2014 Yardsale thread

Big Hwy 61 yard sale this weekend, but I have to work. Hoping everyone out there looking finds $25 Wii games and $100 DSi's... Heaven forbid there's something good!

Pouring rain today, but I saw a Craig's List ad for a sale with video games so I went. I saw a big pile of Gameboy Advance game boxes and I was excited until the woman running the sale said that they were just the boxes (but she gave them to me for free).

I picked up a fat PS2 that I wasn't going to buy until I found a cd wallet with burned discs in them and asked if the system was modded, and it was. I'm thinking that means the system plays imports, no? Perhaps buying that Japanese version of Bushido Blade at Goodwill wasn't so silly after all. It also had a couple of memory cards and the DVD remote.

Some N64 games including a mystery game with no label that turned out to be Mario Party when I got it home and put it in my system.

Also some Gameboy Advance games, Golden Sun, Warioware Twisted & Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

$55 for everything. She didn't want to budge on the PS2 at all, and she originally asked for $70. What I really went out there for was some PS1 games and another N64 system that I saw in pictures she had posted, but apparently someone showed up an hour early and bought them.

Nothing of note here :(. Went to a sale early asking about games and records. Apparently the lady has both (Kiss records and a Sega Genesis at least). We'll see if the call comes through!  Only cool thing I bought today was a Bluesound Pulse Streaming Speaker unit. They cost about $700 new, I paid $150 and the thing is unused, in the box, with all contents.

Hey CAG.

I pretty much gave up on garage sales last week, when I started focusing on college. Well, on my way back home from work, I noticed a garage sale. I decided to turn back around and check it out. Lo and behold, I found:

-A Sega Genesis, 2 controllers, Super SF2, Mortal Kombat 2, and a few other games like Jeopardy

-yet another GBA SP (AGS-001 but whatever it was free lol)

I got it all for 10 dollars! This is the first time I've ever touched a Sega console. I have no idea what to do. What games should I look out for? What are some sweet classics (other than Sonic)? Lots of insight would be appreciated :D

p.s. pics are on the way in a few years

I got it all for 10 dollars! This is the first time I've ever touched a Sega console. I have no idea what to do. What games should I look out for? What are some sweet classics (other than Sonic)? Lots of insight would be appreciated :D

p.s. pics are on the way in a few years
Some suggestions: Gunstar Heroes, Road Rash 3, Phantasy Star II and IV, Shining Force II, Vectorman, Streets of Rage 2, and Rocket Knight Adventures. You won't be able to find it outside of a reproduction cart, but Pulseman is an amazing game (made by Game Freak before they turned into the Pokemon house).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much going on today. Found the TI83+ to flip for $5.

Now for the good stuff. Well semi-good. Found the jungle green N64 and the 360 network adapter at the bottom of a giant tupperware of junk. No controllers/cords anywhere so I asked (no sign of the expansion pack cover either). They acted like I was speaking a foreign language. So I put the hustle on and asked if they knew if it worked. Again, looks of general confusion like I was not speaking English. So i asked alright then, how much for the adapter and console. One dollar!

Dragoon guide and 64 xfer pack were $2 total. Glad i got my butt out of bed this morning.

I just got a huge skylanders lot for $10 with some pretty trashed wii remote controllers, some nunchucks that are not usable and a couple wii zappers. Even though some of the stuff was bad condition I feel it was a great deal. I pulled up just as the sale was packing up, they didn't look like they sold anything.

Oh I also saw the xbox 360 hd DVD player at another house for $5 in the box, don't know if it's worth anything these days as it's a totally dead format.

Today was awesome thanks to two sales.

Marked $2 each, got all three for $5

This yard sale was a mess, and I really had to dig. Sadly, no saturn games to go with the controllers. Everything in this pic was $20 total.

