20GB PS3 $380 at Gamestop.com

I had to jump on this one. BC was just too important to me to not get a 60 or 20 GB PS3. The game lineup is still weak but next year things will start rolling. Besides I got Orange Box, PGR4, Blue Dragon, NHL 08, and Halo 3 I need to play for the 360. Oh what problems to have.

This is a very nice CHEAP way to get a new PS3.
Great deal.

And this is from EBgames.com/gamestop.com which are pretty bad for "Deals"..
They just have to get rid of stock.

Lucky us.

hmmm how long do you guys think this batch of 20gb ps3 will last? i know theres not many left...

im debating on whether to ge the 20gb from gamestop or get in on the Walmart deal, which has the bill me later feature?

which seems like the better deal to you guys between those two? the 20gb will be $422 and the 60gb will be about $550 but also comes with a game and blu ray remote

im a little short on cash but i know i need to get either a 20gb ps3 or a 60gb ps3 in order to get full BC real soon, otherwise there will be none left

[quote name='anarchyburger']hmmm how long do you guys think this batch of 20gb ps3 will last? i know theres not many left...

im debating on whether to ge the 20gb from gamestop or get in on the Walmart deal, which has the bill me later feature?

which seems like the better deal to you guys between those two? the 20gb will be $422 and the 60gb will be about $550 but also comes with a game and blu ray remote

im a little short on cash but i know i need to get either a 20gb ps3 or a 60gb ps3 in order to get full BC real soon, otherwise there will be none left[/QUOTE]

hard choice.

I guess i would go with the 60gig since you get built in wifi as well.
But for less money the 20gig is fine ( i own it)

I dont think they will last more then 3 weeks.

[quote name='anarchyburger']hmmm how long do you guys think this batch of 20gb ps3 will last? i know theres not many left...

im a little short on cash but i know i need to get either a 20gb ps3 or a 60gb ps3 in order to get full BC real soon, otherwise there will be none left[/QUOTE]

I personally don't think Wi-fi, more storage, a game (what game?), and a blu ray remote are worth $128. I'd go with the 20GB.

I'm surprised it is in stock at all especially since the 60GB is now backordered. I guess everyone is waiting for the $399 40GB and most don't care about BC?

[quote name='anarchyburger']

[/QUOTE]

How did you get to $422? With value shipping which was $10.49 for me and the DIAMOND code, my order total was $403.xx, that was with 6% sales tax, even with a higher tax rate it should still be under $415

My order shipped today, I can't wait to continue GTA SA which I stopped playing 6 months ago when my PS2 broke.

i ordered it today. its a lil late because on the final checkout pages it said backordered but hopefully it will go thru. how does gamestop go about handling their backordered stuff, does anyone know?

It's YMMV, I got a backordered game delivered but some plug and play discontinued game was cancelled. Since the 20GB is out of production, I don't know if they can fill the order unless they have them stocked somewhere.

ok i'll just have to wait and see... my credit card got charged already and i got an order confirmation email and it didnt say anythnig about being backordered in the email so maybe it just went thru

dammit! my order is backordered and its bullshit cuz they charged my credit card then only credited back $300 instead of the full $400 so i guess theyre keeping $100 just in case its not backordered... but fuck that shit im just gonna cancel my order first thing in the morning

and its very disappointing to find out that you cant cancel your order online thru gamestop's website.... all in all, i hate EB/GS!!

[quote name='anarchyburger']dammit! my order is backordered and its bullshit cuz they charged my credit card then only credited back $300 instead of the full $400 so i guess theyre keeping $100 just in case its not backordered... but fuck that shit im just gonna cancel my order first thing in the morning

and its very disappointing to find out that you cant cancel your order online thru gamestop's website.... all in all, i hate EB/GS!![/QUOTE]

I am in a similar situation though the item status was showing available through the whole order process for me and it didn't show back ordered until I checked the order status today. Let me know if canceling the order was a hassle.

Geez. I can't even ORDER through Gamestop/EB's website. The old, real EB site worked fine for me, but the new one declines my credit card for some reason. A card I've NEVER EVER had an issue with anywhere else EVER.

Gamestop and Toy's R Us must have the same web design team ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Geez. I can't even ORDER through Gamestop/EB's website. The old, real EB site worked fine for me, but the new one declines my credit card for some reason. A card I've NEVER EVER had an issue with anywhere else EVER.

