25% Off Orders $100+ at GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14672[/IMG-R]Use coupon code 25DEAL to get 25% off in-stock items at GameStop.com

Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
just ordered

red dead redemption
halo reach
fallout new vegas
call of duty black ops

nice halo reach comes with 20 dollar coupon
red dead comes with 10 dollar coupon

yay

Holy crap, again? How are they making any money?

Must resist, as I already blew way too much money with last month's 25% off coupon...

[quote name='CheapyD']If you spend $100, yes. If you spend $200, it's $50 off....etc.[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's really sad that it's necessary to spell this out for people. What has become of our education system? No child left behind, my ass.

Thanks DemonGamer24 and ArQuesta! And that's odd how 25OFF is magically working again, I'll have to get Split Second and Blur now! :p

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Thanks DemonGamer24 and ArQuesta! And that's odd how 25OFF is magically working again, I'll have to get Split Second and Blur now! :p[/QUOTE]

I did this pre-order in April, good to see that the 25off code is back, better than the new code due to pre-orders.

[quote name='killer9']just ordered

red dead redemption
halo reach
fallout new vegas
call of duty black ops

nice halo reach comes with 20 dollar coupon
red dead comes with 10 dollar coupon

yay[/QUOTE]

Wait, I thought everyone said this doesn't work with pre-orders.....

[quote name='graf1k']Wait, I thought everyone said this doesn't work with pre-orders.....[/QUOTE]
25OFF does but 25DEAL does not. The only difference (if my memory serves me) is that 25OFF worked with pre-orders but 25DEAL is only in-stock i.e. something is already released.

[quote name='graf1k']Wait, I thought everyone said this doesn't work with pre-orders.....[/QUOTE]

Used 25OFF for pre orders

[quote name='musicjunkie']25OFF does but 25DEAL does not. The only difference (if my memory serves me) is that 25OFF worked with pre-orders but 25DEAL is only in-stock i.e. something is already released.[/QUOTE]

Well good of them to activate 25DEAL so 25OFF would start working again ;)

[quote name='killer9']any other coupons stack with 25off ?[/QUOTE]

I tried many different ways, but just as last months "25OFF" code, no stacking whatsoever.

Hooray! Was really disappointed that I missed 25off last time. Ordered RDR and UFC2010. Now to cancel my Amazon preorder. Thank you CAG!

[quote name='One4Deuce']If only I could stack my $10 coupon code with this I'd probably take advantage.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I could combine 15AUTO with 25OFF so this sale is a bit of a letdown.

Well I'm happy.. I got two copies of Fifa World Cup 2010 for $85 after tax w/ free 3 day shipping

I'm trading back my copies of Assassin's Creed 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction that I got from the last deal... disappointed in both, but especially in Splinter Cell.

Even on the hardest difficulty Splinter Cell was just too easy and unrealistic. It didn't feel stealthy at all. If you get spotted, you just move 10 feet and hide behind a box while they yell inane insults at you. As for Assassin's Creed 2, it seemed like a big improvement over the original, but I just wasn't really having any fun playing it regardless. Ubisoft doesn't seem to make the kind of games I like.

(Fortunately, I also picked up GTA: Liberty City Stories and Demon's Souls, so it wasn't a total wash that go around.)

P.S. - I really wish I had gotten Amazon coupons for the above games instead of Gamestop, because the coupon basically covers tax + shipping. And any free shipping deals nix the code. Blah.

These deals never work for me anymore..I input the code and I always get conflict errors. It's weird.. :( I emailed gamestop about it and they said "dont know, buy it anyway and we'll credit you the money back" but they never have -_-

edit: example, I added used copies of Super Mario Bros Wii & Mario Party 8 to my cart, as well as Wii Fit. I only get a 25% discount on Mario Party 8, not the other two. It's weird.

It didn't work for me....

edit: it worked for me if you try it a few times....

[quote name='huntzilla']Do preorders come the day off release even if you do standard shipping?[/QUOTE]

No. When I use standard shipping, I usually get them the same week of release, but not until Thursday or Friday. I'm not usually in that big a hurry, though, so I'd rather have the free shipping. If you want it on release day, you're going to pay extra.

When you order a pre-order for in-store pickup. Does the game arrive on release day or do you have to wait for their super slow shipping?