These were the only games at one yard sale, but they're all complete! All three for $5

And lastly. This yard sale had a couple games out, and I asked if the guy was bringing out more. He brought out a handful at a time. There were a lot of other games I would've wanted that he wasn't getting rid of. There was also a young girl looking at the games as they came out, and I wasn't going to vulture all the good ones (though I think she got the best deal out of the bunch; Mario Party 7 for $0.25).  Everything in this picture was $75.

Great score today Dasme!

It's funny, now that the Wii is dying off, it's one of the top things I look for. I haven't played a lot of the first party titles and am looking to pick them all up cheap. You got some good ones in there!

Most exciting for me was Megaman Legends, never played it, and it's my first time coming across one in the wild. I'm about a half hour from Atlantic City, and there's a game shop on Atlantic Ave there. A few years ago the guy had no less than a few sealed copies of Legends 1 & 2 (along with a slew of other PS1 & Dreamcast games sealed). At the time he was asking eBay prices. Well, I went back a few months ago and I was going to spring for Legends 1 and it turns out that when Sandy hit, he lost his entire inventory!

Had a pretty crap morning today, but it's my own fault. I thought I get up early to hit the flea markets in Southwest Baltimore to look for junk games to use for repros. Ended up striking out there, and all the sales nearby had nothing but junk. On my way back I did stop at a few sales and picked up a Vera Bradley purse for the wife for $10 (she likes it, which is all that matters), a stack of DVDs for $1, and a Ratchet and Clank game for $1. I've got a few leads for tomorrow though, so fingers crossed.

Meh day.

Got operation racoon city for 360 for a buck

and this box of PC games for a dollar as well

http://imgur.com/a/kz2du#0

It did come with Star Wars Force Unleashed for Wii and Rouge Galaxy for gamecube.  Starcraft 2 had a little paper with an email address and password with it, but they didn't work.  Also didn't come with the original game key, just the trials, so I think the guy knew what to take out and what to leave.  I think the older starcraft and diablo games might work since they're older, but I'm not sure, if anyone knows just off the top of their head which of these will work, let me know.  At least it's something though, better than coming home with nothing at all.

OG Starcraft and Diablo don't have cd keys so they'll work.

The Starcraft expansion came with a CD key that unlocks Starcraft + expansion on Battle.net.

Some suggestions: Gunstar Heroes, Road Rash 3, Phantasy Star II and IV, Shining Force II, Vectorman, Streets of Rage 2, and Rocket Knight Adventures. You won't be able to find it outside of a reproduction cart, but Pulseman is an amazing game (made by Game Freak before they turned into the Pokemon house).
Thank you! I'll be sure to check all of those out!

I just got back from work AGAIN and I hit a sweet deal on the way home :D I've had a really hard time trying to find both Rock Band and Guitar Hero guitars for the PS3... me and my gf have been dying to play GH3. I picked up:

- Beatles Rock Band Hofner bass, strat guitar- with dongles

- GH3 Les Paul, other guitar (do they need dongles? I forget)

- GH drum set (Seller would NOT sell the guitars without me taking the drumset too ;-; )

- 2 PS Move controllers (with third party gun accessories, meh)

It was all for 10 clams. My luck has been through the roof lately!

I hardly ever get to go to sales but here was a find my wife got today for $30, when she said contra 3 I was sold, lol. Oh and I forgot to mention it was somebody my age mid 30s selling it who said it was his grandfathers stuff, lol

Pretty good luck today - got out earlier than usual and was one step ahead of my competition all-day. 

14901597309_3d52bfaf8f_n.jpg

This yard sale opened and 7AM and advertised Nintendo, so I swung over to check it out. Well, at least the brand was right. $10 for the lot. 

15088275025_da772afdec_n.jpg

The DSI has $20 on it, but they threw in the games for an extra five, so I took it. 

15065282686_ff6664b2b3_n.jpg

Almost drove by, but I pulled over when I saw some computer titles. $2. 

