2013 Yard Sale Thread

Some old fat dude lifted 2 loose Game Boy SPs 10 seconds before I got to them. I was pretty pissed about that. He payed $3 for both of them. I hate people that have no interest in the hobby and just exploit it for cash.

Anyway, I did manage to get a silver DS Lite with some games and some Xbox games I payed $5 and flipped to my local used game store for $27 in credit. Trying to justify buying a PS4 with my Xbox One if I can get it entirely from credit, lol. My store won't have any in stock 'til next year, likely, so I have a few months to build it up.
What makes him different then you? You profited the same way he will/ did..

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. For all we know, he was buying them for his son, daughter, nephews, etc...

Nah, he definitely wasn't doing that. He only had one in his hand, and the moment he saw me he grabbed the other. I know a dealer when I see'em. Honestly, not much separates me from him... I'm just salty he got that shit 10 seconds before me.

But still, I don't make a living off of exploiting hobbies. I'm looking for games for myself... or games to trade for more games. I'm inclined to feel better about gamers getting the finds at sales, rather than the asshole resellers who go out at 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM sales just to snag games to resell.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferrari_Racer what other kind of LPs were in the lot? I did great with Blue Note & Riverside jazz this summer. If you're looking for certain rock records I have  A TON that I've been lazy in listing on eBay. 

Nah, he definitely wasn't doing that. He only had one in his hand, and the moment he saw me he grabbed the other. I know a dealer when I see'em. Honestly, not much separates me from him... I'm just salty he got that shit 10 seconds before me.

But still, I don't make a living off of exploiting hobbies. I'm looking for games for myself... or games to trade for more games. I'm inclined to feel better about gamers getting the finds at sales, rather than the asshole resellers who go out at 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM sales just to snag games to resell.
The 5:00 AM guys are nuts; I draw the line at that sort of stuff

I went to a local garage sale at about 2:00 when it had already started at 8:00. It has been over a month since the last time I went to a garage sale. I bought a silver gamecube with wired controller(rough shape), Metroid Prime(complete), Fantasy Star Online(complete), Metroid Prime 2(missing disc), power cable, and the BLACK MONSTER S-VIDEO COMPOSITE CABLE. The guy was asking $18 for all of it, but after pointing out a disc was missing he said he would do $14. After researching, I found out that the last black s-video monster cable on ebay went for $53(with shipping), so now I'm very happy with my purchase. Not too long ago I found an official component cable for the gamecube at a goodwill for only $10(came with the gamecube console and power cord too), so luck has been on my side lately

What about doing a reverse phone number look up using the address to call them the day before? That was the craziest I had heard.
I tried it once, showing up at a yard sale the day before-- mainly because they advertised games but no starting time. Sure getting that info helped me out the next day, but it wasn't like they had super amazing stuff (maybe three $15 items I picked out of boxes of dvds, games, and manga). I find that the majority of yard sale people aren't willing to bring out items early, and coming on too strong can backfire because then they'll think you're highly interested in whatever they have.

So this is kinda ironic.... theres pretty much zero yard sales right now, maybe a couple each weekend for people desperate to get rid of stuff. I saw one that said it had an atari and some laserdiscs. It said everything MUST go because they are moving. I get there and the laser discs are all gone. Its like 1 hour before the end of the sale on the last day so I figured they would practically be giving stuff away. I ask for video game stuff and she shows me the atari. Its a 2600 4 switch, covered in dirt at mud, the worst shape I've ever seen. It had no cords or controllers and a dirty pac-man. Then she says "its $150! I saw them going for that on ebay!" At that point I just snapped and got a little pissed and said "no no no no...these DO NOT sell on ebay for $150! They sell for like $20-$30 with a few games!! Did you actually see it SELL for $150 or is that just what someone asked?!" She just ignored me and walked off and some other woman looking around was giving her a serious WTF face, so the seller says "no really! I looked on ebay! they sell for $150!" I just walked off and said "you are out of your mind" I don't know why I got so mad because I didn't really even want it, I guess its just the end of the season and I've had an assload of these "it goes for 2 million dollars on the ebay!" idiots.

