30 years old and still living at home with your mom?

steve_k

CAGiversary!
I know quite a few people who are 30 years old and still living at home with their parents. This isn't because their parents are ill and dying, but rather because they cannot make it on their own finanically. Is this the new norm considering how badly the economy has deterriorated? How many of you are 30 and still live home with your mom for financial reasons?

This is nothing against video game enthusiasts. I'm a game enthusiast myself.

I'm actually trying to get my mom to move in with us. I don't like where she lives, but she's really not able to live else where because of what she makes on disability. I'd rather her be with us where we can take care of her and make sure she is buying her meds.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm actually trying to get my mom to move in with us. I don't like where she lives, but she's really not able to live else where because of what she makes on disability. I'd rather her be with us where we can take care of her and make sure she is buying her meds.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean, I'm trying to convince my parents to move outta the ghetto neighborhood, into a more respectable and safe environment, but it's hard to get them to leave the place they already settled down.

I stayed home with my parents until I was 28 to save my money and I was able to buy a house to move into once I decided to move out.

We've all got our stories and reasons for why we are living at home with mom. And here is mine.

I was living on my own, and was an idiot and drank and partied a bunch. After I got my second DUI at 26, I met and moved in with my girlfriend. She turned out to be a different person than she had led me to believe she was, unfortunately she was pregnant with my child before i realized it. She sucked me dry(financially and emotionally) before we split. So my folks invited me to move back home, reassuring me they would be there for me and my son. So, at that point I had began to see the error of my ways of the drinking, and the tens of thousands of dollars of fines, lawyers, and dues, and it being time to be responsible and be a father, I was dead broke living with my folks. And then, me just turning 28 and my son 9 months old, my folks were planning on moving down south to live near my brother and I was going to stay up here. First dad would go down and get working, then when the house and everything was set, mom would move down. It was Friday, my dad was planning to leave on Monday or Tuesday. He picked me up from work, and we took a little cruse and smoked a cigarette, and he told me how he would miss me and my son, and how i needed to take care of mom while he was gone. We all went to dinner that night together. And at 11pm, mom woke me, saying she couldn't get dad to wake up. He had passed. So mom never moved, and I stayed here with her. Then, a year and a half later, the machine shop I had worked at for 11 years, closed and relocated the machining of the product to south Texas.
Now, I am 30 years old, have been unemployed for a year, and am days away from an opportunity to work at John Deere. Oh, and still live with mom, and she drives me nuts. But ya gotta love her, she put up with my all my bullshit up till now, after all!

It's not a bad thing, especially living in California and the high cost of living. I lived with family in Cali til I was 24 and relocated. Most of my friends, especially one who is over 30, still lives with his parents. However, unlike them who lives off free by doing chores, I paid all the utilities and cable (and doing chores of course).

Maybe it's a Filipino values thing. Unless you're married or in a serious relationship, you'll still be living at home.

If you graduate from college and live with your parents, you're a loser.

30? Just kill yourself.

You want to save money, cut back on different expenses.

It's called being a man and dealing with your shit and not sucking on the teet of your parents.

Jesus, "Hey, I'm 30 and live with my parents....wanna bang?"

Christ.

Get off it Ph33r.

I am not even 30 yet (26) and I have lived with my parents a couple times after official moving out at 18.I think it depends on the situation. They are your parents, you are suppose to use them when times get tough. I think the only it depends on if you have a plan of action in place...there is a huge difference between mouching because you are lazy and/or complacent and using your parents as advantage to get to where you are going. There is a lot of good reasons to live with your parents for a while.

But we all know that one guy or have a brother or sister who just mouches the hell out of their parents. That doesnt apply to everyone.

[quote name='vlv723']It's not a bad thing, especially living in California and the high cost of living. I lived with family in Cali til I was 24 and relocated. Most of my friends, especially one who is over 30, still lives with his parents. However, unlike them who lives off free by doing chores, I paid all the utilities and cable (and doing chores of course).

Maybe it's a Filipino values thing. Unless you're married or in a serious relationship, you'll still be living at home.[/QUOTE]

I'd change that. It's mostly white people that leave at 18. Most other ethnicities don't leave until they get married. That's especially true for all forms of Asians, Hispanics and Italians.

