3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
A member at the blu-ray forums got a letter from Disney Movie Club saying they won't be filling any 3D orders. If Disney themselves won't be selling it, I doubt anyone in the US will.  Might be able to import it though.

ive never used a 3d blu ray before so this is why im asking this question. if you play a 3d blu ray on a non 3d tv would it play in 2d like a standard blu ray movie and not look fuzzy or anything ? im thinking about getting the thor dark world combo pack and i want to give him one of the two blu ray disks

ive never used a 3d blu ray before so this is why im asking this question. if you play a 3d blu ray on a non 3d tv would it play in 2d like a standard blu ray movie and not look fuzzy or anything ? im thinking about getting the thor dark world combo pack and i want to give him one of the two blu ray disks
I just depends on how the manufacturer made the disc. Some 3D discs are made to play in both 3D and 2D, while other 3D discs will ONLY play in a 3D system. I think the trend for Disney releases is the latter, so the 3D disc won't play at all unless you had a 3D tv and player.

Another thing to keep in mind is that because of the added data for 3D, combo pack releases always put the bonus materials on the 2D disc, so both of you wouldn't be able to have all the extras, if that matters.

Ok, so I'm seriously considering importing Frozen steel 3D from Zavvi but I have a few questions:

-Is there a digital copy? If so would it work in the U.S.?

-Are the 2 discs a 2d Blu and 3d Blu?

-Is it certain that it's region free? Is there a consistency with Disney movies or certain retailers in releasing region free content?

It's probably one of the Disney Skylanders packs.
Might be right, though we'll know more when it gets closer to release.

A member at the blu-ray forums got a letter from Disney Movie Club saying they won't be filling any 3D orders. If Disney themselves won't be selling it, I doubt anyone in the US will. Might be able to import it though.
Oh lovely. Thanks, Disney, for having your head up your backside on a 3D release.

I got prometheus for 15 when it first came out which was a steal, for 12.99 its a fire sale! Very good movie. Abraham lincoln is a good buy also.

On a side note, I just updated my movie trade list and have some decent titles in there including a 3d hobbit. I would really like to do some tradeing.

Everyone who already likes Prometheus is allowed to continue doing so...

But.

For me, it was one of the most disappointing films of 2012.  It came out in a year of disappointing films, but I thought it was ultimately ridiculuous and was too nonsensicle to be enjoyed.

To each their own... but a warning to those who haven't seen it and are only seeing favourable opinions in this thread.

Everyone who already likes Prometheus is allowed to continue doing so...

But.

For me, it was one of the most disappointing films of 2012. It came out in a year of disappointing films, but I thought it was ultimately ridiculuous and was too nonsensicle to be enjoyed.

To each their own... but a warning to those who haven't seen it and are only seeing favourable opinions in this thread.
Visually, I thought it was outstanding. But the story was full of holes. I just figured Ridley Scott wanted to leave it open for a sequel.

Visually, I thought it was outstanding. But the story was full of holes. I just figured Ridley Scott wanted to leave it open for a sequel.
I can't say that about much- that it's pretty even if it's stupid. Not about people either. I find stupid to be so unattractive that it overrides any kind of value in physical appearance alone.

The kind of holes I saw weren't things that a sequel could fix. Unless it's a "the whole movie was someone's fever dream" kind of fix. But I can't be bothered to go on about it. Check out Half in the Bag's review for similar complaints.

I can't say that about much- that it's pretty even if it's stupid. Not about people either. I find stupid to be so unattractive that it overrides any kind of value in physical appearance alone.

The kind of holes I saw weren't things that a sequel could fix. Unless it's a "the whole movie was someone's fever dream" kind of fix. But I can't be bothered to go on about it. Check out Half in the Bag's review for similar complaints.
I kind of liked Prometheus but I know there's tons of plot holes and logistics I'm missing just by half watching while I work on something else. If I read that review I'm pretty sure I'd just chuck the disc as when I learn something frustrating about a movie plot it always sticks out whenever I watch it.

I kind of liked Prometheus but I know there's tons of plot holes and logistics I'm missing just by half watching while I work on something else. If I read that review I'm pretty sure I'd just chuck the disc as when I learn something frustrating about a movie plot it always sticks out whenever I watch it.
I liked it a lot, plot holes and all

Found this on another site--this week's 3D BD Prices at Fry's

http://www.frys.com/ads/page19

$8.99

The Green Hornet (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Space Junk 3D (Blu3D/Blu)

$14.99
Arthur Christmas 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Battle of the Year (Blu3D)
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Blu3D)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu3D)
Hotel Transylvania in 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Men in Black 3 (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
The Pirates! Band of Misfits in 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Predator 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Priest (Blu3D)
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu3D)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D (Blu3D)
Sanctum 3D (Blu3D+Blu)
The Smurfs in 3D (Blu3D+DVD)
The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu3D)

$17.99
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)

$24.99
G.I.Joe: Retaliation 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Star Trek: Into Darkness 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
World War Z 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)

Man I wish there was a Fry's in Florida.

