2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Found the super mario show 4 disc box set for 2 bucks at goodwill. No scratches

Pawnshop i got the other games had hyrule warroirs wiiu and super paper mario each for a dollar. He said they were scratched but they worked and only had fingerprints.

Got out to the Salvation Army for the first time in over a month, haven't had any real luck lately, probably got my best haul so far this year...

Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii for $1.99

Powerman 5000 - Tonight The Stars Revolt! CD .59

Cadillac/Pontiac/Oldsmobile Ashtray from a Car Dealership 80 miles away for .99 (Guess this is from the early to mid 50s from the logos on it. Pontiac is the Indian head, Olds is the ringed planet and Cadillac is the crest without the wreath.)

my first 'rare' find for a long long time:

I found a complete copy of Clock Tower 2 for $1.99 at my local thrift. 

This game went up in price over the last couple years for sure.

my first 'rare' find for a long long time:

I found a complete copy of Clock Tower 2 for $1.99 at my local thrift.

This game went up in price over the last couple years for sure.
Wow. That's a hell of a find. That game's been on my list for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrift stores have been dead as a doornail for me. Freakin' sucks. But I grabbed this disc fixer a few weeks ago, then forgot about it. I really need a good disc fixer, so anybody know if this is a good one? Brand new.

tGIA7MV.jpg
I have one similar to it. Good for light scratches, maybe not so much for deeper ones and gets tedious turning that hand crank. I need to bite the bullet and buy one of those $100+ ones that is automatic as I’m sure it would pay for itself relatively quickly.

Didnt really go everyday after work so nothing since my Xbox and games pickup. I sold the Xbox for $40 on Ebay..........then it cost $39 to ship it. I almost felt like saying no and telling the guy it broke or something! I was expecting like $20 to ship! I remember shipping a heavy ass reel to reel player for $34 so it was a shock when she said $39 was cheapest! Good thing the games could cover the entire purchase!

I also FINALLY got someone to buy that Respironics CPAP machine/humidifier I bought like over a year ago. Ebay kept taking it down so its been sitting on CL and FB Marketplace. Met a local Mortgage Broker at his office and he looked it over, smelled for burning and mold/checked the airflow and time usage. It was 10 years old but only been used a total of 3 years, which is okay apparently. I said "$30?" and he didnt even hesitate since thats the same machine like 3 people in his family have and know how to fix/swap parts.

I have one similar to it. Good for light scratches, maybe not so much for deeper ones and gets tedious turning that hand crank. I need to bite the bullet and buy one of those $100+ ones that is automatic as I’m sure it would pay for itself relatively quickly.
Yeah, I did some research on it and apparently the buffer wheel thing is designed to break/wear down after about 25 uses, so I'm going to get my $2.50 out of it ($.10 almost exactly for each disc yeah!) then junk it and buy an expensive one later on.

By the way, mine doesn't use a hand crank. It uses batteries or a standard cable to operate it. Very loud when it's working.

Found a sealed copy of Final Fantasy X for PS2.. Black label too! Got it for a dollar
Got some skylanders to meet the $5 minimum on cards

Some good finds at several thrift stores and a pawn shop in the last week.

Salvation Army

Xbox One Kinect

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740 (wired USB)

Verbatim folding Bluetooth keyboard w/ carrying case

Dell 20-inch height adjustable computer monitor

Pittsburgh Steelers blanket (for my mom)

Books

Goodwill:

32-inch Sanyo LCD HDTV

Media Cabinet

Stuffed animal owls

Mini Baseball Bat

Cork coatsers set w/ owl design

"Life is Better with a Dog" shelf/wall decoration

Da Bears! (book about their 1985 season and SB win)

Animal Humane Thrift:

History Channel Civil War: A Nation Divided (PS2)

Ebonite single bowling ball bag w/ a few accessories

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (DVD, sealed)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (DVD)

The Legend of Tarzan (DVD)

Books

Valley Pawn

LG Network Blu-Ray/DVD Player

Madden NFL 2005 (Gamecube)

Madden NFL 2007 (Wii, sealed)

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)

Need for Speed: ProStreet (Wii)

All-Pro Football 2K8 (PS3)

No decent game finds but picked up some old NOFX CDs for $0.50 each... "Ribbed," "White Trash...," and "Punk in Drublic."

Got out to the big thrift store here.

They had a Wii and two PS2s (one was fat, think the other was skinny.) They were all $49.99. Hard pass.

They also had 3 girly DS games in the box and two Genesis games both 95 sports titles. One was loose and one was in the short box. Passed on all of those too.

