2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

I have been finding a lot of genesis stuff lately.

Today:

Herzog zwei(complete)-$4 (was surprised to see that it goes for $40+ on ebay)

Yesterday:

Rocket Knight Adventures(game only)-$3

Cadash(game only)-$5

some other games

Power Clutch SG Asciiware(somewhat like a fight pad)-$5

Genesis 16 bit with cords-$15

my find for today

snatcher complete for 3.99

2E24035D-0E69-FD68-EB9D445065FBEE47.png

Yeah, this 100%. But the rule is, at least it used to be, if you don't want your shit messed with, throw a blanket over it. If the cart is there unattended and uncovered, it's fair game. But I'd still be leery as there are some fuck ing psychos that shop there.

That said, that is another reason I stopped going there. It got so bad with people hoarding carts that the last few times I went before saying " fuck it" was I had to wait 15-20 minutes to get a damn cart. They were all parked along the wall with blankets on them. People had 5+ carts each, and that's bullshit.
believe me, I am the last person to be a straight dick to someone, especially in an area like that. But the cart was just sitting there, nobody around at all. I even waited and kind of hovered around the general area (kind of circled half the store) and nobody came around in about a 5 minute span. So I jumped on it.

I have had people try to snag stuff from me in the past, so the last thing I would want to do is act that way towards others.

I have been finding a lot of genesis stuff lately.

Today:

Herzog zwei(complete)-$4 (was surprised to see that it goes for $40+ on ebay)

Yesterday:

Rocket Knight Adventures(game only)-$3

Cadash(game only)-$5

some other games

Power Clutch SG Asciiware(somewhat like a fight pad)-$5

Genesis 16 bit with cords-$15
if I could find a case and manual for my copy of Cadash, I might die

Been having a bit of a dry spell, picked up the CD-ROM PC version of The Adventures of Willy Beamish for $2, which surprised me because I only remember the Sega CD version. This was the same GW I found DOTT earlier this year.
I remember when I was way young, my dad and I went to an Electronics Boutique in a mall and I "helped" him decide that was a game we should get. Was a good alternative since I did not have a Sega CD at the time.

I miss those days (and my dad in general). He was really into the Sierra games like Kings Quest, Space Quest, Phantasmagoria (that the title I think) etc. I remember we would go through the code books with the red decoder after not being able to figure out certain sections. Good times.

believe me, I am the last person to be a straight dick to someone, especially in an area like that. But the cart was just sitting there, nobody around at all. I even waited and kind of hovered around the general area (kind of circled half the store) and nobody came around in about a 5 minute span. So I jumped on it.

I have had people try to snag stuff from me in the past, so the last thing I would want to do is act that way towards others.
Like I said, they were in their car. :)

They were waiting for "new" tables to come out.

Went into a pawn shop that I frequent and immediately spotted a rack of SNES games priced at five bucks a pop. Ended up with three coveted titles (Ninja Warriors, Demon's Crest, and Captain Commando) and some trade bait. Not sure why I picked up the Mario World, though. 

Like I said, they were in their car. :)

They were waiting for "new" tables to come out.
If they aren't in the store it's free game. You don't leave your stuff unattended if you want it. If they wanted to wait why not just go ahead and buy the stuff and then wait

jc6h.jpg

Got above games a few days ago for $5.99 each.

Some games below @ my local GW that I passed on:

8zw8.jpg

uqgg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they aren't in the store it's free game. You don't leave your stuff unattended if you want it. If they wanted to wait why not just go ahead and buy the stuff and then wait
Because at the Goodwill outlets, you pay by the pound, which is on a tiered rate. At 50lbs, you get the cheapest rate, and most people will hold out until they reach it, which may take a few hours and a few table changes.

I've left carts before in order to run over to get lunch, and this is a common thing at that place. But the problem here, and this is a lesson learned for the person that left their cart, is they left their cart unattended and uncovered, and that makes it fair game. If it's covered with a blanket/sheet/whatever, it's off limits.

Had a really good day today. Happened to be in my old area and this just makes me miss it more lol.