It used to be the norm to live with your family until marriage, and still is in a lot of cultures. Young college grads, many with very useless liberal arts majors, are getting absolutely destroyed in this job market and don't really have a choice. These grads start off their adult life with more debt than any generation before them thanks to outrageously soaring education costs and have the worst job prospects in generations. The next bubble to burst will be the educational loan industry.

I think the trend of young people living at home longer could also be contributing to the dragging housing market, there are less entry level buyers out there. It's not the primary cause of the crap housing market, but it certainly isn't helping.

I dunno about outside of kalifornya but hearing more and more stories of "normal/stable families/people" losing their homes or not being able to afford their place has to be saying something about owning a home let alone renting these days...

Largely what it is saying is that if you have a mortgage you don't really own your home. It goes both ways though, I know of very stable well off people who have "lost" their home because they chose to. They were so underwater on their mortgage they made the business decision to walk away even though they could pay their mortgage. (and helped to further destroy their friends and neighbors property values in doing so, not that I necessarily blame them for their choice)

[quote name='Soodmeg']Get off it Ph33r.

I am not even 30 yet (26) and I have lived with my parents a couple times after official moving out at 18.I think it depends on the situation. They are your parents, you are suppose to use them when times get tough. I think the only it depends on if you have a plan of action in place...there is a huge difference between mouching because you are lazy and/or complacent and using your parents as advantage to get to where you are going. There is a lot of good reasons to live with your parents for a while.

But we all know that one guy or have a brother or sister who just mouches the hell out of their parents. That doesnt apply to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Your suppose to use them when times get tough?

You just basically called yourself out bro.

"They are your parents, you are suppose to use them when times get tough."

"But we all know that one guy or have a brother or sister who just mouches the hell out of their parents. "

And you'll retort "But....but I have a plan".

So does your brother who wants to smoke weed and open up his own Wiz Khalifa brand smoke shop.

Yet again, tough times are tough times, but you don't just coward the fuck out.

What the hell are you talking about?

I guess to make your case I should clarify. I moved out at 18 and then returned when I was about 22 after my first business collapsed and I lost all my money. I moved out again when I was 24 after saving some more and starting another business. I make more money now then both my parents combined. Which isnt hard because they dont really do anything.

When I said we all know that one guy...it was because....we all know a person like that but I was more specifically talking about my brother who has never lived anywhere other than my parents. He is a mouch. He also bitches a lot about money which I find funny because he has only like 2 bills to pay.

You must have some extreme self image issues brother if you think that going to your parents for help at any point in your life makes you a coward. Also can you explain how it makes you a coward in a sentence that isnt "because it does."

there is no shame in living with your parents because times are tough, they are there to help you get back on your feet, if you can't see that then that must mean you have no parents or you had bad parents, you rely on your parents then when the time comes they rely on you, although there is this trend where people leave their parents in some god forsaken nursing home and hardly visit them but i'd digress. So when you're out of job you can "be a man" and become homeless or get money from some shady business, or you can be a smart, reasonable person and rely on your parents while you figure out a way to get back out there

[quote name='vlv723']It's not a bad thing, especially living in California and the high cost of living. I lived with family in Cali til I was 24 and relocated. Most of my friends, especially one who is over 30, still lives with his parents. However, unlike them who lives off free by doing chores, I paid all the utilities and cable (and doing chores of course).

Maybe it's a Filipino values thing. Unless you're married or in a serious relationship, you'll still be living at home.[/QUOTE]

I stayed with my parents until about 4 months before I got married because I knew the money I would be giving a stranger for rent could help them more. Plus, I have older parents who are retired and on fixed incomes so I help them out when they need me to.

The only time I think it's pathetic living with your parents is if you aren't even trying. If you don't even try to get a job and you leech off them then I'm sorry but you have to grow up and do something for yourself. And dont keep putting it off do it now. It can and will suck, it can be extremely hard, but god dammit you'll feel a lot better once you actually try and succeed.

I've lived on my own since I was just barely 18 and it was rough as hell at times. "Rough as hell" is an understatement but to keep it short I think it's smart to stay with your parents until you're financially ready. As long as you're trying to better yourself I don't see any shame in that regardless of your age.

I moved out shortly after turning 18... there was a rough period when I was 21 where the place I worked at closed down and I couldn't find any work, ended up moving back for about six months. I'm back on my feet now though and living on my own.

