300 (Blu-Ray or HD) cheap at Frys.com

Got my confirmation..

1 5265367 300 /BLU 9.99

Total $: 9.99
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Order Recap:
Total Product $: 9.99
Net Product$: 9.99
Shipping & Handling: 6.03
Sales Tax: 0.00
Grand Total: 16.02

Canceled.This is dead:

Dear ROBERT ,

Thank you for your recent Frys.com order. Unfortunately, a
clerical error was made during the composition of the Ad for an
item contained in order # xxx

Due to the error we will be unable to fulfill your request.
Your order has been cancelled. Please note that your credit card
has not been charged. For further assistance you may contact us
by phone at 1-877-688-7678 or Email at [email protected]

Additional information regarding errors and omissions policy can
be obtained at:

http://shop4.outpost.com/template/help/index/FE30/Service3/Assist
ance/Middle_Topics/C6LegalNotices

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused.

Fry's YOU WILL DINE...IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!

did you guys order the blu-ray version? Just curious bcuz I ordered HD-DVD and no cancellation notice just yet. Although I probably just jinxed myself by saying that.

--edit--
Just checked Fry's website and my order says "Partial Backorder" in the status. HMMMM Did it go through? Are they actually going to honor it?

ordered the Blu Ray when the deal was first posted. Got an email confirmation for it and they charged my card ($9.99 + Shipping) already (actually just an authorization or hold for the amount). They better ship it when it is released or remove that authorization on my card.

Update:

Someone from AVS forum actually contacted Frys and here's the answer:

"...Just got off the phone (8:40 PM CST) with a Fry's rep who told me they were only accepting the first 1,000 orders at this price, then it was pulled. He (Rudy) indicated that many of their orders might still be canceled, but gave no explanation why. When I asked why he could not honor the price clearly marked on their web site, he just repeated "We're no longer accepting orders at this time."............."

Hopefully most of our orders will get through.......:)

[quote name='junghu']Update:

"...Just got off the phone (8:40 PM CST) with a Fry's rep who told me they were only accepting the first 1,000 orders at this price, then it was pulled. He (Rudy) indicated that many of their orders might still be canceled, but gave no explanation why. When I asked why he could not honor the price clearly marked on their web site, he just repeated "We're no longer accepting orders at this time."............."

Hopefully most of our orders will get through.......:)[/quote]

So I guess I really should've ordered when I first saw it. :cry:

[quote name='Mugen Power']So I guess I really should've ordered when I first saw it. :cry:[/quote]

Damn it, if I only would of found my wallet in time. I wonder if its the first 100 copies or the first 1000 orders...I mean, I am sure people ordered mutiples...GL cagers!

[quote name='junghu']Update:

"they were only accepting the first 1,000 orders at this price[/QUOTE]

At least it wasn't the first '300'.

I got confirmation on the HD DVD version. Hope it goes through. I was the first poster here after all ;) (well after the OP)

Checked status and "partial backorder"...looking good!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got confirmation on the HD DVD version. Hope it goes through. I was the first poster here after all ;) (well after the OP)

Checked status and "partial backorder"...looking good![/quote]

whats a partial backorder? they' going to send you half the disc now?
lol

Mine says Back-Ordered, I got two emails from them, I think the second is the confirmation?

[quote name='MrDubbs']no cancellation for me.. yet[/quote]

I am in the same boat, i hope this does not get canceled :pray:

Ordered right after the original post and the confirmation did come. Ordered the Blu Ray for the room mate and the HD DVD for myself.

I got a confirmation for the Blu Ray, no cancellation yet... and it says "partial backorder." Here's hoping it comes.

Thanks OP!

Well I had the confirmation email, partial backorder status, and just received the cancellation email @ 1:15pm MST. GD You FRY'S. So much for that. Hopefully all of you others get lucky.

Ordered the Blu-Ray version yesterday around 5 PM EST...got my confirmation e-mail last night...and my cancellation e-mail about 15 minutes ago.

I thought this one had a better shot at going through than the Deep Discount snafoo, but there's no harm in trying I guess.

fucking Fry's. I'm debating whether to call these assholes and tear them a new one and try to get them to make good on the 9.99 BRD price.

Clerical error?!? God damn bastards. It's not like it was listed for $.01. $16.xx is still a LOT for a movie, regardless of format.

Anyone going to call them and try to get something for their trouble?

