2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

I had an interesting find at an out of the way GW (one that always disappoints when I go).  I had to go to the Kmart across the street to pick up some cheap games, so I dropped by to see what I could find.  Sure enough, all of there DVD's and games were special prices.  Some were the regular $3, some were $6 or more(!!) for no apparent reason.

Anyways, I was getting ready to leave, but I went down the craptronics aisle one last time and spotted this:

[attachment=10366:20141204_171236.jpg]

After looking it up, I didn't hesitate to buy it.  I still need to test it, but if it works....   :D/

I saw wii u dance 4 for 5 dollars. Someone had it on hold. Anyone know if that game is any good? I think it is a game better on 360. I'm not into dance games.

Not a huge findd, but this is very cool to me and something I have never seen, and never expected to find in the wild.

Rage Against the Machine's - The Ghost of Tom Joad single, complete and in amazing shape to boot, was so stoked when I found it at goodwill.

Z9h9rbU.jpg

I had an interesting find at an out of the way GW (one that always disappoints when I go). I had to go to the Kmart across the street to pick up some cheap games, so I dropped by to see what I could find. Sure enough, all of there DVD's and games were special prices. Some were the regular $3, some were $6 or more(!!) for no apparent reason.

Anyways, I was getting ready to leave, but I went down the craptronics aisle one last time and spotted this:

20141204_171236.jpg

After looking it up, I didn't hesitate to buy it. I still need to test it, but if it works.... :D/
I can't tell but is that a TS4 port server? They are worth a bit and we use them at work. However, they seem to go out regularly. I'd check it and verify it works before listing of possible.

Minor pick up, found a Platinum Gamecube console on the shelf for $10, picked it up because there was Pokemon Colosseum in the tray.  Really surprised no one swiped the disc in the two days prior it was out there.

I would say faith in humanity was restored, but more than likely it was just laziness to even check (which I already fully believe in).

Minor pick up, found a Platinum Gamecube console on the shelf for $10, picked it up because there was Pokemon Colosseum in the tray. Really surprised no one swiped the disc in the two days prior it was out there.

I would say faith in humanity was restored, but more than likely it was just laziness to even check (which I already fully believe in).
I also saw one yesterday it was missing parts and sadly no game in it. I Already Have Two Working gamecubes.

I could look for a orange spice. Probably a rare one. I have a black one and two indigo (purple) one came with a game boy player I found at D.I. The other two I paid retail but the other purple broke. I could probably have it fixed. I don't often see gamecube anymore. I found two gamecube controllers two weeks ago at Saversthey weren't in good shape and I have plenty.

I saw Wario smooth moves for 5 dollars. I've never played any wario and of course it looked lame. It was on hold and they still had wii u dance no games I like.

20141127_112149.jpg

So went to a thrift that I knew was open today, and that had a 50% off sale on everything in the store for 2 hours. Went to go get a zelda ds lite, but it was pretty beat up, so passed, and then looked at the other ds systems, and saw this under all of them. Has no charger, but for 50 bucks(after the discount), thought that was a pretty good deal :) Now I need to find the box for it...
Nice find. Got mines for $80 at cowboom. The top had to be replaced by Nintendo, but was covered. Added screen protector on the whole body and screen and added a case. I think this is one of the best le for the 3ds. FYI- best buy has the zagg protector for $5 clearance.

I seriously have enjoyed reading everyone's post over the last year. I finally got a account. It is nice to know there are more people like me and I'm not alone knowing the value of games. It is fun to know what everyone gets I will try and post my finds.
Welcome! I felt like that too when I first joined. Still new and not good Judging on value of games.

I'm not really good. I've collected seriously for ten plus years but only games I'd play. Mainly Mario. I have no idea what I have. I get lots of dry spells.

No picture this time, $.0.50 for a pair of composite cables (always nice to have if I find a NES). And probably the cleanest Guitar Hero World Tour Xbox 360 guitar Ive ever bought for $3. Shoulder strap/battery cover included, no stickers ever applied. 