15085254241_9d27e9a6d9_n.jpg

This was the big find of the day. Didn't have any games out, but when I brought up games she went back into the house and started bringing items out. Here's what I ended up with:

Mario Pinball Land (CIB)

SNES with all hookups 

Pikachu Gameboy Colour (CIB)

Gameboy Advance SP (CIB)

Pokemon Card Trading Game

Shadow The Hedgehog (CIB)

Super Smash Bros Melee (CIB)

Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life (CIB)

Dreamcast Controller w/VMU

Boxed Pokemon Yellow

Gameboy Advance w/Case

Paid $50. They said there were more items they couldn't find, so we exchanged information and I told them to contact me after the sale. Received a message that more items were located, so I'll be going back for more goodies soon. 

All in all, good day!

Ah, the Lord of the Rings SNES game. My brother bought it and when I played through it I activated a glitch that somehow made Aragorn, Frodo, and Sam invincible. The game ends after you get past the Balrog in Moria, and I actually managed to kill the damn thing with Aragorn. It even had a death animation, which is quite surprising looking back. Everyone but Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, and Gandalf died, but then Gandalf sacrificed himself anyway, so there were only 3 members of the fellowship left. It's....not a terribly well made game.

15085254241_9d27e9a6d9_n.jpg

This was the big find of the day. Didn't have any games out, but when I brought up games she went back into the house and started bringing items out. Here's what I ended up with:

Mario Pinball Land (CIB)

SNES with all hookups

Pikachu Gameboy Colour (CIB)

Gameboy Advance SP (CIB)

Pokemon Card Trading Game

Shadow The Hedgehog (CIB)

Super Smash Bros Melee (CIB)

Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life (CIB)

Dreamcast Controller w/VMU

Boxed Pokemon Yellow

Gameboy Advance w/Case

Paid $50. They said there were more items they couldn't find, so we exchanged information and I told them to contact me after the sale. Received a message that more items were located, so I'll be going back for more goodies soon.

All in all, good day!
This is like, potentially $600+ worth of stuff, and that's not even counting your other stuff.

"pretty good luck" my ass!

Had an okay day.

$2

Ocarina of Time guide

WindWaker guide

.50 cents

Nightmare Before Christmas Disney pin

new 1988 GI Joe puzzle

I thought I might've scored big with the GI Joe puzzle - but sadly looking online it seems to be worth like a few bucks. I guess it will be coming to Anime Boston with me to try and trade or bundle with a bunch of GI Joe toys (if I ever sort them).

$3

Two Beavis and Butthead Time Life Collection DVD sets

$1

Grass DVD

I left my number with the lady (probably mid-50's) about video games.

$2

Finding Nemo DVD

Winnie the Pooh DVD

$2

Winnie the Pooh DVD

Heffalump movie on DVD

$40

mixed lot of about 30 Wii/WiiU games and 26 DVDs and a few blurays

This was a good lot (never seen WiiU games) but sadly not many hot games.

Included Nintendoland, Pac-Man and Ghosts, Wipeout 3, Mario Sluggers, Wii Sports x2, and then games of less and less desirable quality.

DVDs included a few sealed Big Bang Theories, a few Disney DVDs, etc.

If I didn't get that last lot of the day it would've been a pretty horible day, but by persevering through it became an okay day.

It really seems like  stuff is winding down around here. Earlier this season I would be out from 8am until 2 pm. I'd be calling it quits at 2pm because I was tired even though there were still more sales to hit. Now I'm just happy to keep going til like 1130 or 12.

There was not a single sale posted for my city or the two cities around me posted on Craigslist today (not including the few two-day ones from yesterday). I'm hoping there are a few last big weekend next month before its all done.

Only had time to hit one sale today, but I hit the right one. Woman advertised Super Nintendo and games, so I drove out just before they opened (it was out of the way, and threatening rain) and grabbed everything they had. Initial ask was $100 for the SNES stuff, but then they threw in the 64 items as well so I couldn't say no. Definitely my best weekend of the summer. 

