3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hollowfreak']I ordered Deathly Hallows pt. 1 & 2 from Fry's and they both show up with Best Buy exclusive stickers on them ...[/QUOTE]

lol... I was there today and picked up FD 5 and noticed that in the check out line. A few other movies that were not posted were Yogi Bear and Undersea 3D or something or other.

Not 3D related but I picked up Superman Anthology for $39.99

So disappointing--I wish they had done this one first--my favorite as well! I really hope they just finish and go direct to 3D BD. Though I saw a release announcement for the BD today and there was no mention of 3D. I couldn't care less about a theatrical re-release--I'd rather spend my money to own the 3D-BD anyway!

[quote name='KillerRamen']It looks like Disney has cancelled the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D. http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...id-3d-pirates-5-2015-20130114,0,6139988.story

I know they started the conversion, but I don't know if this also means that they're not going to let them finish it and release it on 3D Blu. I hope they release it anyway since it's my favorite Disney movie. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I saw on the bluray review for monsters inc 3d that there is a trailer for little mermaid 3d. I don't care about the theatrical release either, but I do like how disneymovierewards gives out free tickets for the re-releases. My movie theater lets me use them on any movie I want to see.

I'm a 24 year old heterosexual male and I'm really looking forward to the Little Mermaid bluray release. Is that weird? It was a big part of my childhood.

Hopefully the bluray is still 3D, but I'll buy it either way.

Kind of off topic, but when I was a little kid my mom met Jodi Benson (the voice of Ariel). She sent us an autographed headshot. We still have it. It's a pretty cool piece of Disney memorabilia.

[quote name='KillerRamen']It looks like Disney has cancelled the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D. http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...id-3d-pirates-5-2015-20130114,0,6139988.story

I know they started the conversion, but I don't know if this also means that they're not going to let them finish it and release it on 3D Blu. I hope they release it anyway since it's my favorite Disney movie. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yep they canceled it as well as the rest of the starwars conversions since the boxoffice has been disappointing.

i think its because there not making money with theatrical releases because its a lot cheaper to format a blu-ray or DvD of a movie in then a theatrical release in 3D

I know they started the conversion, but I don't know if this also means that they're not going to let them finish it and release it on 3D Blu. I hope they release it anyway since it's my favorite Disney movie. :cry:[/QUOTE]Hopefully they will finish off the conversion and release it, since I think it'll bring them some good money as a 3D title.

Even if they don't do it as a theatrical release, it should still finish out as a disc release because this won't be a double-dip for anyone and people will spend the extra money on the 3D pack.

Honestly I can deal without the theatrical release of the older conversions of Disney animated movies but I still do want them in 3D, straight to 3D Blu Ray works for me. The Ms. loves them, I actually like that cardboard cut out effect in them too. I'd be all over a 3D conversion of the original Alice in Wonderland ... Who ... are ... yoO0o.?

We just watched Hotel Transylvania last night, I liked it, overall and for the 3D. It's great, now the Ms. is texting me asking if we have movies in 3D or if I can get them cheaper. :D

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yikes, 35 beans for Pi. Is it worth that (I confess I haven't seen it)?

I generally like Ang Lee's work without CGI better than with.[/QUOTE]

It's worth it, and will probably be $5 to $10 cheaper by release day.

[quote name='Josef']It's worth it, and will probably be $5 to $10 cheaper by release day.[/QUOTE]Question is, what's this exclusive going to be?

Can't be a steelbook with all the Viva foolishness that happened of recent, so I guess it'll be lenticular cover or exclusive disc?

[quote name='shrike4242']Question is, what's this exclusive going to be?

Can't be a steelbook with all the Viva foolishness that happened of recent, so I guess it'll be lenticular cover or exclusive disc?[/QUOTE]
Exclusive means it's the only retailer to carry it.

[quote name='anderson4145']Exclusive means it's the only retailer to carry it.[/QUOTE]

We all know what the word exclusive means. However, Best Buy isn't the only retailer that will carry the Life of Pi 3D Blu-ray. That means Best Buy's exclusive will likely take one of the forms aforementioned by Shrike.