Also had a bunch of Prima guides for $2 each. Lots of 6th gen games and some 7th. 90% of them were movie based games, though. I did see Crackdown, but passed.

My sole pick up ended up being a copy of the "WWE Book of Rules (And How to Break Them)" for 49 cents. Was tempted by Marvel Zombies but it was $3.99, so I passed.

Not the greatest pickup but Ill take it. Yellow stickers were 75% off and they mustve missed these or didnt bother retagging them. All complete, $4.31 total. Ill probably rip them to my laptop then throw them in an Ebay bundle. They also had an original Xbox......with no controllers or cables...........but 2 games..........for $30! I dont get it, I just bought that other Xbox a couple weeks ago for $6.

coFp1If.jpg

Xbox One - Elder Scrolls V Skyrim SE $6
Xbox 360 - Star Ocean Last Hope $4
Xbox 360 - Persona 4 Arena $4
DS - Professor Layton Diabolical Box $4
DS - Professor Layton Curious Village $4
N64  - Pokemon Stadium $1.21

IMG-5876-419.jpg

It appears this is the pawn shop thread also. I have found cash America pawn to be exceptionally good with prices recently. I have gotten games that are still popular and recently released on the cheap. Last week was great with one I stopped in:

Breath of the wild Wii U - $5
Red dead PS4 - $10 (was supposed to be $5 but oh well)
Zelda twilight princess Wii - $2
Zelda Skyward Sword - $2
Captain America PS3 - $2 (no idea this was hard to find)
God of War PS4 - $5
Assassins creed PS4 - $5
Far cry 5 PS4 - $3
Far cry New day PS4 - $3

Another cash America has a Xbox limited edition complete halo 2 for $2 that I grabbed.

I would’ve bought more as they had god eater 3, Zelda switch, and others but they had prices and couldn’t drop them too low. There were popular Wii U games but they weren’t quite low enough. This has been a trend though this year as cash America seems to be more proactive about moving games before they are no longer popular and sit on shelves forever.

It appears this is the pawn shop thread also. I have found cash America pawn to be exceptionally good with prices recently. I have gotten games that are still popular and recently released on the cheap. Last week was great with one I stopped in:

Breath of the wild Wii U - $5
Red dead PS4 - $10 (was supposed to be $5 but oh well)
Zelda twilight princess Wii - $2
Zelda Skyward Sword - $2
Captain America PS3 - $2 (no idea this was hard to find)
God of War PS4 - $5
Assassins creed PS4 - $5
Far cry 5 PS4 - $3
Far cry New day PS4 - $3

Another cash America has a Xbox limited edition complete halo 2 for $2 that I grabbed.

I would’ve bought more as they had god eater 3, Zelda switch, and others but they had prices and couldn’t drop them too low. There were popular Wii U games but they weren’t quite low enough. This has been a trend though this year as cash America seems to be more proactive about moving games before they are no longer popular and sit on shelves forever.
Great finds, thanks for sharing. That BOTW is clutch

Today was awesome. Breakdown of today.
N64 funtastic fire organge system with 2 nfl games and donkey kong 64.
Wiiu new in box super mario world 3d

All for 65

Flea market was mario kart wii,mario paint snes and mario galaxy and a wii mote and nunchuk for 25 altogether.

Holy shit nice finds. No video game finds for me today, but picked up some board/card games for the family - $2 each and all complete.

Double-twelve dominos
Mhing
Jun Sasaki's Koba Jakawa
Bruno Faidutti's Masquerade
Emiliano Sciarra's Bang!

Struck out at GW this weekend but scored at the local small thrift! Grabbed all the PS2, PSP, Wii stuff and she said "$1 apiece?". I said "thats perfect!". Then the other lady walks over and says "you interested in those little Nintendo games?". She then brings out all the DS/3DS stuff pictured. Says the local gamestore gave her $42 for what I assume was the 3DS and then offered $72 credit for the rest. Store credit was no good for her because the money was for the store. She was gonna put it on Facebook Marketplace. I asked if $60 cash would work after seeing the games included. She gladly accepted.

LIPcNji.jpg
yVnPeD3.jpg
5nk0VZB.jpg

My adventure today

Pawn shop
2 link's crossbow training games for wii
Glory of Hercules ds
Mario kart ds

All for 4 dollar's

Now I've been putting up ads that say i buy ds/3ds/and wiiu games. Some hit me up for legend of zelda breath of the wild. Paper mario color splash and yoshi. I asked how much he said 10 for all.

forgot to post Wednesday but I got 

:360: Red Dead Redemption for $2

:360: Two Worlds for $1.49

:360: CSI Fatal Conspiracy (for achievements) for $1.49

and

a Black RVL-001 Wii (to play GameCube games on) for $10

Last Saturday's finds at Salvation Army:

NCIS: The Complete Edition Box Set (DVD) - $10

Sing (BRD/DVD/HD Digital - New, unopened) - $1

:ps3: LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham  $1

I grabbed these last month. Too lazy to post until now. Man, the cashier was ticked. I knew he wanted these for himself. Either they're allowed to buy it or he was planning on having a friend come by to buy them for him. They were $2 each from a thrift store I rarely go to because the selection is usually Garbador. I go there very often now though.

