what, if anything, I'm missing from the WoW CE (besides the game)? And the cards are all sealed still, would that have any effect on the value? I paid $15 for it and I'm looking to flip it, but I know nothing about WoW, I just checked the prices on amazon and went for it.
Haha, scratch that I just figured it out. No mousepad :/

[quote name='mguiddy']I would've been like "They're not even for this system!" :lol:[/QUOTE]
Tried that. Even pointed out that the Sonic 2 case was empty (I have a cart only copy I can put in there), but the cashier wasn't having any of it, lopl.

[quote name='aptanor']Tried that. Even pointed out that the Sonic 2 case was empty (I have a cart only copy I can put in there), but the cashier wasn't having any of it, lopl.[/QUOTE]
I can understand that with the cashier, I would've asked for a manager.

[quote name='evuong']@mguiddy Haha I don't collect for the PC, but I am definitely looking to trade them

@lord darias Thanks, I had no idea that site had prices for PC games[/QUOTE]

The prices on VGPC are not for complete in box games. Just hop on eBay and type in "(insert title here) pc complete" then click sold listings at the top. It will show all the past listings and what they sold for.

The cheapest Holiday Lemmings on the internet right now is $51, so there's a good chance it is worth around that much.

I don't know what it is but I have found SO many Rock band drums and guitars this year! I've got 5 sets of drums and 6 guitars still in my basement and have flipped at least 7 guitars online and to a local games store.

8720428762_f11c5ff0c3_z.jpg

This was a pretty nice find. Found a set of Wireless 360 Rock Band drums at a local thrift store. Asked the price and they told me $5. I picked this up, tested them out, and they work great!

[quote name='Doomstink']The prices on VGPC are not for complete in box games. Just hop on eBay and type in "(insert title here) pc complete" then click sold listings at the top. It will show all the past listings and what they sold for.[/QUOTE]
While I agree that active eBay searching gives you a better idea for the most up to date value for complete auctions, VGPC is becoming a bit more updated, now having Loose, CIB, and New sections on their website for each game, before the ambiguous New and Used categories.

Not sure how good the bot is that decides if an auction is CIB or not though...

Found yesterday 5/7/13
- FF7 complete (black label) $4
Crazy, I was thinking I'd never find another one for cheap. I just happened to have 40 mins before my job started so I walked in about 9:30ish , walked around and didn't see anything. Until I walked past the books and saw a lady on the ground digging through records. I walked behind her, and scanned above her and saw FF7 sitting on a record :0 I snatched with the quickness lol walked away and opened it up and found everything there, which is rare as everything away from the locked case gets stolen and case gets left smh.

Next I found FFX stuck between DVDs, missing manual but is black label. Been wanting to play and actually beat the game, but with the military and school no time really. It was $4

Also found a Tom-Tom I believe that's what is was called? GPS for $8 still in the box. Haven't tested yet. Need a back up GPS other than my phone, until I get a new one.

Found some good stuff this week.

All three Bandai Legend of Heroes PSP games (not Trails in the Sky, the other 3). Already have them but for 4.99 each, I figure I can lot them up on eBay for 40.00 or so.

Pokemon the First Three Movies set (rough but in good working order) for 1.99. This goes for 80-100 so I was happy of course.

I actually think that is it but those two made me happy, ha ha.

Recently I found a Sega Genesis 2 console with the power supply and rf for $4, it works.
Also picked up an original Xbox console for $5 in hopes that the power supply would be the same version as my Halo edition Xbox I found a few weeks back that doesn't power on , no luck but now i have a 4th original xbox

[quote name='wheels']Recently I found a Sega Genesis 2 console with the power supply and rf for $4, it works.
Also picked up an original Xbox console for $5 in hopes that the power supply would be the same version as my Halo edition Xbox I found a few weeks back that doesn't power on , no luck but now i have a 4th original xbox[/QUOTE]

What power supply are you looking for? I have 6 old xboxes just collecting dust.

EDIT:

Not a huge find, but yesterday I picked up a complete PS2 Slim in good condition for $20 for the Monroeville GW.

bread's done
Back