3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Always wait until you know what the release week prices before you preorder.
Yeah, I'm waiting for another buy 2 get 1 with free shipping sale on CH—that's how I've been getting most of my 3D titles lately as they end up being less than $20 each

Good prices- those are just $.13 more than what each of these were on BF last year, right?
Not certain about GI Joe, but yes.

FWIW Star Trek Into Darkness is an abysmal movie. Easily the worst in the franchise. If you are a fan of shiny objects you will have something pretty to stare at for a couple of hours, but aside from that it's a failure in every conceivable way.

FWIW Star Trek Into Darkness is an abysmal movie. Easily the worst in the franchise. If you are a fan of shiny objects you will have something pretty to stare at for a couple of hours, but aside from that it's a failure in every conceivable way.
I like the movie but the whole thing is an "i c wut you did thar" with the original story and script and it could easily offend someone who cared about Star Trek canon. Also, it doesn't really introduce any new or interesting ideas.

They were at least $14.99 at some point previously because I had already bought them and that's my price point for 3d blus.
Yeah, me too... $14.99 or lower (unless it's Disney/Marvel, where $14.99 for 3D Blu just doesn't happen). I picked up Pacific Rim and Star Trek Into Darkness on BF last year from BestBuy for $14.99 each.

I like the movie but the whole thing is an "i c wut you did thar" with the original story and script and it could easily offend someone who cared about Star Trek canon. Also, it doesn't really introduce any new or interesting ideas.
As a fan of Star Trek, yeah, it was offensive. But even if you weren't a fan, there were plotholes galore.

I just don't get how people make ridiculous sums of money writing garbage like that. It boggles my mind that people aren't blacklisted, but actually praised for that trash.

I ST:ID in 3d in the theater and the Abrams Lens Flare (TM) was always in the forefront and actually blocked things! Poor implementation there.  Id wait until its very cheap.

One man's opinion. I liked Into the Darkness.

One man's opinion. I liked Into the Darkness.
I did too. I really, really disliked ST2009, so I didn't have high hopes for Into Darkness. But I gave it a shot and found that I really liked it. I won't compare it to the original cast movies, but it was better than all but First Contact of the Next Gen movies.

Fry's has a bunch of 3D titles for $14.99

http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=6434982+6434952+7285933+7781278+6803396+6991047+6963077+7576906+7668687+7856989+7542226+6475332+7735148+7154542+6533163&site=frysecampaign1+date:060614+disc:3D+Blu-ray+Movies+Promo

Jack the Giant Slayer
Katy Perry The Movie
Wizard of Oz
The Last Airbender
The Great Gatsby
To The Arctic
Wrath of the Titan
lash of the Titans
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
The Owls of Ga Hoole Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Dial M for Murder
Hubble 
Green Lantern 3D
Born to Be Wild 3D
Yogi Bear 3D

Fry's has a bunch of 3D titles for $14.99

http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=6434982+6434952+7285933+7781278+6803396+6991047+6963077+7576906+7668687+7856989+7542226+6475332+7735148+7154542+6533163&site=frysecampaign1+date:060614+disc:3D+Blu-ray+Movies+Promo

Jack the Giant Slayer
Katy Perry The Movie
Wizard of Oz
The Last Airbender
The Great Gatsby
To The Arctic
Wrath of the Titan
lash of the Titans
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
The Owls of Ga Hoole Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Dial M for Murder
Hubble
Green Lantern 3D
Born to Be Wild 3D
Yogi Bear 3D
Damn, already own all the ones I'd want but thanks for the post. I'm waiting for Hansel and Gretel to drop to this price.

XMen Days of Future Past 3D Amazon Exclusive with Magneto helmet:

Reg $129.99 Sale Price $74.99

www.amazon.com/X-Men-Future-Amazon-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B00K7IPH5I/

Looks like no deals on Lego 3D?  What did Amazon offer this at before they pulled it?  I thought it was pretty low before the "awesome" edition was announced.

Looks like no deals on Lego 3D? What did Amazon offer this at before they pulled it? I thought it was pretty low before the "awesome" edition was announced.
If you have Columbia House, they still have the best deal for $26.97 (and free shipping right now). And if you have the newly-restored bonus points in your account, you could get as low as $6.97 with free shipping.

I finally watched the amazing spiderman in 3d and didn't think the 3d was that great considering it was shot in 3d. Anyone feel the same way? Most of the reviews I've read mad it sound like the 3d was really good.

I finally watched the amazing spiderman in 3d and didn't think the 3d was that great considering it was shot in 3d. Anyone feel the same way? Most of the reviews I've read mad it sound like the 3d was really good.
The reports I've read said it wasn't so good - there wasn't the depth you'd expect in most cases. Only in the action sequences was it a big improvement over the 2-D. It's proof that being shot in native 3-D is not enough - your DP needs to know what they're doing. ASM2 was a conversion, and it wasn't bad, but wasn't great either, though if you're a fan of gimmicks, like objects being thrown towards you, or raindrops falling from the sky onto you, you might get a kick out of it.

