2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

Saw some SNES games for the first time this year at a Goodwill a few days ago...........Madden and NHL 94......they were actually gone today! They had an OUYA in the glasscase.......still passed on it @ $50. I think id pay $20 for one. 

Nothing much, Got :pc: Far Cry 1 for $2 complete.

Also saw an Ouya (idk the price), NBA 2k14 for XBONED (19.99) and a used Kinect....FOR $99.99!.

What do you guys think about this lot? (I think we need a thread to ask questions like this. The "should I buy this?" thread)

I think can get it for $75.

I have never owned a wii, so I am not sure if it is missing the AV hookup or the sensor?

wii console

SMBros wii

SPaperM

SMGalaxy

Kirby Yarn

Luigi Mans (gc)

Sunshine (GC)

ryekUCT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think about this lot? (I think we need a thread to ask questions like this. The "should I buy this?" thread)

I have never owned a wii, so I am not sure if it is missing the AV hookup or the sensor?

wii console

SMBros wii

SPaperM

SMGalaxy

Kirby Yarn

Luigi Mans (gc)

Sunshine (GC)

ryekUCT.jpg
In my opinion, I would get it myself just for Mansion and Sunshine. The Wii seems to be all there. But are you paying $75 for just what you listed? Or everything in the picture?

everything in the pic. I was trying to list it out, but I figured the pic was better. ;) Is there anything I can check to see if the console is banned or jailbroken?

everything in the pic. I was trying to list it out, but I figured the pic was better. ;) Is there anything I can check to see if the console is banned or jailbroken?
Try and haggle a bit lower than $75 just to see if you can get it for less. Few games with no original cases/Wii door is missing(where the memory card is)? You could probably sell those skylanders figures as well and get some of your money back. Unless you plan on keeping it all lol.

Sorry, I know nothing on banned or jailbroken Wii's. Wii's online gets cut in May though, just an FYI.

I would ask if the wii has been softmodded, a simple power on menu test would be sufficient to check for that. Personally I don't care for softmodded Wii's (you can do more with them that way, but if you accidentally update your Wii it can cause problems), so if you are plunking down that much cash, I would ask first.

As far as the price, it's not a bad deal in itself, definitely for Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine, though check if the remotes are either the standard or the Motion Plus type (they look standard to me though). Not really necessary for most games, but something to keep in mind if you do plan on keeping it and playing Skyward Sword and / or Wii Sports Resort eventually. There are others that require it, but those are the most popular, also still supported for new Wii U games.

By the way, I would think a better spot for this post would be a new thread in the Deal Requests and Advice section of the website.

wii console

SMBros wii

SPaperM

SMGalaxy

Kirby Yarn

Luigi Mans (gc)

Sunshine (GC)

ryekUCT.jpg
As tim said, those gamecube games alone would make me get the deal. And yeah definitely looks like all the wires/sensor things are there. And if you don't dig the wii, always people looking for one, so you could definitely recoup a good portion of your investment

I'm pretty sure it can't get banned like a 360, but it's pretty easy to softmod one.

That game selection screams kid's system to me, so probably not softmodded. Plus people usually want more for those and it usually has an external hard drive somewhere.

As tim said, those gamecube games alone would make me get the deal. And yeah definitely looks like all the wires/sensor things are there. And if you don't dig the wii, always people looking for one, so you could definitely recoup a good portion of your investment
Or trade it to gamestop for ~$40. (if you can find a replacement for what appears to be a missing port cover.

Oh yeah, I know that one... it's on... crap, I forget the street name. What was it again? ;)

Isn't it on McKnight, but way up by Wexford? (Technically, Perry Hwy, but right after where the two merge?)
lol, yea... the one next to NA High school in wexford, before the road splits. Don't do what I did on Saturday, which was in a completely illness induced state attempt to go to that small ass store. I drove 25 minutes there and wouldn't ya know, the figures were gone. :wall:

seriously, the store was open for 1 hour after I left on Friday and for 3 hours before I got there on Saturday. Someone was very happy, and it wasn't me. Lesson learned, by the whole lot if the price is right...

still happy with the Vincent figure though. will get a pic up tomorrow or next time I post a thrift pick up

Thanks for the info guys, I asked here because I knew I could get a response quickly. I will use the forum in the future (didn't know it existed). I messaged the guy to ask about the motion and if all of the games are working. I have a feeling they are scratched to hell, but as long as they work I will make an offer. He originally wanted $150 and I got him down to $75, but I may say $60 after he gets back to me.

Found a few toys and plush worth reselling today, but my happy find was a Kindle Fire w/ charger, anti-glare protector and case for $15.  It's the first-edition, so it's nothing special, but works just fine and is in perfect condition.  Now my fiance has a regular Kindle Keyboard for daytime/outdoor reading and a Fire for dark/night reading.  

Found a few toys and plush worth reselling today, but my happy find was a Kindle Fire w/ charger, anti-glare protector and case for $15. It's the first-edition, so it's nothing special, but works just fine and is in perfect condition. Now my fiance has a regular Kindle Keyboard for daytime/outdoor reading and a Fire for dark/night reading.
Wow... Wonder how that made it through.

The Goodwill I frequent most in your district has one of those crappy pandigital tablets for $100(!!!) that's been sitting there for at least a few weeks.

so here is some stuff I picked up today before class (plus the Vincent figure from last week). sorry for the crappy pic.

the games are WarioLand 1 2 and 3 plus Mario 2 6 Golden coins. The cds are Full Metal Alchemist Soundtracks 1 2 and 3 plus Samurai Champloo

all this was 25 bucks (including Vincent from last week) after discount and taxes. I left behind a FMA manga (volume 15) SC VOlume 1 DVD, and the Cowboy Bebop series volume 1-6 on individual dvds (would have bought the box set but wasn't worth the money to me as single dvds) and the Cowboy Bebop Movie.

