3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought an old Sci-Fi film called "APE" from Kino video, it's an old B-grade film from the 70's that was shown in 3D originally in the theaters. 3D is good, but otherwise it's what you would expect from low budget Sci-Fi. I think Kino has remastered a few of these old drive-in type movies and have released others.
I've been wanting to get APE in 3D. I have the 2D version on DVD, fun movie for what it is.

Those were the same exact two I was thinking of getting. Let me know if they send them to you with slipcovers.
My store has the Hobbit movies, edge of tomorrow, jupiter and the wizard of oz as the only ones with slipcovers. You should check your store to see if those movies has them.

I just got 3d glasses for my 3d tv. But I don't have any 3d blurays yet. Is there any way for me to test it? I was thinking psn might have some demo videos but I don't know how to find it. Just wanna try it out. Don't care if it's a boring video of a humming bird flying or something.

Your TV may have a shitty way to convert images to 3D. You can try that. Mine cuts the picture horizontally, and puts the bottom on top, or some weird thing.

I just got 3d glasses for my 3d tv. But I don't have any 3d blurays yet. Is there any way for me to test it? I was thinking psn might have some demo videos but I don't know how to find it. Just wanna try it out. Don't care if it's a boring video of a humming bird flying or something.
PSN used to have a free Bon Jovi 3D music video (first thing I watched in 3D on my TV), but I'm not sure if it's still listed or not...

there are videos on youtube

I believe James Gunn made a passing comment on Facebook or twitter within the last day or two that we will get a 3D blu release

Is there a reason why doctor strange 3D is hard to find/super expensive on amazon?
lol kind of funny i just got it. i got it from russian seller. it for 22.05 shipped. if you dont mind russian cover he has some cool 3d movies some not released here for good prices.

heres doctor strange one i got.

and heres a list of his other 3d ones.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=poobaa&_armrs=1&_osacat=617&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC4.A0.H0.X3d.TRS2&_nkw=3d&_sacat=617

I ordered mine on july 8th and just got them today. they shipped wraped in cardboard then in mail bag with bubble between the movies.

lol kind of funny i just got it. i got it from russian seller. it for 22.05 shipped. if you dont mind russian cover he has some cool 3d movies some not released here for good prices.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=poobaa&_armrs=1&_osacat=617&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC4.A0.H0.X3d.TRS2&_nkw=3d&_sacat=617

I ordered mine on july 8th and just got them today. they shipped wraped in cardboard then in mail bag with bubble between the movies.
I just bought The great wall and a few others from that seller. Haven't watched them yet but shipping was pretty quick and all factory sealed.

Spider-Man Homecoming 3-D was available for preorder this morning, and now the listing has been entirely removed from Amazon. Not good.
I still see it on Amazon. I searched 'Homecoming 3D', and while 3D is not listed in the title on the app in the search results, the item says 3D when you select it.

Thanks! but im the type of asshat that likes his stuff in english. I guess im SOL.

Is the new Ghost in the Shell 3D Blu-ray limited or something?

It's sold out everywhere but Amazon, and Amazon is now selling it for almost $50.

Yeah, I don't know, but something was up with the 3D version - none of the local B&M stores were offering it in-store, only online. I ordered mine from Amazon on release day for $28, and it's finally shipping out on Monday. 

Is the new Ghost in the Shell 3D Blu-ray limited or something?

It's sold out everywhere but Amazon, and Amazon is now selling it for almost $50.
I ordered mine from DeepDiscount.com the day before release because they had it the cheapest and I got it today.

I ordered mine from DeepDiscount.com the day before release because they had it the cheapest and I got it today.
Same here, it was $21.24 after the 15% off sale code they had last week and it arrived yesterday.

3D releases seem to becoming more and more niche it seems. I pretty much jump on anything new and halfway decent at $25 or under now.

So yeah, We've invested all this money in 3D movie releases over the last eight years, and soon we won't even have equipment to view it on - less and less TVs are 3D capable anymore, and almost all of the 4K projectors coming out do not support 3D either. Once my Epson 3D projector dies, I'm afraid I won't be able to replace it with anything, and I'll have over 150 useless 3D discs on my media shelf. Not to mention I show 3D movies to small crowds of people at many of my Monthly Movie Nights, so I've also invested in 10 pairs of active shutter glasses at around $70 a piece. My projector uses the older IR glasses, and all the newer projectors use RF glasses, so when my projector goes, so do my glasses.  I suppose the smart thing to do would be to buy another 3D projector and a spare bulb or two and just store it all away in a closet until my Epson dies... if only I had the funds to do that. 