Obviously dependence on parents is a double edged sword. On one hand it's definitely good to have a safety net should something happen so you don't end up hitting rock bottom. On the other hand, I believe too much dependence and comfort will keep some people from even trying to improve their life.

[quote name='ph33r m3']If you graduate from college and live with your parents, you're a loser.

30? Just kill yourself.

You want to save money, cut back on different expenses.

It's called being a man and dealing with your shit and not sucking on the teet of your parents.

Jesus, "Hey, I'm 30 and live with my parents....wanna bang?"

Christ.[/QUOTE]

Someone is angry with their life. ^_^

I moved out of my parents place the weekend after I graduated.

I can understand someone in their mid to late twenties until they get on their feet with a job. 30 is pretty extreme...

I have multiple friends with great jobs who refuse to move so they can spend their money on alcohol/going out to eat/etc. My one friend said he had 30K in savings, but wasn't ready to move yet :/

[quote name='cdeener']I stayed with my parents until about 4 months before I got married because I knew the money I would be giving a stranger for rent could help them more. Plus, I have older parents who are retired and on fixed incomes so I help them out when they need me to.[/QUOTE]

^^^

I am a recent 23 year old engineering graduate and landed a dang awesome opportunity. Instead of moving out my girlfriend and I moved in with my parents. We figured (and my parents definitely agreed) me helping them out per month was way better then spending that thousand on rent for an apartment elsewhere.

But like previously mentioned... I am Asian and that's just how things work culturally for the most part. Stay with your parents until you are ready to essentially get married and buy a place of your own.

I didn't move out until I was 25. I paid the rent for the place where my mom and I lived, as well as the cable/internet bill, and sometimes even the electric bill. Working minimum wage and going to college, I had no choice. As soon as I graduated and found a decent paying job, I saved up about $8000 and got the hell out of there.

The whole "don't pay rent to a stranger" sentiment has always bothered me because it's a tradition of days gone by. Buying a house is no longer a status symbol considering that most people lose theirs nowadays. It's also much cheaper for me to live in a 3 bedroom in a good neighborhood with all utilities/maintenance paid for, with the same price as a mortgage in the same area. I also don't plan on leaving roots in this state considering that the unemployment rate is 11% and most jobs plan on leaving.

My bf lives with his parents at 33 after having been in college forever. He has a ton of bills and in Portuguese culture you live at home with your parents until you die basically. My mom wanted me to do the same thing but his mom is his best friend. My mom and I don't get along.

I moved out a few months after graduating high school. I've been working since I was 14 though. I moved back when I was 23 for about six months. Then I moved to FL. Living at home doesn't make you a bum. I dated a girl whose older brother didn't have his first job until he was 28 or 29. He still lives at home and has be closer to 40 than 30. He's a bum.

I lived with my parents until I got married, and saw no reason not to. Free rent, food, utilities and I got to save up money? I just helped out with things around the house, and everything was great. I'm assuming some people have terrible relationships with their parents and can't think of spending anymore time living at home then they had to. I guess I just lucked out.

I'm only 22, but I can probably see myself living with my dad until I turn 30 or older. I never had shame in living with the folks, since as Troy said, free rent and utilities (I do pay for some groceries), and try to save up money in the process. For me though, money isn't easy to come by, when I'm unemployed, nobody ever wants to seem to hire me and even when I have a job, it's minimum wage or barely over. And the few times I have any sort of decent amount of money, something goes wrong and practically sucks me dry.

I now have this gut feeling half the people here are going to rip me a new asshole, but whatever. I know I'm fucked up, and I'm of the opinion that until I can myself mentally figured out and such, I probably won't be going anywhere. Too bad I think psychiatrists are nothing but BS.

I'm 26 and I still live home with my parents. I do plan on moving out in the next couple years but I'm in no rush right now. I have a full time job and help my parents out while saving as much as I can. I can afford to move out right now, but I'd like to save for a couple more years so I can put down a higher down payment. I enjoy my parents' company and they enjoy mine so it's no big deal.

I love my parents and get along with them great, but it would take an extreme emergency (like a long term disability) for me to ever move back home.

I value my independence too much. Plus my parents stiill live in the middle of nowhere where I grew up, and I'd rather blow my brains out than ever live in a rural shithole again.