At one of the local Goodwills I picked up a black Gamecube with no cords or controllers for $3 (had a Mario Party disc in it) a couple of weeks ago (I have an indigo one already) and this weekend I found laying on a shelf a Gamecube Gameboy Player Start-Up Disc with case & manual for $1! I scoured the store looking for the player but couldn't find it. Ah well, threw it up on fleabay as a BIN. Thanks to this thread I've learned a lot on what to look out for!

I recently had a couple good finds, one was a stack of PS1 games for $1 a piece including FF Anthology, FF Tactics, and Suikoden (a first for me) and the second was an actual working Aura Interactor for $10 (I had never seen one of these in person before but always wanted one back in the day for my Genesis games).

My wife and I got:

A Knight's Tale (DVD), The Hives (Veni, Vidi, Viscous? cd), Pulp CD (wife is a fan of them), A best of New Order CD, and Pete Yorn music for the mourning after for $4 

picked up a umd carrying case that holds up to 8 umds for $2 and found 3 games in it. the games were harry potter goblet of fire, harry potter order of the phoenix and tomb raider legend

Found at Goodwill Last of Us Remastered donated from Target or whatever their program is for $15

Boxart is fucked, and there's no manual.

And I have no PS4

But why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a Mighty Final Fight yesterday for $35. Great price, but I hesitated, and thus lost out on it 10 minutes later when I returned and it was gone. Though i have plenty of games, the original Nes isnt really my system. Still should not have let that get away.

http://youtu.be/zLqJg9zokeE

Totally forgot to snap a pick this week, but all of it is in the video. The 50 dollar Zelda 3ds system is probably my fav, but some other cool things as well. If you have a chance, check it out, and comment, sub and all that fun

I got a Diablo III Brady games guide for $5 at a goodwill today, it's the PC/Mac version, I'm playing the PS4 version right now so I'm pretty happy to have found it

Haven't went to a Thrift Store in such a long time. Been a while since I had a decent find. Going to Salvation Army tomorrow for a 50% off Everything Sale. Hoping I find something decent.

After checking the same goodwill for
about a month I got mint condition with all original inserts for $3.50[attachment=10597:IMAG0001.jpg][attachment=10598:IMAG0002.jpg]

So went to my Goodwill today and picked up two things.

k2-_653fac14-9aae-41df-bb2c-cbb0bedd9780.v1.jpg

The above works but has stuck buttons, will need to fix that.

I also picked up this BENQ FP547 monitor, if anyone knows the prices of these please let me know. I did a little research and can only find stores selling it for $300. I originally bought it for myself.

benq_fp547.jpg

Note: Images not mine, just stock photos from Google.

So went to my Goodwill today and picked up two things.

The above works but has stuck buttons, will need to fix that.

I also picked up this BENQ FP547 monitor, if anyone knows the prices of these please let me know. I did a little research and can only find stores selling it for $300. I originally bought it for myself.

benq_fp547.jpg

Note: Images not mine, just stock photos from Google.
That monitor is not really worth that, maybe that was the original price when it released

[quote name="tlm455" post="12328358" timestamp="1418608038"]Well, only one site had it with a 25% discount for christmas(of this year) at that $300+. One refurb on Amazon for $100+.[/quote]

Amazon says it was released in 2003. There's no way it's even worth $50

That looks like it tops out at 1024 x 768. If that is the case, I couldn't see it being worth more than $10 on a good day. Does it offer any features a modern monitor lacks?

It must be some kind of rare monitor or something, or a really good quality one that still works good compared to all the new monitors out there. 

That looks like it tops out at 1024 x 768. If that is the case, I couldn't see it being worth more than $10 on a good day. Does it offer any features a modern monitor lacks?
good guess lol it usualy start at $15 on eBay but it never sells and the only higher was like $40 for a brand new in box one

I found a wii microphone and gba.connector 2 player 2.99 and sleeping beauty dvd 2 disc set for my niece. I haven't found much lately.
Most every time I find a good Disney DVD set, either someone already swiped the disc, or its the bonus disc without the main feature.

