360+20gig HDD+extra controller+Bioshock for $199.99

[quote name='kona']woot...they were sold out last night but I just tried again and my order went through. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Thanks for the notice! Here's hoping that it's not just a glitch in their system.

I couldn't get one at all before, but my order just went through, as well! I'm so excited, this deal is even better than the Black Friday ones.

[quote name='Soulhunter88']I couldn't get one at all before, but my order just went through, as well! I'm so excited, this deal is even better than the Black Friday ones.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The best BF 360 deal was the Circuit City Arcade deal and this one actually includes a game I want for the same price. And no standing in line!

On Slickdeals it seems a bunch of orders were getting canceled. This deal may actually be dead, only one way to find out I guess.

Edit: CRAP! The Item seems to have gone invalid as I was in the process of placing an order.

I picked one up.. great deal. I was planning on Circuit City next Friday, too. My nephews will be happy, but unfortunately they are too young for BioShock.. that will have to be for me. What a shame ;)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']On Slickdealls it seems a bunch of orders were getting canceled. This deal may actually be dead, only one way to find out I guess.[/quote]

damn.. that would suck. oh well, no harm in trying i guess

Any 360 can be partially backwards compatible if it has or you add a hard drive to it. Check Xbox.com for a list of backwards compatible games. From my experience, the compatibility works pretty darned well.

I'd avoid this unit though personally.

I just wouldn't want to risk getting a second generation 360, and it sounds like there's a good chance at least some of these are second gen.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I just wouldn't want to risk getting a second generation 360, and it sounds like there's a good chance at least some of these are second gen.[/QUOTE]
It'd be easy enough to return to Office Depot if it is.

[quote name='Wolfpup']You'd have no way of knowing for sure before opening it if they're all from 2007.[/QUOTE]
Sure you would. And even if you had to open it, what's the big deal? You can return open consoles for a refund.

[quote name='torifile']Sure you would. And even if you had to open it, what's the big deal? You can return open consoles for a refund.[/QUOTE]

Usually you can't return open stuff for a refund, and no, you wouldn't be able to know for sure on a 2007 model.

Isn't there a way to tell when the system is made by the LOT # or something on the label on the package?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Usually you can't return open stuff for a refund, and no, you wouldn't be able to know for sure on a 2007 model.[/QUOTE]
At Office Depot? Sure you can. I've done it with all sorts of stuff from there. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single store that you can't open a console and return it within 30 days for a full refund.

BTW, you can tell the manu date by the lot # anyway. Google it.

Yes, but the manufacturer date doesn't tell you what revision it is. If these are 2007 models as has been reported, there's an excellent chance they're only second gen, and far less reliable than current systems.

Manufacture date is not reliable for finding falcons. For example, my Elite is a falcon (w/a BenQ) and it was made in October 2007. People have reported not getting falcons even into the beginning of 2008.

Has anyone who bought this had theirs shipped yet? Mine's still "pending"... getting a feeling more & more that it's just going to be canceled.

For $200, I'd roll the dice. If it's an older unit, you still have three years of protection. Or you could sell the system for the price you paid and have the controller and BioShock for free.

Just received notification that my XBOX just shipped:

[FONT=Arial, Sans-serif]Carton 1[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-serif] - Shipped on - Carrier: - Tracking number: See Order History[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-serif]ITEM DESCRIPTION[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-serif]QTY[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-serif]MICROSOFT XB360 BUNDLE[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-serif](519380)[/FONT]

Ship confirmation here too. I'm actually going to turn around and sell this thing minus the controller so if anyone wants me to set up an auction so you can save 25% PM me and we can work the details. I'm thinking something like a BIN price of $260 shipped. Your cost is $195, I net a controller out of the deal and we're all happy. :)

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Does the 360 have an HDMI port? Or is it random?[/QUOTE]

Everything since the original revision has an HDMI port. (The second, third, and upcoming fourth revisions.)

If these don't have HDMI, then they're REEEEEEEEEEEEAALLY old, as they added HDMI long before Falcon came out.

No! It's not a stupid question at all. I just double checked, and if the reports of these being 2007 models is true, there's technicaly a chance they could be a first, second, or third generation 360, as all three were built during 2007. They'll probably be second or third gen though, and thus have HDMI.

Mine came in today. It does come with two controllers BTW. A blue one and the wireless one included with the system. Manufacture date is 8/10/2007 and it does have an HDMI :)

Oh and my best friends brand new elite benq /falcon manufactured 5/08 RRoD 2 days out of the box. LeSigh.

