2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

Here's what I've found over the past week, nothing special. 

PS1 Legacy of Cain Soul Reaver @2

PS1 Coolboarders 4 $2

Xbox Dead Man's Hand $4

Big ass bag of duplos with Thomas Train engines and cars, probably 200 pieces total $5 

Went to Goodwill last night. It looked ransacked. Found a couple of PS2 and Gamecube Games, but they weren't my type nor was I was in the mood to pay 4.99 to 5.99 for them. :lol: There were a couple in the case, but I didn't bother. 

$14.99 is an odd (but still good) price for a GW find of a GB Player disc.  It's obscure and looks common enough that I would expect the $2-4 range by most employees, but if they did check eBay for comparisons, I'm surprised they didn't tag it higher.

I actually picked up a Game Boy Player disc a while back because I thought I still had the actual Game Boy Player unit....I was wrong. If there's any CAGs interested. I have the Game Boy Player disc (with case) available for trade or to purchase. PM me.

Which GW? I have all of the Scene-it games, but no controllers and have been looking for a set.
Unfortunately, I went on the way home from the office and it was not there. You and I are both sad panda now.

Did see a sealed copy of Halo Reach...for 14.99. I. Don't. Think. So.

Paid too much for this ($135), but couldn't pass up H.E.R.O. and they weren't breaking up the set. The Xonox and Spectravision games were a nice bonus as well, as were the manuals.

12697387783_63d55b3235.jpg

Oh yeah, these two gems were included. I expect they will result in many high scores.

12698615884_65440f5c19.jpg

Today I picked up

Funcoland DK64 Funcoland promo VHS $ .99
Gray and green Buzz Lightyear Figure $1.99

Cars Xbox $2.99
Jet Moto 3 PS1 $3.99
GTA 2 Dreamcast (genreric case w/ manual) $ .99
Family Guy PS2 (generic case w/ manual) $1.00
Yakuza 4 PS3 $9.00

Pretty satisfied.

Don't think I did too badly at a charity thrift yesterday:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Original Movie Script (collector's edition) - $2

Ren & Stimpy: Postcards Over the Edge - $1

The Amazing Spiderman Marvel Storybook Collection (hardcover) - $3

Heading out to a couple of GWs today to see what's out there...

Saw a cart only copy of Ducktales 2 today at a goodwill...

Price was only
$200

Last edited by a moderator:
hogansalley.jpg

So I'm all about getting Nes games, especially if they have the box, but $69 bucks for hogan's alley? If it was sealed maybe, and I wouldn't even do that probably, even though it seems to go for alot on Amazon sealed.

I'll post this in contrast ;)

I bought this a couple years ago (I have only posted a few things I found at thrift stores because I am so far behind. The mario bros handheld boxed watch game and the revolver light gun boxed for NES are my finds)

This was also a really early find at SAVERS.

FACTORY SEALED

99 cents.

:bouncy:

Man Hogan's Alley was a badass game.

My friend George traded it to me for a 1992 Fleer Roger Clemens card and $3 I found on the sidewalk when we were walking to his house.

I let me friend borrow it, and he literally destroyed it, he opened it to see what was inside...with a crowbar.

I went to my local thrift store in a long time and they were trying to get rid of a lot of merchandise. Considering it's mainly used by Orthodox Jews, I couldn't find any suits that fit me. In video game terms, I found three Wii Guitar Heroes with dented boxes, two Rock Band Special Editions for PS3. I could've gotten a nice price on those, but I didn't want to carry any of those home.

I found a couple things today.

Naruto Rise of a Ninja for 360 and KOTOR II for the Xbox. A couple bucks each. Both are complete and in pretty nice shape.

Haven't even seen a video game in the last 3 or 4 visits, so glad to see something at least.

I'll post this in contrast ;)

I bought this a couple years ago (I have only posted a few things I found at thrift stores because I am so far behind. The mario bros handheld boxed watch game and the revolver light gun boxed for NES are my finds)

This was also a really early find at SAVERS.

FACTORY SEALED

99 cents.

:bouncy:
Ah when Savers was a nice place to find stuff, now It's littered with copies of Madden and NBA Live for 5.99. oh and of course Hogan's Alley for 69.99....

