3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed on Amazon's UK site that they had a list of 3D blus as part of a 2 for 25 euros deal. Dial M for Murder was listed as region free. Might be worth checking out, but a good number were region locked.

Well, Turbo and Man of Steel are coming out at $24.96 at Walmart for their 3D versions according to the ad posted today.  

That's the best we've seen in a few weeks.  

Well, Turbo and Man of Steel are coming out at $24.96 at Walmart for their 3D versions according to the ad posted today.

Would like to price match at Target and get the extra Red Card % but they never seem to have the ads in the store at my local Walmart--and Target is picky about having the physical ad to do a price match. Hopefully they'll just be the same price.

Awesome. $25 is a reasonable price for this one. I love collectors editions but I'm not too crazy about the $39.96 superman CE for some reason. I'd rather save the extra $15 for something else.

That's still the lowest price for Pacific Rim to this point.  I'm anxiously waiting to see if any good deals come out in the next couple weeks.  

We've seen some 3D sets drop to the $19.99 price point within a month or so, and that's what I'm hoping will happen with Pacific Rim as well.  

Psunami, it looks like Warner takes longer to drop their prices, and they have higher prices to begin with. ST: Into Darkness started at $24.99 and has already dropped down to $19.99. I'm not seeing Warner titles drop as fast.

Psunami, it looks like Warner takes longer to drop their prices, and they have higher prices to begin with. ST: Into Darkness started at $24.99 and has already dropped down to $19.99. I'm not seeing Warner titles drop as fast.
It may not be crazy quick, but most of the WB titles have hit $19.99 within 6 months of release. Sucks to wait that long for Pacific Rim, but I'm willing to be patient.

It may not be crazy quick, but most of the WB titles have hit $19.99 within 6 months of release. Sucks to wait that long for Pacific Rim, but I'm willing to be patient.
Yeah, I think you're right and while I liked it I wish I had waited as well. Not to sound shallow but there should have been about an hour more of robot/monster fighting and an hour less of plot and exposition.

On that note, it looks like the best deal for The Hobbit is 30 bucks. Not bad but if there's something better or a coupon I'd love to know it.

Okay, why is it so hard to actually get The Hobbit Extended Edition?  Not sold in Target or Walmart stores at all and Best Buy only has the Blu-ray or Blu-Ray 3D in stores but not the combo of the two which is what I actually want.  Resorting to Amazon for it but baffling that today is the release day and so many retailers are neither carrying it at all nor promoting it even if they do.

Okay, why is it so hard to actually get The Hobbit Extended Edition? Not sold in Target or Walmart stores at all and Best Buy only has the Blu-ray or Blu-Ray 3D in stores but not the combo of the two which is what I actually want. Resorting to Amazon for it but baffling that today is the release day and so many retailers are neither carrying it at all nor promoting it even if they do.
So Best Buy only has the steelbook version in stores and not the normal combo pack that's listed on site at $60?

So Best Buy only has the steelbook version in stores and not the normal combo pack that's listed on site at $60?
Correct.

Though I had no intention of paying $60 for it, was gonna pricematch Amazon's $30 price and then use RZ certs on top of that.

Correct.

Though I had no intention of paying $60 for it, was gonna pricematch Amazon's $30 price and then use RZ certs on top of that.
Tried to do that over the phone and they said this was one of the items that doesn't qualify for their price match guarantee.

I got an email for a 50% off flash sale at foxconnect.com using code FLASH -- seems to work on most stuff that is not a preorder. I have not tried everything--just ordered Jumper myself for 3D stuff, but here is what I could find for released 3D titles on their site:

NOTE: Can only use the coupon for one order. And cannot apply to cart over $100.