I would've loved to find Cowboy Bebop. I haven't watched any of it in YEARS. It's honestly the only anime I've ever really enjoyed, aside from Lupin the Third and Akira.

The past few days I got

Ps1 system in box (console and av cords only) $20

GameCube: Pokemon battle colosseum bonus disc $3

Wii sports $3

Nes: super mario bros 3 $4

Ps1: air combat $2

Ps2: gran turismo 3 $2

I would've loved to find Cowboy Bebop. I haven't watched any of it in YEARS. It's honestly the only anime I've ever really enjoyed, aside from Lupin the Third and Akira.
yea, I always liked the series as well. but I figured that someone else could enjoy it since I have seen it all and don't have space or time to watch it again.

may go pick up the movie if it is still there though. Boy, do I need to watch Akira again. Top shelf stuff

Update, the guy with the wii was a scammer. He is the 2nd reseller I have had to deal with who was just trying to see what I would pay for stuff that he already bought.

Haven't posted many finds recently (because I haven't found all that much) though here's what I've picked up in the past couple of weeks:

Radiata Stories was $4, Active Life Explorer was $4, Uno (1979 edition, sealed) was $2, Spot Goes to Hollywood was $1, Frogger 2 $3, and Croc $1.50.

12999287895_9688277de4_z.jpg

Haven't posted many finds recently (because I haven't found all that much) though here's what I've picked up in the past couple of weeks:

Radiata Stories was $4, Active Life Explorer was $4, Uno (1979 edition, sealed) was $2, Spot Goes to Hollywood was $1, Frogger 2 $3, and Croc $1.50.

Active Life Explorer looks like The Best Game Of All Time

Active Life Explorer looks like The Best Game Of All Time
It will give you a boner.

Is Radiata Stories that game with like 300 characters or something? I kept wanting to try it, but the more I read about it, the worst it sounded.

Spot goes to Hollywood sounds like it could be a gem as well.

It will give you a boner.

Is Radiata Stories that game with like 300 characters or something? I kept wanting to try it, but the more I read about it, the worst it sounded.

Spot goes to Hollywood sounds like it could be a gem as well.
LIke, LOOK AT THE COVER!!! LOOK AT IT!!!!! THATS INSANELY EXCITED HAPPINESS (usually attributed to Prozac)

Active LIfe Explorer, followed by its lesser know sequel "Lethargic Death Observer" and "Passive Birth Participant"

Tell me you wouldn't immediately buy that game. I won't believe you

Seems like I havent found anything in forever.......its only been a little over a week in reality! I saw a 3rd party SNES controller, Monopoly SNES, Madden something SNES on a shelf so I start looking for a console. No luck. But I did find this in a bin for only $2. (controllers werent included, already had those!)

Another day, another good find.  

New and sealed Nerf Hailfire for $5.  Selling for about $45 on Amazon, but I'm tempted to keep it and add it to my already out-of-hand Nerf arsenal.

Also picked up a Tiger Baseball handheld for .99 and a Cars Race-O-Rama Lights and Sounds Sheriff (used, but works) for 1.99.

Good finds guy. Another strikeout for me. At least the pawn shops are being extra kind to me these days. I can only hope Thrift shops pick up when yard sale season comes around.

I also forgot to mention that I saw the case for Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GC and got excited.  Picked it up and case was already open and the fuck ing disc was gone.  What a friggin' idiot, whoever stole that instead of paying the $3 to have it complete.  Cheapest price on Amazon is $60.  Complete is worth even more.   :wall:

I also forgot to mention that I saw the case for Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GC and got excited. Picked it up and case was already open and the fuck ing disc was gone. What a friggin' idiot, whoever stole that instead of paying the $3 to have it complete. Cheapest price on Amazon is $60. Complete is worth even more. :wall:
You should've just bought the case. You could've made money on that alone.

The thrift stores around here still don't have much of anything right now, especially if its gaming related. If they do, mostly overpriced consoles.

My best find recently wasn't even at a thrift, a re-sealed steelbook of Resident Evil Degeneration at Dollar General for $6. 

CIMG1953.jpg

Finds at the local thrifts in the last week or so:

Rune Factory ds  4.99

Simpsons Hit and Run PS2 4.99

Dark Cloud PS2 4.99

Pitball PS1 4.99

Resistance 2 Booklet .99

Star Wars IV collectors boxers originally 3.99, half off 1.99

A Christmas Story boxers in can 5.99, half off 2.99

And my favorite find, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack for 1.99

All games complete, soundtrack has a crack on the front case and a few scratches on the back, but insert and cd are flawless

Today's goodwill pick-ups:

-Forza 5(Xbox One)(Def Salv Target)(doesn't look to of been used)-$30
-Just Dance 2014(Xbox one)(def Salv target)(doesn't look to of been used)-$20
-N4S Carbon(Wii)(complete)-$5
-2 dreamcast controllers-$2/each

I'm happy I stopped at this goodwill(almost didn't), and i just got an Xbox one on craigslist yesterday, so now I have a total of 3 games for it.

I think that Resistance 2 book came from the Collector's Edition if I remember correctly (I have it somewhere in my closet).

bread's done
Back