15098757612_0202d4fd8f_n.jpg

14912426229_55c50d0128_n.jpg

15098755632_2539635b4e_n.jpg

14912476540_863698d72e_n.jpg

Personal highlights include the boxed games and Super Turrican. 

I dont know wtf is going on....literally had zero run-ins or problems with resellers all summer, but now all of a sudden near the end of yard sale season, they are all coming out of the woodwork. I remember yard sales going strong till mid October last year, but already now there are barely any sales. There was ONE sale this weekend that just mentioned "video games". Usually the resellers never show up to these because they're too dumb to even look for them, they usually only hit the ones that advertise "nintendo" or something specific. Well I get to this one about 20 mins early and right after I get there some old fat guy in a broke down pickup truck full of garbage pulls up....then 5 mins later another even older guy in an even crappier truck pulls up. No one comes out of the house and eventually they both leave. I text the seller and of course they "overslept" (seriously f**k these people....you can't get by 9am?! I'm so sick of dealing with that every weekend) and you guessed it....they already sold all the games yesterday! And the real kicker is I actually emailed them 2 days prior, about an hour after it was listed, and asked if I could come see the games (I hate to do that because I hate when others do it but you pretty much have to now just to compete), so someone must have emailed them like 2 seconds after they posted the ad and bought everything. Drove around all day and only found 5 total sales and heard "oh yeah I have an old Nintendo....but I'm keeping that" at every sale. Ugh, I think I'm done for the rest of the year! 

Finds 8-16-14

There was an annual block sale that always has games, thought I would check it out.

This first sale actually opened at 8am on Wednesday and listed SNES and Genesis consoles and games.  Of course I have to be at work at 8 so I had to stop by on my lunch.  She was putting things away and said they were already gone; "some old guy picked them up first thing, I think he was a reseller".  :wall:  This old dude is starting to piss me off.  She said they were the only things she sold that day.  Anyway, she had some PS2 games at $1 each so I snatched them up.

This house at the block sale always has games. 

Dead Island Riptide PS3 $3

Oni PS2 $2

Indiana Jones Staff of Rings $3

D   PS1 $2

PS1 games $0.50 each

David Banner $0.50

Game Boy Advance case $1

Gameshark 2 $1  (has two PS1 gameshark discs and 1 PS2 disc.)

GTA PSP $1

Almost missed out on D, it was hidden under Wii games and the Gameshark. 

Also at the block sale, $2 CDs.  The GN'R tapes were from a sale a few blocks away for $1 each.

Got the Wii charger and game for $10, Buzz Time controllers $1

Albums were $0.50 each, including one with a naked chick on a horse (see spoiler, NSFW).  Plan on getting a player soon, hopefully.

Finds 8-17-14

Sunday sale.

Got everything in the previous two pictures for $20.  Didn't haggle on the movies and games, lady said they were from her autistic son.  Saw the Betamax cam in a blue Panasonic VHS cam case.  Offered $1 and it was accepted.  The VHS cam my dad had in the 80's was able to be hooked up to the TV to play tapes, unfortunately this one does not.

This was from the flea market, but since I post here more often guess I'll go ahead and throw it up.

The only tag was the $1 you see.  I was originally only after the game, but the vendor offered $5 for everything.  Well shit, guess I'm going to be watching some Inu Yasha.

Finds 8-23-14

Town wide sale 20 miles from home.

The Chronic $2

$1 each disc only PS2 games.

I'd been wanting to get the remastered album since it's release.  Like new!

Tie fighter $2.  Couldn't help myself.

Jason Richardson XL Warriors jersey $3.  Great condition except for one small corner of a number coming unstitched.  Easy fix.

Killer Instinct unofficial guide.  $0.25.

Offered $5 for everything and it was accepted.  Most of these will be donor cases.