X-Files (ps1) 1.99

Xtreme G 3 (gc) 2.99

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (Wii) 2.99

Super Star Wars (Snes) 4.99

Crystalis (Nes) 5.99

Pokemon Y (3ds) 9.99

Fire Emblem Awakening (3ds) 9.99

Then at a Half Price Books

Destruction Derby Arenas (Ps2) 2.00

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2 (Ps2) 14.99

SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium (Neo Geo Pocket Color) 9.99

Pretty happy with these. Overpaid slightly on Super Star Wars but I hadn't seen a Snes game at a thrift store in forever. They also had a Game Boy Printer... for 20 and a Game Gear with battery pack... for 30.

What sp00ge said. And also, if people would pay after hitting 50 pounds, they don't want to risk not finding another 50 pounds of stuff after a table change and having to pay the higher tier.

Just to be clear, I'm not condemning Masa. I don't even like the "covered == off limits" rule. I'm just saying. :D

Yup, the Palatine Savers. Was out that way and stopped. I have had no luck lately but got lucky today.

Ngpc are carts. I've seen them in the wild a couple of times but its rare. I have a nice collection for it but its mostly from online.

Went into a pawn shop that I frequent and immediately spotted a rack of SNES games priced at five bucks a pop. Ended up with three coveted titles (Ninja Warriors, Demon's Crest, and Captain Commando) and some trade bait. Not sure why I picked up the Mario World, though.

Wait, Captain Commando is coveted? GODDAMMIT!

I sold that shit to Gamestop years ago with the rest of my SNES suff. I had a complete mint copy of it. fuck I was such a dumbass 10 years ago. I'd have all kinds of dough now.

Today's goodwill pick-ups:

2 ps3 move navigation controllers(new) -$7 each
Ps1 resident evil 3 nemesis -$2
Xbox 360 power brick -$5
The Sims 3 strategy guide -$0.20
Ps1 CTR(complete)-$2
Ps1 Game of Life(complete)-$2
Xbox 360 guitar hero wireless drum set-$5

My brother also found a ps2 slim with cords/controller/memory card for $15.

What sp00ge said. And also, if people would pay after hitting 50 pounds, they don't want to risk not finding another 50 pounds of stuff after a table change and having to pay the higher tier.

Just to be clear, I'm not condemning Masa. I don't even like the "covered == off limits" rule. I'm just saying. :D
I wouldn't have even touched it if it was covered. Hell, I wouldn't have even seen it lol.

Thanks for the tip though sp00ge, I didn't know about the "cover it up" thing. Next time I go, I will pay attention to it. Like I said though, I am the last person that would try and be a dick to someone like that.

I sold that shit to Gamestop years ago with the rest of my SNES suff. I had a complete mint copy of it. fuck I was such a dumbass 10 years ago. I'd have all kinds of dough now.
you weren't the only one, i sold my final fight 3 and megaman x1 and x2 for a mere $13.something, and you know what i bought with that a used copy of onimusha for the ps2.

Only if we stopped ourselves from selling our beloved and now expensive games. I could still have my FE: Path of Radiance and Zoids: Legends with me right now. :(

Only if we stopped ourselves from selling our beloved and now expensive games. I could still have my FE: Path of Radiance and Zoids: Legends with me right now. :(
Don't get me started on the Genesis games I sold....

lets just say, Gaires, I will never find you again

you weren't the only one, i sold my final fight 3 and megaman x1 and x2 for a mere $13.something, and you know what i bought with that a used copy of onimusha for the ps2.
I remember exactly what I got the day I offloaded my SNES stuff. A sub to Edge (whatever PUR was back then), Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica PS2 (still haven't finished it), and a brand new copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. All in all it was probably a pretty decent trade. I had the Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger on the Playstation, and I never figured I'd want to play Super Metroid, LttP, and Mario again.

Yes, I bought all that crap again when it hit Virtual Console.