[quote name='leesiulung']When you order a pre-order for in-store pickup. Does the game arrive on release day or do you have to wait for their super slow shipping?[/QUOTE]

release day. you'll get a call a day or two before that confirming you can pick it up then.

From what I recall, if you pick in-store pickup it invalidates the 25% coupon. That was with the last months though, not sure about this new one.

Edit: Shoulda checked the coupon first. In stock stuff only, doesn't even work on pre-orders. Also online only and doesn't stack with shipping coupons.

For these reasons I have to go with Amazon (also no tax + prime).

25off code is still working for me, at least on the checkout screen

[quote name='WasabiJoe']From what I recall, if you pick in-store pickup it invalidates the 25% coupon. That was with the last months though, not sure about this new one.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, it seems like ALL promotions done through the website don't apply through to in-store unless it's a special sale or something going on and it's specifically stated. Gamestop seems to run it's stores entirely different/separate than it's online component.

[quote name='kidrocklive']From what I can tell, it seems like ALL promotions done through the website don't apply through to in-store unless it's a special sale or something going on and it's specifically stated. Gamestop seems to run it's stores entirely different/separate than it's online component.[/QUOTE]

It seems like GameStop is trying to kill it's retail locations. All used games are either cheaper or the same price online as in store. There are more coupons to use regardless if you buy a game or not: CAG16 and now these 25% off codes to name a few. So not only are the games $5 or so cheaper right off the bat add in the coupon and free shipping and it blows their stores out of the water.

[quote name='WasabiJoe']From what I recall, if you pick in-store pickup it invalidates the 25% coupon. That was with the last months though, not sure about this new one.

Edit: Shoulda checked the coupon first. In stock stuff only, doesn't even work on pre-orders. Also online only and doesn't stack with shipping coupons.

For these reasons I have to go with Amazon (also no tax + prime).

25off code is still working for me, at least on the checkout screen[/QUOTE]

The 25OFF code just worked for me for shipping on pre-order. It worked on Alan Wake LE and Halo: Reach regular edition. Wouldn't work on Halo: Reach Legendary or Limited.

Want to also add that if you do in-store pickup, you invalidate the $10/$20 coupon you would normally get. I ended up ordering it for shipping.... I'm assuming they aren't allow to raise prices when you reach the store if GameStop quoted you differently on their website.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It seems like GameStop is trying to kill it's retail locations. All used games are either cheaper or the same price online as in store. There are more coupons to use regardless if you buy a game or not: CAG16 and now these 25% off codes to name a few. So not only are the games $5 or so cheaper right off the bat add in the coupon and free shipping and it blows their stores out of the water.[/QUOTE]

You would think that, but not everybody that shops at GS uses coupons. Many, many people go to B&Ms to trade in their stuff without promos, no edge cards, and they buy 'new' games at full price with no bonus. We have to thank them for the .com having sales.

Thank you average consumer. You make my life complete.

Used it for an Xbox 360 HD (Mine's only 20G) - it worked. We'll see if a problem arises - it DIDN'T work with 25OFF, but worked with 25DEAL.

did anyone get 25off to work with starcraft 2 CE? I can't. And yes, my cart is over $100, I added Starcraft 2 CE and Borderlands PS3 (new) to be exact.

[quote name='rpnguyen']did anyone get 25off to work with starcraft 2 CE? I can't. And yes, my cart is over $100, I added Starcraft 2 CE and Borderlands PS3 (new) to be exact.[/QUOTE]

It explains on the website that %-based coupons do not work on the Starcraft II CE.

Wait... 25OFF still works?

I have to go and take care of something (zips to the site for more pre-orders)

Fallout: New Vegas here I come. Going to take care of a few christmas gifts while I am at it for my brother.

25Off definitely worked for me, I used it to buy games coming out in the next two months or so. Hoping they don't cancel my order or anything.

I was going to use this to buy one of the expensive Turtle Beach 360 headsets, but the X11 ($70) was backordered, and I just noticed they added the $30 Turtle Beach headset that came out recently, so I used a $20 off coupon, and got it for under $11 shipped. The X31 ($100) might have been nice, but I don't plan to use a headset too often, so I'll check out this cheap option. The not yet available X41 ($200) would have been absolute overkill.