Narturo Wii was $5, all PS2 games were $3 each for a total of $23.

Campaign buttons $1 total, not a great selection but the ones with a face pic usually end up being more popular. 

George Clinton CD $0.50

Monopoly PS1 $1

Sonic 2 $1 (just so I could tell myself I found a cartridge game)

Shattered Union Xbox $3  (forgot I already picked up a copy earlier this year, now have three :roll: )

Fail Safe and Dunks!  $1 each.

GBA to GC cable $1

Ran into this Australian guy with a large booth full of games.  Guy had no idea what he was doing.  Pulled out four common NES and SNES games and the first thing this guy does is ask some dude at the booth what "the other name for Earthbound" was.  Guy says he thinks it was the one I had pulled (can't remember the name, had the word "world" in it).  Australian guy says "well, you can't have it" and tosses it to the side then pulls a price out of his ass of $31 for the remaining three games.  I immediately go into asshole mode and pull out my phone to look up prices.  The game he threw to the side, whatever it was, was $12 Ebay, another was $8.  I let him know the prices so far and then told him I wasn't interested.  The guy was a bit of a talker and said "ok, be that way".  I then said loud enough for everyone at the booth to hear "you're way over priced".  These resellers are fucking worthless.

20140901_175737.jpg

20140901_175726.jpg

http://youtu.be/oR22veBcRxU

Wasn't sure if you could see everything in one picture, so I uploaded 2. Not the greatest week garage sailin, most of my finds in that

avenue were from 2 sales. Not the biggest Power Rangers fan, but I have a girl friend of mine, that loves the stuff, so bought that lot of figures for 5 bucks, keeping the Sewer Shark for me though  :)   If you guys want more details on stuff, check out the  vid.

Wasn't sure if you could see everything in one picture, so I uploaded 2. Not the greatest week garage sailin, most of my finds in that

avenue were from 2 sales. Not the biggest Power Rangers fan, but I have a girl friend of mine, that loves the stuff, so bought that lot of figures for 5 bucks, keeping the Sewer Shark for me though :) If you guys want more details on stuff, check out the vid.
I noticed you use a climate-controlled storage facility. I do the same but I've been having some issues with them.

I started renting from them in late June and since then I've had about 5-6 instances where they would be closed during business hours. I'm not talking about showing up 5 minutes before close and nobody's there, I'm talking showing up at least 45 minutes before and nobody's there. I actually ran into the guy as he was leaving early once. I finally got pissed last weekend and called them to ask if they could send someone to open the doors.

The whole thing has kinda shaken my trust in them. Considering "they're not responsible for any losses", what is to keep them from doing something shady? I currently have at least half my collection there now as I have started pairing things down. There are no other controlled climate storage facilities within reasonable driving distances.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Finds 8-30-14

Only one sale for this weakend (yeah, WEAKend) advertised video games, so of course I start off there on the outskirts of town.

They had PS3 games, and not very many.  Cost me $5 each.  Turns out I had been to a sale at this house earlier in the year, bought some old tools from an old man.  On the way back in town I run into an interesting looking sale.  You know, random boxes and stuff scattered everywhere.  Picked up Season 1 of 21 Jump Street, Star Ocean PS1 (missing disc 1) and an empty Ruger handgun box for $1.50.  They explain that they buy out storage sheds and that they have more games and systems but they need to "check that they're all there".  I understood that as "we need to check ebay prices".  Anyway I left my number because they said they would call me back.  Still haven't heard shit 3 days later.  I bet that disc 1 of Star Ocean in in a PS1 in their garage.

Here are the old wrenches I bought from the old man earlier this year in case you were interested (probably not).  One is anywhere from the second half of the 1800's to early 1900's stamped "A & B Co." which apparently was American Brake Co. and they made train brakes.  The second is stamped "VLCHEK CLEVE.O.USA".  This was an automotive wrench from the 20's or 30's.  They were $2 each.