FQktd6l.jpg

Some goods finds at Animal Humane Thrift today for $16:

:360: LEGO Batman

:360: Rainbow Six Vegas

:br: The Green Lantern - BRD/DVD/Digital, brand new

:br: Captain America: The First Avenger - BDR/DVD/Digital, brand new

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

:dvd: Get Smart 2-Disc Special Edition

:dvd: A Goofy Movie

:xb1: Xbox One game case w/ a random Flight of the Conchords CD inside (just wanted the case as a replacement)

A 2-in-1 book for my Mom

"Spare Change" Bowling Ball shaped Piggy Bank

Well things have slow down completely around here since my last post. Picked this up last week, It's a $3 trashcan.... dont be jealous!

jHgNW3i.jpg

Finally did well today, not at a thrift, but at a thrift price. Sniped someone at Gamestop trying to sell their 500GB Xbox One. GS offered her $60 cash, I offered her $64 so she wouldn't say no, and she accepted. Needed a serious cleaning and not as good as Postaboy's GW deal, but for a fully working system, I'll take it. Even came with some games still on the HD.

So i need an opinion. The thrift shop has the halo reach limited edition 360 with 2 controllers for 60 plus 20% off. Is this thing a good flip?

Also same shop Okami HD ps4,golden sun for GBA and castlevania circle of the moon for 22. Good buy

The games it looks like are $4.99 each, and the SNES Advantage either says $119.99 or $19.99. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Wow, that snes box looks pretty mint. That’s an awesome find, so glad to know things like this are still being found out there in 2019. Motivates me to go thrifting more often.

Goodwill today
Super paper mario complete
Call of duty black ops collection. Missing BO2 but has MW3

Done going out for the week until saturday. Everything was picked at GW all around. Think we had a sale i missed

some good, good finds at an out of the way goodwill:

I went inside and looked around to find nothing ( a couple of ps2 games not worth mentioning). checked all the display cases and found another psp game and not much else. Was bout to head out when I saw another display case near jewelery that was turned around away from everyone so I thought well let me check that really quick. 

It was full of games, not sure why they were put there as that wasnt even their place in the store.

I checked and found for 5 dollars each the following DS games with cases:

Worms Open Warfare

Final Fantasy 3

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 

Opened them up to find further GBA games inside the cases as well:

Final Fantasy 6 advance

Final Fantasy 4 advance

Tales of Phantasia

Good, excellent; kept looking to find a mint blue Nintendo DS for 19.99 (I grabbed it just because it was in such nice condition - looked like it was never played) And followed that up with a bunch of 360 / ps3 games (a lot were sealed). I left all the sealed ones behind because I just dont need any more 360/ps3 games but I did grab for 3 dollars each:

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture edition

The Fight (I didnt even realize I bought this until I looked in the bag later lol)

Epic Mickey 2

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

House of the Dead Overkill

Protoype sealed

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition with big box / all extras.

Avatar PSP UMD only (eh why not)

finally I find 2 more DS games for 4.99 and these maybe deserve a pic cause theyre my favorite part of the lot:

[attachment=32896:80965216-5-F5-B-4-D3-E-BFD6-E1-F3-E7-E25911.jpg]

[attachment=32897:C2-E57-F4-D-B6-B0-470-E-9870-825602-A6-F5-CF.jpg]

yea its not THAT valuable, but definitely keeping that first run sealed.

some good, good finds at an out of the way goodwill:

I went inside and looked around to find nothing ( a couple of ps2 games not worth mentioning). checked all the display cases and found another psp game and not much else. Was bout to head out when I saw another display case near jewelery that was turned around away from everyone so I thought well let me check that really quick.

It was full of games, not sure why they were put there as that wasnt even their place in the store.