So I drive home and I see another sale literally 4 houses down. Its like 3:30pm at this point, most sales never go past 12 here, its freezing out, its a miracle there is a sale even going. I walk up and the first thing I see is a fucking mint CIB copy of Glib for the 2600! The guy only wanted $2!! He also had a G1 transformers carrying case full of like 10 G1 transformers for $5! For those that don't know, Glib is extremely rare even for cart only. The last complete in box copy sold for close to $300, and mine looks like its never even been played (you can tell by the way the cart is seated in the cardboard that its never been removed from the box). I just love how I went from one sale with an atari item priced about 10 times higher than ebay value straight to a sale with an atari item priced 10 times UNDER ebay value. That seems to be the way it goes around here, the really valuable stuff you get for nothing and the cheap crap is priced at double market value!

1st Party Dreamcast Controller With Green VMU In It - 1

Saw this in a box of misc stuff and 3 other Dreamcast controllers, others being 1 1st party & 2 generics. I asked how much for the one I got and the guy asked me how much I would pay so I said a buck. He countered with saying a buck each and when I said I would just take the VMU then for a buck he changed his mind and said a buck for both would do.

Got a box of PC stuff for $10 today. In there was COD 2, Metal of Honor Allied Assault and two expansions, Battlefield Vietnam, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon gold edition, COD 1, Quake 4, Battlefield 2 and Special Forces, Doom 2, and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

That was my only find today though. Only other thing I saw was a N64 priced at $105...

I got one of those screens that attach to the original xbox for $5. I hooked it up and it works but the screen is shit as expected. Other than that I got some less interesting christmas stuff and I saw someone trying to sell a super dirty ps1 and snes for $25. Also why does every n64 controller I come across have a broken analog stick?

I got one of those screens that attach to the original xbox for $5. I hooked it up and it works but the screen is shit as expected. Other than that I got some less interesting christmas stuff and I saw someone trying to sell a super dirty ps1 and snes for $25. Also why does every n64 controller I come across have a broken analog stick?
What does the screen look like? I don't believe I've ever seen one.

As for the N64 controller those analog sticks were easy to break off because of the angle that sat on the controller if something other than your hand was to come in contact with it. Not to mention those analog sticks sure got loose after a while.

Finds 4-2-13

The season is pretty much over here. You know what that means...... time to start posting my stuff!

First yard sale of the year was on a Sunday at roughly noon.  The sale was near my mother's house and decided to check it out.  There was a bunch of the usual crafts and other BS when up popped this unexpected little gem:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Contra: Hard Corps $1

Only game at the sale.  Nice start to the year!

Finding non-sports Genesis games around here is rare, and this is a pretty good one to find!

Finds 5-4-13

I was participating in the Indy Mini-Marathon so I was missing out on most of the sales on the first really nice weekend of the year.  Stopped at a highway sale on the way home.

From various sales:

Wii motion Plus attachments were $2.50 each, PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 was $2, PS1 Monopoly $1, Gameshark disc $0.50, Power Rangers Genesis $0.50.

Finds 5-18-13

At this point the whole "do you have video games" thing was in hyperdrive.  At every sale I went to I overheard people asking for games or the people holding the sale would mention someone waking them up asking asking for games.  The previous week I found absolutely nothing (5-11-13) so I figured this was going to be a tough year. 

Advertised sale mentioned games, I show up a few minutes after the sale starts just in time to see a guy walking away with a GameCube poking out of a box.  Here is what I found there:

The steel book DVDs were $3 each, PS3 games were $2 each.  They also had stuff like Fallout 3 (which I passed on since I already own it) which makes me think I missed out on some nice games with that GC.  The Atari Flashback was $5 at a sale elsewhere.

Glen Robinson Hawks throwback jersey $2.  I normally don't even look at clothes at sales but the colors caught my eye.  It's in mint condition so I was surprised it was that cheap.  I don't really wear them anymore but I'm sure I could get a nice price for it or find someone that will enjoy it.

It was quite warm here in Maryland this past Saturday, and EVERYONE was back out having yard sales. I had perhaps the best weekend I've had all season, and I might have had more had I not had my shift at the animal shelter at 11. Anyway, here we gooooo...

