3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Wizard Of Oz 2D for $19.96 at Walmart last night as well.  The 3D version was not on the end cap in electronics like all of the other versions, but that is often the case for 3D versions - at least at the stores I visit.  The shelf was labeled with the correct price

Just a heads-up to Netflix users- they opened the gates on their 3D and superHD content to all device users (only tested on ps3).
Yeah. I discovered this tonight while browsing Netflix on my PS3. I did a triple-take! I feel so late not knowing ANYTHING about Netflix getting 3D. WOW! The loading has been slow as hell, so far. Better to start it, pause it for 20-30minutes, and come back to it. I have fast, :bomb: expensive internet. Not paying more for better load times. I'll manage.

This will be my new PS+........not sure to buy it now or wait for it to become 'free'. Lmao!

Lots of sequel dates now available:

•   The Smurfs 2 - Dec 3
  •   Despicable Me 2 - Dec 10
  •   Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Dec 17

Anyone know of any deals on The Croods or Finding Nemo both in 3D?  Been looking at them and the price won't budge below $30.  I have a mental block that I won't pay more than $25 shipped for them.

The Croods was $22.96 at Wal-Mart and I did a price match at Target and used my cartwheel and took it home for $22.31. I think I picked up Finding Nemo for $20 at TRU a few months ago.

You need to check this thread more often or have other sites that primarily deal with movies for your deals.

Anyone know of any deals on The Croods or Finding Nemo both in 3D? Been looking at them and the price won't budge below $30. I have a mental block that I won't pay more than $25 shipped for them.
Dunno how it looks on eBay now - but i sold my 3D disc for like $15 shipped, so depends if you care about a full package or not. Could get a decent deal if that's all you care about.

I almost always buy 3D versions nowadays even though I don't own a 3d tv just to do that since its a better deal (ie. Croods 3D was $21 after coupons at Target - 3D went for $15, DVD for $7, digital copies for $8)

Amazon has reduced the price of the limited collector's edition of Pacific Rim to $34.99.

Is this movie worth a blind buy in 3D if I haven't seen the movie yet? Definitely seems like my kind of movie.

I thought it was fun. Personally, I'll buy anything Guillermo Del Toro makes.

I'm not sure which store Amazon is matching. It has been listed for $45 for awhile.

Went to Best Buy today and was about to buy Pacific Rim 3D for $30. Checked my phone before I went to the register and saw Amazon had the 3D CE for $34.99 so I ordered that instead. 

Word of warning: The Pacific Rim CE packaging looks like total garbage. I'm so glad I didn't end up getting it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00F0N7JUG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_dav

That's a couple of customer images showing how awful the thing that holds the discs is.

Is this movie worth a blind buy in 3D if I haven't seen the movie yet? Definitely seems like my kind of movie.
If giant robots fighting giant monsters is your kind of movie, then you'll love it. It's very well made. I saw it in the theater in 3D and bought the regular 3D edition.

Ugh. That does look like crap. I'll pass on that. Thanks for the information.
I think the movie only did well because of how globally appealing it was. That meant NA was probably not going to get any real attention in the promotion department. Movie is gorgeous though and will probably withstand repeat viewings through spectacle alone.

I think the movie only did well because of how globally appealing it was. That meant NA was probably not going to get any real attention in the promotion department. Movie is gorgeous though and will probably withstand repeat viewings through spectacle alone.
Having seen the movie, I completely agree with you there. The movie is spectacular and a visual treat, but that case could use a lot of work. I'd rather save the extra money and put it towards the action figures if I wanted a collectible from the movie.

Bought the CE for $34.99 on Amazon this morning.  Went back to look at the packaging photos and the price has shot up to $49.99.

It was my first blind buy in a long while as I missed it in theaters and wanted to see it in 3D (and neither Netflix or Redbox carry 3D Blus).

Watched it last night and enjoyed it, but didn't love it. If I'd seen it in theaters I'd have waited for a $15 or so deal before buying.

It was my first blind buy in a long while as I missed it in theaters and wanted to see it in 3D (and neither Netflix or Redbox carry 3D Blus).

Watched it last night and enjoyed it, but didn't love it. If I'd seen it in theaters I'd have waited for a $15 or so deal before buying.

Oh ok, thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and used my $5 cert from Best Buy and had it priced matched from Amazon for $27.99. Ended up paying $25 after tax. Gonna give it a go tonight.

I missed pacific in theaters as well, I really wanted to watch it in on imax, but I just never got around to it. Now I just watched it and holy shit that was an impressive 3D movie, even if you dont end up liking the movie, the 3D picture and audio make it worth purchasing. As for the movie I loved it and will probably give it another go in a few days, I really liked it. One thing I should mention is I am watching this in my living room/home theater room on my 3d projector, the screen is a 110" so its really like your at the movies. But if I would have watched this on a small 50-60" it would not have had the same effect. I don't really think any 3D movie is worth watching unless its on big screen, that's just my opinion.

Word of warning: The Pacific Rim CE packaging looks like total garbage. I'm so glad I didn't end up getting it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00F0N7JUG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_dav

That's a couple of customer images showing how awful the thing that holds the discs is.
It looks like a cheap Happy Meal toy from that angle. That may not be the best storage for a disc.

I enjoyed the film very very much, but I think I'm going to hold out for a cheaper price on the 3D bluray.

