2014 Yardsale thread

Here's the gaming stuff I bought today

Game Boy Micro and Pokemon Fire Red- $35

-Can you replace the covers for these? the screen area has some light scratches.

Red Nintendo DS Lite bundle- $18

zh5vy8u.jpg

M2jcUUy.jpg

Here's the gaming stuff I bought today

Game Boy Micro and Pokemon Fire Red- $35

-Can you replace the covers for these? the screen area has some light scratches.

Red Nintendo DS Lite bundle- $18
Yes, as a matter of fact you can. From what I understand, it is a lot easier than replacing a DS outer-case. Check ebay for the covers.

I did okay today:

Mario Kart Wii: $5.00

Mega Man Plush: $1.00

Crash Bandicoot Mind over Mutant: $3.00 (360)

Xbox 360 Force Feedback Wheel (official one): $10.00 (these apparently sell for quite a bit, missing the desk mount and power cord but the cord should be cheap and can use with batteries anyway)

Not amazing but quite solid. Also grabbed a couple of cheap DVDs and a Calvin and Hobbes book
Just be aware that the force feedback only works if it's plugged in.

Couldn't fall back asleep, so I have been up since 6 am. No new sales listed though. doh!

Might as well make a post.

This post will complete my 2012 season. yay!

Sorry for non matching backgrounds, some of this stuff got shuffled when I moved ;)

8-1-12

I was supposed to buy a boxed sega saturn from these people. We couldn't agree on a price. He wanted $80 for a boxed (beat up box) saturn and 6 games. One of them was Panzer Dragoon. If they would have budged on price I would have picked it up.

gaming mags 50 cents each (more than I would normally pay, but I wanted to see the saturn still at this point and I didn't want to lowball too much).

$4 SNES Illusion of Gaia

The highlights of the lot. Early game informer issues.

:bouncy:

more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I'll be able to yard sale anymore due to my work schedule...we will see. Maybe next weekend but that might be it for me this season! :( 

Don't know if I'll be able to yard sale anymore due to my work schedule...we will see. Maybe next weekend but that might be it for me this season! :(
Bad news: Looks like I'm going to have to give up Saturdays until August.
Good news: I have to give up Saturdays because both my daughters made the local swim team.

The swimmers have to be at the meets at 7. This is my usual start time so no go for awhile. I'm okay with this as my daughters are more important than stuff. Good luck today. I slept in today as the sales were lacking and I stayed up too late gaming.

Not a super great weekend, but a couple pretty good gaming finds:

Stopped at a sale and there were a whole bunch of 360 sports games, and a couple CoD/Halo games all marked for $4.  Then my wife spotted a small Gamecube disc case marked $15.  I opened it up and in it were the following games inside:

WWE Day of Reckoning

WWE Wrestlemania X8

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Party 7

Mario Kart Double Dash

Animal Crossing

Super Smash Bros Melee

and 2 memory cards.

Asked $10 and he accepted.

And I surprising found a sale with a few NES/SNES games today.

NES Super Mario Bros 3

NES Bomberman

NES Adventure Island 2

SNES Mortal Kombat 2

SNES Mortal Kombat 3

SNES Ballz

SNES Super Caeser's Palace

SNES Super Mario Kart

$1 each.  Needed all but Mario 3 and Mario Kart for my collection.  I always consider it a great day if I find something to add to my NES collection

Had pretty good day today, though it started rough.

1. Drove 40 minutes to two neighborhood sales in an area I scored big in last year ($1 1st party Gamecube games and boxed Pokemon games). Got to the neighborhood sales and it turned out to be 4 families by the highway with a table of stuff each. No games. Bah. Hit the surrounding areas asking about games only to find that people had already been through asking about games. Eldersburg, MD, you are dead to me.

2. Headed back into Baltimore City and hit up a church sale in my neighborhood. Scored DDR Max, Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed, and FFXI Vana'diel Collection 2008 for $1 each.

3. Hit a sale downtown that advertised a Wii and games. Picked up a complete Wii, extra controllers, sports attachments, 3 DDR games, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Donkey Kong Country Returns for $45, plus a bunch of free baby stuff they threw at me when they heard I've got a kid due in a few weeks.