-First sale mentioned having video games and pokemon stuff on craigslist. I get there, and the guy had a whole table of Pokemon cards, toys, and figures out, along with an N64 and a couple of PS2's. As usual, I'm out to grab cheap systems for use in the Game Room at MAGFest. Anyway, he wanted $30 for the N64 and and more for the controllers and games so I passed on that, but he was willing let to the PS2's (one fat, one mini) plus cords and a bunch on controllers go for $40, so I grabbed those. I also bought a bag of Burger King Pokemon toys for $10, since I'm running a Smash Bros Brawl Pokeball-only tournament and I figured they'd make good prizes.

-Second sale, also from craigslist, was nearby and mentioned "games and electronics," usually a good sign. I get there, and they've got an N64, some games (Mario 64, Cruis'n World, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune) and 3 controllers in good condition. I'm able to grab them for all for $15, then I ask about other video game stuff. They bring out some more N64 controllers and NES games (they didn't have the system though), and I grab the rest of them for $5.

-Third sale was a neighborhood sale, also from craigslist. Was able to grab 360 Rock Band 2 game plus, drums, mic, and a guitar for $15, then Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros Wii for $2 apiece. They had other Wii/DS games, but I ran out of money and by the time I got back with more they were gone.

-Fourth sale was a random one on the street that I stopped at. Pick up Eternal Ring for PS2, complete, for $1.

-Fifth sale was a moving sale on craigslist where they had some stuffed Pikachus in the picture. The had a bunch of old PC games on the table when I walked in for $.50 apiece, but I passed on them. In the basement, however, I found a HUGE box filled with old Pokemon BK toys, stuffed animals, gold-plated Pokemon cards, and other Poke paraphernalia. These were also $.50 a piece, but I asked how much for the whole box and they said $5! I jumped on that, and they threw in a bunch of big stuffed Pikachus they had separate for another $4. I also grabbed a bunch of Nintendo A/V cables, some PS1 controllers, and other A/V cables for $5, plus a big box of Dragon magazines from the 90's for my D&D buddies and myself. The people even threw some Magic starter decks in my bag on the way out. I think they were happy just to get rid of the stuff and see it go to someone who would appreciate it.

-Last sale was on Sunday, and was discovered while my wife and I were out neighborhood hunting. I stopped at a couple of houses that had some tables out and asked about games. They brought out Mario Kart Wii, Worms: Space Oddity, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Smash Bros Brawl, with everything except Mario Kart and Worms CiB (Kart was missing the manual and Worms was in a Blockbuster case). Then they asked the one question that kills me: "What do you think these are worth?" Obviously, I know what they're worth, but I dislike lying, so I just offered the guy the $24 I had in my wallet and he took it, and I'll be able to be reimbursed for the games via MAGFest and my brother, so all's well that ends well.

In total I spent around $150, with only about $40 spent on stuff for me. I realize I could probably triple my investment by selling a bunch of this stuff on eBay, but I'm not strapped for cash plus I get to make sure this stuff finds a good, so it's not a big deal.

Looked at a couple yard sales this past weekend before getting to move this week(forgot how much moving crap on your own sucked).  Didn't find much, as most of it was kids clothes and toys.

But did manage to snag an working original Xbox for $7 w/ the first Fantastic Four game included.  It had busted analog sticks with the controller.  But buying a used controller from a local store for $5 fixed that.

Also got a bundle of complete Xbox games for $7.  Bundle include Halo, Project Gotham Racing 2/Xbox Live Arcade combo pack, NCAA Football 2005/Top Spin combo pack, Star Wars: Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds combo pack, Ford Racing 3, DDR Ultramix, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, The Godfather, Mechassault

So got a working Xbox with 10 games for under $20.  Pretty good, plus it gives me something to kill the boredom after moving and waiting for tv & internet services to get set up.

Got a Wii steering wheel and balance board plus Wii Fit and some sports game for $12 today. Then picked up disc-only copies of GTA 4 (360), Assassin's Creed (360), and Zelda Ocarina of Time (GC) for another $12. So nothing great, but I'll make a little profit.

Also got some DVDs: Lord of the Rings trilogy for $5, Law and Order second season for $2.50, and 88 Minutes (blu-ray version) for $2.50.

Finds 5-25-13

Not much around for this weekend.