Moved on to some town-wide sales in a burg a half hour away.  Took my mother along to get her out of the house so movement was slow.

These are from multiple sales.  First season of Hogan's Heroes $5.  The NES, SNES and Nintendo A/V cable were $1 each, when asked if they had anything else they replied no.  "We'll probably be looking for those cords in a few weeks".  The Texas Instruments voice synthesizer goes with the next picture, just be patient with me.  The James Dean 50th Anniversary disc was $5.  A lady at the sale said she went to school with James Dean.  "Really?  What was he like?"  She replied with one word; "weird".

Here is where the speech synthesizer came from.  Texas Instruments TI-99/4A.  No controller though it appears a standard Atari controller would work.  I will have to wait to find out since the power cord is missing.  Chisholm Trail was stuck in the slot.  He was asking $20 and I offered $10.  Said he would do $15.  I was putting it down to get out my wallet.  I think he mistook that for me leaving it because he finally dropped to my asking price of $10.

A lady at the next sale saw it under my arm when I was negotiating a price on some picture frames my mom wanted.  Said her husband had an old computer in the basement she wanted to get rid of.  From the way she described it, it sounded like an Amiga.  Of course she has to get final word from him, so she took down my number.  Still haven't heard a damn thing.

Offered $1 for AutoCAD LT 98 which was accepted.  The program hasn't changed much since then but this is the student version which you can't print from.  There is a new guy at work that is learning and could possibly use this for practice at home.  Don't ask why I paid $1 each for the DDRMAX games.  To make up for it, I only paid $1 for the two Gameboy chargers and Advance SP case.

That's it.  I'm finally caught up!

Take that, Slowdive!

Sunday ended up being a major bust for me. Checked out one flea market early on to try to find old sports games for repros without any luck, then headed back up to my neck of the woods to hit a few yard sales where I was expecting some good stuff. Hit one with a woman I met a couple of weeks ago who said next time she'd bring her game stuff, but she wasn't there. Her sister was, and she said they'd give me a call when she arrived. I hit up another nearby sale and managed to scored a handful of PS2/PS3/XBox games for MAGFest (nothing amazing, a couple of Hitman games, Fallout New Vegas, Arkham Asylum, etc.), and then I hit up a couple more sales in the area without any luck. I had the baby with me and by that point he was getting hungry. I took him home and as I'm getting in the door I get a call that the woman with the video game stuff has shown up. I drop off the baby with my wife and head back up to the sale, knowing that she's got some Nintendo systems and games. I get there and she's got all the various systems laid out and so I start making a pile and asking what she wants, and that's when it all goes downhill. The N64 bundle is $60, the Gamecube bundle is $50, and the Dreamcast is $35, and she refuses to go any lower. And when I say "bundle," I mean that she's got the basic cords, a controller, and MAYBE a couple of crappy sports games. She gives the old "I can sell them for at least that much on eBay," I tell her she can't  and I really can't pay those prices, but she's not budging. I then try to get a copy of Pokemon Platinum off of her so it's not a total wash, but she was trying to get $15 for it. I'm not in the mood to give this woman any of my money, so I headed home.

At least my brother picked up a copy of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for me, so at least I added one new neat thing to my collection. And lesson learned: avoid flea markets and if I think there's a big score ask about prices FIRST.

I want this season to end. Too hot. Too much competition.

I did have a victory last week. When I went to pick up "The crazy lot" the douche that threatened to kick my ass in the past was there. So, not only did I have over 70 games and other stuff (post to come), but he got to be denied when asking about them. :booty:

He saw me carrying the boxes to my car and he gave me the stink eye. Once I put the last two items in the car, he drove by and turned around his car to see what they were. Let's just say the look on his face was priceless.

Personally I think I overpaid at $150 and this is a lot where it is quantity over quality.

