33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']UPDATE

Here is the deal. It's too simple to ask customer service when the sale ends, that must be why noone else decided to do it. :lol: Anyways...

the code will expire on 9/30 for NEW ITEMS

the code will expire on 10/13 for USED ITEMS

You're welcome. ;)[/QUOTE]

So do preorders count as "new items"?

Guess someone can just try it to find out, if anyone is so inclined.

can anybody on east coast time confirm that the code is dead for new items. I'm on west coast time here and it's still valid.

[quote name='nonametofame']can anybody on east coast time confirm that the code is dead for new items. I'm on west coast time here and it's still valid.[/QUOTE]
Still works here at 12:22am.

[quote name='Justin42']Uhm, it's going to depend on where the server is, not where you are.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, they're in Cali, thats right.

[quote name='nonametofame']can anybody on east coast time confirm that the code is dead for new items. I'm on west coast time here and it's still valid.[/QUOTE]

Wherehouse is west coast so prob won't be invalid until then...if they even turn it off exactly on time.

went ahead and picked up 24: season 3 used for 27 after tax. Not too bad. I received my order of Home Improvement and Battlestar Galactica with no problems. Still pissed they screwed me out of Roswell though...

[quote name='tayaf69']went ahead and picked up 24: season 3 used for 27 after tax. Not too bad. I received my order of Home Improvement and Battlestar Galactica with no problems. Still pissed they screwed me out of Roswell though...[/QUOTE]

*Drools on my mint Roswell :drool:* - j/k

Pretender: The Complete First Season [4 Discs] New DVD 31.98 Pretender: The Complete Second Season [4 Discs] New DVD 31.98 Angel: Season 5 [6 Discs] Used DVD 35.99 Angel: Season Four [6 Discs] Used DVD 27.99 House: Season One [3 Discs] New DVD 47.98 Married With Children: The Complete Fourth Season [3 Discs] New DVD 31.96 The Smashing Pumpkins ~ MACHINA/The Machines of God Used CD 7.99 Alias: The Complete Fourth Season [6 Discs] Pre-order DVD 47.9

My order for tonight

I'm waiting for Mario Kart: DD and Mario Power Tennis to come back on. I might toss in Indigo Prophecy also. Anyone whether the games are in good condition? If not I might just get my games from Ebay or Half.com.

[quote name='discopenguin816']It ends the 30th. The wherehouse add in my sunday paper stated that the sale ended on September 30th - not October 13th. The add also included a store only coupon for 40% off any used item.
[/QUOTE]
:wall: fuck.
I don't buy the paper one weekend and this is what I get.

[quote name='DT778']:wall: fuck.
I don't buy the paper one weekend and this is what I get.[/QUOTE]

40% off an item? What paper was this ad in?

town newspaper.
Last time they had a coupon like this is was 50% off. I was hoping to pick up a bunch of simpsons and family guy sets the next time I saw one. Hopefully I'll catch it next time

Dumbo [60th Anniversary Edition] [Widescreen]
New DVD - Price: $15.99

Jurassic Park [DTS] [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $5.33

Lost World, The: Jurassic Park (Collector's Edition;
Widescreen)
Used DVD - Price: $5.33

Free Willy [10th Anniversary Special Edition] [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99

Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama [Top-Secret Extended Edition]
Used DVD - Price: $6.66

Next Friday [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.33

Friday After Next [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

NFL: Super Bowl Champions Collection - San Francisco 49ers [2
Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 11/08/2005 - Price: $10.65

Total Bought: $55.94
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Shipping and Handling: $11.90
Sales Tax (CA 7.25%): $4.06
Total: $71.90

for me: Dumbo (finally :drool:, friday 2 & 3, and the 49ers SB Champs collection.
nephew: jurassic park 1 & 2, free willy
niece: kim possible.

