3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Also on Frys there are the following 3D's for 14.99

Lion of Judah
Legend of the Guardians
Imax Under the Sea
Imax Space Station
Imax Hubble
Imax Deep Sea
Imax Born to Be Wild
Harry Potter 7.2
Happy Feet 2
Yogi Bear
Wrath of the Titans
The Polar Express
http://www.frys.com/search?to=24&site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG&cat=/Outpost/Movies_Music/&sort=price%20asc&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&from=0&query_string=3d&search_type=regular&rows=25&sqxts=1&resultpage=1&start=25&rows=25

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='calister23']Also on Frys there are the following 3D's for 14.99

Lion of Judah
Legend of the Guardians
Imax Under the Sea
Imax Space Station
Imax Hubble
Imax Deep Sea
Imax Born to Be Wild
Harry Potter 7.2
Happy Feet 2
Yogi Bear
Wrath of the Titans
A Very Harold and Kuma Christmas
The Polar Express
http://www.frys.com/search?to=24&site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG&cat=/Outpost/Movies_Music/&sort=price%20asc&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&from=0&query_string=3d&search_type=regular&rows=25&sqxts=1&resultpage=1&start=25&rows=25[/QUOTE]

Harold and Kumar isn't on sale for $15... the *score* is $15.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Harold and Kumar isn't on sale for $15... the *score* is $15.[/QUOTE]

oh sorry overlooked that as I already own it so didn't look too closely, fixed my post thanks!

[quote name='pablo escobar']the 3d movie is also 14.99

http://www.frys.com/search?plusearc...90193 7289643 7290543 7290353 7290383 7290853[/QUOTE]

Interesting... what kind of experiences have people living in Fry's-free areas had with getting Fry's items sent to them? That's a title I might consider buying for that price... it's just a good bit of dumb In, tbh.

I didn't pick up most of last year's BB $13 3d Blu-ray discs, either... so maybe Polar Express and LotG will get ordered, too! (I'd only buy Yogi for the 3D Looney Tunes cartoon...)

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Interesting... what kind of experiences have people living in Fry's-free areas had with getting Fry's items sent to them? That's a title I might consider buying for that price... it's just a good bit of dumb In, tbh.

I didn't pick up most of last year's BB $13 3d Blu-ray discs, either... so maybe Polar Express and LotG will get ordered, too! (I'd only buy Yogi for the 3D Looney Tunes cartoon...)[/QUOTE]

I had ordered I, Robot 3D from them and had no issues with getting it from them and it was packed in a bubble envelope from what I recall.

I don't have a Frys around me but Best Buy price matched everything I got today just by showing them the price on my phone. Some people have issues getting a price match if one isn't in their area but that could have been pre-holiday season as well. So you could try that too, but I think tomorrow is the last day to pm until after black friday/cyber monday is over.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Amazon currently has the 3d versions of The Lorax, Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and Prometheus, for $14.99 each.[/QUOTE]
They price match Best Buy, They have about 30 titles for 15 dollars.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I've been searching for really good/cheap DLP Link glasses ever since the 3D adapter came out for my 65" Mitsubishi DLP. I've been through a lot of glasses on ebay. Up to this point my overall favorite were TrueDepth 3D, comfortable fit, decent image, rechargeable, but there was always slight ghosting at the opposing edges of the screen. Ghosting of the far left side of the screen in the right eye, and vice versa. It wasn't too much of a distraction because I was focused in the center of the screen while gaming but at $60 for a single pair I wasn't even considering buying more, although I always had that nagging "what if something happens to them" in the back of my mind.

Recently I posted a deal on XpanD X102s, which I myself purchased. 4 pairs of glasses for less than one pair of TrueDepths and I've always heard such great things about XpanDs. Wow, was I surprised. Those glasses sucked ... bad! They cast this dark blueish hue, had extreme ghosting, arrived with dead batteries inside, and lost sync during under certain conditions, I'll get to that later. I was able to get replacement glasses and batteries from XpanD for the syncing and battery issues but the color cast and extreme ghosting was stil very much prevalent in the newer revision replacements. So now I have 8 pairs of glasses that still suck. :lol:

Previous to getting the XpanDs I had experienced the syncing issues, shifting colors with the eventual loss of sync, with other glasses while playing Uncharted 3, specifically the beginning of Chapter 18 - The Rub' al Khali. So in turn this has become my test for any new glasses I buy, the TrueDepth 3D and an older pair of no name box-framed glasses I have get through this without issue.

So after being disappointed with both revisions of the XpanDs and being back to only having one really good pair of DLP Link glasses, I went back to ebay to see if there were any new glasses that looked decent enough to try. I had bought some SainSonics previously and really liked how they looked and fit but they had the same syncing issues. So I found some cheap SainSonics, a different model, for $20(+$3 S&H) but I really didn't want to deal with the hassle if they didn't work out right and then I saw these ...

