24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

[quote name='tenzor']I loved the way it ended. Although there was not much action like other 24 season finales, it was a very emotional finale, and a perfect way to end it in my opinion. Season 8 was definitely not the best Season, but I felt the last 8 episodes of Season 8 were among the best 24 episodes I have seen. The finale was also my favorite finale out of all the other seasons.

Also a Shield TV show spoiler below, for those that have not watched that show, but want to watch it eventually.

The scenes with Chloe and Jack definitely had me :cry:. Loved the Logan scene in the final moments :applause: (Reminded me of Shane from the Shield). The scenes with President Taylor and Hassan were also good. I really loved the end, and it sets up the movie perfectly. It was really the best way to end it, and preserve a future with the 24 movie.

The things I loved about the end, was how CTU was cleared out except for Cole, Arlo and Chloe, so they could find Jack uninterrupted, and the great conversation exchanged between Jack and Chloe in the final moments were very touching. The final words said by Chloe, "Shut it down" was a nice way to send the series off as Jack goes on the run. Oh, and I loved the backward countdown clock at the end :applause:

Bring on the 24 movie! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Man, you just quoted one of the best, if not the best tv series ever!!!!THE SHIELD....that season really ended in a bang, it ended perfectly, no one was ,I mean no one, said it was a bad ending, it was just perfect, the way the series plot build up, till that final scenes...MAGNIFICENT!!!

The finale is about what I expected. It wasn't great, but did what it needed to do for a movie setup. I knew there was no way Jack was going to kill any of the presidents involved.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Is anybody else a little disappointed that Aaron didn't show up this season?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But I'll go on record here and say he will definitely be in the movie.

I am somewhat disappointed in the finale, moreso because I thought that they had to kill Jack off. And there was way to much focus on President Taylor, who I have never liked.

The movie should be interesting, since they can go for a R rating if they want and can do more than they could on tv.

I'd be shocked if they went for an R over a PG-13 though. Whole point is so make $$$ and going with R cuts down the audience a good bit. So they'll probably keep language and violence on par with the TV series for the most part and go for the PG 13.

Would love to be wrong about that, but with movies like the last Die Hard going that route to get bigger box offices, I'd be surprised if 24 with it's TV roots didn't do the same.

i can't believe it's over.

one of my favorite moments of the series.. when Jack dropped the F bomb on.. what was her name, Driscoll? i think it's in the season 4 extras.. he says "let me do my fuckin job"..

NO JACK! YOU CANNOT LEAVE US! :(

I thought the finale was fine, would have been cool to see Jack take out the Russian pres and Logan then evade his pursuers. However, even though Jack was going off the deep end after Rene was killed he still just wanted justice and all the people involved to pay for their crimes.
One of the best moments of this series was Jack telling Chloe that he never thought that she would be the one who had his back for all those years. It was an extremely touching moment, and a wonderful goodbye between friends. Loved Jack having Logan in his cross hairs “I have a 556 rifle pointed straight at your head…which travels two thousand nine hundred feet per second. If you try to move, you’re a dead man.” I got a kick out of when Logan was talking to Taylor about no matter what hole or prison they put Jack in he will find a way to crawl out of it SO TRUE!! :applause: My guess for how it would end was either Jack was going to fake his death (ala Season 4 I believe) or Chloe would help him get away. It lays the groundwork for the movie perfectly.

I was late to getting into 24 I had heard great things but it conflicted with my work schedule and I didn't have a DVR. Best Buy had a sale about four years ago and I bought Season one for 20 bucks. It sat unopened for about a year then during Summer reruns I decided it was a perfect time to start the show (also my sister was watching the first season and said it was awesome). Pretty much from the first episode I liked it but I was not truly hooked until about four or five episodes into the first season. I knew I was hooked when I was watching three or four episodes a night. During this time Best Buy had another sale and I bought 2-5 for twenty dollars each. After Season one I started on two and didn't stop until Season 4 (because the fall season of shows started). I eventually caught up to the first airings of the show at the end of Season 6 and Season 7 was the first one I watched one episode at a time.

One of the best TV shows of all time I can't wait for the movie.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Will the movie be out by 2011? Any details been announced?[/QUOTE]

They said 2011 at the earliest. A first draft of the script has been written, but nothing else has been done. The story is suppose to take place
in Europe

Please don't compare the last season of 24 to the last season of The Shield..... there is just no comparison quality wise. While I thought the finale of 24 was fine the last episode of The Shield is one of the best series finale's I have ever seen, seriously a masterpiece. 24 was good but c'mon let's not get all crazy.

It took me a little to try and figure out my thoughts on the finale and the best way to sum it up was, it was good...not what I expected, would have liked it to go a diff way, but Ill take it and be happy with it.

Did anyone watch "The Road" that came out yesterday on dvd that has actually read the book, what were your thoughts, I was really disappointed myself.

- Jason

Sorry didn't notice the "24" remark, thought it was a general tv/movie discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why post that here?

Anyway, I read The Road a while back and didn't like the book much. I have the blu ray on my Netflix que--but it's on very long wait and I have a few things ahead of it so it will be a bit before I get to it.

Heh, seems Cherry Jones thought the season sucked too--she withdrew herself from an Emmy nomination.

The star told EW.com, "By the end of the season, these guys (producers) are just this side of brain dead. They have been trying so hard. They don't have an arc. Most TV shows would have an arc and they would figure out how to nudge everybody in the direction they wanted to go... (The producers) try to follow things they think will be the most shocking."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=504391&gt1=28103

^ This season certainly didn't suck, it was not on the level of shit-piles Seasons 5 and 6.

it was solid. nothing amazing.

You really thought season 5 was that bad? Wasn't that the season that won the emmy for best drama and best actor for Sutherland?

It wasn't my favorite season, but I thought it was solid. Season 6 was god awful though.

Googled it, here's were season 5's emmy nominations and wins.

Emmy nominations

Season Five of 24 was nominated for twelve Emmy Awards, becoming the most nominated series. The nominations were:

* Outstanding Drama Series - WON
* Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) - WON
* Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Gregory Itzin)
* Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Jean Smart)
* Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series ("9:00 PM – 10:00 PM")
* Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Jon Cassar, "7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8][9] - WON
* Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8]
* Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("9:00 AM – 10:00 AM") - WON
* Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) ("6:00 AM – 7:00 AM") - WON
* Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series ("9:00 PM – 10:00 PM")
* Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing for a Series ("7:00 AM – 8:00 AM")[8]
* Outstanding Stunt Coordination ("9:00 AM – 10:00 AM")

Like I said, not my favorite season, but I though it was good and it was real received. So it just struck me to see it compared to the universally panned season 6.

This would be like the 20th time Sutherland or a Fox rep has said the movie was going forward. Scripts keep getting rejected, budgets keep getting rejected.

I'll believe the movie is coming when I see an actual trailer and confirmed release date.

bread's done
Back