Items Bought:

24: Season 3 [6 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $21.99

Blow [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

High Fidelity [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99

Arrested Development: Season 2 [3 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 10/11/2005 - Price: $21.32

Total Bought: $51.96
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Shipping and Handling: $7.90
Sales Tax (7.00%): $3.64
Total: $63.50

I made another order at 3 am (cen) and the code still worked. The used season 3 of 24 came back in stock so I decided I couldn't live without it at that price.

Man I hate this code... I just spent another 150.. so thats like 4 orders 500+ dollars .. and everytime I bitch to myself about the extra 2 dollars im wasting for the initial shipping...
aarrggh, atleast everything gets here next day, unlike the BB deal 2 dollars an item for 2 week delivery :roll:
man used stuff has to stop coming back on... or I have to just quit looking :lol:

[quote name='Ecofreak']So do preorders count as "new items"?

Guess someone can just try it to find out, if anyone is so inclined.[/QUOTE]

would you consider preorders as "used items"? thanks ;)

So I decided to check the condition of my stuff... Curb Your Enthuiasm Seasons 1 and 2 along with Batman Animated Series Vol 2 were flawless, great condition.

Family Guy Volume 1, however, not so great. Granted, I only paid 19 dollars for it, but the box is a bit beat up and the cd's have majorly taken some abuse. Debating over whether or not to send it back in and get a replacement... I mean, everything works fine, not sure I want to go through the hassle of sending it back.

If only Volume 3 went up used again...

Well CAG's, the offer still works so far, so it either may end later today or extend for a few more days, but if your going to buy ANYTHING, I would recommend doing it now.

[quote name='.JPG']Well CAG's, the offer still works so far, so it either may end later today or extend for a few more days, but if your going to buy ANYTHING, I would recommend doing it now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I checked it around 9am. I was about 10 seconds from convincing myself to hit "Place Order" on Seasons 1 (used), 2 and 3 (new) of 24, but then I realized that $112 was much better spent on the 30 games still on my GC wish list (probably good for at least 6 or 7 games)

[quote name='.JPG']Well CAG's, the offer still works so far, so it either may end later today or extend for a few more days, but if your going to buy ANYTHING, I would recommend doing it now.[/QUOTE]

I think this might be the type of site where the people who work there just pack up on friday and don't touch it until they come into work on monday. Last time I placed an order on friday and nothing happened until the following monday. I wrote an email once and didn't get a reply until monday. This leads me to believe that maybe they forgot to take the code off on friday and it will be good through at least monday.....or it could go through oct. 12. Trial and error i guess is the only way to find out. Hopefully my theory is correct and none of the used stuff is restocked this weekend. (I've spent waaaaaay too much money for more of my wishlist items to come back, DAMN YOU USED DVD BOX SETS.....YOU'RE MAKING ME POOR!)

I just placed pre-order of FRIENDS in cart ; screen interface looked different where it prompts for CODE; anyway, it now REJECTS code as invalid (worked a few hours ago when i tested)- so most probably now dead for NEW and pre-order material anyway.

I just got my traffic CC and bottle rocket today. i should be getting my robocop CC on monday or tuesday!!! this deal was great to me.

I wonder if this sale is going to be an annual or semi-annual event. :pray:

[quote name='gwill']dead for used material at wherehouse.com now too.....looks like the sale has ended[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness, I was about to buy some used seasons of South Park. Phew!

I just tried the code (ISC409OF) and I was returned the message: "Invalid promotion code entered."

Has anyone else had a sucessful order, or can we call this one dead?

-- K-rig

Just to stop anyone from yelling at me if the used code isn't working til the 13th of Oct like I was told and like I posted...here's the e-mail that I sent and received to and from wherehouse.com that made me post my findings.

To Wherehouse.com:
Hi, I was wondering when this code was going to expire. I heard that it
would either expire on the 30th of Sept or the 13th of Oct. I would
like to know asap because the 30th is tomorrow and I may want to throw
another order in before it's over.
Thanks a lot.
--
Bryan

From Wherehouse.com:
Hello Bryan,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Apparently there has been some confusion over this promotion, and I had
to check with the head office on it.

