3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm my own rumor, if that;'s worth anything. I picked up the 5 Disc version for $19.99 the day after I posted that. I had a groupon 20% off, but it didn't take since it was already on sale.

I'd guess the deal is over by now, but it did show $35 on the website whilst it was onsale at the store.
Thanks again. There was no tag on the shelf and they said it was 35. I asked to have it scanned and sure enough it was 20. Comes with admission to see monsters university too.

Found this posted on the blu-ray.com forum $6.99 for Gnomeo & Juliet 3D

(I've never heard of this online store--looks to be a NY/NJ chain):

Found this deal on P.C. Richard and Son

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/cat...d=774212001406

It's not the lenticular slip shown on their website
Model No. 774212001406

I ordered mine late last night and received a UPS tracking this afternoon

Thanks. I'll blind buy dredd for 7.99. Is Texas chainsaw worth a blind buy at 9.99? I heard it is a very very terrible film.

I enjoyed all the other Texas chainsaw films though: the original, the remakes, even the next generation was so bad that it was good.

Dredd is terrific.  Absolutely worth a blind buy at that price.  3D effects are well done and the story feels like it is straight out of one of the Dredd comics.  

Just a heads up I picked up Gamer 3d at bestbuy and it had Boss season 2 disc 2 in it. I went back and we opened up all the other copies and they were all the same. If you're thinking about buying it, I'd suggest opening it up in the store just to make sure it's the right disc. 

Dredd is terrific. Absolutely worth a blind buy at that price. 3D effects are well done and the story feels like it is straight out of one of the Dredd comics.
I second this. I'm only half way into it but it's a breath of fresh air from the super budget summer comic book movies. Solid pacing, good 3D and unless it dives in the second half a great deal at 8 bucks.

On that note, I got Spy Kids 4 for 5 bucks after coupon as well at BB. You either need kids (like me) or want a super cheesy take on a kids movie. If you've ever seen one, Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Dusk Till Dawn) made all of them and worked hard to keep adults entertained.

I second this. I'm only half way into it but it's a breath of fresh air from the super budget summer comic book movies. Solid pacing, good 3D and unless it dives in the second half a great deal at 8 bucks.

On that note, I got Spy Kids 4 for 5 bucks after coupon as well at BB. You either need kids (like me) or want a super cheesy take on a kids movie. If you've ever seen one, Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Dusk Till Dawn) made all of them and worked hard to keep adults entertained.
It doesn't dive in the 2nd half. Good from beginning to end and was well worth the full price I paid for it when it came out and even more so now at $7.99 after U&S coupon.

Was just going to post about Dredd at Best Buy....Step Up Revolution is the same price.

I was going to get GAMER 3D also, but after the wrong disc, I may not do it....we'll see.  

The Amazing Spider-Man is $15.  How is the movie (never saw it) and 3D on that?

I think it's well worth it at that price. I saw it in the theater and liked it and picked up The Amazing Spider-Man 3D steelbook on release day. I liked it better than the older trilogy starring Tobey Maguire, especially Spider-Man 3 which flat out sucked.

As for the quality of the 3D, the effect isn't as amazing looking as it is in some other films where you get a great sense of depth and popout throughout, but it's decent enough even if you only really notice it during the big action sequences where Peter Parker is swinging around.

Also, Amazon has matched price in case anyone is interested.

Amazon link

Just FYI, my Target of choice this morning only had one copy of their GI Joe "limited" 3D version in stock. Might hard to find?
Just a heads up.

$27.99.

Just FYI, my Target of choice this morning only had one copy of their GI Joe "limited" 3D version in stock. Might hard to find?
Just a heads up.

$27.99.
Mine had like 6 when I went at 9:30am ET. Target is probably the best deal for the 3D version as there is an extra 10% coupon at cartwheel.target.com and there is some sort of exclusive $8 off Paramount coupon inside (hopefully can use when Star Trek is released).

Mine had like 6 when I went at 9:30am ET. Target is probably the best deal for the 3D version as there is an extra 10% coupon at cartwheel.target.com and there is some sort of exclusive $8 off Paramount coupon inside (hopefully can use when Star Trek is released).
Thanks for mentioning the Cartwheel app! I've not used it before. Going to get my 10% back on the way home. :D

Got MIB3 with 3D for 9.99 after upgrade and save from BB.  The regular 2 disc version without 3D was 29.99 I took both to the counter to make sure, how stupid.

Got MIB3 with 3D for 9.99 after upgrade and save from BB. The regular 2 disc version without 3D was 29.99 I took both to the counter to make sure, how stupid.
I've been debating picking that one up, but haven't heard enough reviews from people to say if it's worth it even for the 3D. Let us know if you get a chance to watch it.

There is now some info about the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Glad I waited rather than picking up the initial 3D release, but $54.98 MSRP? Um... that is a few dollars more than I feel like spending at this point.
Grrr, they retracted the announcement the first time and said it wouldn't be available before the next film, so I caved.

Will need to watch the theatrical cut a few times before Nov 5 so I feel I got my money's worth as I don't see myself watching it afterwards.

There is now some info about the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Glad I waited rather than picking up the initial 3D release, but $54.98 MSRP? Um... that is a few dollars more than I feel like spending at this point.
I'm sure it'll drop down in price by the time it's released, at least I hope it does. I'm wondering where that 13 minutes will added, as much as I liked the movie I thought it could be cut down some, not added to

There is one scene over at the link that shows a new scene with Elrond and Bilbo, but yeah... I wonder about an additional 13 minutes to a movie that could have been a big tighter.  

Wow, with The Croods now officially announced for October 1, that is shaping up to be one expensive 3D Tuesday:

The Amityville Horror Trilogy
The Croods
House of Wax (1953)
The Little Mermaid (rumored)
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition

Fry's has some IMAX and other 3D titles for $8.99 (+ shipping) this week:

Arabia 3D (Blu3D+Blu)

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D (Blu3D/Blu)
Dinosaurs Alive! (Blu3D/Blu)
Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk (Blu3D/Blu)
A Haunting in Salem in 3D (Blu3D)
Legends of Flight (Blu3D/Blu)
Magic Journey to Africa
Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs (Blu3D/Blu)
Rescue 3D (Blu3D)
Ultimate G's: Zac's Flying Dream (Blu3D/Blu)
The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti 3D (Blu3D/Blu)
Wild Ocean (Blu3D/Blu)

Looks like Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas Special will be getting a separate 3D BD release on October 8.

(It had been previously only been available in 3D in the limited Best Buy Exclusive version of Continental Drift)

Thanks for the info. I tried to read through that but Will the theatrical cut be available on this as well or only the extended cut. I have the hobbit on 3d but will sell it if this set has both versions.

I didn't see that 10,000 B.C. was ever released in 3D, even in the theater.  

It's possible they could post-convert it, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info. I tried to read through that but Will the theatrical cut be available on this as well or only the extended cut. I have the hobbit on 3d but will sell it if this set has both versions.
I highly doubt it would, none of the extended editions for LOTR ever carried the standard version.

bread's done
Back