Buy one less Aniplex release this year and you'll have more than enough.
Ha! I actually haven't bought a single Aniplex title in 2017 yet - but that's only because I've already imported over 20 Japanese anime releases this year instead, which are as much or even more costly than Aniplex releases. I do have about 8-10 Aniplex titles I need to purchase to get caught up, but I probably will only get a few of those in the coming months, as I have 10 more JP imports to get before the end of the year... 8-[

Looks like next week's 3D release of King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is from Warner Archive instead of the main Warner Bros like the other versions, so I'm guessing it won't be available in stores/it won't fall to less than $35 anytime soon. I may just hold off and see what the UK gets--there's no date for their release but the pre-order on Amazon UK is currently at least $10 cheaper than the US release.

Is there a different Blu Ray 3D release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming?  The only one I saw is the $35 Steelbook version at Best Buy, but I don't need the 4K disc and was hoping to spend $25 at most.

Is there a different Blu Ray 3D release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming? The only one I saw is the $35 Steelbook version at Best Buy, but I don't need the 4K disc and was hoping to spend $25 at most.
Nope, it's only a Best Buy exclusive that comes with the 4K and steelbook. Better pre-order it if I were you.

Looks like next week's 3D release of King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is from Warner Archive instead of the main Warner Bros like the other versions, so I'm guessing it won't be available in stores/it won't fall to less than $35 anytime soon. I may just hold off and see what the UK gets--there's no date for their release but the pre-order on Amazon UK is currently at least $10 cheaper than the US release.
You can buy it from Bullmoose right now for $29.97 which is a bit steep, but the best deal for it at launch. Doesn't even look like it comes with a slipcover.

Starting at 4p ET today, Screen Archives will have the following Twilight Time titles for $19.95 each:

THE MAD MAGICIAN 3D
MISS SADIE THOMPSON 3D
MAN IN THE DARK 3D

You can buy it from Bullmoose right now for $29.97 which is a bit steep, but the best deal for it at launch. Doesn't even look like it comes with a slipcover.
Someone on br.com mentioned there being a 4k - 3d import for around $40, looks like it's from South Korea.

Nope, it's only a Best Buy exclusive that comes with the 4K and steelbook. Better pre-order it if I were you.
Too late for preorders! Not available for shipping, and not available within 250 miles for store pickup, MCU steelbooks are never reprinted, so once they're gone (and it looks like they already are), they're gone for good. Going to try my luck release day, but likely will be cages full of them, with an employee telling me they are all reserved for preorderers. Looks like there will be a space in my MCU collection where this should have gone.

Too late for preorders! Not available for shipping, and not available within 250 miles for store pickup, MCU steelbooks are never reprinted, so once they're gone (and it looks like they already are), they're gone for good. Going to try my luck release day, but likely will be cages full of them, with an employee telling me they are all reserved for preorderers. Looks like there will be a space in my MCU collection where this should have gone.
With the King Kong exclusive 4K/3D steelbook combo I was seeing the same thing, but I was finally able to order for store pickup on the Monday before or day of release.

With the King Kong exclusive 4K/3D steelbook combo I was seeing the same thing, but I was finally able to order for store pickup on the Monday before or day of release.
That was King Kong. This is an MCU, which are notoriously low in number, or have a lot of demand. The first Guardians and Thor the Dark World sold out within minutes of the store opening, and those were identical to the regular versions in terms of content. This is the only way to get the 3-D version.

That was King Kong. This is an MCU, which are notoriously low in number, or have a lot of demand. The first Guardians and Thor the Dark World sold out within minutes of the store opening, and those were identical to the regular versions in terms of content. This is the only way to get the 3-D version.
I would say check first thing on Tuesday morning to order online for store pickup and/or go right when the store opens--it's in the Weekly Ad, so it's likely they have some that will be for sale on release day.

I selected Store Pickup--today mine changed to say "Status: Ready for Pickup on Tue, Aug 22"--yesterday still said preordered.
Hmm, I didn't have that option when I ordered it. I guess I'll wait and see, though I don't think I'll get it tomorrow if it doesn't ship soon.

I guess I'm late to the party here- the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Blu-ray comes out tomorrow, but the only place selling a 3D version is the Best Buy steelbook that sold out weeks ago?  And every version of it is "currently unavailable" on Amazon. 

What's going on with this release?  What have I missed?

bread's done
Back