2013 Thrift Store Thread

I think I am taking the Metroid cart back though, I though it was something rare because it is rated RP, but I guess its just a demo? Anyone ever heard of it before? Really happy with the KOA and Yoshi Cookie though. The purse is really nice too ( I guess, the nanny said it was a nice one).
It's the Demo

Can't believe I scored a Brand New/Unopened copy of WOW Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition for $14.99. Same goodwill where i found Uncharted 2's dagger at.

s29y.JPG
zbne.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Every DS for like two years came with that demo. I had it, so did everyone.
weeeeeelllll, good for you. good for everyone

got star wars rebel assault II for ps1 super minty fresh for 2 bucks yesterday. and something that I only want to post a pic of, so that will come later

Saw some stuff today. Passed on a $3 Gamegear "AS IS, Doesnt Work!!", $3 copy of Operation Wolf for NES in a clear case with booklet, a PS1 controller, and some Gamecube controllers (Nintendo one didnt have the grip on the stick and the other 2 were Cheapstop brand".

I did grab 2 Sega Saturn controllers for $3 apiece. 

I tried to return the Metroid demo, but they girl said I could only exchange it. So I picked up toy story 3 for 360 and said I would pay the difference, to which she replied "don't worry about that".

sooooo, that worked out ok. and grabbed Alien Trilogy for PS1 today, $1

I tried to return the Metroid demo, but they girl said I could only exchange it. So I picked up toy story 3 for 360 and said I would pay the difference, to which she replied "don't worry about that".

sooooo, that worked out ok. and grabbed Alien Trilogy for PS1 today, $1
Nice. My oldest daughter and I played the crap out of Toy Story 3 (I even played it when she was sleeping or at school :whistle2:$ )

Nice. My oldest daughter and I played the crap out of Toy Story 3 (I even played it when she was sleeping or at school :whistle2:$ )
my gf is a preschool teacher, inherently loving most things made/geared towards kiddos. She has been playing my xbox for the past 2 hours lol

Some of you guys have awesome stuff at your GWs!

The only nice thing about the chain near here is that games are all $3 unless they are the stuff donated/written off by Target.

Not at GW, but another local thrift store, but I got Blops 1 360 for $1.50

Cherry-picked a donated PS2 collection for :ps2: Suikoden III and :ps2: Sega Genesis Collection for $4 each, both complete and in good shape.  I know the Ulitmate Genesis Collection is better, but I've always wanted the PS2 collection anyways.

Stopped between clients today and saw a Gamecube with 2 controllers, a mic, a gba plug in thing, all hook ups, a disc for an AR, a disc for some other cheating device and a Gameboy Player (sadly no disc) for 25 bucks. I passed because of the no disc for the GB Player. Still thinking it was a good deal though

I think my local GW is bumping old games up to $5 now. They were $3. They had a boxed copy of Dragon Warrior for NES in the glasscase for a few days, it was gone today. I figured they marked it $5 because it was in the box and probably had the manual and stuff. But now in the glasscase is a cartridge only Junglestrike with a $5 sticker and some crappy 3DS game marked $10. $5 still isnt bad if I find something decent but thats how the one GW started and then started doing individual Ebay prices.....I dont go to that GW anymore!

today, buying stuff for my nephew, I picked up

NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line PS3

Spyro Year of the Dragon

$3 bucks a piece. Passed on Crash bandicoot, crash team racing and crash 'this is a Mario party' game

Found a bunch of SNES games, some with boxes, some complete at a local goodwill for $2 each.[attachment=1776:weekend 44 010.JPG]

Damn! Awesome pickups, especially Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong.
This. If those were to be donated at the local store, the manager would have sent them straight to the online store. My little sister works at the local store and she has overheard her manager talking about $100,000 beanie babies and other nonsense. Probably why we only have nothing but crap available.

Pick-ups at Goodwills the last couple days:

N64 Mario Kart 64 -$7

N64 Super Mario 64 -$7

N64 Mario Party 2 -$7

N64 Super Smash Bros -$7

wireless xbox 360 guitar -$4

wired xbox 360 guitar -$4

wired xbox 360 drumset -$5

wireless xbox 360 drumset -$7

PSP Star Wars Battlefront II -$2

PS2 slim console -$10

The Goodwill that had the N64 games was a Goodwill that I only go to maybe once a month. I never see any N64 games at Goodwills, but when I do they are usually $3. It's strange that those were the only N64 games they had, and not a bunch of terrible ones.

SAVERS charges 24.99 cart only for the same game I bought for .99 8 months ago at the same location.
Thats what happens at the Goodwills around here sometimes! "Ohh a Super Nintendo........$40? But Ive bought like 5 from here for $5-$20 apiece" Or the copy of Goldeneye 64 that was in the glasscase for almost a year because it was marked $20, I said "well you see you use to sell games for $4 apiece, thats why they sold. If someone wanted to pay that kinda money for an old game theyd go next door to the gamestore! This is a thriftstore."

Great way to end the new year

All Dreamcast games and all complete: 

MvC

Zombie Revenge

Dynamite Cop

and a Donkey Kong Country exposed VHS for $5 total 

I will pay off all the bills in 2014!

I got excited at my last GW stop when I saw a huge bag full of Wii remotes and accessories (WM+ Remotes, Nunchucks, Classic Controller Pros, and Wii Wheels) behind the counter, hoping maybe they were underpriced (couldn't see a tag on the bag).  After the clerk came over to give me the info, he then crushed my spirits by saying they were bundled with the donated Wii console... with a $150 price tag...

Only thing I walked out with from the donated Wii collection was :wii: Wii Sports for $1.50, had so much potential if they didn't decide to lump everything together.

I was going to make a new 2014 Thrift thread, but this trip was still in 2013.

EDIT: Ended up making a 2014 thread afterall, post new finds at the thread here.

bread's done
Back