300 (Blu-Ray or HD) cheap at Frys.com

Thank you! In for the HD DVD/DVD version. $21.52 after tax and shipping for me, which is an awesome deal considering its a combo.

$14.99 for a combo disc? This is madness!

THIS IS CHEAPASSGAMER!
_movies.yahoo.com_images_hv_photo_movie_pix_warner_brothers_300_gerard_butler_300b.jpg

I just ordered the Blu Ray version for $[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]$16.31[/FONT] shipped! How sweet is that, i wanted to order more then one but didn't, thanks for the heads up OP!

Good thing about Fry's is they use DHL shipping. Every order I get from them basically shows up on my door they day after its ships even with the standard shipping option.

Thanks OP! I've been saying this will be the next new release blu-ray I buy, and I know I won't beat $16 for it. :)

[quote name='abhinav']Hmmm i might just grab the HDdvd version aswell.... having both formats is not a bad idea at this point.[/quote]

You buy both versions of a dual format release? That's wasting money.

[quote name='rodeojones903']When it ships.[/QUOTE]
Ok, cool.

I ordered the blu-ray version. I dont have an HDTV, but I figure that the normal DVD version will be the same price or more expensive when it comes out.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']You buy both versions of a dual format release? That's wasting money.[/quote]

Correction...3 versions ;)

The HD DVD has a DVD side as well

[quote name='whoknows']Ok, cool.

I ordered the blu-ray version. I dont have an HDTV, but I figure that the normal DVD version will be the same price or more expensive when it comes out.[/quote]

The movie will still look better than the DVD, so enjoy.

sku # items:
qty unit price ext price
5265367 300 [Blu-Ray] 1 $9.99 $9.99
subtotal $9.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tax $1.24
Estimated Shipping & Handling
Ground Shipping
$4.98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total $16.21

ONE MORE CAVEAT: considering the mis-charge of tax (local tax = 8.25 %) one can assume it's a price mistake. Calculated tax as above of 1.24 would equate to a selling price of $ 14.99 (like the HD price). Most likely nothing to stress about and don't intend to 'rock the boat' just pointing this out.

Warner better not screw this one up.
Don't care about the extra features but having such a low VC-1 video bitrate on both versions was poor.

At least it gave Blood Diamond PCM 5.1.

Looks like 300 isn't even going to have the PCM 5.1 soundtrack for the BD edition....

I don't like Warner.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Good thing about Fry's is they use DHL shipping. Every order I get from them basically shows up on my door they day after its ships even with the standard shipping option.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, that kills the deal for me.

There is NOTHING worse than DHL...they suck really really bad here.

[quote name='abhinav']Hmmm i might just grab the HDdvd version aswell.... having both formats is not a bad idea at this point.[/quote]

I just bought both versions. Didn't want my 360 HD drive to get jealous of my PS3. :lol:

I got in on the HD-DVD. Nice Catch OP Thanks. Lets hope they don't cancel this like DDD.

--edit--
This is my first order from FRY's when it says call for availability while I am placing the order its just a generic thing for a preorder right?

Thanks

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I got in on the HD-DVD. Nice Catch OP Thanks. Lets hope they don't cancel this like DDD.

--edit--
This is my first order from FRY's when it says call for availability while I am placing the order its just a generic thing for a preorder right?

Thanks[/quote]

Yeah, don't worry about it, its because its a preorder.

Thanks, OP! Grabbed the Blu-Ray since it's cheaper and I won't miss those HD-DVD bonus features. I'm sure the HD-exclusive "game" will be spectacular.

Never mind...thanks OP, in for 1 on Blu Ray!!!

I would just pick it up in store, but I highly doubt it will be $9.99 in store price. I'm betting they screwed up the pricing on the BRD version but hopefully they will still let these go.

To those that have ordered via the fry's online store, when can you expect delivery in relation to release date?

I ordered with the cheapest shipping, ground, and am in Cali where I believe they must ship out of since most of there stores are here. Am I wrong to assume it will arrive the day of or at worst, the day after release date?

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I have both and went with Blu Ray because of price. What can I say I'm cheap[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I mean, what extra features are worth another $5.00+? Unless someone comes to my house and makes me breakfest... cheaper is good. :)

bread's done
Back