4. Hit a sale near a house where I picked up a bunch of $1 SNES games a little while ago. They had a sign out front about a pinball machine so I asked about it. They mentioned they were looking for $1200 for it, way out of my price range, but I started talking about someone at MAGFest maybe being interested in it. At this point, the owner's daughter mentions having been to MAGFest and having her own cache of games she should probably let go of. She brings out a tub with an original Gameboy, a Gameboy Pocket, a PS2, and Dreamcast with a bunch of games for each. Not wanting to be greedy (as someone who attaches a lot of feelings to his games I understand her not wanting to let them go) I cherry pick Soul Calibur for Dreamcast, Gauntlet Dark Legacy for PS2, Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright, Super Mario Land 2, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow. She offers them to me for $20 and I snapped it up. Also turns out the woman's boyfriend writes for Polygon, which is pretty cool. We exchange info and I go along my merry way.

5. Hit up one last sale while dropping off my buddy and grabbed a couple of parenting books and Big Brain Academy for the Wii for $3.

So yeah, a rough start that ended with some great finds. Also, I really just need to stick to Baltimore City. I think everyone from outside the city is to afraid to hunt here, so I'm the only looking for games. I can easily come back here at 10 or 11 and still find good games unsold.

Non-yardsale but still cool: Hit up a Goodwill on my way back and grabbed Metroid Prime 3 for $2. Woo!

[attachment=5373:5-24_02.jpg]

First find of the day. Disney Infinity starter kit for Wii. Asking price was $20, paid $15. It's missing...I think the power disc? I don't know if that's actually needed, maybe someone can educate me. Everything else is there.

[attachment=5374:5-24_01.jpg]

A pleasant surprise from the last sale I stopped at, $5 for this complete slim PS2. The clear controller is cool too.

[attachment=5375:5-24_03.jpg]

Got these at a sale that advertised video games. :ps4: CoD was marked $15, :ps3: Red Dead was $5; I got them together for $15. First PS4 yard sale find? :p

Nothing good for me this week! Just a few Genesis games for $0.50 each (Sonic, Sonic 2, Wiley Coyote & Road Runner, Taz Escape From Mars, and Ecco). I did stop at one yard sale that was selling a few PS3 games. I asked if they had any older games, the guy looked like the type who would, and was told "I had a nintendo, super nintendo, and n64 and about a 100 games I sold yesterday. I was playing the N64 on that TV (he pointed to one he was trying to sell) and someone asked if it was for sale." 

Gotta love hearing about what you missed lol.

yesterday was a bust with alot of driving around.... most sales were pathetic and with so little out, not sure why they bothered...

today found a $5 N64 with 2 controllers....

Couple codes I will not use -

Both were taken from XBox One games

AC Black Flag Uplay code -

3XGCT 3QCRM 9CM2C WC23M XPYXZ

Inside Titanfall

2 Day Xbox Live Gold Trial

9G6BQ 4H88Y B8BRV JGK9H GG2JV

Nothing good for me this week! Just a few Genesis games for $0.50 each (Sonic, Sonic 2, Wiley Coyote & Road Runner, Taz Escape From Mars, and Ecco). I did stop at one yard sale that was selling a few PS3 games. I asked if they had any older games, the guy looked like the type who would, and was told "I had a nintendo, super nintendo, and n64 and about a 100 games I sold yesterday. I was playing the N64 on that TV (he pointed to one he was trying to sell) and someone asked if it was for sale."

Gotta love hearing about what you missed lol.
There were 5 yardsales I checked out and found nothing. 1 yardsale a lady was selling wii fit for $70 based on ebay.

The other yardsale looks like this guy would go around buying clranace games and movies. I saw some items with the walmart and kmart tags. I guess they are resellers. The last 3 was while driving back. 3 hours and 30 mins of driving around. I dont know how other CAG can drive around to places and find nice pickups.

Had pretty good day today, though it started rough.

1. Drove 40 minutes to two neighborhood sales in an area I scored big in last year ($1 1st party Gamecube games and boxed Pokemon games). Got to the neighborhood sales and it turned out to be 4 families by the highway with a table of stuff each. No games. Bah. Hit the surrounding areas asking about games only to find that people had already been through asking about games. Eldersburg, MD, you are dead to me.

2. Headed back into Baltimore City and hit up a church sale in my neighborhood. Scored DDR Max, Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed, and FFXI Vana'diel Collection 2008 for $1 each.

3. Hit a sale downtown that advertised a Wii and games. Picked up a complete Wii, extra controllers, sports attachments, 3 DDR games, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Donkey Kong Country Returns for $45, plus a bunch of free baby stuff they threw at me when they heard I've got a kid due in a few weeks.