So I'll always either live by myself or with a girlfriend/spouse. No moving back home, living with roommates again etc.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Especially if you're working and contributing to household expenses. Only time it's an issue is when someone is mooching off their parents and not even trying to find a job etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a couple of 30-somethings that live at home. And actually, all of them I know have children (and are separated/divorced/single).

Personally...I don't think I could do it. My mentality is: I'm too fucking old to pull that crap. (Again, simply my opinion on the matter.) The mentality had to have come from my father, who always preached working hard and earning things on your own. (He also instilled strong feelings about unemployment benefits...but that's another story.)

I'm pretty sure my dad would never have let me live at home that long. (I'm 26.) As soon as I had a "real world" job after college, that was my time to go. And that's fine; I would have never wanted to be at home living off my parents anyway (well, in adulthood).

[quote name='perdition(troy']I lived with my parents until I got married, and saw no reason not to. Free rent, food, utilities and I got to save up money? I just helped out with things around the house, and everything was great. I'm assuming some people have terrible relationships with their parents and can't think of spending anymore time living at home then they had to. I guess I just lucked out.[/QUOTE]

I have an amazing relationship with my parents and stop over once a week for dinner. I moved because I'm a big independent boy who doesn't want to mooch off my mom and dad.

If my child was in my position I'd kick them out. If you can make it on your own, and there's no emergency at your parents (health/they actually depend on you) then you get the boot.

Wife and I moved out when we were 20 out of my parents house. I of course dicked around and went the technical school route for 2 years when I was 18. At 20 we were living in PA with great jobs and then if course, 4 years later our jobs laid us off because of cut backs, We moved down to my wifes Grandmothers when we were 25 and it lasted a year because she came down with cancer. So my wife worked and I took care of her non stop. (She has a lot more medical job experience then I do computer job experience). We stayed in her grandmothers house for a year paying rent till they sold it. We now live with her Aunt who WAS struggling with her mortgage payment because her husband passed away. Since we moved in and pay rent, she is now back on her feet and with a little money extra because of us.

I will say this, once my parents need my help I will be on the first flight back to NJ from FL to help out with what ever.

[quote name='exaznkid']there is no shame in living with your parents because times are tough, they are there to help you get back on your feet, if you can't see that then that must mean you have no parents or you had bad parents, you rely on your parents then when the time comes they rely on you, although there is this trend where people leave their parents in some god forsaken nursing home and hardly visit them but i'd digress. So when you're out of job you can "be a man" and become homeless or get money from some shady business, or you can be a smart, reasonable person and rely on your parents while you figure out a way to get back out there[/QUOTE]

So I was going to lurk this thread agreeing with some points, disagreeing with others, but this post is what summarized my "against" position the loudest. Your parents aren't there to be your lifelong safety net, to give you a gentle landing before hitting rock bottom. I have a couple of the greatest parents in the world. Truly. My dad is nearing retirement after a long, successful chemical engineering career, my mom is a retired teacher who volunteers a few hours a week in a classroom.

I have been BROOOOKE. Like Ramen and Kool-Aid, milk once a month as a luxory item broke. They tried to give me money, offered for me to move in with them, but I declined. I wanted to fail on my own, and pull myself back up. Now, quite a few years later, I'm lower middle class, and the only way my parents are able to give me money is by laundering it through my kids (giving them money for pre-school, events, etc). They are so immensely generous. How's that for a character "flaw" :)

I appreciate my parents so much, and as a parent now, I realize more of what goes in to raising kids (even though mine are still quite young). I would never want to feel like a burden, a minor inconvenience, or anything else negative to my parents. What they did for me in raising me right, can never be re-paid.

For those of you who have moved in with your parents as mid 20's and older, I hope you are paying rent, buying groceries, or doing something else to contribute to the household. As a parent, they won't bitch about your continued sucking from the teet, but they'll appreciate the hell out of you making small contributions to the household when you do.

Sean, I see what you're saying but if they can afford it, why not (oh, and I still do the weekly dinner with them and my wife, and the weekly skype with my brother at their house, the weekly get the dogs together to play...jeez, maybe I'll sell my house and move back in...gotta talk to the wife about that one).I personally don't plan on "kicking them out". As long as my kids are doing something with their life, saving money for the future, and not just being losers I have no problem with my kids living with me until they get married. Living with my parents allowed me to save enough to put a huge down payment on my house (at 23), and still have enough cash in the bank to live off of for two years if my wife and I ever were to lose our jobs. I'd do anything to help my kids out.

