3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot wait to see Pacific Rim again.  I was like a kid all over again watching that movie.  Giant robots fighting giant monsters = happy me.

I highly doubt it would, none of the extended editions for LOTR ever carried the standard version.
Well, there was one version of the trilogy that had both the original and extended editions: the "Limited Edition" releases of the films.

The movies were on two-sided DVDs and had "seamless" branching to choose between the theatrical or extended versions. The only extra features included were the (then exclusive) Costa Botes documentaries.

Cash grab much?

That said, I still don't imagine we'll see something like that for a while (if we do at all) so I'm planning on shelling out some money come release date!

Any good deals on Star Trek this week?
It also depends on which bonus features you want--sounds like Paramount divided up all of the bonus features, giving them to various retailers as exclusives. May need to buy like 3 versions if you actually want everything--so annoying.

http://digitalbits.com/item/star-trek-into-darkness-bd

So for example, the iTunes Extra download does have audio commentary with J.J. Abrams and his team. There are additional featurettes that have been split up as CinemaNow and VUDU digital extras. Still more are only available on exclusive bonus discs at Target and Best Buy. So in the end, fully half of the bonus content created for this title got scattered by the marketing team as a retailer promotions.
I had preordered from Amazon back when they had that 20% off your order coupon--no idea what bonus features theirs does/does not have.

Yeah, saw that. I price matched at BBy since I was there. I really just wanted to rent it, but for $20 I think I can watch it and sell it on half.com for a few dollars less.

It also depends on which bonus features you want--
I'm pretty disguested by this practice. How many people really go and buy multiple copies so that they can watch the full EPK? I have to imagine that it's fewer people than they tick off.

What's the story on this $14.99 Double Feature? (Note: my kid loves that horrid Sharkboy . . . flick, is that Spy Kids #X on par or worse than the rest?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Spy+Kids+3-D/Adventures+of+Shark+Boy+and+Lava+Girl+-+Blu-ray+3D/6958266.p?id=2612764&skuId=6958266
I picked this up a while ago because it was cheap and I try to buy every mainstream feature film 3D BD release in order to support the format. Haven't seen the Sharkboy film yet, but The Spy Kids 3D is about on par with the rest of the franchise--none of them are all that great--expect cheesy effects and gimmicky at the camera 3D.

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off?  I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off? I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).
i really like the 3D in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off? I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).
The animated stuff seems to be the best. Watching Epic recently on 3D BD, I couldn't imagine only seeing it in 2D. The 3D adds so much.

It's not likely you will ever get everyone to agree on what "the best" is.

In my opinion, the best 3D in animated films that I have seen was in "Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Monster House".

For live action movies, I thought "Hugo" & "Life of Pi" were very well done, with "The Avengers" a little behind.

"Avatar" gets a lot of attention & it was good, but I did not find it to be that spectacular. I actually think the 3D in "Titanic" was more impressive.

I just watched "Dredd" in 2D on Netfix & am now going to buy it in 3D (it's only $14.99 at Best Buy right now). Based on what I saw in 2D, my guess is that it will look awesome.

If you have a PS3 or a SmartTV, use the VUDU app to watch Previews. They have a nature one called Coral Reef that will show off 3D.

Just searching '3D' will pull up all types of movies. And, some movies can be found by searching their specific titles.

The most amazing piece of pop-out 3D I have seen is on the IMAX Under the Sea 3D Blu-ray--the potato cod looks like it's coming out halfway across my living room.

The most amazing piece of pop-out 3D I have seen is on the IMAX Under the Sea 3D Blu-ray--the potato cod looks like it's coming out halfway across my living room.
Haha! So true! I have that one. Got it for $10 when Best Buy had it for $14.99 during an U&S sale.

I just watched "Dredd" in 2D on Netfix & am now going to buy it in 3D (it's only $14.99 at Best Buy right now). Based on what I saw in 2D, my guess is that it will look awesome.
It is pretty spectacular.

I thought Resident Evil Retribution, Amazing Spider-Man, and basically any Disney 3D movie look phenomenal.