Thank you for your recent Frys.com order. Unfortunately, a
clerical error was made during the composition of the Ad for an
item contained in order # XXXXXXZZZZZ

Due to the error we will be unable to fulfill your request.
Your order has been cancelled. Please note that your credit card
has not been charged. For further assistance you may contact us
by phone at 1-877-688-7678 or Email at [email protected]

Additional information regarding errors and omissions policy can
be obtained at:

http://shop4.outpost.com/template/help/index/FE30/Service3/Assist
ance/Middle_Topics/C6LegalNotices

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused.

Sincerely,

Frys.com
Customer Service Team

Toll Free in the U.S.: 1-(877)688-7678
International Direct: (408) 350-1484
Fax: (408) 487-4700
E-mail: [email protected]

I'm getting sick of these price mistakes on these websites. They need to do a better job of checking this crap before they go live with it. IMO, this price & the Superman collection deal last week were in the reasonable range. Especially this one, from the insane deals I hear people getting at Fry's b&m all the time.

[quote name='argyle']I'm getting sick of these price mistakes on these websites. They need to do a better job of checking this crap before they go live with it. IMO, this price & the Superman collection deal last week were in the reasonable range. Especially this one, from the insane deals I hear people getting at Fry's b&m all the time.[/quote]

Damn straight.

I want some super cheap shit, damn it!!! What insane deals does Fry's B&M have - usually only their super special sales (Black Friday, Anniversary, and some holidays) are any good. They have gotten pretty bad the last couple of years with their weekly sales, though.

What are you gonna do, sometimes the deals go through, sometimes they don't.

I still can't believe I got Babel on Blu-ray for $5 from GameZnFlix.

What's annoying is when they actually send you the wrong item when their listing was messed up. I got sent Half Life 2 Episode I for PC yesterday after I ordered the $10 pre-order for The Orange Box on 360 from Amazon.

But, that's the price of being a CAG. Amazon is refunding all my money and the return doesn't cost me anything aside from some minor hassle.

This one hurts more than the DDD mess up, but I knew DD was going to cancel me I thought this one was going to work out for me.. Oh well

nice, I got the cancellation email today, yet they charged my credit card yesterday for it. Now I get to deal with getting the charge removed. Their email said my credit card was not charged, yet it clearly was.

[quote name='scsg75']nice, I got the cancellation email today, yet they charged my credit card yesterday for it. Now I get to deal with getting the charge removed. Their email said my credit card was not charged, yet it clearly was.[/quote]

probably just the automatic authorization, that won't be pressed threw to a charge..

got mine cancelled today too

[quote name='scsg75']nice, I got the cancellation email today, yet they charged my credit card yesterday for it. Now I get to deal with getting the charge removed. Their email said my credit card was not charged, yet it clearly was.[/quote]

i am in the same boat *sigh*

I just received a back order email. I checked the site and my order is still back ordered. I do not know if they charged my cc. Very strange.

[quote name='thebob101']I just received a back order email. I checked the site and my order is still back ordered. I do not know if they charged my cc. Very strange.[/QUOTE]

Same here.............
Just checked and everything looked fine.
Finger crossed :)

I received a cancellation order and now a backorder email. I called Fry's and they said that the order was cancelled despite the 2nd email. Let me say that their customer service people are the least friendly folks I have ever spoken to.

I'm definately in:

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) are in stock.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I got the same thing, I logged onto my order and it shows canceled. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Mine still shows backorder :D

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I got the same thing, I logged onto my order and it shows canceled. :cry:[/quote]

Mines still Partial Backorder...sorry dude...that sucks.

got the cacellation email yesterday.
This morning i got one saying it was pending and will ship when it's available.
My card was already charged.

heh - yes cancellation here as well. In fact I tried to 'strong-arm' them stating the reason for cancellation was erroneous and wrong (as it states it's either as per my request and or as the item is no longer a vailable). However they have a legal disclaimer on their site protecting them from such errors and omissions. Bottom line - we're not going to get our orders.
Here's the e-mail from the cust-service mgr. who handled my feeble attempts:

Dear valued Frys.com customer,

Here is the link to our errors and omission and it is the 4th paragraph
down.
http://shop4.outpost.com/template/h...tance/Middle_Topics/C6LegalNotices#employment

again i apologize for the inconvenience the actual price of the items
are 24.99 and 29.99.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Aurvina R.

Frys.com
1-877-688-7678 - Toll Free
1-800-856-9800
1-408-487-4700 FAX

Received the cancellation email just a minute ago. Oh well, we tried. I need to check if they charged my cc and if I have to deal with that.

Cancelled after the pending e-mail was received earlier. Oh well, it was worth a shot...

And in other news, still no Matrix HD-DVD in the mail...

bread's done
Back