3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']Ok, I've to open up the old question regarding Best Buy's Lion King 3D again...

$29.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lion+Kin...king&lp=5&cp=1

$34.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Lion...king&lp=4&cp=1

Supposedly there's a BB exclusive for Lion King, a Lunchbox Tin! So, my question is, is the $34.99 the version that comes with the Lunchbox Tin? Or the $29.99 version as well (the Lunchbox Tin is packed separately)?[/QUOTE]

It's the $34.99 one, but it's going to be $29.99 next week (it's in the BB ad, see the stickied thread) and you can take an additional $5 off of that with the Disney coupon.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's the $34.99 one, but it's going to be $29.99 next week (it's in the BB ad, see the stickied thread) and you can take an additional $5 off of that with the Disney coupon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it will be 34.99 pre-coupon. The ad list provided has the wrong price. In the slideshow with pics of the ad it states 29.99 after coupon and below it says 34.99 w/o coupon.

[quote name='darkdaze73']Actually, it will be 34.99 pre-coupon. The ad list provided has the wrong price. In the slideshow with pics of the ad it states 29.99 after coupon and below it says 34.99 w/o coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. I didn't see the actual ad, was just basing that on what was written. That makes more sense since it was 39.99 a few days ago and BB now shows it as on sale for $34.99

Sweet, thanks SSJ and darkdaze, I'll get the $34.99 version of Lion King :)
Glee 3D? Better not suck like some other 3D concert movie :lol:

My Drive Angry 3D shipped early! Good times.

Also, we took our daughter to Lion King 3D this week and the 3d was well done. I was worried that this after-the-fact 3d would detract from the original tone of the film (à la colorization of B&W), but I think it was balanced nicely and used appropriately. So I am excited about the 3D :br:

Saw some interesting drops on Amazon.co.uk:

Piranha 3D 5.49 BPS or ~$8.60 USD

Gnomeo & Juliet 3d
8.99 BPS or ~ $14.05 USD

A Turtles Tale: Sammy's Adventure 3D 12.30 BPS or ~$19.22 USD (Pricey but the reviews say the 3D is fantastic.)

And :lol: The Lovers' Guide 3D - Igniting Desire (not posting a link for this since it seems to be an NC-17/X equivalent). 9.79BPS ~$15.30 USD Amazon reviews are 4.5/5 stars.

Note: None of these are specifically listed as region free- if anyone can verify functionality I'd love to know especially about Piranha 3D

Shipping is not free to the US, but when ordering multiple titles, it is usually cheaper than buying domestic and- in many cases- you get a cool alternate cover.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Saw some interesting drops on Amazon.co.uk:

Piranha 3D 5.49 BPS or ~$8.60 USD

Gnomeo & Juliet 3d
8.99 BPS or ~ $14.05 USD

A Turtles Tale: Sammy's Adventure 3D 12.30 BPS or ~$19.22 USD (Pricey but the reviews say the 3D is fantastic.)

And :lol: The Lovers' Guide 3D - Igniting Desire (not posting a link for this since it seems to be an NC-17/X equivalent). 9.79BPS ~$15.30 USD Amazon reviews are 4.5/5 stars.

Note: None of these are specifically listed as region free- if anyone can verify functionality I'd love to know especially about Piranha 3D

Shipping is not free to the US, but when ordering multiple titles, it is usually cheaper than buying domestic and- in many cases- you get a cool alternate cover.[/QUOTE]

I believe Piranha 3d is the old style 3d as it says on the cover "includes 2 pairs of 3d glasses".

[quote name='darkdaze73']I believe Piranha 3d is the old style 3d as it says on the cover "includes 2 pairs of 3d glasses".[/QUOTE]

From the description:
Includes both anaglyphic (requiring the use of the included 3D glasses) and stereoscopic (for 3DTVs & blu-ray players) 3D versions of the film, as well as a 2D version.

From what I;ve seen many EU/UK releases do this.

[quote name='darkdaze73']I believe Piranha 3d is the old style 3d as it says on the cover "includes 2 pairs of 3d glasses".[/QUOTE]

Piranha 3d also says Blu-Ray 3D, and the description does says stereoscopic. But it also says Region B/2.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']From the description:

From what I;ve seen many EU/UK releases do this.[/QUOTE]

yeah, just looked into it on another site and saw that. did not check the region aspect though.

As far as A Turtles Tale, I saw one review and it says Region B in the specs. Only thing I could find on that as far as region coding.