Gamestop and Toy's R Us must have the same web design team ;)[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem for MONTHS-- wouldn't take my perfectly fine credit card. Took many, many calls to get it straightened out. (probably too many to be worth my time)

The backordered status means that they have probably sold out their entire 20 gb stock. Once the 60 gb became backordered, they removed it from their site.

[quote name='felixlighter']I am in a similar situation though the item status was showing available through the whole order process for me and it didn't show back ordered until I checked the order status today. Let me know if canceling the order was a hassle.[/quote]yeah same here i ordered it but it didnt say backordered until i checked it... imma cancel in a bit so i'll tell ya how much of a hassle it is

update: i called to cancel my order just now, it still says backordered online but i called customer service and they said they couldnt cancel it at all anymore and it is ready to be shipped and should ship either today or tomorrow

thats kinda wierd that it still says backordered online and that im not able to cancel even on the phone....

EDIT: my order status is changed to shipped now

[quote name='anarchyburger']UPDATE: i called to cancel my order just now, it still says backordered online but i called customer service and they said they couldnt cancel it at all anymore and it is ready to be shipped and should ship either today or tomorrow

thats kinda wierd that it still says backordered online and that im not able to cancel even on the phone....[/QUOTE]

Edit this post with an update if your order is shipped. I'm a little concerned.

EDIT: my order status is changed to shipped now

Thanks for the update. No movement on my order but maybe I'll give it a day or two.

Just got my system delivered, downloading the system update now. No movie included (figured I had a chance since 20GB was discontinued so long ago), I was so surprised about how heavy the system was, Gamestop shipped it in a huge box with tons of those air pockets.

Funny how the "tard pack" is a better deal than the upcoming 40 gig "hobbled" edition. Definitely pic one up if you want BC, the 20 gig model was the one I had that had the disc feed problem (why slot-loading WHY?).

hey felixlighter, what day did you order you ps3? i ordered mine 10/22 and it said backordered up until today when it finally changed to shipped. so you might want to just give customer service a call and they will be able to check the status for you.

edit: product page says backordered instead of in stock, for all those who might have been interested...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Funny how the "tard pack" is a better deal than the upcoming 40 gig "hobbled" edition. Definitely pic one up if you want BC, the 20 gig model was the one I had that had the disc feed problem (why slot-loading WHY?).[/QUOTE]

It never was a "tard pack" though. People just thought it was because they equated it with the 360 packaging, even though that wasn't a valid comparison. Now the new 40GB version actually is a tard pack IMO. It's put me off the PS3 for good.

[quote name='anarchyburger']hey felixlighter, what day did you order you ps3? i ordered mine 10/22 and it said backordered up until today when it finally changed to shipped. so you might want to just give customer service a call and they will be able to check the status for you.

edit: product page says backordered instead of in stock, for all those who might have been interested...[/QUOTE]

I didn't order it until the 23rd, so it's likely that I'm out of luck. I was considering buying it on the 22nd but it was marked as back ordered by the time I made up my mind. The next day I checked it again and the status showed that it was available on the item page, in my shopping cart and on the order confirmation screen. The next day I checked the status of my order and it said the item was back ordered. If there is no movement on my order by the time I get home from work today I will call customer service to cancel.

By the way did you get a tracking number? I don't want to call support and have them tell me they can't cancel because the order has been marked as shipped but then not get a tracking number to confirm that it is in fact being shipped.

[quote name='felixlighter']I didn't order it until the 23rd, so it's likely that I'm out of luck. I was considering buying it on the 22nd but it was marked as back ordered by the time I made up my mind. The next day I checked it again and the status showed that it was available on the item page, in my shopping cart and on the order confirmation screen. The next day I checked the status of my order and it said the item was back ordered. If there is no movement on my order by the time I get home from work today I will call customer service to cancel.

By the way did you get a tracking number? I don't want to call support and have them tell me they can't cancel because the order has been marked as shipped but then not get a tracking number to confirm that it is in fact being shipped.[/quote]it takes like a day or two to process the order. and yeah once i called customer service and they told me it was ready to be shipped my order status changed to shipped later that day and they gave me a tracking number with it

bread's done
Back