$(KGrHqZ,!i4FBYzSew)HBQd+54WMFw~~60_3.JPG

... at $24 I had to buy them! :bouncy:

So I got them last night and have hardly put them through their paces, only about a half hour of Skyrim really late last night and the Uncharted test a few times first thing this morning. They fit and feel great, very light-weight, and comfortable on the nose, more like passive glasses than active glasses. They do feel a little cheap but from what I've seen so far optically they are far superior to my TrueDepths, I didn't see any ghosting on my setup whatsoever. I had to turn my head almost to the point where my eye wasn't even looking through the lens anymore. The only issue I had so far was with polarity and that was during the Uncharted test, when the screen washes out and fades back in they seem to lose sync very quickly and sometimes this swap eyes on you, easily remedied by tapping the power button to swap polarity. Aside from that they worked flawlessly during the test, no shifting colors or loss of sync. I'll definitely have to test them out more extensively to see if other things trigger the eye swapping, which would really suck for people that aren't used to 3D and can't tell it's reversed because it can cause quite an eyestrain.

I've been meaning to post something about the extra XpanDs I have, I have 4 pairs of X102SUEs. If anyone is using them, you are pleased with them and would like another pair or two let me know. We can work something out, I don't want anything for them and might even cover the shipping if it's cheap enough. It'll just be glasses though as the batteries were dead on arrival and I'm not sure if I'm using other glasses yet.[/QUOTE]

Wanted to follow up with some feedback on these glasses now that I have been using them for a few days.

They are fantastic. By far, the sharpest DLP link glasses I own. I will have to recalibrate my brightness and contrast a hair, but these are way superior to the Xpands and Ultraclears I have been using over the past year. They are also very comfortable and fit right over my normal glasses without issue.

Off to order another pair.

anyone see silent hill in 3D how was it i was going to see it today but it's out of the regal :whistle2:(

do you think we will see any anime 3D blu-ray (real anime not cartoon)movies out soon

[quote name='starmask2k3']hows the 3D boob part that's all i care about :lol:[/QUOTE]

Worth the price for the circa 1997 Kate Winslet breasts. I didn't notice much 3D effect on the boobs themselves. Only on the background and foreground of the shot. They do look very good in general thanks to the remastered picture quality. It definitely looks a lot better than the VHS copy I wore out when I was 9 years old.

Amazon.uk will have the Universal Monsters set on sale tomorrow. Not sure of the price. Has CREATURE in 3D though. I'm hoping for a deal on the movie only

[quote name='doubledown']Amazon.uk will have the Universal Monsters set on sale tomorrow. Not sure of the price. Has CREATURE in 3D though. I'm hoping for a deal on the movie only[/QUOTE]

I wonder how low it will go. I checked earlier today when they were running the Hitchcock sale and it was like 53 bucks (mentioning because I know how much amazon prices change).

[quote name='doubledown']Amazon.uk will have the Universal Monsters set on sale tomorrow. Not sure of the price. Has CREATURE in 3D though. I'm hoping for a deal on the movie only[/QUOTE]

Thanks--was like $36 + shipping. I wish they computed the lightning deals the same way they do the regular items--you miss out on the VAT removal with the way they compute these lightning deals--they apply an adjusted discount to get it down to the lightning deal price after the VAT is already removed, so the lightning deal price is what you pay.

I figured for about twice the price of just the 3D movie you get 7 more, so why not.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Thanks. Got one for $8.60 shipped[/QUOTE]

How did you get it for $8.60 shipped? The only options here were for above $7.

[quote name='psunami']How did you get it for $8.60 shipped? The only options here were for above $7.[/QUOTE]

I saw the cheap option too--economy residential only--are you trying to ship to commercial address?

That was weird, had a really old address on my account and caused the expensive shipping option. Thanks for the info all. Got it for $8.55.

[quote name='KyleN']Thanks--was like $36 + shipping. I wish they computed the lightning deals the same way they do the regular items--you miss out on the VAT removal with the way they compute these lightning deals--they apply an adjusted discount to get it down to the lightning deal price after the VAT is already removed, so the lightning deal price is what you pay.

I figured for about twice the price of just the 3D movie you get 7 more, so why not.[/QUOTE]

Totally missed out on my own deal...ugh....whoops. OH well. I really just want creature. Never drops on Amazon UK though

I watched Prometheus last night. It wasn't bad, I just didn't think it was anything special. Neither the 3D nor the movie itself was anything that'd make me watch it over again.

[quote name='pjb16']I may have to order a pair to try out based off your guys reviews. Sick of my Xpands awful battery life.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried modding the battery? Basically you cut it in half and fill it with a cr2032. I use a modded soldering iron with an X-acto and a small utility knife to do the job. I save the o-ring just to hold everything together but it's a little too snug to use in the glasses with it.