I was going to post it right now, but I have over 60 pics that I took and I need to narrow them down to like 8 if possible (so some stuff will be left out). ;)

I want this season to end. Too hot. Too much competition.

I did have a victory last week. When I went to pick up "The crazy lot" the douche that threatened to kick my ass in the past was there. So, not only did I have over 70 games and other stuff (post to come), but he got to be denied when asking about them. :booty:

He saw me carrying the boxes to my car and he gave me the stink eye. Once I put the last two items in the car, he drove by and turned around his car to see what they were. Let's just say the look on his face was priceless.

Personally I think I overpaid at $150 and this is a lot where it is quantity over quality.

I was going to post it right now, but I have over 60 pics that I took and I need to narrow them down to like 8 if possible (so some stuff will be left out). ;)
I savor moments like these. It's just becoming nearly impossible to beat the resellers in my area. They show up literally 3 hours early, speed through streets and sprint to and from their car to sales. I'm not sinking to their level.

It seems like all resellers know to look for is video games. When I buy, I try to get enough video game stuff to sell to pay for what I keep. Same with records

There is a 300lb guy in my area that drives a neon or something and runs up to the sales, asks about games, then guns it to the next sale. I think he may be the one that got one of my lots that was "on hold", but normally I don't run into him as I am usually out early. A friend of mine said "He is a big guy, but he moves fast!"

The guy that wants to kick my ass I think is actually a gamer, but he started shit with me originally, so IDK why he has such hatred towards me.

So my car didn't start today and I've been informed there was a leaky pipe at my parents house. So I may have lost a few things, but I am not sure of the damage yet. I think I usually keep good karma, but maybe the universe is doing some accounting...

Had an awesome day! Someone called about records yesterday. He said he got my number from a family member who sold me some and that he had 2000-2500 records and a couple trailer full of stuff. Drove to see him today and he wasn't kidding. It was a shame as most of the records weren't stored well and their outer sleeves were beat. He had about 10 copies of one record that was worth $20, but only had the outer sleeve to one copy. A shame since the other copies I saw were in their plastic inner sleeves and mint. I only looked through one small camping trailer. I'm going back this weekend to dig.

Anyway, for $75 I got:

Complete Dark Tower Board Game (tower works, but one bulb is out. most of the pieces are still unused.. and a spare bulb came in the box)

Yamaha turntable with a Grado ZT+ stylus (this is an upgrade over the Shure I use now, pumped about it. The stylus, not the turntable)

& 50 records (mostly for me, he had some fats waller, oscar peterson, and early johnny cash that I picked up among others)

Then on my way home I stopped at an auction house I used to frequent. For $11.70 I got:

Dreamcast Console with 3 controllers

Evolution 2

Sonic Adventure

Jet Grind Radio

Makken X

Star Wars Pod Racer

Sega Smash Pack 1

Vigilante Second Offense

& a bunch of sports games.

Later in the auction they were going to have other gaming stuff (an Atari 1200xl & 1010. A PSP 1000 w/o a battery, and a PS2), but I had to jet home for a fantasy draft.

Tomorrow will probably be my last full day of yard sales of the year. Hope I find something good, and actually buy something. Starting a new job on Tuesday. 8-5 M-F.  Sure there's Saturday but it's hard to find good deals that day.

Tomorrow will probably be my last full day of yard sales of the year. Hope I find something good, and actually buy something. Starting a new job on Tuesday. 8-5 M-F. Sure there's Saturday but it's hard to find good deals that day.
Welcome to the group. I hate being taunted by the Thursday and Friday sales with games. Of course none of the Saturday only sales ever have any.

Have not been to many sales recently.  Been real busy with work and life in general.  The sales have fallen down the priority list.

