3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rockstarnati']Anybody seen and have an opinion on this? Worth a purchase?[/QUOTE]

Curious as well, from the title it sounds like a real life Dead Island but from the cover and the reviews it just sounds like the wildlife and island itself and not the cannibals.

[quote name='Kain']Hmmm... I don't think they considered that feature in my screen, I have the brightness/contrast turned up practically all the way as is. But then, I'm not using a television, I'm using a ViewSonic V3D245 3D monitor. I just know that while attempting to watch Fright Night 3D, it was mostly a dark, black mess.[/QUOTE]

Ah, makes sense. Monitors don't tend to have the array of picture options that TVs do in terms of allowing for multiple settings etc.

I'm on a Panasonic 55" TC-L55ET5 3D LED set currently.

[quote name='nbballard']Saw Top Gun 3D at Costco yesterday for $25. Is the conversion any good?[/QUOTE]

This isn't an amazing deal, by any means. The regular price at Target is $25.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']sadly no.[/QUOTE]

Really? Have you actually seen it?

I feel that it is possibly the best after-the-fact 3D conversion yet. The amount of work that went into it is very obvious and things like vapor trails from jets look amazingly realistic and accurate!

Even though I'm not a fan of this film at all, I'd actually consider watching it again... I would imagine that anyone who actually likes this movie and enjoys 3D films would LOVE it!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes I've seen it at IMAX 3D[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to what your issues with the conversion happen to be. 'Top Gun' seemed to me to almost look like it was filmed in 3D for the majority of the running time.

The only thing I noticed was that the grain was quite strong with this one, but it looked natural, so I dismissed it immediately. I guess IMAX must've blown that up quite a bit, so I could see where that might become an issue; it looks more than fine in HD!

[quote name='larrythefatcat']

Really? Have you actually seen it?

I feel that it is possibly the best after-the-fact 3D conversion yet. The amount of work that went into it is very obvious and things like vapor trails from jets look amazingly realistic and accurate!

Even though I'm not a fan of this film at all, I'd actually consider watching it again... I would imagine that anyone who actually likes this movie and enjoys 3D films would LOVE it![/QUOTE]

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/t...3d-engaging-the-imax-and-blu-ray-danger-zones

Apparently the IMAX version sucks and the Blu-Ray is awesome.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']This isn't an amazing deal, by any means. The regular price at Target is $25.
[/QUOTE]

And it was $20 at Best Buy last week, up to $25 now. I hesitated too long...

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I'm curious as to what your issues with the conversion happen to be. 'Top Gun' seemed to me to almost look like it was filmed in 3D for the majority of the running time.

The only thing I noticed was that the grain was quite strong with this one, but it looked natural, so I dismissed it immediately. I guess IMAX must've blown that up quite a bit, so I could see where that might become an issue; it looks more than fine in HD![/QUOTE]

The opening was rough, but that was because of the film grain. The other scene that looked off to me was when they focus on the open hatch of the plane (I believe its when Mav gets out of the plane for the first time after Goose dies).

Aside from that I thought the conversion was good. Then again, I thought the Jurassic Park trailer looked good as well and everyone seems to be shitting on that.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The opening was rough, but that was because of the film grain. The other scene that looked off to me was when they focus on the open hatch of the plane (I believe its when Mav gets out of the plane for the first time after Goose dies).

Aside from that I thought the conversion was good. Then again, I thought the Jurassic Park trailer looked good as well and everyone seems to be shitting on that.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I noticed the grain pretty much throughout the entire movie (when watching in 3d)

While not officially announced, it was said on the Arnold Fan Page that Predator 3D will be released later this year... Man - I couldn't be happier. I LOVE Predator! I wonder how many more back-catalog releases like this we can expect?

[quote name='movie_mike']While not officially announced, it was said on the Arnold Fan Page that Predator 3D will be released later this year... Man - I couldn't be happier. I LOVE Predator! I wonder how many more back-catalog releases like this we can expect?[/QUOTE]
you and me both. This is great news, now if only running man could get converted. We can only dream...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Clowns from outer space FTW! haha i so buy that.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they are working on a sequel that is supposed to be in 3D. Although, a google search shows it was slated for 2012.