I checked and found for 5 dollars each the following DS games with cases:
Worms Open Warfare
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Opened them up to find further GBA games inside the cases as well:

Final Fantasy 6 advance
Final Fantasy 4 advance
Tales of Phantasia

Good, excellent; kept looking to find a mint blue Nintendo DS for 19.99 (I grabbed it just because it was in such nice condition - looked like it was never played) And followed that up with a bunch of 360 / ps3 games (a lot were sealed). I left all the sealed ones behind because I just dont need any more 360/ps3 games but I did grab for 3 dollars each:

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture edition
The Fight (I didnt even realize I bought this until I looked in the bag later lol)
Epic Mickey 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
House of the Dead Overkill
Protoype sealed
Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition with big box / all extras.
Avatar PSP UMD only (eh why not)

finally I find 2 more DS games for 4.99 and these maybe deserve a pic cause theyre my favorite part of the lot:

yea its not THAT valuable, but definitely keeping that first run sealed.
Sweet finds. I haven't been hunting as much as I used too. I feel the retro market has cooled off a little bit so hopefully these finds will start happening with more frequency

NICE!!! Gotta be one of the GOAT find ever!!!

Brought memories when I found the holy grail - dagger of UNCHARTED 2 FORTUNE HUNTER COLLECTORS EDITION - only 200 made I believe (complete set goes for $5,000 to $10,000 on eBay last time I checked) at Goodwill for $7.99 7 years ago. I sold it a couple years ago for $1000 cash locally. No regret because it was purchased by a hardcore video game collector.

Here's a thread about my dagger find - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/295217-uncharted-2-fortune-hunter-dagger-at-goodwill/

I bought a CIB sega CD model 2 for $100 shipped on eBay, and it got me wondering:

Was there ever a combo / dual sega cd and genesis bundle sold? I swear I remember a box that had both the sega cd model 2 and the genesis included, but I can’t find any pics of it online whatsoever. I can only find pics of regular sega cd boxes.

It’s not the CDX or x’eye either. Anyone know?

Couldnt remember what I last posted on here. Had some good finds the past week or so. Walked into GW after work like last Monday (10/14) and the girl at checkout said, "Hi, ....hey hun shes getting ready to put some game stuff in the case. Good timing."  She happens to be there everytime I buy something so she knows what Im looking for. I walk over and do a little glance, all I saw was an AtGames Sega for $20....hard pass and a $6 DualShock....no thanks, still have 3 in my extras box.  I walk around, find nothing, walk back up and check the case one more time since the girl was done putting stuff in there. I see the controllers first, $6 apiece. Then the games. Goldeneye was on top marked $9.... I said "ugh....here we go". Asked to look at the stack expecting sports games, turned out to be a good stack. Priced higher than what they should be for donations but still a deal for these games! Plus I rarely see non Wii/DS Nintendo stuff put out! 

Went back on 10/17 and see a bunch of DS/3DS games in the case. Mostly shovelware games. Grabbed Pokemon-$9,  Kirby Triple Deluxe- $6, Kirby Super Star Ultra- $3. Looked in the other case and they had the Xbox Design Lab controller for $15. After taking it apart, cleaning it up, and bending the metal post for the battery back in place it seems to work great! I went on XBDL and made the same controller, wouldve been like $90!

Went in today and they had a bunch of PS2/360/PS3/Wii meh games or okay games but missing booklets. At least they were all $4 apiece this time! They wanted $15 for Ninja Gaiden NES, naw! Grabbed a sealed 8 pack of 60 Watt spiral lightbulbs for $6.

xoqIqxv.jpg
kkQomsS.jpg
uVyyTui.jpg
cfREavi.jpg

Grabbed this Pokemon thing for $1 and a work shirt for $2 at a small thrift store. I guess someone was mad about my recent pickups because now they want $65 for a fat PS2 with 2 controllers, cables, and 7 common games.... The girl asked if I wanted to look at it and im just like, "not really. Ive bought PS2s from this store for $10-$20 apiece and those games would be $3 or $4 apiece...."

3VLFBFU.jpg
cb5qyBY.jpg

Bought Super Mario 64 for $10 and a bag of N64 games also for $10.

[attachment=33087:IMG_20191101_174424.jpg]

Games inside the bag:

[attachment=33088:IMG_20191101_174450.jpg]

Mega Man Legends 2 and Final Fantasy Anthology PS1. Both in pristine mint perfect condition. $4 each.

IMG-5888.jpg
IMG-5891.jpg

I decided to kill some time between yard sales this Saturday and stopped by Savers, and was surprised to find everything in the store was 50% off. They had a few N64 bundles and I grabbed this one for $100. Kind of pricey for a thrift store, but I've been looking for this model of N64 so I can mod it and the games were worth it.

OhD6Uft.jpg
Not a terrible deal. If everything works say the system is $50, controllers $20 each, and the games are about $120, you got much more than you paid.

bread's done
Back