Sadly I think my parents might be moving in with me in 5-10 years. My dad is slowly losing his mind and my mom will have a conversation with me and halfway through start thinking that she's talking to someone else and have a completely unrelated 2nd half of the conversation. I came along late in their lives (dad in his mid 40's and mom in her late 30's) so they're getting to the point of collecting SSI and all that.

It seems that it is ok for women to live at home with their parents, but men cannot? I bought a house and I asked my mom to move in because she is the only family I have out here.

I could have been a dick, but I'm now world's greatest won!

[quote name='81ols']We've all got our stories and reasons for why we are living at home with mom. And here is mine.

I was living on my own, and was an idiot and drank and partied a bunch. After I got my second DUI at 26, I met and moved in with my girlfriend. She turned out to be a different person than she had led me to believe she was, unfortunately she was pregnant with my child before i realized it. She sucked me dry(financially and emotionally) before we split. So my folks invited me to move back home, reassuring me they would be there for me and my son. So, at that point I had began to see the error of my ways of the drinking, and the tens of thousands of dollars of fines, lawyers, and dues, and it being time to be responsible and be a father, I was dead broke living with my folks. And then, me just turning 28 and my son 9 months old, my folks were planning on moving down south to live near my brother and I was going to stay up here. First dad would go down and get working, then when the house and everything was set, mom would move down. It was Friday, my dad was planning to leave on Monday or Tuesday. He picked me up from work, and we took a little cruse and smoked a cigarette, and he told me how he would miss me and my son, and how i needed to take care of mom while he was gone. We all went to dinner that night together. And at 11pm, mom woke me, saying she couldn't get dad to wake up. He had passed. So mom never moved, and I stayed here with her. Then, a year and a half later, the machine shop I had worked at for 11 years, closed and relocated the machining of the product to south Texas.
Now, I am 30 years old, have been unemployed for a year, and am days away from an opportunity to work at John Deere. Oh, and still live with mom, and she drives me nuts. But ya gotta love her, she put up with my all my bullshit up till now, after all![/QUOTE]

That story hit me pretty hard. Damn.

Heck, I wish I still lived with my parents. I bought my house in 2006 with my wife. We did everything right with 20% down and finances. Too bad the economy took a hit because despite replacing 3 bathrooms, every appliance, the roof and the air conditioning my house is still worth 30% less than I paid for it. Plus, if we lived in one of our parent's basements until now, at the current prices my wife and I could have bought the house we would live in the rest of our lives.

I'm 27 and still live at home. The reason for this is an insanely large medical bill that I have. In return for free rent I am renovating the downstairs so that my mother can rent it out to outgoing patients from her work and anyone on Craigslist. Also, she is obsessed with my son so she loves all the time she can spend with him.

I'm 26 currently living at home. I got my masters degree in May, and I've been on the job search since. I've had a handful of interviews, but each time it's the same old story either I don't have enough experience or I'm overqualified and they're afraid I'd leave after a year for something better.
It's hard to find a job straight out of school when everyone's looking for 5 or 10 years experience. Even when I do find something entry level, I still seem to get passed over in favor of someone with years of experience.

Nothing wrong with living at home as long as there's a good reason for it. Because you enjoy video games and playing on facebook is not a good reason. But if you are there to help your parents, trying to cushion your bank account, or because you are looking for a job...I don't see any reason to feel bad. You're putting in the effort and that's what matters.

And this is coming from someone who had two leechers living with him at one time. Both of whom did nothing to try and better themselves. One lived with us only two weeks, the other 9 months. Both of them in-laws.

It's a bit depressing reading all these stories about the crappy US economy. Here in Canada the economy has been picking up and is no where as bad as the US. I'm 20, still living at home with my parents. But in 4 years time I will be a pharmacist and debt free, thanks mom&dad and shall be living on my own when I graduate. That's the plan anyways.

I graduated college when I was 22 (only living with them in the summers). I lived with my parents when I graduated in May 2003 and only stayed the summer. I moved out that fall and got a job. It wasn't even a good job, but I wanted to be out on my own. I was an adult, a man grown. Why would I be living with my parents? To save money? C'mon, I was an adult.

