3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="consoleman" post="12660904" if consumers can show more support for the current generation of 3D titles, maybe it can send a message to the studios.[/quote]

Agreed although I'm a late adopter, being a projector guy. 3-d start up cost were hogi a few years ago. Now I'm all in as the tech is getting more dated. Cannot jump up to 4k projection till far in the future. But it will be worth the wait

Agreed although I'm a late adopter, being a projector guy. 3-d start up cost were hogi a few years ago. Now I'm all in as the tech is getting more dated. Cannot jump up to 4k projection till far in the future. But it will be worth the wait
I'm a late adopter myself. It's only lately that 3D blurays have been more reasonably priced that I began collecting them. I have no plans to get 4k until the technology is mature. Or if miraculously Star Wars appear on 4K bluray, I would jump on it really quick. :)

Speaking of 4K TV's this is my sony 850A, currently  batteling out with Sony to get me a replacement, this happened a year to the day that I received it, the lines have gotten worst.

Untitled

Wow thar sucks. The very reason I'm waiting as long as possible. Either way I'm not buying a tv, PJ only. The good stuff belongs in the man cave

Consoleman if you have a family video near by I've been getting my 3d's any where from $2.50 to $10. Good place to milk

Wow thar sucks. The very reason I'm waiting as long as possible. Either way I'm not buying a tv, PJ only. The good stuff belongs in the man cave

Consoleman if you have a family video near by I've been getting my 3d's any where from $2.50 to $10. Good place to milk
Unfortunately, I don't have a family video near me but I can check out their website.

Have the new movie cash blu's hit retail stores yet? If so it would be worth just having target, best buy, etc. price match Amazon

here's the link to the jurassic park 3d with fandango movie money

it was actually available for a short time for the same price as the normal version but got pulled down. Hopefully it come back soon

http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-3D-and-Jurassic-World-Fandango-Cash-Blu-ray/dp/B00TPL8DPE?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-056-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00TPL8DPE&m=
This now shows up as "Test ASIN" on Amazon, so I don't think this a valid link any longer, plus price went up to $29.99. Click on the link and you'll see.

Jurassic Park 3D is back for $17.99 on Amazon. It doesn't specifically note including Fandango cash, but that doesn't mean it isn't the new packaging that does. $18 is a good deal either way, so it will be a nice bonus if the movie cash is included.
Nothing in the reviews about it coming with the movie cash, so if it's coming with it, it's not happened in the last week or two.

The Amazon link is likely for the previous movie cash release that came out before the 3D theatrical release

According to bluray.com, the new Fandango cash release is scheduled for release on May 12. Since that's a Tuesday, I'm betting the new Fandango cash blus are marked for and will hold to that street day release

Good find.  $2 extra for at least $7 (hopefully $10) of movie money, not a bad exchange.

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon did the promotion with existing stock and just have the movie money get generated when the order ships, like they've done in the past.   I'd keep an eye out in the next week or so on Amazon.

Best Buy currently has a bunch of 3D Disney titles on sale.  Picked up Little Mermaid 3D for $27.99 (the lowest price it has ever been there I believe) and many others (Tangled, Toy Story, Cars, etc) are around that price.

Avengers 2 is up for preorder at bestbuy and amazon for $22.99 not a bad price considering these movies rarely go on sale. Hopefully drops to $20 before it releases. 

Avengers 2 is up for preorder at bestbuy and amazon for $22.99 not a bad price considering these movies rarely go on sale. Hopefully the steelbook drops to $20 before it releases.
Sorry, fixed that for you. I preordered on BB in case we don't get a steelbook and will cancel if we get one. Since we had Avengers 1 get a steelbook as a pre-order bonus and GOTG had one, plus Thor 2 and Cap America 2, I think we're in a good spot to probably get one for A: AOU.

As an aside, Avengers 1 3D combo is $37.99 on BB.com and GOTG is $29.99 right now.

If anyone is looking for 3D glasses Amazon and Best Buy has the Panasonic 3D glasses for $20. I was dubious about them at first but after I bought my first pair I do feel they are less dark and have a slight better depth perception than the Samsung glasses. I highly recommend them at this price because they generally go for $40-80 range.

A 2 minute charge for 3 hours of usage or a 30 minute charge for 30 hours.

Just make sure your model TV is 2012 and forth. It uses RF signal and not the IR signal. Google search to make sure. It does work on my Samsung 2012 7100F series television.

Credit goes to Slickdeals site.

Amazon

Best Buy

Anyone see Jurassic Park 3D blu with movie cash in stores yet? At Walmart yesterday they had a display out but it only had standard DVD's and blu's with movie cash

Sorry, fixed that for you. I preordered on BB in case we don't get a steelbook and will cancel if we get one. Since we had Avengers 1 get a steelbook as a pre-order bonus and GOTG had one, plus Thor 2 and Cap America 2, I think we're in a good spot to probably get one for A: AOU.

As an aside, Avengers 1 3D combo is $37.99 on BB.com and GOTG is $29.99 right now.
This is why I hesititate to pre-order now. They will definitely have a steelbook version and there's been no indication that Best Buy is slowing down on this trend.