[quote name='rapsodist']We all know what the word exclusive means. However, Best Buy isn't the only retailer that will carry the Life of Pi 3D Blu-ray. That means Best Buy's exclusive will likely take one of the forms aforementioned by Shrike.[/QUOTE]Normally, it's been a steelbook/metalbook/ironpack, though they've done past exclusives like the lenticular cover (Frankenweenie), different slipcover (Captain America, Thor), or exclusive additional disc/item.

Guess we'll have to wait until the ad leaks or someone elsewhere posts what it is before release.

[quote name='anderson4145']I noticed yesterday that Netflix now has 3d content. I haven't tried it yet and there wasn't any "big" movies but it's a nice addition.[/QUOTE]

It was there for me about 2 months ago and then disappeared. When I played one of them, it wasn't 3D. Maybe it's different now...

[quote name='trabanus']awesome! just got the 3d LG 42" lm6200 this past weekend and looking for some decent 3d movies on the cheap. got a 10 year old daughter and she is going to love this. order placed thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

If you are looking for a cheap kids movie in 3D Spy Kids 4 is still $10 at Target. It has been that price for a while.

[quote name='shrike4242']Question is, what's this exclusive going to be?

Can't be a steelbook with all the Viva foolishness that happened of recent, so I guess it'll be lenticular cover or exclusive disc?[/QUOTE]

What do steelbooks have to do with Viva? two totally different companies.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Just saw over on Bens Bargains that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D is $9 ($5+4$SH) on TigerDirect.

www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7026104&SRCCODE[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI that I ordered this same deal in November and the disc that came was labeled "Not for sale or rental" where the UPC barcode would normally be. I contacted Tiger Direct about it and they said it was out of stock (obviously not the case since they are still selling it) and gave me a full refund. From what I can tell it is the regular 3D Blu Ray, but since it was a gift having it labeled as a promotional copy was a problem.

I saw Dredd at BlockBuster was marked '2D and 3D on one disc!" which is how the retail release is... but the BBV cover was slightly different- like it was the Rental Exclusive packaging.

The lady at the store didn't think it was really in 3D- that they would have removed the 3D disc... when I countered that there wasn't a separate disc, then she thought it was still somehow disabled.

I guess we should have just cracked open a case and checked if it was double sided.

Or I could have dropped $3 to satisfy my curiousity.

Anyone know?

[quote name='xhonzi']I saw Dredd at BlockBuster was marked '2D and 3D on one disc!" which is how the retail release is... but the BBV cover was slightly different- like it was the Rental Exclusive packaging.

The lady at the store didn't think it was really in 3D- that they would have removed the 3D disc... when I countered that there wasn't a separate disc, then she thought it was still somehow disabled.

I guess we should have just cracked open a case and checked if it was double sided.

Or I could have dropped $3 to satisfy my curiousity.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I have it, but honestly haven't put it in yet. However, it isn't double sided unless they have a special version. The disc has art on it, so it can't be double sided. Most 2D/3D-on-one-disc movies just have you select 2D or 3D once you hit "Play."

Rented Dredd from my local Family Video. Like Conan, both 3D and 2D are in the same disk. I'm patiently waiting for Fam Vid to start selling it at $10.

Jurassic Park 3D (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) will be released on April 23, 2013. the pre-order price hold is 44.99

Gamer 3D [3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + UltraViolet] will be released on May 7, 2013. the pre-order price hold is 13.99

[quote name='seether254']What do steelbooks have to do with Viva? two totally different companies.[/QUOTE]Viva was Best Buy's previous supplier of metal cases, so I guess they've changed over to Steelbooks since Viva's no longer allowed to sell cases.

[quote name='shrike4242']Viva was Best Buy's previous supplier of metal cases, so I guess they've changed over to Steelbooks since Viva's no longer allowed to sell cases.[/QUOTE]

Viva was Disney's supplier. BB has had Steelbooks before.

[quote name='pablo escobar']$45 for Jurassic Park? I'm looking forward to this one but no way am I paying that much[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that this is the 3D edition of JP1 and the 2D versions of JP2 & JP3 as well. $45 for a three movie set including on 3D version is not terribly high though I would like to find it a little lower.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Jurassic Park 3D (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) will be released on April 23, 2013. the pre-order price hold is 44.99

Gamer 3D [3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + UltraViolet] will be released on May 7, 2013. the pre-order price hold is 13.99[/QUOTE]

Gamer in 3D?!?! Odd choice, but if that is the MSRP, I will pick up at Best Buy the next time they have a $5 Upgrade and Save deal.

