$34,368 Raised! - CAG Fund for Child's Play 2013 Charity Raffle - ALL WINNERS POSTED!

Just donated $10. Hopefully next week I will be able to do another $10.

Thanks for the giveaway and to all those that donated.

Are we good with this charity and it's operation? Just trying to get a feel for it. Everything I read seems to be very positive. Unlike the Extra-Life charity (they have some very sketchy book-keeping and expenses). I just worry that organizations like this mask greediness with nobles causes aimed at certain markets. If it's truly on the up and up, I'm in. I just like to be sure beforehand. Extra-Life has caused me to really be careful when donating money...

Donated. This is pretty awesome.

If I want to donate some steam keys or something for the raffle, do I PM cheapy with the actual info of what I'm offering, or do I include the key itself as well?

Are we good with this charity and it's operation? Just trying to get a feel for it. Everything I read seems to be very positive. Unlike the Extra-Life charity (they have some very sketchy book-keeping and expenses). I just worry that organizations like this mask greediness with nobles causes aimed at certain markets. If it's truly on the up and up, I'm in. I just like to be sure beforehand. Extra-Life has caused me to really be careful when donating money...
From their webpage FAQ:

Does Child’s Play charge administrative fees?

We try our best to have every dollar that comes in go right back to the hospitals, but there is a slight administrative cost that does get paid for with donations (for example, shipping thousands of consoles and games to hospitals worldwide is not free, sadly). Historically, these charges have not exceeded 6%. It’s true that we’re a non-profit, but unlike most non-profits, we’re not in it to create a self-sustainable entity. We do it to give.
And I think they're already pretty well funded by their better-known half, Penny Arcade.

Edit: And what's wrong with Extra-Life? That at least 36% of the contributions go towards administrative fees? That's still not as bad as most charities. The NFL's charity only give about 3.54% to the actual charity. Susan G. Komen gives less than 15% of their takings. So even giving 64% is MASSIVE as far as charities go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting for this!  Didn't hear about it on the cagcast though... Anyways, my yearly $100 in the bucket :)  Good luck everyone!

I did $30 a few weeks ago, and just kicked in another $25.  I get paid tomorrow, and will throw another $25 (at least) in as well.

I wish I could do more, but still recovering from Christmas and job issues.

I have my fingers crossed for that Xbox one, BUT... don't really care, as the real prize is giving to a worthy charity!

Long time lurker and I can't help but like what you're doing here Cheapy.  Made my donation this morning! Really awesome to be a part of a community like this.  

Just donated my pittance ($25) for the cause. About the raffle though, I am not sure how you are going to link my donation with my a/c since I took care of the donation part before signing up (that's right, I am a new member). In any case, I'd have donated, so I am fine.

Just donated my pittance ($25) for the cause. About the raffle though, I am not sure how you are going to link my donation with my a/c since I took care of the donation part before signing up (that's right, I am a new member). In any case, I'd have donated, so I am fine.
I believe if the email associated with the donation doesn't match up with a CAG user profile, you will be contacted through the email. So it should be fine.

Kicked in $50, sorry for the delay! With all the money CAG has saved me this last year thought I should pass some of the savings on to a great cause!

PS - if I win CheapyD's collection, Tai can keep Ghostbusters (my son already has it)! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I donated, but it never asked for my CAG user name, will it make the connection using my email address to get me in the raffle? What if my email I entered for the donation is different from my CAG email? Just wondering how this works ;) I have donated in the past but was never sure my name was in the hat!

I believe if the email associated with the donation doesn't match up with a CAG user profile, you will be contacted through the email. So it should be fine.

So I donated, but it never asked for my CAG user name, will it make the connection using my email address to get me in the raffle? What if my email I entered for the donation is different from my CAG email? Just wondering how this works ;) I have donated in the past but was never sure my name was in the hat!

In for 25 thanks guys as always for a great cause is there an easy way to share the donation bar on FB cause I got no clue but would share if I knew what's up?

Donated 5 bucks. Shame on me but too many expenses this month. From about $5-10 a month on iOS to over $300 this month (3ds xl & games). Something is better than nothing I guess :eek:

bread's done
Back