I know everyone has their excuses, but they're still excuses in my book. Give your parents some damn freedom. Their job should be done, barring some crazy emergency that requires you to move back in temporarily and briefly.

Staying until you are 30 is all kinds of WTF. Most people go to college for 4 years. That's about 22-23 by the time they graduate. So that means another 7 years mooching off mom and dad. Not cool.

I have an awesome relationship with my parents, but even during college I had a hard time taking gas money from them and other hand outs. So I didn't. Sometimes I let them feel good and give me a 20 for gas (this was in the early 2000s so that would fill up the car). But I made sure I worked all summer and during winter breaks so I could pay my own way and not have to leech off them more than I had to.

Bottom line is, it isn't fair to your parents. They might say they don't mind if you live with them until you are 30, or 40, but it's a terrible thing to do to the ones who raised you. Visit as much as possible, but give them space to breathe. Move out. Be an adult. Not a man-child.

That's my feelings on this anyway. No pussy-footing or beating around the bush. Moral of the story: Grow up.

I still see my parents each week and I even had my mother visit us for the day today. Both my wife and I are as close as heck to our parents, and do lots of stuff with them. But we don't live with them.

I did the boomerang.

Moved out at 19 and lived in a rental home with 2 other roommates and lived there for about 5 years til I was about 24.

Rent kept going up so 1 of my roommates left, and since the expense was now being shared by me and my remaining roommate, we couldn't afford the higher expense. This was around 2008 the time when the economy started getting really bad.

My folks offered to take me back, and hey! Free boarding is FREE boarding! I didn't care if society thought it was uncool. I wanted to save money and my folks offered to take me in.

I helped out by buying groceries and also by helping out with the maintenance of the home, but I was able to save a lot of money on rental payments.

I was 28 when I moved out again, but I had no shame at all living with my folks. I lived there for 4 more years before buying my own condo.

The rent money I was able to save which was about $500 a month + utilities basically netted me over $26,000 in savings.

That's right, I saved over $26,000 in that time. I was able to put a downpayment on a condo I can now call my own and bought myself a lot of good things like TV's, a new desktop, a refrigerator, etc.

If I hadn't moved back in, I would've just burned that $26,000 into a lousy rental home that I would've been stuck paying and sharing with other people for necessity.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I graduated college when I was 22 (only living with them in the summers). I lived with my parents when I graduated in May 2003 and only stayed the summer. I moved out that fall and got a job. It wasn't even a good job, but I wanted to be out on my own. I was an adult, a man grown. Why would I be living with my parents? To save money? C'mon, I was an adult.

I know everyone has their excuses, but they're still excuses in my book. Give your parents some damn freedom. Their job should be done, barring some crazy emergency that requires you to move back in temporarily and briefly.

Staying until you are 30 is all kinds of WTF. Most people go to college for 4 years. That's about 22-23 by the time they graduate. So that means another 7 years mooching off mom and dad. Not cool.

I have an awesome relationship with my parents, but even during college I had a hard time taking gas money from them and other hand outs. So I didn't. Sometimes I let them feel good and give me a 20 for gas (this was in the early 2000s so that would fill up the car). But I made sure I worked all summer and during winter breaks so I could pay my own way and not have to leech off them more than I had to.

Bottom line is, it isn't fair to your parents. They might say they don't mind if you live with them until you are 30, or 40, but it's a terrible thing to do to the ones who raised you. Visit as much as possible, but give them space to breathe. Move out. Be an adult. Not a man-child.

That's my feelings on this anyway. No pussy-footing or beating around the bush. Moral of the story: Grow up.

I still see my parents each week and I even had my mother visit us for the day today. Both my wife and I are as close as heck to our parents, and do lots of stuff with them. But we don't live with them.[/QUOTE]

Best post in the thread. Wanting to save money when you have enough to pay for your own spot is bullshit. Have kids and see how much money you spend raising them. You'll be ashamed of every time you used your parents when you were capable of doing it on your own.

It's a bunch of people pissing and moaning about how they would have to live in a crappy neighborhood and live frugally. Uh...welcome to life people. Your parents are doing a disservice to you by letting you suck off of them longer, but their love for you makes it too awkward to tell you to GTFO.

A person that moves out at 18 will never live long enough to re-pay their parents for everything they did for you. Moving out at 30 makes it that much more ridiculous.

bread's done
Back