What prices should be after 50% coupon FLASH if it works:

Avatar $12.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/avatar-limited-3d-edition-blu-ray.html
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-blu-ray-3d.html
Chronicles of Narnia $12.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/the-chronicles-of-narnia-the-voyage-of-the-dawn-treader-blu-ray-3d.html
The Croods $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/the-croods-3d.html
Epic $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/epic-3d-deluxe-edition-25783.html
I, Robot $12.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/i-robot-blu-ray-3d.html
Ice Age Continental Drift $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/ice-age-continental-drift-blu-ray-3d.html
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs $12.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/ice-age-3-dawn-of-the-dinosaurs-blu-ray-3d.html
Jumper $9.49 http://www.foxconnect.com/jumper-3d.html
Life of Pi $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/life-of-pi-blu-ray-3d-collector-s-edition.html
Predator 3D $9.49 http://www.foxconnect.com/predator-3d.html
Prometheus $15.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/prometheus-4-disc-collector-s-edition-blu-ray.html
Rio $12.99 http://www.foxconnect.com/rio-blu-ray-3d.html

Other stuff I tried to add to my cart killed the coupon and I had to remove before applying again. Site seems to be getting hammered now, so it's really slow. I'm guessing someone posted to slickdeals :)

Update-- can preorder Predator 3D for $9.49! (There are also some other titles I forgot--like Gulliver's Travels)

Looks like we have nothing in the way of 3D deals for Black Friday at at this point.  Perhaps Amazon will come up big at some point, but it's been a bummer to see the ads come in without any deals to this point.

Safe to assume the Disney 3D catalog experiment ended with Little Mermaid? Can't think of a lot else (anything earlier than that would look pretty strange in 3D, though Fantasia might be a fun experiment, and Fantasia 2000 would actually probably be improved with the option of 3D -- at least some segments) that I'd want to see converted, but what they did try it on worked surprisingly well.

Safe to assume the Disney 3D catalog experiment ended with Little Mermaid? Can't think of a lot else (anything earlier than that would look pretty strange in 3D, though Fantasia might be a fun experiment, and Fantasia 2000 would actually probably be improved with the option of 3D -- at least some segments).
I would think Aladdin would have looked good--the scenes with the carpet going through the underground caverns.

I wish they would at least release the 1 converted Star Wars film, and spend the money to convert the others--even if it's just for direct-to-3D BD releases.

I would think Aladdin would have looked good--the scenes with the carpet going through the underground caverns.

I wish they would at least release the 1 converted Star Wars film, and spend the money to convert the others--even if it's just for direct-to-3D BD releases.
Yeah, true. There are others from the 90s (Tarzan, Mulan, Hercules, even Hunchback) that would do well with 3D, but as B-list (or C-list) catalog titles, they're not worth the effort, I expect. Who knows, they may do it for Aladdin as a pillar title, but I doubt it.

Pixar's another consideration. WALL•E and The Incredibles are obviously optimal 3D candidates, but thus far they've passed on converting those. I'd weirdly enjoy seeing Ratatouille in 3D as well. Bug's Life? Meh.

Whether or not we see the existing Star Wars trilogies in 3D Blu probably depends largely on how Ep. VII does in theaters. If it reinvigorates the franchise and is a big moneymaker (hard to see how it wouldn't be -- Phantom Menace made a crapload even though it was itself a load of crap), then they'll be looking for any way they can to cash in, including premium 3D editions of the existing films.

Yeah, true. There are others from the 90s (Tarzan, Mulan, Hercules, even Hunchback) that would do well with 3D, but as B-list (or C-list) catalog titles, they're not worth the effort, I expect. Who knows, they may do it for Aladdin as a pillar title, but I doubt it.

Pixar's another consideration. WALL•E and The Incredibles are obviously optimal 3D candidates, but thus far they've passed on converting those. I'd weirdly enjoy seeing Ratatouille in 3D as well. Bug's Life? Meh.

Whether or not we see the existing Star Wars trilogies in 3D Blu probably depends largely on how Ep. VII does in theaters. If it reinvigorates the franchise and is a big moneymaker (hard to see how it wouldn't be -- Phantom Menace made a crapload even though it was itself a load of crap), then they'll be looking for any way they can to cash in, including premium 3D editions of the existing films.
There's a lot of work in converting any source into the 3D but film is harder than CGI because it's so difficult to isolate segments with a detailed level of depth. Apparently ALL pixar movies are on the dock to get the conversion as even Cars was recently re-released and Ratatouille is coming after that.

