2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Saw a thrift store listing on OfferUp for various gaming items that was a bit of a drive. Didn't pick up anything shown, but grabbed these for 99 cents each:
pB0fdov.jpg

Shadow Hearts was missing the first disc but does have the manual. Mega Man Legends 2 and Star Ocean's discs have numerous light scratches but may survive a resurfacing. If so, I'd be very happy to have made the trip. Even more so than I was.

Hit two thrift stores today, no gaming finds. Did find some other good stuff though.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer w/o power cord/supply

Colosseum Athletics Ohio State Basketball Jersey

Dr. Seuss The Lorax (Blu-Ray)

Disney-Pixar's Bolt (DVD)

Owl decorated mailbox

Owl print backpack

Christmas themed piggy bank (for my sister-in-law, she collects piggies)

Paperback and hardback books

Bahahahahaha... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a score! Check out this sonovagun that I got for $3!

s-l1600.jpg

Perfect condition. Like New.

Oh yeah. Other stuff I'm too lazy to take pictures of. Let's see. Rock Band 3 PS3 $1.50. Keep Collective Silver Bracelet Brand New $5. Star Wars Rogue One Blu-Ray Brand New $3.50 (keeping this instead of selling it.) Been dry lately. Quality over quantity is my mantra nowdays. Haven't been yard saleing in weeks. Oh, and uh... there's one more thing. Have to take a picture of this one. If it's real, I might be in the money. Look forward to it guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show, even if your not a fan of the prequels. When I was younger, my family won some house party for the premier of it. They shipped a huge box full of light up lightsabers. I wonder how much those are worth.

About $35. Had extra cables for the PS2. Everything appears to work just fine. Killzone 3 is actually pretty sweet with the gun setup.

k9hIiRc.jpg

About $35. Had extra cables for the PS2. Everything appears to work just fine. Killzone 3 is actually pretty sweet with the gun setup.

k9hIiRc.jpg
Not sure if you aware but the PS3 controllers have some trade-in value at GS. I found 3 PS3 (2 Black, 1 Gold) controllers at Goodwill for $4 each a week ago. I ended up trading them at GameStop for $48 store credit + $2 cash = Walked out of GS with a $50 PSN card.

Thanks, just looked up trade values on the app. I find it funny that the Move controller trades in at $24 but the Navigation controller..........$0.60!

I've got them both. I can tell you why the Navi controller isn't worth anything... no game uses it! I bought one thinking that I would need it, just like the Nunchuks on the Wii, but nope. It's slightly frustrating, because the Navi would have been useful for things like Deadstorm Pirates (spinning the ship's wheel).

$14 for the stuff in the picture. Also got a PS2 copy of GTA SA and N64 copy of Cruis'n USA for $3 apiece. Sadly no other N64 stuff to be found which makes me wonder what I missed. (you know it didnt get donated alone....)

QtmEeTH.jpg

Scored a brand new and sealed in retail box The Walking Dead the complete Third Season 5-Disc Set Limited Edition Blu-ray that comes with the zombie fish tank for $9.99.

2019-07-14-034336.jpg

Had some more time to go to thrift stores this week and found some cool stuff.

Wwbkmjr.jpg

Super stoked for the descent longbox, it's my first longbox game and it's in great condition. I passed on a bunch of long box games over time because of condition and this one is in great condition so I'm really happy.

I couldn't believe the Pokemon Mystery dungeon being in the little baggy on the toy wall, they must have thought it was a puzzle. I'm upgrading from my loose copy to this one, plus now I have two copies for multiplayer though I'm not sure what multiplayer is in this game.

8000 piece puzzle is unopened and will probably take my grandmother a long time to do. I love the tag "For the truly dedicated puzzle person".

f0SReJp.jpg

Another find from this week is this giant meowth plush from 1999, I'm never one to buy stuffed animals because fear of germs but he's giant!

I'm hoping he'll survive a light washing to get the dust and slight discoloration off.

Really happy with everything I found this week.