Best Buy currently has a bunch of 3D Disney titles on sale. Picked up Little Mermaid 3D for $27.99 (the lowest price it has ever been there I believe) and many others (Tangled, Toy Story, Cars, etc) are around that price.
Is this really the cheapest they've been? I'm tempted on Little Mermaid (it's also matched on Amazon) and know disney rarely discounts.... still tough to spend that much on a blu-ray.

[quote name="rohitman" post="12689892" timestamp="1431566650"]Is this really the cheapest they've been? I'm tempted on Little Mermaid (it's also matched on Amazon) and know disney rarely discounts.... still tough to spend that much on a blu-ray.[/quote]
Go to camelcamelcamel.com, put in the ASIN # from the Amazon product page and you will see for yourself.

Is this really the cheapest they've been? I'm tempted on Little Mermaid (it's also matched on Amazon) and know disney rarely discounts.... still tough to spend that much on a blu-ray.
Honestly, some of the Disney 3D blurays I've bought on Ebay used since the prices tend to be ridiculous. I paid around $16 for a complete used copy of the Little Mermaid 3D with the digital slip unused. Same with Tron Legacy ($14) and, Monters Inc ($20) and Tangled ($19). All in near perfect condition.

I think the only drawback is that you have to be on the Ebay site/app religiously to find that perfect deal.

Hmm tempted on Life of Pi

Have a Best Buy gift card so I went to see if I could get Titanic 3D pm-ed yesterday but no area Best Buys had it. I ended up going to Fry's and got a rain check for it. Was tempted to get Age of Extinction and Into Darkness but I already own the steels. Will see if I can just find only the 3D discs on ebay and put them in the steelbooks

I did pick up Jurassic Park 3D with movie cash on sale for $16.99

The Hobbit Trilogy 3D seems to be one of Amazon's DotD at $48.

Which is completely asinine because the same fucking trilogy can be bought at normal price from Amazon.co.uk and shipped to America for $44.

Not sure which 3D titles it works on (doesn't work on preorders) but foxconnect.com has another 50% off coupon "HALF OFF" (space included)

I believe DreamWorks titles are usually excluded from the coupons.
That appears to be correct. I would have purchased Rise of the Guardians but the code does not apply. Tried a few more that I know are Dreamworks and the same result.

That appears to be correct. I would have purchased Rise of the Guardians but the code does not apply. Tried a few more that I know are Dreamworks and the same result.
FWIW I think you dodged a bullet there, but shame Shrek/Ice Age/Kung Fu Panda aren't discounted :cry:

Still getting a ton of stuff though.... at least DOFP is half off. I was waiting for the Rogue version but since that's not coming out in 3D I suppose I'll settle for the regular instead.

I guess it pays to wait - I got DOFP and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for just a little more than I would have paid for one of them during the Thanksgiving to Week after New Years stretch. By the way, free shipping for orders over $25 is calculated BEFORE the coupon is used, so you still get it even if the coupon knocks you down below $25.

Jurassic Park 3D - Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B00B4804KS?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-031-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00B4804KS&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I already own the JP trilogy on Blu-ray, but I couldn't pass up this classic at this price.  The original JP is one of my favorite movies of all time.  It's unclear if this will come with up to $7.50 in Fandango movie cash to see Jurassic World, though, in case that affects your decision one way or the other.

Jurassic Park 3D - Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B00B4804KS?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-031-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00B4804KS&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I already own the JP trilogy on Blu-ray, but I couldn't pass up this classic at this price. The original JP is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's unclear if this will come with up to $7.50 in Fandango movie cash to see Jurassic World, though, in case that affects your decision one way or the other.
Also DOTD at Best Buy, both movie money and non-movie money versions. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movie-and-tv-show-box-sets-on-blu-ray-disc

Also DOTD at Best Buy, both movie money and non-movie money versions. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movie-and-tv-show-box-sets-on-blu-ray-disc
Thanks, sp00ge. I was about to double dip at @ $17 for the 3D copy, though $10 + movie money is a much better deal. Thanks!

Uggh - just got this couple weeks back at BB when it was $16.99
If you bought it online and it's in the return period, call and get it price adjusted. If you did it in-store, go in store today and have them adjust the price.

I guess it pays to wait - I got DOFP and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for just a little more than I would have paid for one of them during the Thanksgiving to Week after New Years stretch. By the way, free shipping for orders over $25 is calculated BEFORE the coupon is used, so you still get it even if the coupon knocks you down below $25.
You also got them 6 months sooner than you would have otherwise. And I know Best Buy had the PotA steelbook for $20 (that's what I got) and some "Sentinel" edition of DOFP for I think $20 as well.

It all depends on what you want and how long you are wiling to wait. I waited for DOFP but I the new PotA was an amazing movie, and was worth getting it at launch instead of waiting IMO.

BTW how long does it take Fox to "process" these orders? Mine still just says processing....

You also got them 6 months sooner than you would have otherwise. And I know Best Buy had the PotA steelbook for $20 (that's what I got) and some "Sentinel" edition of DOFP for I think $20 as well.

It all depends on what you want and how long you are wiling to wait. I waited for DOFP but I the new PotA was an amazing movie, and was worth getting it at launch instead of waiting IMO.

BTW how long does it take Fox to "process" these orders? Mine still just says processing....
I ordered an Apes steelbook, but it was cancelled. As far as processing goes, it could last anywhere from a few days to a few months, but I've quite a backlog anyway.

bread's done
Back