I haven't been able to stop by a GW in awhile, hopefully I'll get one more decent score before the end of the year.

Mine are usually badly ruined or I hate the movie when I find them. Some Disney movies are lame. FYE down the street sells them for way too much so good day if I find them at goodwill for cheap. I Go To Two Good Wills Like Twice A week. I have a few gba systems why I got the cord. I can only imagine missing out on good games they had the gba advance sp up front in the checker stand.

I really dont even have the urge to stop by Goodwill anymore but im glad I did today. Madcatz 2.4GHz Xbox wireless controller and the plug for $3, PS3 RockBand dongle for $2, and a very clean TI-84 Plus Silver Edition with slip and battery cover for $2. 

edit- Wario came from Target for $8. I have the complete set of figures now.

I had a pretty nice find today:

[attachment=10717:20141218_163107small.jpg]

Everything is mint in boxes with packing, if not new.  Everything was priced between 3 and 7 per piece, but they gave me the whole lot for $30.  I should make a tidy profit on this one.

Gaming stuff, on the other hand, has been drought-worthy.

Correct, and none that I can see.

It must be some kind of rare monitor or something, or a really good quality one that still works good compared to all the new monitors out there.
This is what I thought as well. I did find some forums where most of these monitors had died, but it was an old archive.

good guess lol it usualy start at $15 on eBay but it never sells and the only higher was like $40 for a brand new in box one
Pretty much lol. Just wasn't sure as to the odd prices sites had them listed for.

Thanks for the replys guys! I appreciate it. It's just going to be for my own use :).

Pretty much lol. Just wasn't sure as to the odd prices sites had them listed for.

Thanks for the replys guys! I appreciate it. It's just going to be for my own use :).
Only advice I'd give when looking for price checks is don't check Amazon for a typical sell value. I've seen some bloated listings for uncommon items. eBay's recently sold listings is usually the most reliable I've found, IMO.

Only advice I'd give when looking for price checks is don't check Amazon for a typical sell value. I've seen some bloated listings for uncommon items. eBay's recently sold listings is usually the most reliable I've found, IMO.
I agree, I routinely use eBay to check prices. Never have I used Amazon, I barely buy anything from them as prices are lower elsewhere(for what I want anyways). Occasional deals is the only time I use them.

The only thing I actually wanted for resale was the Buzz Lightyear CD Player.

I agree, I routinely use eBay to check prices. Never have I used Amazon, I barely buy anything from them as prices are lower elsewhere(for what I want anyways). Occasional deals is the only time I use them.

The only thing I actually wanted for resale was the Buzz Lightyear CD Player.
Same here. Never used Amazon to compare prices, because ebay usually has the best prices listed anyways.

20141219_192108.jpg

Goodwill pickups from a few days ago. Advance Warefare was 30 bucks, opened, but the discs look like they weren't even played.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare goes to my daughter for Christmas. Mario and ps1 game 5 bucks a piece, Minecraft torch 4 or

5 bucks and Power Rangers figures 1.99 for both. Oh and gba with frogger game

They caught on at the local GWs with those Minecraft lights. Bought 2 boxed ones for $1 apiece and the next time I saw one it was marked $12. 

Picked up a Sony Minidisc Walkman today with a 1 GB disc in it. $7. If it works I'll turn around and sell it for a little bit.

Also got a BK Star Wars watch sealed for $1. Wasn't sure if it was worth anything but for a buck brand new I figured whatever lol.

20141223_202849.jpg

Local thrift was having a 50% off everything sale, so I had to hit it up. I had work so didn't get there until after 5pm, but still found

some cool stuff. G.I. Joe figures (from 2006) were 5 bucks a piece, down to 2.50 after the discount. Ps1 game and Sonic PC game, 1 dollar each after discount. Ultimate Spiderman ds 1.50 after discount. Game Gear, case and sonic 2 with it, was 14.99, so 7.50 after discount. 3 other game gear games, 1 dollar each after discount.  Oh and nes controller was 3 bucks I think after the discount

bread's done
Back