A slightly related note, for those who shop at savers if you buy something that is more than 19 dollars you have to return it to the store you bought it at. I learned this the hard way and am now stuck with a bad purchase.

WOW!!! Just got home. Scored 6 PS1 Games (Mega Man Legends, Spyro Year of the Dragon, Resident Evil Director's Cut & 2, Dino Crisis, and Nightmare Creatures) all for $4.50 after 25% discount at Salvation Army. 

All games come with their manual and discs look perfect, clean, and mint. No joke.

IMG-7277.jpg
IMG-7286.jpg

My local savers had a Skyrim for Switch sealed.

Price was 29.99.

I picked it up, even though I don’t like paying non-thrift store prices at thrift stores...

Wonder who would donate that / why

Blue Wii Bundle was $35, more than I'd like to spend on a Wii at GW but I dont see the blue ones often. White Wii and ac adapter I swapped for a $10 Wii I had bought but had a broken eject button and disconnected Bluetooth chip. Sealed 1998 Fire mini classic was $2! 3rd gen 32GB iPod Touch was $6! $12 for the PS2 games and DVD. Couldnt figure out why my Wii game would only go in half way... treasures in the disc drive.....

KL75jqc.jpg
hYsn7bm.jpg
Eglf3Zo.jpg

Got a working original White Wii that needed a sensor bar from Salvation Army for $10. Got a new sensor bar at a local game shop for $10. One of the remotes doesn't work so I ordered one with the Motion Plus attachment included for around $15 on Mercari.

My best thrift store find this year. I had been wanting a Wii again. The prices at other thrift stores started around $40. Glad I waited it out for a while.

Blue Wii Bundle was $35, more than I'd like to spend on a Wii at GW but I dont see the blue ones often. White Wii and ac adapter I swapped for a $10 Wii I had bought but had a broken eject button and disconnected Bluetooth chip. Sealed 1998 Fire mini classic was $2! 3rd gen 32GB iPod Touch was $6! $12 for the PS2 games and DVD. Couldnt figure out why my Wii game would only go in half way... treasures in the disc drive.....

KL75jqc.jpg
hYsn7bm.jpg
Eglf3Zo.jpg
Sounds like the drive is failing. You'll have to try to fix it or replace the drive

That reminds me of when my uncle bought a used VCR from a garage sale in the 1990s. There was an NES game crammed into the system... Konami's Jackal as I recall.

I remember my son put a small pencil sharpener in our VCR and the thing was so perfectly placed under the tape loader that it wouldn’t even rattle. I took that thing apart twice before I found it in there.

Some Goodwill Finds recently.[attachment=32558:20190801_213514.jpg][attachment=32559:20190801_213616.jpg]

Need For Speed Nitro (Wii) (Sealed) 1.99

Earth Defense Force 2017 (XBOX 360) 2.99

NFL Blitz 2003 (PS2) 1.99

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii) 1.99

Rock Band 3 (Wii) 2.99

Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone (GC) 2.99

The Haunted Mansion (GC) 2.99

TH American Wasteland (PS2) 1.99

PaRappa The Rapper (PS1) 1.99

Crash 2 .99

MDK .99

Croc 2 (PC) .99

Tench Stealth Assassins (PS1) 2.99

Local savers had a DS bundle priced at 79.99...I rarely if ever buy something from a thrift shop that high, but I did have a 20% off coupon so for 64 bucks I thought it was worth it:

Case / stylus / charger
DSXL Mario anniversary edition

Zelda phantom hourglass
Zelda spirit tracks
Chrono Trigger
World ends with you
Mario Kart DS
Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros
Sonic classic collection
Disgaea DS
Monster Rancher DS

Owner of that DS has good taste.

