3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from frys with "Secret in-store Promo codes"  One of them was for Gravity.  The promo code is good for 5 bucks off making the standard blu edition 17.99.  I was thinking of trying it out later on the 3D version.  Seems like it would work which would make Gravity 3D 22.99 as they have it priced at 27.99. 

Post back if anyone gets it to work.

Promo CODE: 1096296

This exclusive email offer available In-Store only! Promo code offers must be redeemed in-store. Not available online. Present the promo code to the cashier at the time of purchase. The promo codes are good for one time use only between Monday, February 24, 2014 and Sunday, March 2, 2014. Cashier Instructions: Enter the PROMO CODE number into the Promo Code discount field. To access promo code discount field, press ALT-I and select PROMOTIONAL CODE DISCOUNT from the menu

Release items are never available for in-store pickup until the day of release and the items are "available" for in-store pickup ordering. It normally releases around 12AM - 2AM of the morning of release, though this time around, it didn't work like that. I tried to make an in-store pickup order at 1:30AM yesterday morning and I couldn't do it because it was Sold Out on BB.com. In-store pickup orders get screwed up when the item isn't order-able for shipping on BB.com and sometimes, you can't make an in-store pickup order. I was able to do it via the mobile app / mobile site while waiting for the store to open, though by the time the store would have picked it, I would have been able to get it on my own at store open.

Glad I did go at store open because some knuckle-dragging flipper bought at least four of them as soon as the store opened and that was the store across the country, it seems.
Yea, I realized after I posted that the option didn't show up on their full site. I had just ordered it on my phone through the mobile site when I woke up, so I didn't realize it wasn't available otherwise. I guess I just got lucky. I had checked after midnight PST before going to bed, and the option wasn't there.

Has anyone found a better deal on Frozen 3D than the Amazon.UK deal?  It is cheaper than the Zavvi price, but $30 is a bit much though not extremely high.  Amazon.UK is showing this as region free, but if there has been a change for the US release I would rather go that route.

Has anyone found a better deal on Frozen 3D than the Amazon.UK deal? It is cheaper than the Zavvi price, but $30 is a bit much though not extremely high. Amazon.UK is showing this as region free, but if there has been a change for the US release I would rather go that route.
I'd love to know that as well. I may get it now that it's back in stock but I'm concerned that I won't be able to play it on my PS3. There's still no confirmation that it's region free, right?

I'd love to know that as well. I may get it now that it's back in stock but I'm concerned that I won't be able to play it on my PS3. There's still no confirmation that it's region free, right?
Not until someone gets the disc and tries it in a US region player.

Has anyone found a better deal on Frozen 3D than the Amazon.UK deal? It is cheaper than the Zavvi price, but $30 is a bit much though not extremely high. Amazon.UK is showing this as region free, but if there has been a change for the US release I would rather go that route.
According to Amazon UK's listing in my post this is region free so I would be inclined to believe them. I would also expect it could be returned if the listing is wrong and it is region locked.

50% off code FILMFAN at foxconnect.com -- checked and it works on Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, making it $16--not sure what else it works on.

Doesn't work on Wolverine 3D. 😕

"Coupon could not be applied for skus in cart".

Bummer. Been waiting to pick that one up for cheap. It's been $22.99 for the longest time, but hoping for around $15 before pulling the trigger.

Doesn't work on Wolverine 3D.

Bummer. Been waiting to pick that one up for cheap. It's been $22.99 for the longest time, but hoping for around $15 before pulling the trigger.
do you have an FYE around you? they were selling the 3d for $10 for the longest time, might still be that price in store

Nice find!

I picked up Walking with Dinosaurs 3d, Gullivers Travels 3d (I know, it's probably terrible) and Rio 3d.  Didn't work for Turbo 3d or I would have bought that too.

It's a good deal for the Star Wars set if the coupon works.

Doesn't work on Wolverine 3D.

