3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that Best Buy has a pre-order for an exclusive version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D BD with a Comic Book on sale for $24.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-amazing-spiderman-2-only--best-buy-with-comic-book-blu-ray-3d/5414105.p?id=3183621&skuId=5414105&st=categoryid$cat02015&lp=14&cp=1
Product listings on major e-retailers like Best Buy always confuse me/make me laugh- there are ZERO details about the Blu's or the comic book that comes with it, yet they offer it for sale and expect people to buy it?

I am interested in this BBY exclusive, but I won't be placing an order until I know a detail or two about it! :)

Product listings on major e-retailers like Best Buy always confuse me/make me laugh- there are ZERO details about the Blu's or the comic book that comes with it, yet they offer it for sale and expect people to buy it?

I am interested in this BBY exclusive, but I won't be placing an order until I know a detail or two about it! :)
If it's anything like the DC comics they've offered in deals, it's not worth your time. For instance I saw one that had JL#1, Flash#1, and a couple of others collected into a single book. Same with Batman; Batman #1, Dark Knight #1, Batman + Robin #1, ect.

I'm assuming you are familiar with comics, but just in case you aren't, you are getting bits and pieces of several stories, not one complete story.

Last edited:
Right now, all of the Transformer movies (and some non-Transformer movies like Top Gun) have free movie money in them EXCEPT the 3-D version of Dark of the Moon. Someone out there really does hate us.

$39.99

Lego Movie The (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack) WBshop Exclusive Collector's Edition with Cinch Bag and Sticker Sheet

www.wbshop.com/product/code/1000519001.do

R.I.P.D. 3D $19.99 at Frys, I picked one up today after pming at Best Buy. This is literally the lowest it's ever been and stock isn't plentiful at the store.

Looks like Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return won't be getting a 3D BD release in the US--Fox press release only mentions 2D BD & DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P.D. 3D $19.99 at Frys, I picked one up today after pming at Best Buy. This is literally the lowest it's ever been and stock isn't plentiful at the store.
Really? A local store had it for $10. I passed on it because it looked like a shit movie, but I was tempted.

Fry's has the following 3D movies for $12.99

Star Trek Into Darkness

World War Z

G.I. Joe Retaliation

You shouldn't have any problems with a Best Buy price match on these.
Actually you could have problems, at least I have recently. Best Buy doesn't seem to pricematch Fry's anymore. They even removed it from their list of retailers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

It looks like the only way you can even hope for them to PM Fry's now is if it's a store price located within X miles, which means if your store is anything like mine you'll be sitting there half an hour while some bum calls to confirm that everything you want to PM is in stock at X price. Not even worth the effort, not when I can just drive to the other store. I've been shopping at Best Buy less and less, but this is the kicker :oops:

Just saw it yesterday, reminded me of men in black but with dead people. The comedy isn't on par with MIB but had it's moments.
I loved MiB, I liked them all well enough but 1 was a fantastic film IMO. But without the Jones/Smith dynamic I don't know if I'd feel the same way. Sounds like this is a skip for me, even at $10.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the Best Buy price match.  I've matched them so many times before without any issues that I never looked and saw that the list changed.  

Thanks for the info about the Best Buy price match. I've matched them so many times before without any issues that I never looked and saw that the list changed.
It has to be a fairly new change, I didn't start having problems myself until the last few weeks or so. Depending on how slack stores are I bet plenty haven't made the update yet lol.... sadly though mine have.

Last edited:
Amazon was out of stock for a while, but it's back again at this price now. I picked one up. The 3D in this is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. Out of all of the 3D Blu-rays I own, this one ranks very close to the top in terms of quality of the 3D effects. Thanks for the post.

Captain America 1 3D is back over the $60 mark yet again.  Just thought I should point that out for any interested asshats out there.....

Last edited:
I can't believe Captain America is selling for so much, they may have a sale once the new one gets closer to release date, I guess I was fortunate to get this for $20 when it was on sale at BBY.

Amazon was out of stock for a while, but it's back again at this price now. I picked one up. The 3D in this is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. Out of all of the 3D Blu-rays I own, this one ranks very close to the top in terms of quality of the 3D effects. Thanks for the post.
I picked it up for $10 a few months ago at Frys when they had their anniversay sale, I also got Kung Fu Panda and Monsters vs. Aliens for the same price.

I have no idea what you were looking for in a Dredd story, but I loved the movie. Well worth the $9.99 or $7.99 price that it sells for.
Dredd was a great interpretation of the comics and far, far better than the one from the 90s with Sylvester Stallone. Even if you're not a Dredd fan, I think you should enjoy it as a great action movie throwback to earlier times.

I loved it and recommend it everyone I know that would like it.

Dredd was a great interpretation of the comics and far, far better than the one from the 90s with Sylvester Stallone. Even if you're not a Dredd fan, I think you should enjoy it as a great action movie throwback to earlier times.

I loved it and recommend it everyone I know that would like it.
I agree.

There was no B.S. in the plot for the film. It was an action film that didn't put up the pretense of being something else. I can only hope that they can put together another one with Urban at some point, in some fashion.

Add me to the list of those who really liked Dredd. It was exactly the kind of movie it needed to be, action packed, no-nonsense, good acting, good special effects (a bit too heavy on the slow-mo scenes though), good character development, etc. Overall a great moviem and the 3D is decent. Definitely a buy if you don't already own it.

On a side note, I watched the Indonesian film The Raid: Redemption recently and it was very similar to Dredd. It was more oriented to martial arts than gunplay, but had the same gritty style and a very similar plot. Also worth a watch.

Well gotta watch dredd now.

If it sucks, I blame of you people.

I think I already own it, if not will buy it next time its 8 or so.

On a side note, I watched the Indonesian film The Raid: Redemption recently and it was very similar to Dredd. It was more oriented to martial arts than gunplay, but had the same gritty style and a very similar plot. Also worth a watch.
Yeah, there was a huge deal made a few years back claiming that since Dredd released after The Raid, it was a rip-off of The Raid. But Dredd started filming months before The Raid, so the opposite is more believable.

That aside, I loved Dredd. I just watched it again the other night for the fourth or fifth time. It's replaced Smokin' Aces as the senseless violence movie on my list of fall-back movies, when I want to watch something I've seen before. That list also includes Hitchhiker's Guide (needs a 3d conversion now!), Hot Fuzz, and the Indiana Jones trilogy (yes, trilogy :lol:)

300 is far a better movie then rise of an empire

The 3rd 300 movie is called 300 rise of an empire strikes back

bread's done
Back