3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has some titles on sale for $17.99 (the lowest they've been on Amazon):

Dial M For Murder

The Wizard of Oz

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Jack the Giant Slayer

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

The Last Airbender
Nice! I've been waiting for a price drop on Dial M for a while

Amazon has Titanic 3D for $24.

Is that a good price?

I've had it in my cart for a little over a month and I don't think it's dipped below the $32 range.

Just got a 3D tv this year so I don't really know the history of how it's been priced over the last few months....if it is likely to go lower or not.

Is that a good price?

I've had it in my cart for a little over a month and I don't think it's dipped below the $32 range.

Just got a 3D tv this year so I don't really know the history of how it's been priced over the last few months....if it is likely to go lower or not.
It was 15 for a while at Best Buy but that was a year or so ago. I haven't seen any 15 dollar sales in a while.

So is Jack the Giant Slayer a blind buy for 18 bucks? It never looked great but the reviews seem pretty solid.
To be honest I bought it when it was released, watched it that weekend and never touched it again other to let a few people borrow it. That being said, I thought it was ok, just don't expect the greatest story or acting.

Is that a good price?

I think I've seen it for $20 a few times but that's not a huge difference, especially if you get free shipping.

FWIW I noticed Amazon has the Wolverine (3D) for $20.  Aside from that glitch with the Fox website last month I don't think it's been that low before has it?

Jean-Michel Cousteau 3d Film Trilogy [Blu-ray] (2012)
Jean-Michel Cousteau (Director) | Format: Blu-ray
$19.49 this morning, the lowest I've seen it.

http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Michel-Cousteau-Film-Trilogy-Blu-ray/dp/B004I85CY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399211415&sr=8-1&keywords=Jean+Michel+Cousteau

Includes:
SHARKS 3D Originally presented in IMAX 3D theatres. They were ruling the seas before dinosaurs roamed the earth. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Sharks 3D is a breathtaking film experience that offers audiences an astonishing up-close encounter with the Lions and Tigers of the Ocean. Come face-to-face with a multitude of shark species, including the Great White, Hammerhead, and Whale Shark. Witness them as they really are: not wicked man-eating creatures, but wild, fascinating and endangered animals that have been in existence millions of years before dinosaurs roamed the earth.

DOLPHINS AND WHALES 3D Dive into an immersive and highly emotional adventure. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Dolphins & Whales 3D is an awe-inspiring and entertaining film. Narrated by Daryl Hannah it takes you from the dazzling coral reefs of the Bahamas to the warm depths of the waters of the exotic Kingdom of Tonga for a close encounter with the surviving tribes of the ocean. Through stunning images captured for the very first time in 3D, view their lives and habitats as never-before-seen. Come so close to wild dolphins and belugas you will virtually touch them!

OCEAN WONDERLAND 3D Hold your breath and plunge into this unique, larger than life diving experience. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Ocean Wonderland 3D takes you on a stunning visual and sensorial diving adventure beneath the waves to the pulsating heart of the oceans: the coral reefs. Join your friendly host Aris the turtle and enter this magical and beautiful, yet endangered and fragile world, from Australia's Great Barrier Reef to the Bahamas. Discover the vast bio-diversity thriving there and the crucial role played by coral reefs within the marine ecosystem by providing a habitat and food for a wide variety of fish species, and maintaining the well-being of our planet.

So is Jack the Giant Slayer a blind buy for 18 bucks? It never looked great but the reviews seem pretty solid.

To be honest I bought it when it was released, watched it that weekend and never touched it again other to let a few people borrow it. That being said, I thought it was ok, just don't expect the greatest story or acting.
I'll agree with that. It was a fun one time watch. I enjoyed it, but will likely never watch it again. 3D was decent.

gravity 3D is 19.99 now at best buy. still havent seen it. is it worth it?

Absolutely. Gravity is one of the rare movies that must be watched in 3D IMO.
I'm lucky enough to have a Redbox style rental kiosk that rents 3D BD near me (5280flix for those in the Denver area). So we rented Gravity 3D and quite enjoyed it... but I can't see myself watching it ever again. Maybe other people will be able to watch it repeatedly, but it seems to me like a once-and-done.

I'm lucky enough to have a Redbox style rental kiosk that rents 3D BD near me (5280flix for those in the Denver area). So we rented Gravity 3D and quite enjoyed it... but I can't see myself watching it ever again. Maybe other people will be able to watch it repeatedly, but it seems to me like a once-and-done.
My wife hated it, which is funny because she's not really into science fiction but was surprised how basic the story was. It's absolutely reference if you are a big 3D fan plus want to see how it was made as it was a very complex film technically. I think its cool for 20 but if you don't like sci-fi or minimalist stories it's certainly not worth more than a rental.

Definitely ymmv. The Xmen endcap only had regular Bds of the original xmen movies, Prometheus and a few others, all with movie money. The 3D versions of the ones you mentioned had no movie money and rang up 15.

Pity...

Predator 3D is on sale @ BBY for $9.99; only available for shipping though. And comes with movie money.

Definitely ymmv. The Xmen endcap only had regular Bds of the original xmen movies, Prometheus and a few others, all with movie money. The 3D versions of the ones you mentioned had no movie money and rang up 15.