Local savers had a DS bundle priced at 79.99...I rarely if ever buy something from a thrift shop that high, but I did have a 20% off coupon so for 64 bucks I thought it was worth it:

Case / stylus / charger
DSXL Mario anniversary edition

Zelda phantom hourglass
Zelda spirit tracks
Chrono Trigger
World ends with you
Mario Kart DS
Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros
Sonic classic collection
Disgaea DS
Monster Rancher DS

Today will mark 2 weeks since that Wii stuff.... I havent seen anything! Idk if I'm getting beat to stuff or noone has been donating anything lately.

Today will mark 2 weeks since that Wii stuff.... I havent seen anything! Idk if I'm getting beat to stuff or noone has been donating anything lately.
I feel like the summer is very hit or miss. A lot of people are having garage sales instead of donating. They are in clean out mode but the only stuff that makes it to the thrift store are the garage sale leftovers and those are usually pretty picked over.

I picked up a 160gb ps3 slim for $15, but it would take or eject discs. I took it home to open it up just for fun and see if I could fix it.

It had 3 discs inside of it lol...

a copy of assassins creed, a blu ray of Cars and a dvd of Madagascar 2. Works perfectly fine now after pulling out those discs.

Dead as a doornail for weeks. Looks like that Star Wars series drained all my luck. Though I still have that rare? item that I don't really want appraised in case it's actually a knockoff.

I decided to kill some time between yard sales this Saturday and stopped by Savers, and was surprised to find everything in the store was 50% off. They had a few N64 bundles and I grabbed this one for $100. Kind of pricey for a thrift store, but I've been looking for this model of N64 so I can mod it and the games were worth it.

OhD6Uft.jpg

I decided to kill some time between yard sales this Saturday and stopped by Savers, and was surprised to find everything in the store was 50% off. They had a few N64 bundles and I grabbed this one for $100. Kind of pricey for a thrift store, but I've been looking for this model of N64 so I can mod it and the games were worth it.

OhD6Uft.jpg
That's a good deal, especially if the console works. There are some higher priced games mixed in there. Mario party 3, kirby, mario 64, pokemon stadium 2. Well worth what you paid

It does indeed work! It was a bit of a risk since I could only tell for sure that the WWF game and Pokemon Stadium 2 were in the bundle, but it's good that the salesperson was honest when he sad that there was at least Mario 64, Mario Kart, and DK64 in there. 

Picked these up from one Goodwill today. Spent $24 for everything (after donating up). PS2 with memory card was $6.98, Gameboy Advance lot (including games) was $6.98 and each Microsoft controller (black one is clearly in need of repair) was $3.98. I can't remember the last time I had a decent game find at this location. Pretty happy with all this.
HWugnnd.jpg

OhD6Uft.jpg
Wait, so the normal price of that bundle was $200? Wow. You may have made your money back, but that would have been an easy $50 bundle at the most in my city before any discount. I wouldn't have bothered. I don't deal with extortionist thrift stores. They get their shit for free and have the nerve to charge hundreds of dollars?

Yeah, I get that. I don't normally indulge in that sort of thing, but I've really been wanting an NS1 N64 and Pokemon Stadium 2 has also been high on my want list. I've also been a little starved for thrift store finds since my local Goodwill started shipping things off to the online store.

Damn, almost a month since my blue Wii pickup post....I'd kill for an okay find at this point! I dont want to assume but around that time I did see a new manager type person getting trained.... looks about 30ish and knowledgable about stuff I'd buy.

So, I guess nobody knows anything about this?
Not my expertise but I would avoid luxury brand at a thrift store at all costs. Too many fakes nowadays that look so authentic and real these days which make it's so hard to distinguish the real from the fake one. Because a few years ago I bought an Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 for $100 at Goodwill that look legit which turned out to be fake (I had a shoe collector from sneaker-con inspect it).

After striking out at a few thrift stores yesterday, I stopped by a local pawn shop. Pawn shops tend to always have more games than the thrifts but rarely do I come across a game I don't already own and want, so I pretty much expected to leave unhappy and frustrated like usual. I almost did after checking their video game rack, but also scanned where they have consoles stored in a glass display, and lo, these were in a box calling out to me at $1 each!

qNR0eTk.jpg

Damn, almost a month since my blue Wii pickup post....I'd kill for an okay find at this point! I dont want to assume but around that time I did see a new manager type person getting trained.... looks about 30ish and knowledgable about stuff I'd buy.
All the decent finds at my mom and I's fave Salvation Army store have dried up due to them cutting their inventory. We're lucky if we find anything worth while now.