Abraham Lincoln, Prometheus, Jumper, I Robot, and Immortals are all $12.99 at Best Buy.

Also, The Hobbit: Extended Edition is $19.99 at Best Buy as well (which is the lowest price that I can recall seeing for that.)
fuck my life. This would come right after Father's day :wall:

Thanks anyways. I've been.... curious.... about Jumper. I've never seen it at all, but I thought I Robot 3D was really good. Then again I didn't care much for Predator 3D. Any thoughts?

I've been waiting forever for the Hobbit 3D Extended to hit $20. Do you guys think they'll release a super-extended version once the trilogy is complete? And everything I'm seeing says it's the 3D blu ray only.... does it not come with the standard bluray?

Last edited:
fuck my life. This would come right after Father's day :wall:

Thanks anyways. I've been.... curious.... about Jumper. I've never seen it at all, but I thought I Robot 3D was really good. Then again I didn't care much for Predator 3D. Any thoughts?

I've been waiting forever for the Hobbit 3D Extended to hit $20. Do you guys think they'll release a super-extended version once the trilogy is complete? And everything I'm seeing says it's the 3D blu ray only.... does it not come with the standard bluray?
I just watched I Robot, Jumper, and Gamer in 3d and that order I would also say is how the 3d goes(Best to worst). Jumper has a few nice scenes but it wasn't anything special. Gamer the 3d was okay but there are so many quick cuts that it ruins any effect. I'm getting to predator soon.

Any good deals on the Lego Movie? I'd order from Columbia House but I'm hoping to get it by tomorrow if possible.  Are any B&M stores carrying it for under $30 or allowing a price match for under $30? 

If it's like the steelbook that was released a while back it's only the the 3d movie
I stopped out there today and saw that was the case. Looks like it's 4 discs. 2 for the movie and 2 for extra content.
Gah, I'm gonna have to try to swing by and see myself. I can't find shit on google. Thanks to you both!

Edit: Actually I did manage to pull this up on bluray.com. The steelbook is missing the 2D version of the movie. The 3D version comes on 2 discs, then 2 discs of special features.

The non-steelbook version comes with 5 discs, the extra disc being the 2D version of the movie with some extra commentary apparently.

So..... fuck. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:
Gah, I'm gonna have to try to swing by and see myself. I can't find shit on google. Thanks to you both!

Edit: Actually I did manage to pull this up on bluray.com. The steelbook is missing the 2D version of the movie. The 3D version comes on 2 discs, then 2 discs of special features.

The non-steelbook version comes with 5 discs, the extra disc being the 2D version of the movie with some extra commentary apparently.

Was just coming here to post links to the two covers:

http://images2.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/75411_slipback.jpg

http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/89535_back.jpg

One of the few times the steelbook version is WORSE than the non-steelbook version. With the Exception of Oz Great and Powerful (which without 3-D there is really no point) I'd never get a 3-D movie that doesn't have a 2-D disc.

One of the few times the steelbook version is WORSE than the non-steelbook version. With the Exception of Oz Great and Powerful (which without 3-D there is really no point) I'd never get a 3-D movie that doesn't have a 2-D disc.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never understood all the fanfare over the Steelbooks--I prefer the normal cases. For this release I was upset that Best Buy was not offering the normal release in the store, just their Steelbook exclusive. In general, I don't care about not having a 2D disc because a) I would never watch a film in 2D if I had the option of watching in 3D, and b) my blu-ray player and/or TV can always display it in 2D if for some reason I have to watch it that way. But the fact that there was no commentary on the Best Buy set (even though I'll probably never listen to it) and the steelbook case was a deal-killer for me. I don't remember where I ended up getting it, but I recall that no stores were stocking it on release day because they considered it a re-release instead of a new release.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never understood all the fanfare over the Steelbooks--I prefer the normal cases.
I feel the same way.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to pick this up for the price and seeing as how it comes with an Ultraviolet download, I can use that any time I'd want to watch the 2D version.

Looks like no deals on Lego 3D? What did Amazon offer this at before they pulled it? I thought it was pretty low before the "awesome" edition was announced.
If you have Columbia House, they still have the best deal for $26.97 (and free shipping right now). And if you have the newly-restored bonus points in your account, you could get as low as $6.97 with free shipping.
While not as inexpensive as Columbia House, Costco had the Lego Move Everything Is Awesome Edition for $34.99 when I was there yesterday. This is pretty much the same price I have been seeing at various on-line retailers and you can just walk in and get it. It looks like it will normally be $39.99, but the price is lower presently - don't know how long it will last but I would guess through the weekend.

Folks with Columbia House, there's a new coupon code MAKERAIN to save $10 off an order (some people have been able to use twice)

Some new/pre-release deals after coupon, plus $2.99 shipping, and pre-tax are:

• The Lego Movie 3D - $19.96
  • 300: Rise of an Empire 3D - $14.56
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - $20.56

bread's done
Back