One thing I should mention is I am watching this in my living room/home theater room on my 3d projector, the screen is a 110" so its really like your at the movies. But if I would have watched this on a small 50-60" it would not have had the same effect. I don't really think any 3D movie is worth watching unless its on big screen, that's just my opinion.
Did you actually have to mention that, or did you just want to brag about your setup? To most people, 50-60" is actually fairly big. I literally was just watching Pacific Rim on my 55" TV right before I got on the computer, and the 3D looked great.

sorry if it seemed that way, my opinion should have mentioned that I really cannot see great far away with out my glasses, so a big screen is a must for me. I just meant for me personally a 50-60 is to small for me because I would have a hard time focusing and 3d would be a waste. Plus I wanted to point out how I watched the movie, because it definitely was a factor in why I enjoyed it so much, had I watched it on a smaller tv or on my computer it would have not had the same effect.

Good time to score a Disney 3D at B&N, if you're member. 30% off sale, the recently e-mailed 20% off coupon, and the 10% off member discount. I was able to get the Toy Story 3D trilogy for around $50.

Do you guys plan on selling the UV codes that come with the blu-rays?
I think I've only ever watched like one thing via the UV copy (because I was in another room away from my PS3), but I tend to just redeem them into my account rather than try to sell them.

I'd sell the UV codes if I knew where a marketplace was.  Is Ebay pretty much the only game in town, or is there a thread here?

Also, for those in the Denver area or have something similar- the Redbox like '5280 flix' has started to rent 3D BDs.  I suggested Pacific Rim on a Saturday, they had it in the machine (and rented to me) on Tuesday.  They're charging $3 a night, which I was overjoyed to pay.

If you have smaller rental companies around, it might be worth e-mailing them to see if they will take suggestions.

I'd sell the UV codes if I knew where a marketplace was. Is Ebay pretty much the only game in town, or is there a thread here?

Also, for those in the Denver area or have something similar- the Redbox like '5280 flix' has started to rent 3D BDs. I suggested Pacific Rim on a Saturday, they had it in the machine (and rented to me) on Tuesday. They're charging $3 a night, which I was overjoyed to pay.

If you have smaller rental companies around, it might be worth e-mailing them to see if they will take suggestions.
there's a thread here to sell them:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/279395-dvdblu-digital-ultraviolet-code-trade-rules-updated-81113/

you can also sell on bluray.com but they tend to go for lower there. I don't think you can sell them on ebay, some go through but others get pulled

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really don't care about adding Monsters University and Cars to my 3D collection. I enjoyed MU and I'm pretty much in the middle of the road when it comes to the debate between the fans and detractors of Cars. Also, I'm slightly strapped for funds at the moment, but I was willing to find a way around that.

I honestly think the reason I don't care about these releases is due to the plain and simple fact that they don't include lenticular slipcovers. I think that's why I didn't want Little Mermaid either.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really don't care about adding Monsters University and Cars to my 3D collection. I enjoyed MU and I'm pretty much in the middle of the road when it comes to the debate between the fans and detractors of Cars. Also, I'm slightly strapped for funds at the moment, but I was willing to find a way around that.

I honestly think the reason I don't care about these releases is due to the plain and simple fact that they don't include lenticular slipcovers. I think that's why I didn't want Little Mermaid either.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?!
Nothing is wrong with you. You are just like the rest of us in noticing that Disney is slowly skimping on their premium releases. No lenticular covers, heck no silkscreened art on most of the discs anymore either. Yet they keep charging the same or more for them. Kind of leaves a sour taste in consumer's mouths.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?!
I don't care about the lenticular slipcovers as much anymore now that I've been buying a lot of stuff used and they are sometimes missing anyway--i actually didn't even notice that these weren't lenticular.

I was really looking forward to Little Mermaid and Monsters University. I've never really been a fan of Cars, but like Ariel would say ... wouldn't you think my collection's complete? ;) I'm just a fan of 3D and buy all of the major new 3D BD releases.

I do hate what Disney's been doing lately--especially what they tried with Oz: The Great and Powerful. Disney Blu-rays have always been over-priced (especially the 3D ones) but there's nothing I can really do about it. :(

I have been holding off on purchasing 3D Blu-Rays of late, not because of finances, but because I want to see if the prices come down after any set period of time after release.  

The Upgrade and Save events allowed me to purchase quite a few 3D's that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and I'm hopeful that, even if that doesn't come back, there will be some sales to take the prices back to the $19.99 price point that I'm much more comfortable paying.

I have been holding off on purchasing 3D Blu-Rays of late, not because of finances, but because I want to see if the prices come down after any set period of time after release.

The Upgrade and Save events allowed me to purchase quite a few 3D's that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and I'm hopeful that, even if that doesn't come back, there will be some sales to take the prices back to the $19.99 price point that I'm much more comfortable paying.
Yeah, there are a few I'm still waiting to buy--I'd like to get back to that sub $20 price. Didn't pick up R.I.P.D. today and still waiting on a sale for House of Wax. The Disney sales seem a bit harder to come by. Will also be watching for a GoHastings sale to possibly get used copies. I'll also be holding off on Hobbit Extended--currently the lowest sale price is $40--which is ridiculous, especially when it's a re-release of sorts!

bread's done
Back