All of this lot from a charity bag sale.  Was surprised to see these games at the sale.  The sale is fill a bag with books and movies for $1.  I bought two bags of books and grabbed these games also.  I donate to this charity when I get a chance and always hit this bag sale if I am nearby. 

med_gallery_354731_8396_1234062.jpg

The only other sale I visited recently was a roadside church parking lot.  I got a killer deal on this lot.  Only thing is no volume 2.  She was asking $1 HC and $.50 PB.  I only had the hardcover at first.  She asked if I wanted the rest of the lot.  I told her I wanted them but didn't want to pay 50 cents a book.  She said how about $3.50 for everything including the comic and Wonder case.  I happily paid her in cash and went on my way.

med_gallery_354731_8396_76170.jpg

Hit around 8 sales. There was one that advertised gamecube games. They had 4 or 5 GC games including Windwaker. They wanted $5 each and $10 for Windwaker. It was complete, but something looked off to me, so I left it. I probably should have just made a low offer, but I wasn't sure if it was a bootleg or something.

I don't think it's possible to bootleg GC games since they use a unique kind of media. However if they are scratched on the top which sometimes you cannot see especially in the sunlight they will not work.

Complete strike out for me this morning. However, I did have a first happen to me. I know you guys deal with this a lot so it's probably old news, but I was a deer in headlights.

I walk up to this sale and see the giant wii fit box up on a table (this is like a billboard advertising video games in my opinion). Walk on up and it's a boxed wii, wii fit, and a few other games for $100. Well the other games were Punch-Out, Galaxy 1 and Twilight Princess on Gamecube! So I get excited and ask if they would sell the games individually - the wife says yea sure, let me get my husband. In comes Sir DB and proceeds to take the 3 I wanted back to his computer at the back of the garage and looks up the prices on Ebay.

I knew what was happening to me but it was that moment that you are in such shock you don't know what to say. (Please hurry up and finish so I can go get bent over somewhere else)?

I politely told him no thanks and went on my way. My wife said it best, next time that happens, just say 'Were done here' before they even start looking them up.

Complete strike out for me this morning. However, I did have a first happen to me. I know you guys deal with this a lot so it's probably old news, but I was a deer in headlights.

I walk up to this sale and see the giant wii fit box up on a table (this is like a billboard advertising video games in my opinion). Walk on up and it's a boxed wii, wii fit, and a few other games for $100. Well the other games were Punch-Out, Galaxy 1 and Twilight Princess on Gamecube! So I get excited and ask if they would sell the games individually - the wife says yea sure, let me get my husband. In comes Sir DB and proceeds to take the 3 I wanted back to his computer at the back of the garage and looks up the prices on Ebay.

I knew what was happening to me but it was that moment that you are in such shock you don't know what to say. (Please hurry up and finish so I can go get bent over somewhere else)?

I politely told him no thanks and went on my way. My wife said it best, next time that happens, just say 'Were done here' before they even start looking them up.
Yeaup, I would have just said never mind and walked away.

I have only had that happen once or twice but one time a woman was talking loudly on her phone about how much she was making by selling things on eBay meanwhile a lot of people were at her sale and she was not helping anyone and was the only person running the sale. Most people here if they have eBay prices they set them ahead of time and they make up ridiculous prices that aren't even close to actual eBay values because they saw 1-2 items listed for an outrageous price that did not even sell.

Pretty rough day.

Picked up 10 DVD season and 4 blurays for 25 dollars

blus were the Batman Trilogy and Ratatouille

DVDs were seasons like Simpsons, Ren and Stimpy, Sopranos, etc.

Simpsons Jeopardy and Worst Case Scenario Survival Game (the office) both new for $4

Finding Nemo and Lilo & Stitch DVD for $2

Rugrats clock for $1

Girlfriend got a bunch of collector's Barbies for $25. Thought they were brand new til we got home and saw boxes had been opened :/ blargh

Question - does anyone know about Kingsbury Mini Motors ride on cars? I saw a Ninja Turtles one that I might go back for. Either to keep or sell. I can't find anything about it at all online. All I can see are a few Batmobile ones mentioned.

bread's done
Back