My last good find came at our fave Goodwill store. It is an Ebonite 2 bowling ball tote and an original Brunswick Rhino urethane ball (15 lb.) bundle for $25.

Guess it's time to start checking out different thrift stores and pawn shops.

Ha the local pawn store has a girl who is always posting on Facebook Market place, those Genesis games wouldve been full on Ebay prices! Welp turns out my assuming might have been true. I see some shitty shovelware GBA games in the case in front of the registers, didnt look at the prices. Wait until people got out of the way, look at the glass cases on the side, see the stuff below............WTF?! All individually priced!  I go back to the GBA games.......$3-$9 apiece! Games are suppose to be $3 or $4 apiece! All that shit was DONATED! They paid nothing for any of it! Honestly theyre screwing themselves, I wouldve bought almost everything if they had been normal price! fucking BS.... it ruins the fun of the hunt. FYI, that $35 PS2 goes for $10 shipped on Ebay!

0KySBhZ.jpg
HdhDiQY.jpg
2OSCZAB.jpg

Thrift stores have been dead as a doornail for me. Freakin' sucks. But I grabbed this disc fixer a few weeks ago, then forgot about it. I really need a good disc fixer, so anybody know if this is a good one? Brand new.

tGIA7MV.jpg

Picked up a very clean pair of black and white Converse for $5 and a Zippo in the box with "JACK" on it for $10 at a smaller thrift store.

gElzkaI.jpg

My turn again? Okay! Well I guess GW and I might almost be even again after today. They still had most of those more than $3/$4 games in the case. Someone bought Ninja Assault, SMB Touch And Roll, and Silent Scope. They had like 6 PS2 controllers marked $6 apiece in the case (usually these are in the electronics for $3 apiece) and a sealed copy of Sly Cooper PS2 for $55 :dunce:. The girl even asked me, "is that right?! Cant be worth that much its a PS2 game!". Said, "its really not, whoever is trying to use Ebay or Amazon to price things doesnt know what their doing.....you should probably just stick with $4 apiece for games....its a fair price for donated games".

Today was 25% off blue sticker so I grabbed a few from the case and they came out to about normal price. I walk around the store, nothing much. Hit the DVD section last.........theres like 30 games all marked the normal price! PS1-PS3, 360, Wii, couple Xbox. I was like "wtf is going on here?!". Then I saw the Xbox on a rack they pushed out and grabbed it because I have just enough extra parts to make a complete system. Halo was inside. Everything works, all the games are complete. About $50 for everything pictured.

di6mgHZ.jpg

Picked up a very clean pair of black and white Converse for $5 and a Zippo in the box with "JACK" on it for $10 at a smaller thrift store.

gElzkaI.jpg
Neither one of those seems like good deals. Maybe hobo deals. Bro a new pair of converse at all the major retailers for like $29.99 and personally I don't wear used shoes or clothing. And a $10 dollar zippo with a name on it ain't anything special either.

Honestly IMO the seller got just as good a deal as I would rather have the $15 bucks too lol.

Typical Needler, always seem to be negative everytime you post! Wheres your finds at?! $5 for a clean pair of Converse in my size isnt a deal?! HA OKAY DUDE! A plain Jane Zippo sells for $15. This doesnt even look used. Engraving costs money as well. My nephews name is Jack so itll probably be a gift for when hes older.

Can't ever find anything in thrift store's. I did have luck in a pawnshop today

Each was 2 dollars
Animal crossing wild world with case,zelda link between worlds,metroid prime hunters with case,spyro ds,kirby superstar,plantsvszombies,animal crossing 3ds

bread's done
Back