The 33% discount for new items ends today (9/30/05). However, the
discount is still good on used product until 10/13.

Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Moira
Customer Service
www.wherehouse.com

So blame Moira :lol:

Interesting. Anyways for what it's worth I ordered a "new" game today using the code to get 33% off. Maybe it is not dead yet.

I had the same problem earlier Saturday with used games not working either with the code. Wanted to get some seinfeld and Family guy...lame.

The code does not work any more for new items. I really wanted to get Star Trek TNG 1-7 new. With the code, I could have got the sets brand new at $447. Amazing deal. Just not enough money with rent due. :(

Reality's Fringe]What'd you get? If any of them are Q: Are We Not Men said:
Q: Are We Not Men, and Duty Now for the Future. Already had Freedom of Choice and Oh No It's DEVO (on Rollins' old Infinite Zero label), as well as the elusive Hardcore Vol. 1 and 2 off Ryko. Just saw DEVO a few weeks back at the House of Blues here in LA, and figured I should catch up on their actual albums (none of that greatest-hit junk).

Damn, well I got one of my orders but the disc was cracked and I emailed them about it and they didn't have any more in stock. :( So I get a refund... but with shipping and tax didn't really save too much.

[quote name='DV8']Damn, well I got one of my orders but the disc was cracked and I emailed them about it and they didn't have any more in stock. :( So I get a refund... but with shipping and tax didn't really save too much.[/QUOTE]

My disk came scratched and is out of stock too. Since I paid $5 - 33% for the game not worth sending it back to get the refund. Oh well at least Burnout Revenge ended up being a sweet deal.

I went to wherehouse music last night and my receipt has

Free Shipping!
At www.wherehouse.com!
Use Promotional Code:
SHIP12TP at checkout!

Expires 12/31/05

Has everyone been billed for their stuff yet? Because i ordered my stuff on the 23rd and received half of what i ordered last week and the other half was a pre order and i have yet to be billed on my card.

Got half of what I ordered.

Indigo Prophecy and Baten Kaitos

They cancelled my Tales of Symphonia and RE4 orders. :(

[quote name='Dingleberry']Has everyone been billed for their stuff yet? Because i ordered my stuff on the 23rd and received half of what i ordered last week and the other half was a pre order and i have yet to be billed on my card.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. They'll probably bill you when the order is totally completed.

Wow, my used Shield Season 2 was absolutely perfect. The discs were mint and the box didn't even have so much as an indentation on it. The only thing was that there was 2 stickers on it but they were the kind of stickers that have very weak adhesive so they came right off and didn't leave any residue. Overall, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase!

This place kicks arse!

Two of my three Xbox games were backordered, but they shipped the other one immediately via Fed Ex in a highly-protective cardboard sleeve thingy and, two days later, got my two other games back in stock and shipped those.

Nothing but a great experience with wherehouse.com

And, in addition to essentially getting 3 games for the price of 2, I was able to burn up all of my remaining in-store credit from the great FYE trade-in values of 2004, which put an extra smile on my face.

A big thank you to the OP for alerting everyone to this deal!

I was worried that shipping and tax would kill the deal, but after ordering a new Battlestar Galactica, 'used' Home Improvement Season 1, and 'new' Fresh prince: season 2, I ended up saving $3.00 over the DDD 20% sale. AND I got it now. My 24: Season 3 has yet to ship so I am a little worried though.

[quote name='racthamp']Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF[/QUOTE]

*Sadness* Just tried it out on a new copy of Ultimate Spider-Man for Cube and it didn't take anything off. Said it's "33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!"

Unfortunately there are no used copies of USM in stock. Hopefully they'll get some, I put it on my "Wish List."

Great site anyhow, I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for the idea. :)

EDIT: Didn't look at how old the deal is. I guess it's nice that the code still works for anything at all. Thanks again OP for throwing this at us.

I just got my copy of splinter cell chaos theory for ps2, the shipping was faster than eb standard imo, and the used games was in new condition. :cool:

bread's done
Back