I hardly ever games at my thrifts, other than those common sports titles. Best thing they've had was an Xbox with controller for 19.99, I think it was missing some connections too. They've also started taking the good finds and putting them into their own glass case to sell, either at value or half. Had to start getting into clothes to make some sort of extra cash.

today wasn't bad at all

grabbed

Star Wars The Force Unleashed PSP Sealed- $2.50

Ash Pokémon figure .90

Glover N64

007 World is not enough N64

Star Wars Battle for naboo N64

Toy Story 2 N64

all as a bundle for 4.50

Been so long since I found anything remotely 'retro' that I was pleasantly surprised to find at my local Goodwill:

all .99 each

Donkey Kong Country Snes

Killer Instinct Snes

Tetris Nes

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Nes

Gyromite Nes

Wild Gunman Nes

Commando Nes

Spelunker Nes

Kung Fu Nes

Spy Hunter Commodore 64 

Buck Rodgers Planet Zoom Commodore 64

Congo Bongo Commodore 64

I think some of the NES games are not even worth the .99 but I cant help myself when they are that cheap.

Been so long since I found anything remotely 'retro' that I was pleasantly surprised to find at my local Goodwill:

I think some of the NES games are not even worth the .99 but I cant help myself when they are that cheap.
I don't blame you, I'd probably buy all of them too for only a buck each. Most of my local GWs have done the "Old is Premium" bit, so most NES games are now behind the glass cases, and usually at least $4-5 regardless of rarity. Nice finds either way, maybe you got lucky with a Gyromite copy that has the Famicom adapter inside.

I would definitely pick up just about any NES cart I would see for .99, well maybe not super mario/duck hunt, those should go the route of the ET atari game...

$3 for the Xbox controller and $20 for the Moga Pro Power controller (I think it was new and they opened it up. Works just fine from the 20 mins I played of Pacman, Into The Dark, and ShadowGun. 

hogansalley.jpg

So I'm all about getting Nes games, especially if they have the box, but $69 bucks for hogan's alley? If it was sealed maybe, and I wouldn't even do that probably, even though it seems to go for alot on Amazon sealed.
damn savers is the same as value village. It really depends on luck and who is pricing.

I got this game this past summer.

null_zpse67a4810.jpg

I had some good luck today, stopped at 2 stores and found a black gamecube with cables for $8 (turns out it boots up but won't play any discs), at the second store I found the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition and Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube $5 each.

interesting stuff this past couple of days.

Stopped by a GW on Wednesday, didn't have anything at first glance. looking again, I found a case with nothing on the spine- pulled it out and boom, its Mario Party 7 for gamecube. No manual, and the insert was folded (hence no spine title), but for 3 bucks I grabbed it.

While checking out, noticed a CE Skyrim guide marked 14.99. great condition, map included. So I said to the cashier I wanted to the know if her manager would sell it to me for a little less. She says she will ask, and goes to get him. He comes out, looks at it and says "we just put it out today. tell ya what- you come back in like 2 weeks and we still have it, I will knock the price down." I said that works for me, and I will be back. So lesson learned- always ask about a lower price.

They also had a Castle Greyskull set with the box for 100 dollars. box was beat to shit.

Today, stopped by the shitty Community Thrift that I found the Lost Odyessy guide last week or so. They had some stuff (!), but all I grabbed was GTA Vice City Stories for $1 and Call of Duty World at War PS2 for a buck- that is sealed! two sealed games at two different stores in one week? crazytown.

this is the best/worst though. before my last client, I stopped by the GW near my bank. Didn't have anything great. Was walking out, and noticed a few figures just sitting on the counter in the middle of the store- One is Vincent Valentine from Advent Children marked 1.99. He had his gun so I picked him up, but the other two I was not sure about who they were (one had a SE trademark, the other a Disney one. Figured one was a joker from a FF game and the other was a KH joker). Told the lady I will research and come back if I want them. Well, I did and the KH one was Axel- which has a pretty descent value :drool:  Went back after work, the store closed at 5. So I will be going back tomorrow to pick them up. Really kicking my ass over not buying all of them

interesting stuff this past couple of days.

Stopped by a GW on Wednesday, didn't have anything at first glance. looking again, I found a case with nothing on the spine- pulled it out and boom, its Mario Party 7 for gamecube. No manual, and the insert was folded (hence no spine title), but for 3 bucks I grabbed it.

While checking out, noticed a CE Skyrim guide marked 14.99. great condition, map included. So I said to the cashier I wanted to the know if her manager would sell it to me for a little less. She says she will ask, and goes to get him. He comes out, looks at it and says "we just put it out today. tell ya what- you come back in like 2 weeks and we still have it, I will knock the price down." I said that works for me, and I will be back. So lesson learned- always ask about a lower price.

They also had a Castle Greyskull set with the box for 100 dollars. box was beat to shit.