[quote name='pablo escobar']$45 for Jurassic Park? I'm looking forward to this one but no way am I paying that much[/QUOTE]

From the traileri saw in theaters a few weeks ago, I'd say the 3D conversion is not worth it. I really wanted to like it too.

I was not impressed by the 3D Jurassic Park trailer I saw a few weeks ago in the theater either. I understand it's not going to be as great as it would be if it had been filmed in 3D, but for a blockbuster title, i expected a little more effort and depth put into it. Doen't give me much hope for the sleeper hits like Gamer and Crank. I'm really hoping the 3D Crank blu turns out well, looking forward to that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Crank is coming out in 3D!?

Oh man if they do a good conversion that'll be so cool!!!![/QUOTE]

AFAIK there isn't a conversion planned. I've only heard about the possibility of 'Crank 3D'... in the same way there were 'Jaws 3D', 'Amityville 3D' and 'Friday the 13th 3D'.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Crank is coming out in 3D!?

Oh man if they do a good conversion that'll be so cool!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='larrythefatcat']AFAIK there isn't a conversion planned. I've only heard about the possibility of 'Crank 3D'... in the same way there were 'Jaws 3D', 'Amityville 3D' and 'Friday the 13th 3D'.[/QUOTE]

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/011113_1600/Page-2

Down at the bottom of the page under the last embedded video:

"While we’re talking 3D, Lionsgate has just announced (at CES) a new partnership with Samsung to begin converting some of the studio’s popular theatrical titles to 3D for distribution on disc and streaming. Initial titles include Gamer, Crank, Descent and Bangkok Dangerous."

[quote name='Kain']http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/011113_1600/Page-2

"While we’re talking 3D, Lionsgate has just announced (at CES) a new partnership with Samsung to begin converting some of the studio’s popular theatrical titles to 3D for distribution on disc and streaming. Initial titles include Gamer, Crank, Descent and Bangkok Dangerous."[/QUOTE]

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

[quote name='skiizim']I'm glad I never repurchased Crank, going to definitely get it in 3D, I wonder if Descent would be even creepier in 3D.[/QUOTE]

My first thought was, "How are we even going to be able to see anything?" since most of the movie takes place in a cave, and the glasses will just make things even darker.

[quote name='Kain']http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/011113_1600/Page-2

"While we’re talking 3D, Lionsgate has just announced (at CES) a new partnership with Samsung to begin converting some of the studio’s popular theatrical titles to 3D for distribution on disc and streaming. Initial titles include Gamer, Crank, Descent and Bangkok Dangerous."[/QUOTE]

Interesting! None of those titles appeal to me, but I'd be curious to check them out in 3D... I mean, I'd probably only borrow them to see if the conversions were any good, but I'll most likely see them at some point.

I'm much more interested in the glasses-free displays... too bad I don't have anywhere close to $10K to blow on a TV! :(

[quote name='Kain']My first thought was, "How are we even going to be able to see anything?" since most of the movie takes place in a cave, and the glasses will just make things even darker.[/QUOTE]

Most tvs keep a separate set of picture settings for 3d that you can adjust while watching something in 3d. Just bump up the contrast and brightness up a bit from your calibrated movie mode settings for 3d to adjust for the glasses making things darker.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']I'm glad I never repurchased Crank, going to definitely get it in 3D, I wonder if Descent would be even creepier in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping they skip Crank 2 in 3D. Loved the movie, but I'd rather not see the horsetrack scene in 3D. :whistle2:#

[quote name='dmaul1114']Most tvs keep a separate set of picture settings for 3d that you can adjust while watching something in 3d. Just bumptious the contrast and brightness up a bit from your calibrated movie mode settings for 3d to adjust for the glasses making things darker.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I don't think they considered that feature in my screen, I have the brightness/contrast turned up practically all the way as is. But then, I'm not using a television, I'm using a ViewSonic V3D245 3D monitor. I just know that while attempting to watch Fright Night 3D, it was mostly a dark, black mess.

YMMV but I picked up Dredd for $7.95 at my local Family Video despite the sticker on it saying $9.95. It contains both the 2D and 3D versions on the one disc.

bread's done
Back