Each of the following groups are from separate sales.  All the movies and Soul Reaver 2 was $2.  Terminator Salvation PS3 was $4.  Talked the sellers down on Super Mario Galaxy from $10 to $5.

Autographs.  All for $5.  There were more in the group but they were water damaged.  It's possible they are counterfeit, they each came with a "certificate of authenticity" that looked like a photocopy.  They are officially licensed photos, though (have the hologram).  For $5 I'll take a chance.  I'm going to have the Penny/Shaq photo authenticated.  If it turns out ok I'll get the Penny checked also.

Finds 5-31-13

There was a highway sale this particular weekend, but it was cool with scattered rain and drizzle.  Myself and a few members of the family went out anyway, there were many sellers willing to wheel and deal because of the lack of traffic.

Found this at a sale under a large tent for $7.  First time I've run into a Coleco Vision in the wild around here.

Saw this at a house that started setting up after a brief rain.  I was the first person to approach the sale.  First grabbed the PS1 for $1 because I wanted the PS2 controllers.  The lady asked if I was interested in more video games and I said "sure, I guess". ;)  She pulls out the Xbox with hookups, no controllers with RDR and offers them for $3.  Unfortunately RDR has a crack on the spindle.  She then mentions she has a Nintendo and excuses herself to go find it.

Only items in the box are the Styrofoam packing,  power pad in box, the Nintendo, and A/V hookup.  She says she will take $5 for it.  Sure, why not. :razz:  Walked away paying $9 for all of it.  I already have all the stuff needed to complete the Nintendo setup so not bad!

Found these at various sales.  CDs were $1 each, BB King DVD was $1, GNR VHS were $0.50 each, Saw PS3 talked down to $3, Ted Bluray was $3. 

Saw an extremely filthy Nintendo Wii for $30, passed.  It looked like they blew cigarette smoke directly into the vents then kicked dust onto it.  Also the controllers appeared to be mauled by the family dog or young child.  At this point I made a goal for myself, to find a nice condition Wii for $40 before the season was over.

Finds 6-1-13

There was a sale advertising DS games, so I was out bright and early to get prime choice.  I find the sale and there is nothing set up.  I decide to hit a few other sales and swing back by later.

Found this at an unadvertised sale for $20.  Almost missed it, the box was under a table but FFVII was on top of a table above it.  Apparently someone else had been digging through them.  Will end up flipping them if they are not in better shape than the ones I already have.

Went back to the sale that was advertising DS games and they were putting things out, and the sale was already packed.  Still found some nice stuff.

The Wii games were marked $1 each and the DS games were $3 each.  Goldeneye 007 is from a different sale, it is factory sealed and I talked them down from $10 to $5.  I also picked up a black 5 shelf media stand in like new condition for $5 from that sale.  Not too shabby for a short morning.

Went to a video game one today, as usual during this time of month. Saw a Turbo Grafx, but didn't really want it so left it.

Got a Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS NES controller. It was built in Fukushima back in the day, it's a turbo controller with audio out for your headphones.

In addition, a SNES controller, a SNES extension cord, a Ps/SS/universal power cable, and Mendel Palace.

Went to a video game one today, as usual during this time of month. Saw a Turbo Grafx, but didn't really want it so left it.

Got a Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS NES controller. It was built in Fukushima back in the day, it's a turbo controller with audio out for your headphones.

In addition, a SNES controller, a SNES extension cord, a Ps/SS/universal power cable, and Mendel Palace.
lol have never seen a turbo, must have been pricey to pass on...

One sale today

bc wii with 2 wimotes/chucks and half a dozen games for $25

ds missing stylus $2

bunch of other stuff bikes, ladder, tools, bike stuff, tumbuk messenger bag, etc ... spent $62.50 all told...

I went to a yard sale saturday and saw some kids walking away with some gameboy colors but they left a blue gba behind so I picked that up for $5. It had a copy of super monkey ball on the inside. Kind of wish I had gotten there earlier. Other than that I picked up two guitar hero controllers for the wii for $1 each. Also I ended up having to help my aunt move a stove that I guy at a yard sale gave to her just to get rid of it. I don't know why but seems like every time I go to a thrift store or yard sale I end up having to move something heavy.