Oh the nes and original gameboy games that I got rid of as a kid. The nes stuff was over a move, and left 50 plus games or so(also a whole tub of turtles, he-man figures, voltron etc.). Gameboy stuff I either traded in, sold or whatever to support my little comic book  addiction as a child(valiant comics anyone?). I also remember selling my ps2 collection(a ton of rpg's) to pick up christmas gifts for the family and friends one year. At least that one, I enjoyed peoples reaction to their gifts

After seeing the Snatcher find and a few others I decided to hit the local Savers. Now I remember why I never go.

Picked up a complete longbox PS1 Warhawk for $3 at Goodwill.  Dont normally see longbox games.

not really a thrift store find, but Harrison's Comics (small game/comic store in NH/MA) had a 50% off storewide sale today.  Got a play arts Batman figure, limited edition Darth Vader bobblehead, Nintendo Monopoly, a Nick Fury Funko, and a Game of Thrones pint glass for $77 altogether.  Pretty pleased with that.

I didn't realize immediately, either - just remembered the name and saw Capcom, and decided that it was worth the risk. Last three copies that sold on Ebay fetched 50-60 bucks a piece. Mine's going into the collection - there's enough left in the lot to get a return on the initial investment.

Games were $3 apiece, Sega GT 2002/JSRF is complete. No booklet for JE. They were both in cracked cases but the girl at the checkout let me swap the artwork with 2 Xbox sports games that they had behind the counter and were putting in the cd binder. Now they have very nice cases.

Xbox One Play and Charge Kit was $13. Its still sealed. 

I swear someone tried to hide some Dreamcast games today.  They were behind a stack of 45s.  If you see this, I hope you like the couple I left you. :)

I swear someone tried to hide some Dreamcast games today. They were behind a stack of 45s. If you see this, I hope you like the couple I left you. :)
what did you steal from me find?

I actually bought a Dreamcast on Monday (no cords or anything, but looks clean so I gave it a shot). Gonna test it tomorrow.

Today, I was stopped before class and found a CIB copy of Lillehammer 94 for Mega Drive/Genesis. It looks like it has never been played. Even has some "Limited Edition" booklet with it that has a history of the Winter Olympics as well as some info about the 94 games in Norway. Pretty neat, and very topical since, you know, Olympics are on.

Also found a GH copy of MGS for PS1. No manual, but the disc are great. Classic game I could not pass on.

Decided to stop by my local thrift store on a wim while going to get a haircut. Found a N64 with cords and controller. Also found a copy of Mario Kart 64, Monster Truck Madness 64 and WCW Nitro. Got it all for $3 total and finally I have a n64 controller with a working joystick. Now I just need to get some more n64 games :D

what did you steal from me find?
:lol:

I left

Some sports games

Web Browser 2.0

Tomb Raider: Chronicles (I think)

Atari Anniversary Edition

Empty case to Atari Anniversary Edition

Empty case to Sonic Adventure

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (I'm not a monster... also, I had no interest in it and only checked amazon for it's value... probably would've grabbed it had I checked ebay)

I got

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Shuffle

Time Stalkers

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

NIB Blue VMU

"New" (not sealed but looks perfect) boxed controller

I was a little surprised that I couldn't find a Dreamcast anywhere. I suppose it could've came out later.

Decided to stop by my local thrift store on a wim while going to get a haircut. Found a N64 with cords and controller. Also found a copy of Mario Kart 64, Monster Truck Madness 64 and WCW Nitro. Got it all for $3 total and finally I have a n64 controller with a working joystick. Now I just need to get some more n64 games :D
$3 total is awesome, was it a bundle or were they priced individually? Unless you meant you got them all for $30 total, which would make more sense (and make me less jealous).

I got

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Shuffle

Time Stalkers

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

NIB Blue VMU

"New" (not sealed but looks perfect) boxed controller

I was a little surprised that I couldn't find a Dreamcast anywhere. I suppose it could've came out later.
now those are some games. Timestalkers is fantastic and underrated. LOK games are always a good time in my opinion. Blue VMU= smiles in my book.

But what the hell is Sonic Shuffle?

