3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn't think star wars would get a 3d release. I bought it alreafy and only watched it once and wish I had waited. I saw it in 3d and was not impressed at the theater however. Wonder if the home version will be better, I'll wait for reviews.

I honestly didn't think star wars would get a 3d release. I bought it alreafy and only watched it once and wish I had waited. I saw it in 3d and was not impressed at the theater however. Wonder if the home version will be better, I'll wait for reviews.
Had they not mentioned it in the original press release, I would have assumed there wouldn't be a 3D release. But since they did, I held off. However, mid November is kind of pushing it for a "Fall" release—it's practically Winter at that point.

At least this is a digibook with some bonus items rather than just an Amaray release and nothing to show for it. 

Time to make another trip on the Good Ship Double-Dip. 

Good idea.  If you already have the 2D release then you likely already have the digital copy, so unless you really want the DMR points, this is a good, cheaper alternative. 

Best Buy lowered the price of the Force Awakens 3D CE by $2 and I fully expect it to drop to $24.99 to $29.99 by release.  I will only consider it if it goes below $25 though.

I'm thinking it'll be $29.99 at the most on release week since it's a Disney title and then regular msrp will be closer to $40 after that. But this releases about a week and a half before Black Friday so there is potential of a sale then.
If there are no kind of further exclusives or deals anywhere I'll probably order from target to get at least a red card discount

Just bought BvS3D with my 10% off birthday coupon, and $15 in rewards - took the movie down to $2.99 + tax if I am remembering correctly. :)

Does the 3D Disney movies play both in 3D in 2D on the same disc I thought they did I'm I right or wrong thanks

All of the ones I have are separate discs for 2D and 3D.  3D disc is 3D-only, unless you have a TV/player that converts 3D -> 2D.

For those interested in the Force Awakens 3D, Digital Bits keeps talking about a rumored release of a set containing TFA and the 3D versions of the prequels.

There's no way to make it work using a VPN to create an account/redeem? I was able to redeem a French UV of Seventh Son and link it to my UV account and it shows up in Vudu.
I suppose a VPN should work, though I'm not sure how DMR / DMA would work in these cases. UV codes, yeah, that's something I could see being fine, though Disney codes, that's a different situation.

There's no way to make it work using a VPN to create an account/redeem? I was able to redeem a French UV of Seventh Son and link it to my UV account and it shows up in Vudu.
I would imagine if you were willing to set up an EU account and make sure it's accessed through your VPN you fake the whole thing and access the content. I just don't really have the time manage it and more importantly 90% of the utility of my digital copies is accessing them on the road with my kids with an ipad. I've never even looked into the feasibility of doing that kind of thing on a tablet.

Target has a 15% off cartwheel deal for Angry Birds, which I used on the 4K/3D version, to knock the price down to $22.94. With their extra 10% off on Sunday, August 28th, my final price was $20.65. Our sales tax is a wash with the 5% red card savings.

For anyone who pre-ordered Captain America: Civil War from Target, you should check your orders.

I pre-ordered the Target Exclusive 3D version in 2 different orders.  The first was an early one with a single $5 GC only.  The 2nd order was when they had an overlap of deals, so I got 2 $5 GC with the 3D version price of $27.99.

Both of my orders now says that I'm getting the NON-3D Target Exclusive versions.

I placed a new order today for the 3D Target Exclusive version at the new lower price of $24.99 (plus 10% off making it $22.49) which still comes with a $5 GC.

Target has a 15% off cartwheel deal for Angry Birds, which I used on the 4K/3D version, to knock the price down to $22.94. With their extra 10% off on Sunday, August 28th, my final price was $20.65. Our sales tax is a wash with the 5% red card savings.
Thanks! Picked it up.

For anyone who pre-ordered Captain America: Civil War from Target, you should check your orders.

I pre-ordered the Target Exclusive 3D version in 2 different orders. The first was an early one with a single $5 GC only. The 2nd order was when they had an overlap of deals, so I got 2 $5 GC with the 3D version price of $27.99.

Both of my orders now says that I'm getting the NON-3D Target Exclusive versions.

I placed a new order today for the 3D Target Exclusive version at the new lower price of $24.99 (plus 10% off making it $22.49) which still comes with a $5 GC.
Mine was switched to the comic download edition too. Canceled, I'll just get it off amazon.

I pre-ordered the Target Exclusive 3D version in 2 different orders. The first was an early one with a single $5 GC only. The 2nd order was when they had an overlap of deals, so I got 2 $5 GC with the 3D version price of $27.99.

Placed an order for the 3D Target Exclusive version even though there was a version for $22.99 without the Target exclusive stuff. Hope the extras are worth it. After not reading comics for over a decade, I'll probably binge-read a bunch of comics when I get the 1 month access to the comics.

If I read it right, it's a month's access to Marvel's library of comics. A nice extra for anyone who has any interest in comics.
Marvel Unlimited is incredible. With the obscenely high cost of trades and hardcovers, it's the only way I'll ever get to read a lot of these stories.

Marvel Unlimited is incredible. With the obscenely high cost of trades and hardcovers, it's the only way I'll ever get to read a lot of these stories.
This will be a big plus for me. After quitting comics in the early 90s, I have so much to catch up on. To read comics on Marvel Unlimited, are the comics downloaded to be read or do I always have to be online to read it?

This will be a big plus for me. After quitting comics in the early 90s, I have so much to catch up on. To read comics on Marvel Unlimited, are the comics downloaded to be read or do I always have to be online to read it?
I can't recommend having a tablet of some sort enough. The interface is so natural it's crazy. You can download up to 10 comics to read offline if you want. I have done a lot of reading through my phone's hotspot and each comic runs about 4mb-8mb so you can freely read quite a bit. I wouldn't even bother with the one month plans as 69.99 for a year is a steal and if you read just 1 comic a week it basically pays for itself. I have spent a lazy Sunday burning through 30-50 issues of something and it truly is a great way to discover things you likely would have never tried without the service.

Ugh, I just realized my Target order was switched from 3D to non-3D also.  Of course, the price was the same.  I ordered one for in store pick up, but I'm going to have to pay $25 for it instead of $22.50 minus the $5 gift card.   Target's pre-order system is the worst...  Not to mention the pre-order doesn't arrive until a week after release date.

bread's done
Back