Prometheus = In the future, Everyone will be a hipster scientist. And all those hipster scientists will be crazy ass dumb.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I watched Prometheus last night. It wasn't bad, I just didn't think it was anything special. Neither the 3D nor the movie itself was anything that'd make me watch it over again.

Have you tried modding the battery? Basically you cut it in half and fill it with a cr2032. I use a modded soldering iron with an X-acto and a small utility knife to do the job. I save the o-ring just to hold everything together but it's a little too snug to use in the glasses with it.[/QUOTE]

Madagascar 3 is still on sale for $19.99 from Amazon and Best Buy. This is one of the best 3D movies out there in terms of popout and cool effects. Highly recommended from that standpoint.

I already bit on Titanic for $14.99, A Christmas Carol and Puss in Boots for $19.99 and I bought Spider-Man to return to Target... ;)

I'm very tempted to bite on Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, Madagascar 3 and Pirates: A Band of Misfits... and the Amazon Store Card financing is making it even more tempting to get soooo much more stuff! :(

[quote name='supergrass']Madagascar 3 is still on sale for $19.99 from Amazon and Best Buy. This is one of the best 3D movies out there in terms of popout and cool effects. Highly recommended from that standpoint.[/QUOTE]

And it comes with a free $8 movie cash to see Rise Of The Guardians in theaters.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']And it comes with a free $8 movie cash to see Rise Of The Guardians in theaters.[/QUOTE]

The big question is, however, I just picked up the regular Blu Combo pack for $8 yesterday, but is the 3D worth the extra $12? I'm on the fence about returning the regular copy and picking up the 3D version.

Anybody else have a bunch of stuff from Amazon just sitting in "not yet shipped" state? I ordered 4 or so 3D blu last Sunday that still haven't shipped. Titanic briefly switched to "shipping soon" but is back in "not yet shipped" again.

[quote name='xhonzi']Anybody else have a bunch of stuff from Amazon just sitting in "not yet shipped" state? I ordered 4 or so 3D blu last Sunday that still haven't shipped. Titanic briefly switched to "shipping soon" but is back in "not yet shipped" again.[/QUOTE]
All my 3d Blus that I ordered on Sunday came on Tuesday but I do have prime.

waiting for "Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D" markdown .$20.49 are too much -best buy close to me was out of stock as they sold it for 14.99 -asked amazon to price match it last wk they did`t

Cyber Monday offered nothin yet -same prices that are already holding up for last 1 week

[quote name='pythoncancer']waiting for "Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D" markdown .$20.49 are too much -best buy close to me was out of stock as they sold it for 14.99 -asked amazon to price match it last wk they did`t

Cyber Monday offered nothin yet -same prices that are already holding up for last 1 week[/QUOTE]

If you have a BJs Wholesale Club near you/membership, I believe this was one of the many titles they had for $15.99--they had most of those $14.99 WB 3D titles for this price. (Green Lantern, Polar Express, Clash/Wrath, etc.)

Deep Discount has Wreck It Wraph pre-order for $19.99 today only, but looks like you now need to spend $25 for free shipping.

I just bought a 55" Panasonic on Black Friday and have been spending quite a bit on 3D blurays. Any suggestions on some must haves?? I'm also catering to my girlfriend's little girl so feel free to list animated movies also (plus who doesn't like a good Disney movie??).

[quote name='merobb']I just bought a 55" Panasonic on Black Friday and have been spending quite a bit on 3D blurays. Any suggestions on some must haves?? I'm also catering to my girlfriend's little girl so feel free to list animated movies also (plus who doesn't like a good Disney movie??).[/QUOTE]

I feel that Kung Fu Panda 2, Monster House, and Hugo had the best 3D I've seen. IMAX Under The Sea was very good, also.

Avatar was good but not as great as I had expected based on what people say. I was more impressed with the 3D in The Avengers than Avatar.

Unless the girl really likes Rio, I'd recommend avoiding that one. It's 3d was quite underwhelming to me.

I was pleasantly surprised with the 3D in Ice Age Continental Drift.

I've been picking up movies like crazy, but finding time to watch them with the kids has been the biggest challenge of late...

[quote name='merobb']I just bought a 55" Panasonic on Black Friday and have been spending quite a bit on 3D blurays. Any suggestions on some must haves?? I'm also catering to my girlfriend's little girl so feel free to list animated movies also (plus who doesn't like a good Disney movie??).[/QUOTE]
Titanic, Prometheus, Avengers, Final Destination 4 & 5, Underworld 4, Drive Angry, Three Musketeers, Journey to the Center of the Earth 1 & 2, Hugo, Alice in Wonderland, Resident evil 4, My bloody Valentine and Avatar are my pics for great 3d.

bread's done
Back