Sometimes I ask if there are a bunch of games with no system or a system with no games if they could look in the back. never had any luck, but I figure whats the worst they could say. Maybe you should check back in a day or so.

Now I want to play Timestalkers....

But what the hell is Sonic Shuffle?
Basically Sonic (Mario) Party... or in my case... maybe $10 once I sell it. :lol:

And I got Time Stalkers because I swear I saw a review of some sort about it recently, but can't find it, so obviously I'm just senile.

I'm not sure why I got Soul Reaver... Don't get me wrong, I loves me some LoK games, but on PC. I think I was still running off the high of finding an Omnichord OM-84 for $8 earlier in the day. :D I wish I were musically inclined, it's pretty freaking cool to mess around with.

$3 total is awesome, was it a bundle or were they priced individually? Unless you meant you got them all for $30 total, which would make more sense (and make me less jealous).
nope $3 total for the whole lot. This place doesn't really price things out. It's mostly people throwing out prices out of their head. I hot a copy of LTTP for fifty cents not too long ago from there. In fact this is the second 64 I bought from there and it was $5. Main reason I got this was for mario kart and that I was missing cables

Basically Sonic (Mario) Party... or in my case... maybe $10 once I sell it. :lol:

And I got Time Stalkers because I swear I saw a review of some sort about it recently, but can't find it, so obviously I'm just senile.

I'm not sure why I got Soul Reaver... Don't get me wrong, I loves me some LoK games, but on PC. I think I was still running off the high of finding an Omnichord OM-84 for $8 earlier in the day. :D I wish I were musically inclined, it's pretty freaking cool to mess around with.
Nice! I found a perfectly working Omnichord 200m for $12 at Salvation Army back in 2011. I couldn't believe how much it was worth! I really like obscure instruments, but at the time I really needed the money. I sold it to some guy in France for a few hundred dollars (can't remember the exact amount).

I think at the time I found it, some band had just put out a relatively popular song featuring the instrument - so prices were driven up a bit by that.

My finds today:

Went to Savers for the first time ever and found a boxed copy of Kiwi Kraze for the NES for 2.99, I thought that was pretty cool but I couldn't open it until I left the store since it was in a bag on the hangers. Inside it was a copy of Thrilla's Surfari instead of the game. Bummer but ill take it.

At Goodwill 1 I found a Spider-Man and a Thor Funko bobble head for $1 a piece.

Goodwill 2 had a copy of :360: Fable Anniversary (dinger) for 14.99, and :pS4: NBA2K14 for $29.99. I was pretty pumped to see Fable, and NBA was cool because I only have BF4 so far for the PS4.

My finds today:

Went to Savers for the first time ever and found a boxed copy of Kiwi Kraze for the NES for 2.99, I thought that was pretty cool but I couldn't open it until I left the store since it was in a bag on the hangers. Inside it was a copy of Thrilla's Surfari instead of the game. Bummer but ill take it.

At Goodwill 1 I found a Spider-Man and a Thor Funko bobble head for $1 a piece.

Goodwill 2 had a copy of :360: Fable Anniversary (dinger) for 14.99, and :ps4: NBA2K14 for $29.99. I was pretty pumped to see Fable, and NBA was cool because I only have BF4 so far for the PS4.
good scores. I wish the GW around here still did the target thang.

I would still take a boxed NES game without the correct game for that price.

There's a city near me that has a goodwill and a Salvation Army. It seems that target splits between both places. Unfortunately Salvation Army marks things just a little too high for me. Today I saw a stack of vita mem cards, a wii Disney infinity starter set, bio shock infinite, AC IV, and a few other recent titles. Just too much for me to spend though.

After a long dry spell over the holidaze, it finally broke tonight when I stopped by a Goodwill I'd given up on.  Found .Hack parts 1 - 4 with the DVDS for $2 each.  Parts one and two don't have manuals (I do have a spare manual for part 2 from my yard sale hauls last summer), but the biggest problem is that all the discs are scratched to some extent.  Most should clean up well, but a couple might have to be resurfaced.  Not going to complain for the price I paid.

bread's done
Back