Today, stopped by the shitty Community Thrift that I found the Lost Odyessy guide last week or so. They had some stuff (!), but all I grabbed was GTA Vice City Stories for $1 and Call of Duty World at War PS2 for a buck- that is sealed! two sealed games at two different stores in one week? crazytown.

this is the best/worst though. before my last client, I stopped by the GW near my bank. Didn't have anything great. Was walking out, and noticed a few figures just sitting on the counter in the middle of the store- One is Vincent Valentine from Advent Children marked 1.99. He had his gun so I picked him up, but the other two I was not sure about who they were (one had a SE trademark, the other a Disney one. Figured one was a joker from a FF game and the other was a KH joker). Told the lady I will research and come back if I want them. Well, I did and the KH one was Axel- which has a pretty descent value :drool: Went back after work, the store closed at 5. So I will be going back tomorrow to pick them up. Really kicking my ass over not buying all of them
Dang, seems you have pretty decent thrifts around you though. Will appreciate pics of those figures if you do pick them up.

Was able to go today and picked up only two items.

Official True Fan Marlins Vest

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Button Up Shirt

Yeah, I'd love to see pics of those figures if you get them Masa. Good finds though regardless. I may go to a couple thrift stores tomorrow morning.

Dang, seems you have pretty decent thrifts around you though. Will appreciate pics of those figures if you do pick them up.

Was able to go today and picked up only two items.

Official True Fan Marlins Vest

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Button Up Shirt

Yeah, I'd love to see pics of those figures if you get them Masa. Good finds though regardless. I may go to a couple thrift stores tomorrow morning.
most certainly, always feel like I cheat the community by not doing that. I will snap some over the weekend (at least of Mr. Valentine, whom is chilling next to my router/PS3). It is so strange, I never had the absolute greatest luck with thrift stores in the last 2 years or so, but since January it has been fricking really lucky ducks for me. I recently started working with a client where the nanny resells purses and clothes that clued me into the GW that has had a lot of the stuff (figures from today for example). it is the smallest GW I have ever been in and is in a really affluent area of town (Steelers and Penguins live in this area), and I can just spend 5 minutes there to see if there is anything good or not, so there is that element of a quick trip.

Wish me luck!

it is the smallest GW I have ever been in and is in a really affluent area of town (Steelers and Penguins live in this area), and I can just spend 5 minutes there to see if there is anything good or not, so there is that element of a quick trip.
Oh yeah, I know that one... it's on... crap, I forget the street name. What was it again? ;)

Oh yeah, I know that one... it's on... crap, I forget the street name. What was it again? ;)
Isn't it on McKnight, but way up by Wexford? (Technically, Perry Hwy, but right after where the two merge?)

Today's GW pick-ups:

wired white gh guitar(Xbox 360)-$7
white GC memory card(1019)-$2
Sega Dreamcast Black Sports Edition with cords-$10
Ps3 gh drum wireless adapter(95481.806)-$2
Ps3 gh guitar wireless adapter(95451.806)-$2(currently going for about $40 on ebay)

http://imgur.com/FZBf25M

Snagged these today at a Flea Market after work. Got em both for a total of $5. That Super Castlevania is beat to crap though, it's gonna need some TLC. I'm aware of the cover project, but doesn anyone know how to reprint the labels and what kinda of paper to use?

Found an original Xbox with a Duke and an off brand controller for $99.99 WHAT A STEAL
I love it when I see PS1's in the Goodwill glass case with some crazy $24.99 or higher price tag. They end up sitting in there for weeks until they finally wise up and throw it in the electronics section for $4.99 (where it sits for another two weeks).

And then, a month later, another PS1 is in the glass case and the cycle begins again.

So true, the GW near me has 2 that have been in tr electronics area for a week, $5, I'm waiting for the half price sale to grab them since for some reason I don't have a ps1 in my collection.

Had a pretty nice trip to our GW today myself.  They had a plastic bag of SNES games, 26 games for $26.  Without even looking at them (since it was in the glass case) I asked them to hold it for me.  After getting it home and going through it, among the random sports titles and action games were a copy of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, either of which more than paid for the whole bag.  

Also picked up a Sega CD/Genesis 2/32X system at the same store for $10.  It had all but the link cable between the 32X and the Genesis and the Sega CD power cord.  I pulled the missing cords out of my collection and everything tested out fine.  The cords it came with alone were worth the $10 and it even came with Sonic 1 and Sonic CD to boot!

Nice find! I never have much luck with SNES games, would love to find a big bag like that! And can't beat that price either!

bread's done
Back