Here's some of the stuff I've purchased over the last few months. I can't believe there's probably only a few more weeks of garage sale season!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23295]
XBOX360 with 1 controller - $30

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure XB360 - $5

Pac-Man Plug N Play - $1

Spongebob Plug N Play  $1

Quest 64 - .50

SNES & NES AC Adapters - .25 each

Pacman PC Game - .25

Pokemon Blue - $5

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23296]
Alien & Predator action figures - .50 each

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23297]
XBox with 4 controllers and Remote - $20 (I think it might have a bad disc drive, so I might have been burned on this one)
Nintendo DS case with Spongebob game - .25
Transformers DS game case - FREE
Outkast & Kraftwerk Vinyls - .25 each
Nighthwaks DVD - $1
Dreamcast Controllers - .50 each
N64 Controller - $1
NES Zapper - .75
N64 Cleaning Kit - .50
CDs (ABC, B-52s, Adam Ant) - $1 each
TMNT Action Figure - .50
TMTN Happy Meal Toy - .10

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23298]
NES with 2 dogbone controllers, Zapper, Cleaning Kit, Game Case, about 20 games (half with manuals), Nintendo Power trading cards, broken Genesis with 1 controller, and a few loose Genesis games - $20 for the lot

Also purchased, but not pictured:

New Super Mario Bros U (complete)- $5

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection (New) - $5

Jet Force Gemini N64 - $2

Vice Project Doom NES - $1

Pixies Concert DVD - $1

Carnival Games Wii - $1

Just Dance Disney - $1

Activision Anthology PS2 (complete) - $2.50

Atari Anthology PS2  (complete)- $2.50

Disney Adventures Kinect XB360 (complete) - FREE

God of War PS2 (complete) - $2

Soul Calibur 3 PS2 (complete) - $2

Th3 Plan PS2 (new) - $1

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2 (complete) - $2

Mega Man Battle Network Large Action Figure - $1

Bag of random crap, including a non-working SNES (it powers on, but the picture goes to black. At least it's not yellow), 2 SNES Controllers, 1 N64 Controller, PS2 Controller extension, PC Gamepad - $5

Here's some of the stuff I've purchased over the last few months. I can't believe there's probably only a few more weeks of garage sale season!

XBOX360 with 1 controller - $30

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure XB360 - $5

Pac-Man Plug N Play - $1

Spongebob Plug N Play $1

Quest 64 - .50

SNES & NES AC Adapters - .25 each

Pacman PC Game - .25

Pokemon Blue - $5

Alien & Predator action figures - .50 each

XBox with 4 controllers and Remote - $20 (I think it might have a bad disc drive, so I might have been burned on this one)
Nintendo DS case with Spongebob game - .25
Transformers DS game case - FREE
Outkast & Kraftwerk Vinyls - .25 each
Nighthwaks DVD - $1
Dreamcast Controllers - .50 each
N64 Controller - $1
NES Zapper - .75
N64 Cleaning Kit - .50
CDs (ABC, B-52s, Adam Ant) - $1 each
TMNT Action Figure - .50
TMTN Happy Meal Toy - .10

NES with 2 dogbone controllers, Zapper, Cleaning Kit, Game Case, about 20 games (half with manuals), Nintendo Power trading cards, broken Genesis with 1 controller, and a few loose Genesis games - $20 for the lot

Also purchased, but not pictured:

New Super Mario Bros U (complete)- $5

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection (New) - $5

Jet Force Gemini N64 - $2

Vice Project Doom NES - $1

Pixies Concert DVD - $1

Carnival Games Wii - $1

Just Dance Disney - $1

Activision Anthology PS2 (complete) - $2.50

Atari Anthology PS2 (complete)- $2.50

Disney Adventures Kinect XB360 (complete) - FREE

God of War PS2 (complete) - $2

Soul Calibur 3 PS2 (complete) - $2

Th3 Plan PS2 (new) - $1

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2 (complete) - $2

Mega Man Battle Network Large Action Figure - $1

Bag of random crap, including a non-working SNES (it powers on, but the picture goes to black. At least it's not yellow), 2 SNES Controllers, 1 N64 Controller, PS2 Controller extension, PC Gamepad - $5

Respect +1 for the Kraftwerk vinyl dood.

