24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

[quote name='keithp']DO NOT fuck with Jack Bauer! :D[/QUOTE]

That was some sick shit at the end. The end of this season totally has saved it. These past few episodes have been ridiculous.

Oh man, why could didn't they make the entire god damn season like the last two episodes. fucking amazing. The previews for next week look amazingly awesome too. Jack is the fucking man.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wasnt watching it but the end looked like Jack should be in Army of Two[/QUOTE]

Hell , yeah...ARMY OF TWO...next monday!!!How I missed those famous Jack torturing scenes....I still have the smell of burnt skin on my smellorama 3d hd super xvga TV!!!!

That was 24 at it's best, simply amazing. Looks like #24 is giving a shout out to the video game Army of Two next week

I guess when they started filming the waterboarding scenes, the producers knew there wouldn't be a Day 9. With all the flack the show got about torture in past seasons, must have been satisfying to finally pull out all the stops.

One of the best episodes of 24 all time. Political intrigue, A shootout in a department store. Chloe starting to see that Jack has not completely lost it and there is actually a conspiracy. Madsen's character finally doing something. Jack torturing the man responsible for Rena's murder in very extreme fashion! Jack realizing Logan was one of the men behind the whole thing. The preview for next week looks nuts!!

I think we're working up to a hell of a finish with the past couple of weeks and the three hours to go.

Jack pulling out all the stops is a very scary thing indeed. Next week's episode looks so over the top, it's delicious.

I am not enjoying these past episodes as much as some of you, but the prospects of the final few episodes are definitely amazing.

The look on Logan's face tonight in the limo was great!!! :D

I'm looking forward to the series finale next week, but then.....no....more.....Jack.... :cry:

"That's Jack Bauer! He's coming for me!" :lol:

Seriously, tonight's episode was awesome. Next week seems even to finish this thing off with a bang.

Oh, I think he's surpassed Tony.
He's the bad guy now. And quite frankly, it's the most awesome thing the show has done. Why? Because he's 100% badass I don't give a fuck about your shit anymore kind of bad guy. He's stabbing people through the chest with fire pokers. What's he going to do next? Assassinate the Russian President for killing Renee.

It's going to be sweet.

I think this one was the best episode so far this season. I can only wonder how they're going to wrap this all up in the two-hour finale next week.

How on earth are they going to have a movie with Jack after this???

If Jack doesn't get killed on sight (which is unlikely since he *is* going to be in the movie after all) he's going to be hunted down by every law enforcement agency in the country.

I can't wait for next week!!

On another note, anyone else disappointed we didn't get to see the Russian die, all they showed was the fire poker in his chest?

An amazing episode the series finale looks to be just as nuts! It's going to suck since this is it for the TV show but I'm happy it's going out bad ass!

The second half of this season has been nothing short of amazing. fucking Jack Bauer losing it these past few episodes has just been fantastic.

Killing Rene was the best thing to happen to this show! I was sad to see her go, but watching Jack go on this rampage is fucking awesome!

Amazing episode, and it's good to see that a lot of people enjoyed it. Next week is going to be the end of an era, but should be one hell of a finale. The official 24 site has 7 preview clips for the finale if anyone is interested http://www.fox.com/24

It's been a bit too over the top for me this season--but suppose they had to end the series with a bang. Still entertaining nonetheless, but I'm honestly glad the series is finally coming to an end.

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's been a bit too over the top for me this season--but suppose they had to end the series with a bang. Still entertaining nonetheless, but I'm honestly glad the series is finally coming to an end.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree it has been over the top, but since it is the end of the series I am overlooking it. At the very least, the show has been so much better than it was at the start of the season.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I definitely agree it has been over the top, but since it is the end of the series I am overlooking it. At the very least, the show has been so much better than it was at the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. With all the Dana and Kevin crap etc. the season was shaping up to be Season 6 level of suckiness. So it's turned out much better than I'd hoped at the half way point or so for sure.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Definitely agree. With all the Dana and Kevin crap etc. the season was shaping up to be Season 6 level of suckiness. So it's turned out much better than I'd hoped at the half way point or so for sure.[/QUOTE]

Even though the last few eps have tried hard to redeem this season I think I'd still rank Season 6 above this one. I plan on re-watching all of the seasons after next week, so I'll really reserve judgement until then, but I don't remember 6 being as bad as the Dana/Jenny/Kevin crap we had to go through the first 12 hours of today.