I'd believe that Mermaid was the last of the 2D as it was sent out with no fanfare and received mediocre reviews on it's conversion. I'm gettin' it though.

As a completist I'd also like to see the Star Wars movies all released in 3D though that's kind sad in it's own way considering how horrible they are (ok, ep 3 wasn't' terrible).

As a completist I'd also like to see the Star Wars movies all released in 3D though that's kind sad in it's own way considering how horrible they are (ok, ep 3 wasn't' terrible).
It just bugs me that the episode 1 was already converted but still not released on 3D BD. I hate that there are films that were shown theatrically in 3D that still aren't available--the effort to release them is minimal. Same goes for The Ant Bully and Beowulf--and a few others that are only available on region-locked 3D BD in other countries.

Well I guess im done with 3d since I just sold my ps3 and they just announced that ps4 will not support 3d wtf!!!!!
Wow, first no DLNA support & now no 3D?! The PS4 is sounding worse every day. I don't even use my PS3 for gaming so had no plans to "upgrade" anyway.

The Last Emperor has been converted to 3D and should be available on January 1st, 2014.

http://www.stereoscopynews.com/hotnews/3d-movies/3d-blockbusters/3420-the-last-emperor-3d.html
That'll be an odd one to see done in 3D, though there are certainly lots of scenes that benefit from a wider field of view in a 3D space. I wonder if it'll be a Criterion release or some other release, as I know that would be a double-dip for me from the Criterion I already have.

I think if they finish up the Pixar catalog for 3D titles and call it done, that wouldn't surprise me. Wall*E and Incredibles would benefit quite a bit from 3D, only if they don't make it look worse in 2D which some titles have gone through. They just released Cars 1 on 3D, so there's more to go from Pixar.

I think Mulan and Hunchback have the possibility to work well in 3D, though Tarzan and Hercules less so.

I thought they had completed Ep 2 for 3D conversion though scrapped it coming out because Ep 1 did so poorly when it was re-released in 3D. I know I passed on it and from what I read in reviews, it was only worth seeing in 3D if you hadn't seen it before.

There's a lot of work in converting any source into the 3D but film is harder than CGI because it's so difficult to isolate segments with a detailed level of depth. Apparently ALL pixar movies are on the dock to get the conversion as even Cars was recently re-released and Ratatouille is coming after that.

I'd believe that Mermaid was the last of the 2D as it was sent out with no fanfare and received mediocre reviews on it's conversion. I'm gettin' it though.

There's plenty of work that gets done in 3D conversion, yes, though I think there's been a lot of work to make it quicker and better since they started back in the days of the Tim Burton Alice In Wonderland movie. Though, there's been a number of bad post-converted 3D movies to balance out each good one.

If the Pixar movies are all slated to get post-converted 3D then I might be double-dipping on some of them, as long as they're not a bad post-conversion.

Mermaid was supposed to come out in the theaters though when Monsters Inc did so poorly, they scrapped it. I don't think we'll get any more release-to-theater scenarios for 3D converted movies, though I'll certainly pick them up when released on disc if it's not a terrible job.

It just bugs me that the episode 1 was already converted but still not released on 3D BD. I hate that there are films that were shown theatrically in 3D that still aren't available--the effort to release them is minimal. Same goes for The Ant Bully and Beowulf--and a few others that are only available on region-locked 3D BD in other countries.
They may be holding it back for Ep VII release on Star Wars Ep 1 3D.

Beowulf wasn't a big seller at the box office nor on disc, so I don't see any big financial reason to bring it to the US. Same for Ant Bully.

Wow, first no DLNA support & now no 3D?! The PS4 is sounding worse every day. I don't even use my PS3 for gaming so had no plans to "upgrade" anyway.
That is pretty damn odd. They are saying that there is no support for it at launch, so we may get it later. Very strange.

bread's done
Back