Amazon has Gnomeo and Juliet for 13.40
Best Buy will price match Fry's--it's one of the ones specifically listed on their site. I've called Best Buy.com and price-matched for an in-store pickup before.

Best Buy will price match Fry's--it's one of the ones specifically listed on their site. I've called Best Buy.com and price-matched for an in-store pickup before.
I might have to try this with Arthur Christmas (if Amazon matches the price.)

I've been wanting to pick that one up for a while now, but Best Buy never has it in store.

Thanks.

I

They all say Region B, the real question is if will be Region Free.

Out of the last few Disney releases from Zavvi, I'm not sure if Planes is region free, The Little Mermaid was but Jungle Book wasn't.
That would suck majorly for any importers without a region free 3D player.
I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy that steelbook from Zavvi or not. I don't want to buy a coaster.

I

I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy that steelbook from Zavvi or not. I don't want to buy a coaster.
If your worried about getting stuck with a coaster, you can wait and see and then get the standard release or take a chance with Zavvi. If you go with Zavvi considering it's limited you can always sell the steelbook.

Any deals on Cloudy 2 this week? I have a pre-order at Amazon I'd like to cancel.
There is a $5 coupon in a Food Network magazine, and Neoz reported on another site that there are $5 coupons in White Castle 6-pack frozen meals, the boxes are unmarked so a little hard to know if it's in there or not.

Apparently GI Joe Retaliation is $9.99 if you have an FYE near you. World War Z is $12.99.

Quit worrying about regions and grab a region free player. I have one. Well worth the investment.

Apparently GI Joe Retaliation is $9.99 if you have an FYE near you. World War Z is $12.99.

Quit worrying about regions and grab a region free player. I have one. Well worth the investment.
What region-free 3D-capable player do you have? My problem is that I have an older Onkyo receiver that doesn't support the HDMI 3D return channel, so I needed a a dual HDMI output player for 3D, and there were only 2 choices at the time, which is why I originally purchased the Panasonic DMP-BDT310.

I guess it's not TECHNICALLY a region free player, but I have this. Not sure what the reviews are on about, it works perfectly with my desktop. There's software out there that lets you change the region of the drive. The only region B locked blu I have right now is Garden State, which was the reason I bought this drive, but it's finally coming out here in March.

i really enjoyed world war z (i think the director is a big last of us fan though lol). cant wait for the already announced sequal.. and i agree region free is the way to go

Any deals on Cloudy 2 this week? I have a pre-order at Amazon I'd like to cancel.
I guess it's been $22.99 at GoHastings.com for a while, you can use code "EARLYBIRD" to get free shipping, I didn't pay tax in CA so you save some money there as well.

You can wait and see when this will go on sale for sub $20 but for those that need/want it now, this is the cheapest I've seen.

I guess it's been $22.99 at GoHastings.com for a while, you can use code "EARLYBIRD" to get free shipping, I didn't pay tax in CA so you save some money there as well.

You can wait and see when this will go on sale for sub $20 but for those that need/want it now, this is the cheapest I've seen.
Thanks, just ordered from GoHastings. Would not have found that deal otherwise.

We have one in Georgia, I just wonder if it will be that price tomorrow if I try and a PM at Best Buy. Also, thanks for the Frys ad on Hotel Transylvania. It was a good deal at 15 bucks.

Yes, thanks. I had already killed my Amazon pre-order. I can do $23.

Trying to order from GoHastings so I can use Paypal and the Paypal button for checkout is greyed out. :wall:

EDIT: As tempting as $22.99 is, I think I'll pass on it because I'd rather use Paypal for checkout.

I pm'ed the GoHastings price at Best Buy with no issues for Cloud With a Chance of Meatball 2. The case has a nice lenticular but it was annoying (and unsurprising) that the digital copy is UV. I probably wouldn't hate it so much but from my understanding you can't watch UV movies on an iPad without an internet connection. 

I pm'ed the GoHastings price at Best Buy with no issues for Cloud With a Chance of Meatball 2. The case has a nice lenticular but it was annoying (and unsurprising) that the digital copy is UV. I probably wouldn't hate it so much but from my understanding you can't watch UV movies on an iPad without an internet connection.
The only movie companies that seem to have non-UV digital copies any longer is Disney/Pixar. Everyone else, it's a UV DC.

And those Disney/Pixar DCs end up being iTunes only.

bread's done
Back