Pity...

Predator 3D is on sale @ BBY for $9.99; only available for shipping though. And comes with movie money.
I found Predator 3D on sale, but they had almost a full rack, and none had movie money (nor did any other films, including the X-Men). I suppose it would be worth trying the other BB to see if they have the ones with money.

Grabbed a Predator 3D, noticed that there was only one with movie money in an endcap. There were quite a few more with the 3D blus with a slipcover but no movie money, so naturally I grabbed a slip and put it on tne one with movie money :cool:.

Predator 3D any good? Hows the transfer compared to the previous BR release?
I asked about it in the movie money thread so check there, but know that they did use the Ultimate Hunter's edition to make this version.

Still, it's $10, and if you wanted to see the new X-Men movie anyways, it's a no-brainer with the $8 in movie money. Assuming you can find a version with the movie money.... and a theater that will accept it.....

Last edited:
The 3d started off pretty good, especially when the entire team was still together and walking through the jungle, it got less and less as the movie went along.  I think they ran out of budget or something because towards the end the 3d was almost non existent.

still, if you're going to watch xmen anyway it's a good purchase

The 3d started off pretty good, especially when the entire team was still together and walking through the jungle, it got less and less as the movie went along. I think they ran out of budget or something because towards the end the 3d was almost non existent.

still, if you're going to watch xmen anyway it's a good purchase
Fox has been using JVC to make these 3D movies, and the process is largely automated, so "running out of budget at the end" makes no sense whatsoever. It's been awhile since I've seen the movie, but didn't it take place over a day or two, with the final confrontation between Schwarzenegger and Predator taking place at night? Night scenes are harder to get in 3D (aren't they?). Plus Predator is a pretty old movie to begin with, which I'd imagine would make things even more difficult

While we are on the topic, I saw one of your typical "3D is dead 4K is the future" 3D bashfests article yesterday. Because, you know, people can't afford 3D TV's and despise wearing glasses indoors, but everyone can afford a house large enough to house the massive TV's needed to even notice the change between 1080 and 4K, and because obviously these 4K TV's won't support 3D "just because......"

Anyways, the article said that said Fox was no longer producing anymore of these 3D conversions. The writer was extremely biased and I can't find any other source to back up what he said, does anyone know if this is true? I was never interested in Jumper and I still haven't seen Predator yet, but I really liked the 3D conversion of I Robot, and while I typically don't go in for these re-releases, for how cheap these have been I'd hate to see them stop now.

So yeah, does anybody know anything about this or have a link they'd mind sharing? I can't find anything either way. I know they cancelled Independence Day 3D but I don't think they were using JVC to do that to begin with.

Last edited:
I didn't mean "ran out of budget" literally.  I just used it to emphasize that the 3d started off good and tailored off as the movie went on.  This includes the non dark scenes such as Mac and Dillon tracking the Predator

I didn't mean "ran out of budget" literally. I just used it to emphasize that the 3d started off good and tailored off as the movie went on. This includes the non dark scenes such as Mac and Dillon tracking the Predator
I got what you meant, but that's because I don't take everything literally. I haven't watched the 3D yet but I got it for $9 on FoxConnect. I'll watch it eventually.

Does anyone know if there will be a US 3D edition of the Lego Movie?  I have the 3D region free on pre-order from Amazon UK, but wouldn't argue with getting a 3D edition in the US if it includes a physical 3D Blu Ray disc.  The 'Everything is Awesome' edition say "Bonus 3D" but not sure if that means physical 3D BD or a mini-movie or something else entirely.  Anyone with a link to facts would be greatly appreciated.

Images for the Everything is Awesome edition show a 3D Blu-ray case with the title The Lego Movie 3D right on the cover, so I'll eat my hat if it's not the full 3D version of the feature film on 3D Blu-ray disc. I don't see any reason to believe it won't be.

http://images.blu-ray.com/news/upload/5535.jpg
The UK version will probably be cheaper. Still waiting for the official announcement of the U.S. Frozen 3-D Crystal Edition.

Images for the Everything is Awesome edition show a 3D Blu-ray case with the title The Lego Movie 3D right on the cover, so I'll eat my hat if it's not the full 3D version of the feature film on 3D Blu-ray disc. I don't see any reason to believe it won't be.

http://images.blu-ray.com/news/upload/5535.jpg
Thanks for the info! The images I was seeing was just the box that said "Bonus 3D Movie" so I wanted to be 100% sure the 'bonus' was actually the movie and not some other extra. It looks like this will run about $40 and the UK edition is about $30 so now it becomes decision time.

The UK version will probably be cheaper. Still waiting for the official announcement of the U.S. Frozen 3-D Crystal Edition.
I got the UK 3D of Frozen and really thought the 3D was solid. It may not be reference quality, but it was still very well done. Worth it if you really like 3D at home.

Thanks for the info! The images I was seeing was just the box that said "Bonus 3D Movie" so I wanted to be 100% sure the 'bonus' was actually the movie and not some other extra. It looks like this will run about $40 and the UK edition is about $30 so now it becomes decision time.
The pre-order price of the 3D version on Columbia House has been $26.97. I'm guessing that means other retailers will also have it cheaper.

bread's done
Back