According to www.digitalbits.com, looks like Best Buy will have exclusivity rights to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt II. The site mentions that they *may* get rights to Part I in 3D as well, but that's a bit fuzzy as it's been reported that Sony may get that as well for a new "bundle".

I wish they'd stop with all these exclusives and bundles. If they want the format to take off, they need to make these films generally available, and at reasonable MSRPs. $30+ (after discounts) for one bare-bones, movie-only BD is absurd! (I know, I'm preaching to the choir :))

Are how to train a dragon and aliens vs monsters and megamind only 3D and blu-ray and DVD no DC

[quote name='starmask2k3']Are how to train a dragon and aliens vs monsters and megamind only 3D and blu-ray and DVD no DC[/QUOTE]Yes, they're 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD. No DC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, they're 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD. No DC.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's 3D/2D BD + DVD. There are no extras (i.e. none of what's included on the 2D BD release).
I hate these over-prices bare-bones releases. I would have rather had 3D BD + 2D BD with extras and no DVD. I hope they have a BOGO sale on these titles (or a general release) soon as I won't pay $30 for a bare-bones release.

Is there a consensus as to which 3D bluray has the best 3D? i am getting a new TV soon and would like to pick up a showcase 3D blu.

[quote name='MachineElf']Is there a consensus as to which 3D bluray has the best 3D? i am getting a new TV soon and would like to pick up a showcase 3D blu.[/QUOTE]

most people will say Avatar.

[quote name='KyleN']Actually, it's 3D/2D BD + DVD. There are no extras (i.e. none of what's included on the 2D BD release).
I hate these over-prices bare-bones releases. I would have rather had 3D BD + 2D BD with extras and no DVD. I hope they have a BOGO sale on these titles (or a general release) soon as I won't pay $30 for a bare-bones release.[/QUOTE]I'm never sure if it's a 2-disc as you stated, or a 3-disc until I get a chance to check the disc count.

As it's only at Best Buy and sometimes, they're not accurate, it's always better to get a review to see for certain.

I think the Blu-Ray.com review confirms that it's a 2-disc, and I agree, I hate the bare bones releases like we've been getting previously and these ones.

At least Disney is doing well with their 3D combo packs because they're not bare bones.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm never sure if it's a 2-disc as you stated, or a 3-disc until I get a chance to check the disc count.

As it's only at Best Buy and sometimes, they're not accurate, it's always better to get a review to see for certain.

I think the Blu-Ray.com review confirms that it's a 2-disc, and I agree, I hate the bare bones releases like we've been getting previously and these ones.

At least Disney is doing well with their 3D combo packs because they're not bare bones.[/QUOTE]

I've seen all three movies in-store and it says right at the top of the front cover that it's only a Blu-ray 3D disc and a DVD, I think that's confirmation enough... I mean, why would Dreamworks not advertise including a separate 2D Blu-ray disc?

I also agree that $30 for a barebones release is not worth it... maybe BB will do something similar to their Archer Season 1 Blu-ray sale and more than halve the price. That would be nice.

I must also say that I'm worried that the BB exclusive Deathly Hallows Parts I and II 3D discs will be single-disc affairs, which means (since I already have the however-many-disc BB 2D version of DH1) I'll have to buy two copies of Deathly Hallows Part 2 if I want to have both extra features and a 3D version of the movie... but I'll probably do it no matter what. I've gotta have the whole collection!! ;)

[quote name='bradgold']Captain America: The First Avenger 3D Limited Edition is on pre-order at overstock.com right now for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, on the last step of the checkout it said 2 left, placed my order and it went through and now it says sold out. So it looks like I got my order in just in time.

[quote name='bradgold']Captain America: The First Avenger 3D Limited Edition is on pre-order at overstock.com right now for $19.99. Got both Thor and Captain America in 3D for this price from them!
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/6223933/product.html

Green Lantern 3D and Lion King 3D also seem to be priced at $19.99 if you're more into those![/QUOTE]

Captain America Sold out as I was trying to check out :( Was also going to pick up Green Lantern to save on shipping, but now I'll just hold off.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Captain America 3d is Back in stock- but green lantern is OOS[/QUOTE]

Yep--and looks like they also kicked up the price of Green Lantern :(

[quote name='doubledown']Is Captain America any good? I still have issues buying movies for $20....[/QUOTE]
Did you enjoy The Rocketeer? If so, you may enjoy Cap. Personally, I loved it.

Went to get GL 3D and was kind of upset because the box didn't mention the Batman: AC content. The 2D copies had stickers advertising it. Anyway, bought it and the code was inside.