There might be a sale when the new X-Men hits theaters (Marvel movies are going on sale at the end of the month to commemorate Captain America's new film), but I doubt you'll see it for $15 until the Black Thursday to days after Christmas spread (where they had Star Trek, Pacific Rim, and Great Gatsby for that price (and $7.99 for non-3d).

I broke down and ordered Frozen 3D via Amazon UK.  The Amazon.UK page for this shows £18 which is a little under $30 US before shipping, but when I went through the order process it dropped to £15 so the total WITH shipping is £18.08 which is about $29.81 US.  I went through the process twice to be 100% sure it was the correct edition it is Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free] for £18.08 shipped!

Hope this helps any other fence sitters!

Frozen3d_Amazon_UK.jpg

I had that preordered too, but cancelled after the TRU deal. $11.59 is just too good to pass up, even if it is just the 2-D version. Just know, that while it's not yet official, there are strong indications they'll not only release a 3-D version in the U.S., but it will be a full-on four to five disc (dubbed Crystal Edition - we'll see if that name holds) that will have an entire disc of special features (the most common complaint among the current release). They predict we'll see it in Oct.

Of course, if you don't care about extras, and you want it now, the UK version is the best deal of all the current offerings.

I had that preordered too, but cancelled after the TRU deal. $11.59 is just too good to pass up, even if it is just the 2-D version. Just know, that while it's not yet official, there are strong indications they'll not only release a 3-D version in the U.S., but it will be a full-on four to five disc (dubbed Crystal Edition - we'll see if that name holds) that will have an entire disc of special features (the most common complaint among the current release). They predict we'll see it in Oct.

Of course, if you don't care about extras, and you want it now, the UK version is the best deal of all the current offerings.
Do you have any articles you can link that give more detail? Usually Disney doesn't double dip quite that fast but you never know with how successful Frozen has been.

Do you have any articles you can link that give more detail? Usually Disney doesn't double dip quite that fast but you never know with how successful Frozen has been.
It saddens me to believe that this would be the most optimal scenario for Disney to double dip. Knowing there's a a huge audience for the launch (it broke records, right?) and the 3D and deluxe editions are generally targeted to the enthusiast, they likely released a standard version with practical benefits like the digital copy only to release a super version 6 months later. Other releases like The Hobbit have a similar model and followed a similar release pattern.

I was wondering if anyone knows of another source for solid 3D Blu Ray deals?  While I check some other sites for 3D BDs in general, I was hoping for another source for solid deals.

There's another 50% off FoxConnect.com coupon THRIFTY--not sure which 3D titles it works on.
Awesome thanks, picked up a bunch of stuff but the 3d ones were predator, jumper, and Percy Jackson 2. Only one I wanted that it didn't work on was the wolverine. Also nice that there's no tax and free shipping

Saw this posted on another site

Fry's Ads 3/28-4/3

Here's this week's listings:

$10.99
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Blu3D)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu3D)
Priest (Blu3D)
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu3D)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D (Blu3D)
The Smurfs in 3D (Blu3D+DVD)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu3D)

$27.99
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)

Thanks for posting the Frys deals. I picked up Priest, Cloudy and the Resident Evil movies.

Unfortunately, Ghost Rider, Smurfs, and Underworld are all in-store only.

Thanks for posting the Frys deals. I picked up Priest, Cloudy and the Resident Evil movies.
Unfortunately, Ghost Rider, Smurfs, and Underworld are all in-store only.
Keep in mind that Best Buy price matches frys.com, so if you're interested in getting them give BB a try.

Can you tell me if any of those came with a digital copy or is it just the 3D disc?

I stopped by FYE on my way to pm Fry's at best buy. FYE is having a B1G1 HO (Half off) on used items. I nabbed Iron Man 3 3D and Cloudy with a Chance 2 3D for $42.xX after signing up for the 30 free day trial of their membership (knocked down 10%).