If I see them I will stop by. Stopped by one a few streets over from me that I saw the sign for stapled in front of my house.

Picked up the following for $2 each

FF9 black label

Galerians

GTA Vice City

GTA 3

GTA San Andreas x 2

Dark Cloud

Resident Evil 4

Street Fighter Anthology

and one more I can't remember

All were in great shape disc wise, but some are missing manuals.

Stopped at an estate sale yesterday.

2 Eminem CDs-$0.50/each(missed out on at least 20 more CDs by about 5 min)

xbox 360 rockband drum set-$5(she brought it out of her car after I asked if she had any video games)

She will be texting me a list of their video games/consoles today(they had a baby and she says her husband doesn't have time for video gaming).

Got a few scores today. Biggest one was a guy who must have had hundreds of games (he was apparently given them by someone who owed him money). From him I got a fat PS2 with all hookups and a controller, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, Tomb Raider Chronicles, and Tomb Raider Last Revelation for $40. Tried to get him to go lower but no deal, and he even hooked it up to show me it worked, so I paid it.

Only other things were a couple Gameinformer magazines (free), and The Sims 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld for PC ($1 each).

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23314]
 TurboGrafx16 with 2 controllers, multi-tap, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and 2 copies of Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. $7 for everything.

NICE!! Need the story!
I picked it up at an indoor moving sale. I was having a pretty slow day and almost considered heading home early, but I'm glad I didn't. The lady wanted $10. I offered $5, and she counter-offered with $7. I non-chalantly replied with "Hmm…yeah, I guess I can do $7."

Next week is the week before Thanksgiving weekend and the weather is getting colder, so this was probably the last yard sale weekend for me until Spring.

TurboGrafx16 with 2 controllers, multi-tap, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and 2 copies of Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. $7 for everything.
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

I've been looking for a Turbo Grafx at yard sales forever. I've been dying to get my hands on one since my mom sold mine when I was like 12 >=\

I had an okay day.

- Super Mario 64

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- N64 Controller (Red)

- N64 Controller (Gray)

All for $7. Both controllers are in great condition with tight analog sticks.

One of my turbografix systems that are boxed has that same price tag. It is either service merchandise or Montgomery ward if I remember correctly.

I picked it up at an indoor moving sale. I was having a pretty slow day and almost considered heading home early, but I'm glad I didn't. The lady wanted $10. I offered $5, and she counter-offered with $7. I non-chalantly replied with "Hmm…yeah, I guess I can do $7."

Next week is the week before Thanksgiving weekend and the weather is getting colder, so this was probably the last yard sale weekend for me until Spring.
Nice way to end the season.

I like living vicariously through this thread and seeing what people who are more motivated than me can find. I love the fact that you bargained her down from $10. I would have been fumbling for my wallet ready to throw $10 at her.

Went to an Estate sale. Picekd up to desktop computers for $2 each. One of them had a 750GB hard drive in it so I swapped my 250 for it. Also picked up a couple of DVD's

Ultraman

Final Fantasy Spirits Within

Farscape

the sword and the sorcerer  - $1.50 each

Someone said they had some laptops after I left but by the time I got back another lady had them in her hand. Oh well

I like living vicariously through this thread and seeing what people who are more motivated than me can find. I love the fact that you bargained her down from $10. I would have been fumbling for my wallet ready to throw $10 at her.
Yeah, I almost always offer 50% of the asking price and negotiate up from there (no matter how good the deal is).

I would've a few months ago as well, but I've been working on haggling recently. I had never really done it before because I used to always get annoyed with people trying to get lower prices at my own yard sales (in my pre-CAG days), so in my mind, I guess I thought I was being polite. But now that I'm living in a rural area again where bartering/trading is common, I decided to put my Oregon Trail II skills to the test and I've been getting good deals left and right (got my wife a nice dresser not too long ago for only $7; just needed to be sanded and painted). Last night, some lady listed ~45 games online with "make me an offer". I decided that I was willing to pay $1 each, so I would offer $40 with the hope that she would counter with $45...but then I thought "fuck it, I'll offer $30 and see what happens." She accepted and I pick them up tomorrow after finishing up my volunteer work at the school library.

bread's done
Back