4. Hit a sale near a house where I picked up a bunch of $1 SNES games a little while ago. They had a sign out front about a pinball machine so I asked about it. They mentioned they were looking for $1200 for it, way out of my price range, but I started talking about someone at MAGFest maybe being interested in it. At this point, the owner's daughter mentions having been to MAGFest and having her own cache of games she should probably let go of. She brings out a tub with an original Gameboy, a Gameboy Pocket, a PS2, and Dreamcast with a bunch of games for each. Not wanting to be greedy (as someone who attaches a lot of feelings to his games I understand her not wanting to let them go) I cherry pick Soul Calibur for Dreamcast, Gauntlet Dark Legacy for PS2, Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright, Super Mario Land 2, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow. She offers them to me for $20 and I snapped it up. Also turns out the woman's boyfriend writes for Polygon, which is pretty cool. We exchange info and I go along my merry way.

5. Hit up one last sale while dropping off my buddy and grabbed a couple of parenting books and Big Brain Academy for the Wii for $3.

So yeah, a rough start that ended with some great finds. Also, I really just need to stick to Baltimore City. I think everyone from outside the city is to afraid to hunt here, so I'm the only looking for games. I can easily come back here at 10 or 11 and still find good games unsold.

Non-yardsale but still cool: Hit up a Goodwill on my way back and grabbed Metroid Prime 3 for $2. Woo!
I in the Gaithersburg/Rockville area. I wish I had a buddy to to go with just to see some amazing finds. The best find I had was a white Wii console for $5 that was mod, but their son lost the sd card.

[quote name="The Punisher" post="11789310" timestamp="1401075062"]I have notice in my area they keep saying well this is what ebay is selling it for. Even the reseller had tables setup with games and movies.[/quote]I don't mind these people but at least they should keep it real.

When they start trying to sell a genesis with 5 games for $150, let me know. People are getting ridiculous around here. I saw a SNES console only, no cords or controllers, and they wanted $80 for it.

Found some solid Gamecube titles along with some xbox games and a PS2 game yesterday. $50.00 for the whole bondle. I also saw Animaniacs for the GCN (I didn't even know the game existed lol) but, I left it there because it was missing the disc and manual. I also picked up a copy of Goldeye 007 for the N64 for a buck. Any know where I can get a cheap booklet for Klonoa 2(besides eBay)?[attachment=5397:Revised to.JPG][attachment=5398:revised.JPG]

Saturday was pretty much a bust for me.

Hit up 15 sales (plus a few of them were multi-house sales) and it was pretty much one of the worst days ever. I guess after a few weeks of good I was due for horrible.

What I got included:

Grouchy Smurf Glass - 50 cents

Sesame Street Christmas DVD Set (3 DVDs) - $1

Disney kids learning books (the complete set of 19 books and carrying case) - $6

N64 w/ no controllers and a 360 power brick - $7

Dune 2000, Mr Mike's Mondo Movie on DVD, Voodoo Glow Skulls CD - $4

Each sale just went from bad to worse. Very few people had any DVDs, board games, or other cool things to look at. Video games were for the most part non-existant. Madden for PS2 here or some other junk elsewhere.

I did see some competition though - I've never seen any in person in the area before. Young guy pulls up to sale on his bike and from sidewalk yells in asking about "old Nintendo games".

I did see some competition though - I've never seen any in person in the area before. Young guy pulls up to sale on his bike and from sidewalk yells in asking about "old Nintendo games".
Doesn't sound like much of a competition there. Do you have a car? You win. I've tried the bike method and it just doesn't work.

Doesn't sound like much of a competition there. Do you have a car? You win. I've tried the bike method and it just doesn't work.
Yeah - I said the same thing to my girlfriend. That will get tired quickly trying to bike from sale to sale with a backpack.

Where I am now doesn't seem to have a ton of competition. If I venture like 10 miles away two tons over then it is crazy. 20+ people showing up an hour early to sales, knocking on doors, etc. Twice recently I've been the first person to a sale that advertises video games with nobody else showing up and asking about them while I'm there. Sadly both sales had mostly crap though lol

Man, I'm in the middle of an epic dry spell. It's been like two months since I've found anything decent. Today was jut the coup de gracie. I checked out a town wide garage sale. There were literally block after block of sales plus a church rummage sale that had a full basement full of stuff. All I found were 360 games and a few ps2, nothing special. Only thing I grabbed was Baldur's Gate 2 on PS2. I want to believe that I was just too late, as I showed up around 10:30, but there wasn't a single whiff of anything retro. I'm quickly running out of faith.

I saw one of these yesterday at a yard sale. I really wanted it but $150 seemed like too much to me :/

pepsi_droid.jpg
This is way cool. I think my buy price would be $50 at the most. It's a big space taker. Whenever I see something that big the first thought that comes to mind is where am I going to store that? Good thing about games, DVD's, and books is they are easy to store. The fun part for me would be filling it with Beer and Coke.