25OFF still works, so I preordered Halo:Reach, Fable 3, and NBA 2K11. I had already preordered Reach and Fable using the 25OFF code a few weeks ago, but wanted to make sure I ordered when Reach showed the $20 bonus credit, so I canceled. I guess I'll see if everything works out in the 4-6 months from now those games come out.

I did all of this with credit from the $140 trade in value of the 360 a few weeks ago, and the refund that made The Beatles: Rock Band bundle free, which is also where I got the $20 off coupon. Game Stop has been incredible for me this year.

I see that people are discussing the previous 25OFF deal and I wanted to know if anyone has actually gotten their orders or if there have been some cancellations? It would seem to be one of those "too good to be true" situations on preorders.

Several people used the 25OFF code to pre-order Red Dead Redemption, so it will only take another 8 days or so to find out if they went through without any trouble (game hits shelves 5/18). I am sure people will share their end result good or bad on this deal soon enough.

Seems odd this would still be working since they would lose a lot of money on pre-ordered products since they don't get price breaks on games release week.

[quote name='manicbomber']I see that people are discussing the previous 25OFF deal and I wanted to know if anyone has actually gotten their orders or if there have been some cancellations? It would seem to be one of those "too good to be true" situations on preorders.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I've never had an issue with any order (including pre-orders) I've made at GS using the 25OFF code. I bought SMG 2 using the 25OFF code for $37.49, plus will receive a $20 Game Credit when it ships on 5/23.

I did have a pre-order with Amazon on Red Dead Redemption for $59.99 with a $20 Game Credit, but canceled that to take advantage of the 25OFF code yet again (came to $44.99 plus a $10 Game Credit, First Day Delivery, and other bonuses they're offering). $47.69 (factoring in $2.70 tax) plus a $10 GC beats $59.99 (no tax) with a $20 GC any day! It's truly incredible what Gamestop has done in the last couple months! They knocked Amazon off their pedestal as the #1 Video Game Retailer imho!

[quote name='manicbomber']I see that people are discussing the previous 25OFF deal and I wanted to know if anyone has actually gotten their orders or if there have been some cancellations? It would seem to be one of those "too good to be true" situations on preorders.[/QUOTE]

From the previous 25% off deal, I've placed an order on a new copy of FF13 and preorderd two games. One of my preorders happen to be Lost Planet 2 and it just shipped yesterday.

This gave me some leeway to get the limited edition of Alan Wake. Too bad this cannot be used on the CE of Starcraft 2. That was my original plan.

So, I applied this to Wake and Super Street Fighter IV. Since I feel SSFIV was a bit of double dipping by Capcom, I am pleased.

Edit: There is also a $10 coupon for future purchases with Wake. Overall, the only thing that annoys me about the deal is the tax.

Not sure if anyone will care, but I just played with the cart a bit and found out that New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesnt work unless it's a new copy, for whatever reason. The used 39.99 copy goes toward the $100 total but it won't ring up as a discount unless you buy the 49.99 new copy. Lame.

Is Gamestop any good at preorders? Like in the sense that they get them out to customers quickly for new releases? Thinking about switching my in store orders to online. And I assume I can use all my giftcards online.

Any thoughts CAGs?

[quote name='Interfeci']You would think that, but not everybody that shops at GS uses coupons. Many, many people go to B&Ms to trade in their stuff without promos, no edge cards, and they buy 'new' games at full price with no bonus. We have to thank them for the .com having sales.

Thank you average consumer. You make my life complete.[/QUOTE]
Amen brother

Wow at the 25OFF working again for pre-orders. I won't let that deal slip by again. Cheapy you should add that to the OP :)

Little Big Planet 2 is available for pre-order btw in case anyones interested.

Also ordered LA Noire, Black Ops, Fable III, Bulletstorm, and Rage

I could not get the 25OFF coupon to work with a preorder of Starcraft 2 (not the CE), it worked up until the purchase confirmation and it removed the discount. I was trying to grab Fallout 3 GOTY and Starcraft 2. the advertised 25DEAL didn't allow it either. :(

At least 25PRE still works, but I was really hoping to grab Starcraft 2 on the cheap

bread's done
Back