So I'm a late-comer to 24 having just started watching last season. I'm watching season 1 at the moment and it's pretty good. Which season do you guys think is the best?

6 was still worse IMO, as the whole season pretty much sucked. Where this season it was just half of the first half (the Dana/Kevin crap).

Too much non-nonsensical political BS in season 6.

[quote name='powercreep']So I'm a late-comer to 24 having just started watching last season. I'm watching season 1 at the moment and it's pretty good. Which season do you guys think is the best?[/QUOTE]

3 best in order:

[quote name='powercreep']So I'm a late-comer to 24 having just started watching last season. I'm watching season 1 at the moment and it's pretty good. Which season do you guys think is the best?[/QUOTE]

The first by a good bit IMO.

I'd probably rank the seasons:

Eight right now would be between 7 and 3 for me--finale could move it up or down a little.

To be honest, it's hard to rank them as it's really more like three categories with season 1 alone at the top as a truly great season, then a big drop off with 4/5/2/7 being good to very good seasons then another big drop off for 3 and 6 being good to fair seasons at best.

I really liked season 5 the best. Of course, I haven't seen the earlier seasons in quite a long time, so maybe those might be better. One of these days I would love to watch all of the seasons again.

Toss up for 1, 4 and 5, all of which I really liked, then 2, 3, 6 and 7. Hmm, thinking a little more that's probably the correct order for the first three.

So I'd say 1 ,4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

I envy being able to watch all the seasons as a newbie! But you should really watch the seasons in order if you can. Anyhow, enjoy!!

Someone watching on Netflix is going to like the seasons alot more than the die hard fans. This is due to seasons having a bunch of breaks thrown in between episodes and fans having to wait weeks if not months in some cases for a payoff. A person watching on netflix gets the payoff immediately.

I watched seasons 1-6 on DVD, only 7 and 8 live.

It's always better watching serial dramas that way without the breaks--even for a show like 24 that airs continuosly.

Didn't factor into my rankings though. Hated season 6 even on DVD, thought season 7 was pretty decent. Mixed bag on this current season.

I have always thought seasons 1-4 to be the best seasons personally. Over time I have slightly come around to season 5. I haven't been much of a fan of seasons 6-8.

Here is my Season Ranking

#1 Season 5
#2 Season 1
#3 Season 7 (make sure you watch Redemption, it ties into Day 7 very well)
#4 Season 4
#5 Season 3
#6 Season 2
#7 Season 6

Basically Season 6 was the worst for me, the story telling wasn't as good as the other seasons. They introduced a few things too quick, and eventually made it very out of place and stupid in terms of story. However, Season 6 still had some good moments, but overall it was the worst of the 8 seasons in my opinion.

I am not sure where Season 8 is going to rank, I am not gong to rank it yet until I see the finale, but I must say the first half of Season 8 did start out real slow, and didn't feel as intense or '24' like. Then from like Episode 13 all the way to now, it picked it up real nice, especially from Episode 17 and on. In fact I think Episode 17-24 will be the best 24 story arc out of all the seasons.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Hopefully Fox will rush out season 8 on Blu-Ray much like they did for season 7. I'm actually stunned they haven't announced anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I think the only reason Season 7 was released so early was because of the writers strike which allowed them to release it a lot sooner since they got filming done earlier. I think Season 8 will follow the old release structure of being release in November-December. Hopefully they release a complete series set on Blu-Ray also.

Many people hated season 6, but for me, having Jack's father and brother sure were enough for me, to like that season....,sorry haters.!!!

bread's done
Back