Good grief, that's bad :(

Well...think there's a slim chance yours is a Falcon, but you'd have to check.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Good grief, that's bad :(

Well...think there's a slim chance yours is a Falcon, but you'd have to check.[/QUOTE]
Mine's a Zephyr for sure. It says it right on the label. Doesn't matter since I'm going to flip it or return it.

[quote name='Orphicdragon']Mine came in today. It does come with two controllers BTW. A blue one and the wireless one included with the system. Manufacture date is 8/10/2007 and it does have an HDMI :)

Oh and my best friends brand new elite benq /falcon manufactured 5/08 RRoD 2 days out of the box. LeSigh.[/quote]
How can Microsoft consistently manufacture these things so horribly?

Well, supposedly it was a design flaw originally. But then they do use much junkier companies and components than Sony (or traditionally Nintendo, although IMO Nintendo's quality is becoming more suspect since that ancient guy left). I mean who's heard of the companies they use for manufacture, or even half of the optical drives they use?

Oh well, I'm lucking out on my Falcon so far, and thankfully I've NEVER had one scratch a disc. I've always said as soon as that happens, I'm done with the 360, and I mean it.

Interesting, I'll read through the rest of that. Don't think I've seen that.

I hope they can get it under control, and hope this doesn't affect future systems :whistle2:(

IMO my Wii shouldn't ever have broken considering it's 8 year old hardware being sold for more than a 360 though

Just got mine delivered to my door. Confirmed that it is a BenQ drive with a manufacturing date of 8/10/07 and has HDMI. Not sure what chipset it is though.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Just got mine delivered to my door. Confirmed that it is a BenQ drive with a manufacturing date of 8/10/07 and has HDMI. Not sure what chipset it is though.[/quote]
How do you check what drive a system has?

You check the disc tray first to see if it is samsung, hitachi, or liteon/benq. Then if it matches liteon/benq, remove the faceplate and look at a small hole on the right for a colored wire. If it is white, it is BenQ, if it is yellow it is a LiteOn.

So, I got mine in the mail today. What a sweet bundle! An extra controller, Bioshock, and the Premium system were all nicely packaged. My power supple is a 203watt, but it the manufacturing date is 8/10/07. It also has HDMI. So I plugged her in, and RROD. Dammit. So, I called up Microsoft and they can't process my broken 360 because they are updating their systems right now. I'm supposed to call back in like 4 hours.

Should I do the Microsoft return thing, or should I try to exchange it at my local Office Depot? I feel like this is a really good deal, and I don't want to lose it by returning it to Office Depot. But, I feel like I am going to have to wait forever if I go the Microsoft route.

[quote name='Soulhunter88']So, I got mine in the mail today. What a sweet bundle! An extra controller, Bioshock, and the Premium system were all nicely packaged. My power supple is a 203watt, but it the manufacturing date is 8/10/07. It also has HDMI. So I plugged her in, and RROD. Dammit. So, I called up Microsoft and they can't process my broken 360 because they are updating their systems right now. I'm supposed to call back in like 4 hours.

Should I do the Microsoft return thing, or should I try to exchange it at my local Office Depot? I feel like this is a really good deal, and I don't want to lose it by returning it to Office Depot. But, I feel like I am going to have to wait forever if I go the Microsoft route.[/quote]

Wait you're saying a brand new out of box 360 RROD on you?

The Microsoft route is not bad. My Xbox broke a few times and it usually takes about a week or 10 days to get fixed. However, you might get a refurbished system back from Microsoft which would suck.

If you cant get Office Depot to exchange systems I would go the Microsoft route since this is such a great deal.

I just sent my back to MS 6 weeks ago and got it back within 2.5 weeks from mailing to them. They received and turned around the same day. So the real wait was UPS ground.

[quote name='Soulhunter88']So, I got mine in the mail today. What a sweet bundle! An extra controller, Bioshock, and the Premium system were all nicely packaged. My power supple is a 203watt, but it the manufacturing date is 8/10/07. It also has HDMI. So I plugged her in, and RROD. Dammit. So, I called up Microsoft and they can't process my broken 360 because they are updating their systems right now. I'm supposed to call back in like 4 hours. [/QUOTE]

They always claim to be updating their systems when you call. It is just a lie. Just fill out the online form instead of calling it in.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wait you're saying a brand new out of box 360 RROD on you?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I took it out of the box, plugged it in, and got the RROD. Why would they lie to me about updating their systems? I was on the phone with her for like 20 minutes. I guess I'll try filling out the forms online.

[quote name='jeremy517']They always claim to be updating their systems when you call. It is just a lie. Just fill out the online form instead of calling it in.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it might not be a lie.

Their systems might have the red ring of death :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Hey, it might not be a lie.

Their systems might have the red ring of death :lol:[/quote]
More likely blue screens of death.

bread's done
Back