5-3-14 MEGA lot

Wanted $35 for 14 DS games, mostly "imagine" games, cooking mama, junk. She didn't want to break up the lot. I asked if I could just buy the boys games, she said yes for $15. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of junk portable games I buy. 3/5 isn't bad ;)

$15

pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time

Megaman ZX Advent

Megaman Star Force 3 Black Ace

:bouncy:

more to come...

The yardsale I sniped last weekend contacted me again - they had a few more things that I swung by and picked up.

For $25

Shenmue

FF7

Smash Bros Brawl

Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Mario Strikers Wii

Metal Gear Solid 4

$150 is a good deal on that cooler especially considering the size and the box is there. My friend collects everything Star Wars, he paid about $400 back when they were new.

$150 is a good deal on that cooler especially considering the size and the box is there. My friend collects everything Star Wars, he paid about $400 back when they were new.
I would have bought it at the $150 price too. Wasn't it also on an episode of Pawn Stars? Pretty sure even Rick ponied up more than $150 =P

Man, I'm in the middle of an epic dry spell. It's been like two months since I've found anything decent. Today was jut the coup de gracie. I checked out a town wide garage sale. There were literally block after block of sales plus a church rummage sale that had a full basement full of stuff. All I found were 360 games and a few ps2, nothing special. Only thing I grabbed was Baldur's Gate 2 on PS2. I want to believe that I was just too late, as I showed up around 10:30, but there wasn't a single whiff of anything retro. I'm quickly running out of faith.
Yeah, I'd say you just got there late. Around here, the resellers buy everything retro, and seem to have a "leave no game behind" policy. Just this last weekend at a sale the only reason I knew I was late was the sign listing their prices. N64 games - $1. No retro games in sight though. They usually buy sports games too, just thinking retro = $$$! My retro finds are usually between 7-8.

Although my best find lately came after noon two weeks ago... A boxed copy of Shadowrun for SNES!

I in the Gaithersburg/Rockville area. I wish I had a buddy to to go with just to see some amazing finds. The best find I had was a white Wii console for $5 that was mod, but their son lost the sd card.
I don't like to go out with others too often, as I get self-conscious and seeing something both of you want can be awkward. Best bet is to find someone who likes to get up early but is interested in something completely different ;)

It's actually a stock photo I didn't take a pic of it when I was at the actual sale <_<

It was in decent shape though. No box.

I don't like to go out with others too often, as I get self-conscious and seeing something both of you want can be awkward. Best bet is to find someone who likes to get up early but is interested in something completely different ;)
I don't either. Sometimes my friends take WAY too long at sales and don't buy anything. I try to get to as many sales as possible before 10-10:30am, because the best deals seem to go by then.

I guess everyone missed my game informer early issues and my megaman DS finds...I'm not worried, no one will miss what I picked up today. ;)

I agree. I dont stay in yard sales long due to jumping to the next. It be cool just to hang out talk about game related stuff while finding stuff. Guess I was looking for a buddy to go with.

Eh I dunno. I shop at a flea market with a friend also looking for video games, sure there have been a few times that one of us got something the other wanted but most of the time we work it out and its nice having an extra set of eyes spotting things.

I love going out with my wife.  She tends to spot things that I miss and doesn't really stop to browse very much unless she sees a lot of Star Wars stuff and if there are a couple sales close to each other we'll split up to cover ground more quickly.  And Punisher is right, it's great to have someone to talk to (about gaming related stuff or not) while you're out.  Going by myself is way less fun, but I still like it.  I do wish I had some buddies in the area that were into retro gaming though.  Sometimes I feel silly collecting all these old games when I don't have anyone to play them with.

Weird, my post disappeared. I don't have the patience to watch the whole video, but I have to admit, I would have bought the empty boxes too. Nice NES lot!

Weird, my post disappeared. I don't have the patience to watch the whole video, but I have to admit, I would have bought the empty boxes too. Nice NES lot!
No it's on the other topic lol

I got confused too at first, took me awhile to realize he posted on two different threads the same thing :0

I love going out with my wife. She tends to spot things that I miss and doesn't really stop to browse very much unless she sees a lot of Star Wars stuff and if there are a couple sales close to each other we'll split up to cover ground more quickly. And Punisher is right, it's great to have someone to talk to (about gaming related stuff or not) while you're out. Going by myself is way less fun, but I still like it. I do wish I had some buddies in the area that were into retro gaming though. Sometimes I feel silly collecting all these old games when I don't have anyone to play them with.
Someone that understands..
I miss snes mario and the 7 stars rpg. That was the last game i played on that system.

bread's done
Back