Hopefully its true that the Iron Man 3 3D will be $24.96 at Walmart tomorrow.
The ad on my desk is going to make it true when I pm it at Target. I got ahead of myself, I forgot Target wasn't going to carry the 3D release.

Do you know the start date of the Walmart ad? Rang up at $36.96 this morning. The only ad they had up front ended today. Picked one up to price match. Only saw four copies at my store.

I live in Wisconsin and it rang up at $36.96 but I showed them the ad. According to management, they can't honor national ads because my state has a consumer law that prohibits selling below cost (unfair to other retailers). They said if the ad came from any other retailer or if the store was in Minnesota, no problem.

FYI, limited copies as well (6).

Was able to price match with Parade ad scan no problem at Best Buy (another guy in line before me was doing the same thing). I also used the 100-point $3 DMR reward coupon--though it ran in as a 1 cent charge instead of a $3 off coupon so they had to manually apply.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Special) announced for 3D Blu-ray on December 10

What is the word on Little Mermaid 3D? Release date? I'm pretty out of the loop.

Also, how is The Hobbit 3D? Saw it's barely over $20 shipped used on Amazon. Might finally get that one soon.

What is the word on Little Mermaid 3D? Release date? I'm pretty out of the loop.

Also, how is The Hobbit 3D? Saw it's barely over $20 shipped used on Amazon. Might finally get that one soon.
Little Mermaid is next week (10/1) and Hobbit is probably cheap because the extended edition is coming November 5.

Walmart has corrected to the $24.96 price. Went to get a price adjustment at lunchtime and it was ringing up correctly. Someone must have called it in. Not sure about the $19.96 regular combo with digital copy though. Coupon should be easier to use now.

Walmart has corrected to the $24.96 price. Went to get a price adjustment at lunchtime and it was ringing up correctly. Someone must have called it in. Not sure about the $19.96 regular combo with digital copy though. Coupon should be easier to use now.
The 24.96 price is not chain-wide. I went to Wal-Mart today to pick up the 3D combo pack and it rang up at $33.96.

I checked walmart.com and no price is listed. It also says the price varies by store. What is going on with this? First Target doesn't even carry it and now I can't get the best price on it because Wal-Mart decides it should "switch i up a bit" by having different prices for the same item at different stores?

I would just get a PM at Best Buy, but I'm *quite* sure they won't accept a scan of an ad for a Price Match... I would probably drop down and die if any of the BBs near me would even CONSIDER doing such a thing.

I (realistically) see it going down like this:

Me: "I'd like to PM with this picture that I found on an internet forum."

BB CS employee: "HAHAHAHAHAHA! HA! Heh... Wait a minute, just let me get my manag.... MUAHAHAHA! I couldn't even finish that sentence. Um, no."

Star Trek: Into Darkness has dropped to $19.99 on Amazon. Although, personally, I didn't really find the 3D all that great or noticeable.

Star Trek: Into Darkness has dropped to $19.99 on Amazon. Although, personally, I didn't really find the 3D all that great or noticeable.
Target has been running it for that price this week as well. I know that there was a huge kerfuffle about different retailers having different content included with it, but I haven't looked to see which one supposedly had the best "added content."

Target has been running it for that price this week as well. I know that there was a huge kerfuffle about different retailers having different content included with it, but I haven't looked to see which one supposedly had the best "added content."
I don't think Amazon has any exclusives as far as extras so Target may be the better option--Amazon must be matching Target's price.

Anyone have any opinions on Resident Evil Afterlife and Retribution on 3D? I am a sucker for this awful series. I have the first four in 2D and was wondering about picking up the 5th since it s on sale at Fry's this week.

Anyone have any opinions on Resident Evil Afterlife and Retribution on 3D? I am a sucker for this awful series. I have the first four in 2D and was wondering about picking up the 5th since it s on sale at Fry's this week.
although not the best movie, afterlife had pretty good 3d effects. worth it if you can find it t a good price

October 8: Tad: The Lost Explorer (Walmart Exclusive)

0088347609381_300X300.jpg

bread's done
Back