While @ BB as luck would have it I got the world's slowest uninformed cashier. She tried denying a PM because "best buy only price matches amazon.com, not Fry's.com." When I told her they did she looked around frantically and said "but it's asking for a manager's approval, I might get in trouble." After 10 minutes of her trying to find it on Fry's website a manager came by since the line was backed up and showed her how; he then says, "it's limited quantities which we're not supposed to PM...buuuut I'll make an exception this time."

I thanked him and went on my way.

Prometheus and Rio are $14.99 at Best Buy.

Great Gatsby, The Hobbit, and Pacific Rim are $17.99
There are a ton of movies on sale, I purchased Great Gatsby on eBay today for $21.99 only to see all the movies on sale when I went to BBY later on. There is at least 15 other movies on sale at Best Buy.

The Lego Movie: Everything is Awesome Edition is $39.96 at Amazon right now. Submitted and got them to match Walmart's price on it. Not a huge savings over the original price of $42-something, but I'll take it.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Movie-Everything-UltraViolet-Collectible/dp/B00J11U4J6/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1396230956&sr=1-2&keywords=lego+movie+3d

If you don't care about all the bonus stuff, Amazon.co.uk has a region free version without any of the extras that works out to about $28 with shipping. Sadly, a vanilla version with 3D won't be released in the US; you HAVE to buy the special edition if you want the 3D copy over here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Movie-Blu-ray-Copy-Region/dp/B00EXPOEGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396231183&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+movie+3d

The Lego Movie: Everything is Awesome Edition is $39.96 at Amazon right now. Submitted and got them to match Walmart's price on it. Not a huge savings over the original price of $42-something, but I'll take it.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Movie-Everything-UltraViolet-Collectible/dp/B00J11U4J6/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1396230956&sr=1-2&keywords=lego+movie+3d

If you don't care about all the bonus stuff, Amazon.co.uk has a region free version without any of the extras that works out to about $28 with shipping. Sadly, a vanilla version with 3D won't be released in the US; you HAVE to buy the special edition if you want the 3D copy over here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Movie-Blu-ray-Copy-Region/dp/B00EXPOEGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396231183&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+movie+3d
Plus, they also screwed over a lot of people that had preorders on the non-BS edition and are forcing them to upgrade to this etra edition without any real "whoops, we screwed up, let us give you this version for the original price" customer service.

Check out the review of this version and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Yeah, I did see that. I wouldn't really say they're "forcing" anyone to upgrade, though. You don't *have* to buy it. Plus, the region-free version from Amazon.co.uk actually works out a little cheaper than the US version was originally. Importing is a viable alternative for anyone who doesn't want the bonus stuff.

Also, I place less blame on Amazon in this situation, and more on the movie studio themselves, since the switch was their decision. Additionally, I did see one person in the reviews who contacted Amazon and got them to give them this edition for the original price, so that might work for anyone in here who had their preorder cancelled.

Plus, they also screwed over a lot of people that had preorders on the non-BS edition and are forcing them to upgrade to this etra edition without any real "whoops, we screwed up, let us give you this version for the original price" customer service.

Check out the review of this version and you'll see what I'm referring to.
Is it just the theater I went to, or is the 3-D on this really not very spectacular? It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't exactly a showcase either. It didn't "wow" me like a Disney/Pixar or other top level 3-D movie, like gravity, Avatar, or even Prometheus. Still, average 3-D is definitely better than none, and the UK version is awfully tempting. Will that UV code work for us over here in the US?

As previously mentioned BB has a sale on 3D movies. They have an end cap with the following:

Hobbit: $17.99
Amazing Spider-Man 19.99
Pacific Rim $17.99
Jurassic Park $24.99
Star Trek into Darkness $24.99
World War Z: $24.99
The great gatsby $17.99
Wizard of Oz 75th Ann. 19.99
Rio 14.99
Despicable Me $24.99
Despicable me 2 $29.99
Prometheus $14.99