Vertical
SBL - OFF
VSH - 65
VAM - 44
VSC - 35
VX - 0
VSL - 111
VL - 18

Oh, and you have to reboot after ure done with the service menu or else the picture is horrible[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

Yeah. I guess these settings are unique, from TV to TV. Mine looked weird with these settings.

Anyone else have, like, a flag flapping in the breeze effect to their screen? The progressive scan sweeps up the screen, and distorts whatever is in its path.

I bought this TV using the promotion code, thought it was a great deal. I recieved the TV Friday and got it in the house, upacked it, plugged it in and TV is DOA. It won't even turn on, only thing I see is the little green light on the bottom left turn on/blink. Not sure what do, when it's plugged in I can hear static so I know its powered up (obviously cause I can also see green light). Great deal but now have to have it shipped back. I did some research and seen other people on other forums and various other sites say that when they got their TV (this exact model) from philips outlet, it also was DOA when it was shipped.

I got my TV and it looks amazing straight out of the box. I dunno what ghosting and bowing is, but maybe I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss afterall. The picture looks great though, and everything -looks- right. I don't think it's bowing or ghosting or whatnot.

[quote name='Sinistar']If he has extended warranty like I do, there's no cost at all.[/QUOTE]

what if he's just under the 90-day refurb warranty, will there be a charge then?

I had read a bunch of the negative info on this message board and others so was a little scared to see what Phillies Refurb deal had for me.

But luck must have been on my side. I had mine delievered last Thursday. I carried (stumbled with the big sob?) into the house and plugged it in and it powered right up. Right now I'm just using rabbit ears and I'm getting good reception from local stations. There is even one HD station that comes in crystal clear.

I had been using a standard 27" tv that I bought like 10 years ago. I could finally unpack my Xbox 360 that I had watched gather dust for the past few months because I didn't want to waste the experience on standard definition. This TV makes me glad I waited, I've got it on the highest setting in HD and it's simply a work of art. It makes me want to cry...seriously..well maybe not but it is a beautiful thing.

I haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't tried playing my ps2 on it either.

Big thanks for posting this deal.

I'm glad some people had a great experience like me. Enjoy your HDTV's gentlemen.

I feel bad for the ones that have had problems, and I hope you can get them fixed. :cry:

mine was great straight outta the box too, i just wanted to make sure i got the whole picture cause i know CRT's cut a little of the image, im very happy with my purchase and recommended the set to a few friends

Got mine today and took me about 3 hours to move all my furniture and set this bad boy up. I have some fuzzyness on the screen that I can't get rid of. I tried all the settings listed here and it's slightly better. Overall, I'm happy with this puppy.

bread's done
Back