Consider this YMMV. But last night I picked up Rise of the Guardians on Bluray 3D at Wal-Mart and I was surprised when I was able to purchase it for $19.96. I know they have the Bluray advertised for that price, but the 3D version came up that way as well. Just thought I'd pass it along!

[quote name='merobb']Consider this YMMV. But last night I picked up Rise of the Guardians on Bluray 3D at Wal-Mart and I was surprised when I was able to purchase it for $19.96. I know they have the Bluray advertised for that price, but the 3D version came up that way as well. Just thought I'd pass it along![/QUOTE]

Oh? Walmart might be honoring the ad image error. Now to decide if I want ROG w/crood tix for $20 or likely BBY for $15 (sale-$5u/s) upcoming quarter.

So it's getting close to time to replace my old 50" LCD TV. I'm going to go with a 3D TV this time, somewhere in the 50-60" range.

As you guys all have 3D TVs and blu-rays, I thought I'd ask for opinions on what TVs you think have the best 3D effect out there. I've demoed the models at Best Buy, and the 3D quality seems to vary a lot between models.

[quote name='Rictor']So it's getting close to time to replace my old 50" LCD TV. I'm going to go with a 3D TV this time, somewhere in the 50-60" range.

As you guys all have 3D TVs and blu-rays, I thought I'd ask for opinions on what TVs you think have the best 3D effect out there. I've demoed the models at Best Buy, and the 3D quality seems to vary a lot between models.[/QUOTE]
What's your price range?

[quote name='psunami']Hmmm... Rise of the Guardians for $19.96? I know my daughters would love that. I'll have to take a look tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This was still $19.96 at Walmart as of yesterday (Thursday 3/21).

[quote name='anderson4145']What's your price range?[/QUOTE]

There's also things to keep in mind if say you wanted to play PC games in 3D on it, only certain TVs will work with NVIDIA 3D Vision for instance.

[quote name='hollowfreak']There's also things to keep in mind if say you wanted to play PC games in 3D on it, only certain TVs will work with NVIDIA 3D Vision for instance.[/QUOTE]
Considering he's looking for something in the 50-60" range I doubt the tv will be used for pc gaming.

[quote name='anderson4145']Considering he's looking for something in the 50-60" range I doubt the tv will be used for pc gaming.[/QUOTE]

Why? Isn't that big enough for PC gaming?

If people want TVs that size for console gaming, I don't see why they wouldn't want the same size for PC gaming...

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Why? Isn't that big enough for PC gaming?

If people want TVs that size for console gaming, I don't see why they wouldn't want the same size for PC gaming...[/QUOTE]I do PC gaming on my 55" TV, and as Steam now has Big Picture Mode, obviously there's lots of people that do that very same thing.

[quote name='shrike4242']I do PC gaming on my 55" TV, and as Steam now has Big Picture Mode, obviously there's lots of people that do that very same thing.[/QUOTE]
I didn't think there were many, I always preferred smaller tvs for gaming and the larger ones for movies.

[quote name='fnl 4eva']clowns from outer space ftw! Haha i so buy that.[/quote]

killer

price for Jurassic Park 3D (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) went down to $42.48

[quote name='anderson4145']Considering he's looking for something in the 50-60" range I doubt the tv will be used for pc gaming.[/QUOTE]

... been PC gaming on my 65" DLP in 3D for the past year and loving it. :lol:

I found the Avengers 3D Bluray Gift pack with the character guide and soundtrack for 20 bucks today at BB. I was stoked considering I've wanted to pick the movie up but with all the extras I got, it's like Christmas in March. It also came with a 30 dollar GC to sideshow collectibles.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Only online or instores too?[/QUOTE]

That is online. In-store is Spend $50 get $10, Spend $100 get $25 gift card

bread's done
Back