Are they not 3d/2D disc? Amazon's listing shows that it's only 3-disc, so i guess the special features are out of the question too.

Even at $70, i'm sure it'd be cheaper to buy them all seperately on release. BBY will probably run them for $27 each with a bundle deal if you buy all 3.

I'm not sure if you already have the 2D versions of the three Toy Story movies if it's worth trading/selling them to get the 3D combo packs, since I would guess everything that was on the 2D sets is also on the 3D combo packs.

You get digital copies of the first two movies, which wasn't an option when they came out, from the combo packs.

I'm guessing the 3 3D movie pack is just the 3D discs and nothing else. The combo packs should be as they were before, 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC, though DCs weren't there on TS1 and TS2.

From the disc counts, 4 on the TS1 and TS2 3D Combo packs and 5 on the TS3 3D Combo pack, it makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already sold the 2D ones a month or so back in preperation- but I was hoping the 3D bundle was just going to be something similar to the wagon set with an extra 3 disc.

I just updated the wiki-thread, but FYI, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I & II will BOTH be 3D, Best Buy Exclusives and now open for Pre-orders.

[quote name='nbballard']Are they not 3d/2D disc? Amazon's listing shows that it's only 3-disc, so i guess the special features are out of the question too.

Even at $70, i'm sure it'd be cheaper to buy them all seperately on release. BBY will probably run them for $27 each with a bundle deal if you buy all 3.[/QUOTE]

DeepDiscount currently has the trilogy set listed at 59.99. I am holding off on ordering it though as I am gonna wait and see the pricing for release week deals and hope there is a coupon for it also.

Don't want to have to re-buy the individual sets again(like I did with BatB) just for the 3d, but also don't want to pay $20+ per disc just for 3d only.

[quote name='movie_mike']I just updated the wiki-thread, but FYI, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I & II will BOTH be 3D, Best Buy Exclusives and now open for Pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I hope the HP: DH pt2 page/description is mistaken, since it says "DVD" but shows a picture of the blu-ray.

[quote name='darkdaze73']DeepDiscount currently has the trilogy set listed at 59.99. I am holding off on ordering it though as I am gonna wait and see the pricing for release week deals and hope there is a coupon for it also.

Don't want to have to re-buy the individual sets again(like I did with BatB) just for the 3d, but also don't want to pay $20+ per disc just for 3d only.[/QUOTE]

I got the individual 3D Releases and like them much better than a boxset. They look really nice on the shelf all lined up (in 3D).

[quote name='GizmoGC']I got the individual 3D Releases and like them much better than a boxset. They look really nice on the shelf all lined up (in 3D).[/QUOTE]

How/where in the heck did you get the Toy Story 3D Blu-rays this early? Because I really would like to know where I can pick these up over a week before release-date!!!

[quote name='larrythefatcat']How/where in the heck did you get the Toy Story 3D Blu-rays this early? Because I really would like to know where I can pick these up over a week before release-date!!![/QUOTE]Gizmo runs a review site for movies and usually gets them early to review them.

Hmm--WB just announced today that they are pulling a Disney, and that all Harry Potter DVDs and BDs will be vaulted on December 29th. Not sure if that means the only way to get the 3D Deathly Hallows for a while will be to get them from Best Buy before the end of December.

[quote name='KyleN']Hmm--WB just announced today that they are pulling a Disney, and that all Harry Potter DVDs and BDs will be vaulted on December 29th. Not sure if that means the only way to get the 3D Deathly Hallows for a while will be to get them from Best Buy before the end of December.[/QUOTE]I guess you mean something like this?

[quote name='shrike4242']Warner HMV is going to pull a Disney-style vault practice with all of the Harry Potter movies:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7614

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 and the complete 8-film collection will be on the shelf from release date until the end of the year, and then they're gone until some time into 2012, plus the other 7 films.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pjb16']I hope the HP: DH pt2 page/description is mistaken, since it says "DVD" but shows a picture of the blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Both Parts I & II say Blu Ray 3D. Couldn't find where it said DVD, but I'm sure we can all agree that it'll be on Blu Ray.

[quote name='movie_mike']Both Parts I & II say Blu Ray 3D. Couldn't find where it said DVD, but I'm sure we can all agree that it'll be on Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]
It says blu-ray now, but initially pt 2 said "DVD" and still says it in my order details. But the sku in my order matches that of the current blu-ray listing, so yes it is (and most likely was) the blu-ray no matter what.

bread's done
Back